K8 GSX-R 750
    Liked
    7 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The cap was definitely on there at the start of the day as it was a blingy little thing from the previous owner. I should have double checked at the breakfast point before we shot off for Leg 2. Just goes to show you can never take things for granted.

Funnily enough at the Gull servo we saw half a dozen boys trying to reattach a mystery black box with wires to the underside/rear of a Harley Davidson frame....they didn't look too happy about it. Can only imagine what that was.
    Ass is back on a Super Sport!!!
    Likes BillyBoof liked this post

Motorbike
    Aprilia SXV550, KTM250EXC-F & Kawasaki Balius
    Liked
    3434 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Known View Post
    I'm really not sure if you're being serious or trolling. Brand new tyres really aren't that hard to scrub in, just take it easy for a while and gradually increase the intensity of you're riding. Much the same way you take it easy for a bit on cold tyres or in the wet.
    If you've got new tyres then it's a perfect time to put the bike up on a stand, wash it, oil the chain, change engine oil, etc.

Might as well take the outer wax off while you're there.

Sure, it will wear off eventually, but if a car pulls out in front of you and you've got to swerve suddenly in that first 100km of the new tyres then you're going down.

Depends how mechanically minded you are. For me, using a paddock stand and sander to sand the oil off my motard tyre was piss easy. For others it's a big hassle.

I actually haven't rubbed the wax off new tyres previously, but I will next time. Stuff it, I want 100% working tyres from the start.

I watched a guy crash in Vic Park years ago. Brand new tyres and he didn't push it hard around the corner. Bike low-sided.
    One owner. Only driven gently on Sundays. Sold to best offer. First to see will buy. Reward offered for safe return. Coming soon to a cinema near you. Available for a limited time only.

My waterbed broke this morning. Oh, I don't have a waterbed. Bugger.

Motorbike
    KTM Duke 200
    Liked
    56 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Phildo View Post
    If you've got new tyres then it's a perfect time to put the bike up on a stand, wash it, oil the chain, change engine oil, etc.

Might as well take the outer wax off while you're there.

Sure, it will wear off eventually, but if a car pulls out in front of you and you've got to swerve suddenly in that first 100km of the new tyres then you're going down.

Depends how mechanically minded you are. For me, using a paddock stand and sander to sand the oil off my motard tyre was piss easy. For others it's a big hassle.

I actually haven't rubbed the wax off new tyres previously, but I will next time. Stuff it, I want 100% working tyres from the start.

I watched a guy crash in Vic Park years ago. Brand new tyres and he didn't push it hard around the corner. Bike low-sided.
    As far as I'm aware, they don't use the 'wax' on new tyres anymore. I took grandad's advice and didn't worry about having new tyres, and I've gone social riding on tyres with 20-30kms on them from new and they've been fine. As long as you warm them up before you start pushing them (like any tyre) it doesn't matter. One long left and one long right is enough to scrub in both sides of the tyres.
    Rest in Peace

Quote Originally Posted by GreenMeanie View Post
    A note for CM's. Don't be fucking girls. You can pass anything. Just fuckin' "Nail It". Take ya panties off you faggots.

Motorbike
    ZX10R, DRZ400SM
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah all you need is to get them not shinney & your good to go.. few k's of swerving then your all sweet
    Hoonaholics Garage

Motorbike
    98 TITANIUM CBR1100XX SUPERBLACKBIRD
    Liked
    1150 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillz View Post
    yeah all you need is to get them not shinney & your good to go.. few k's of swerving then your all sweet
    +1 The last few tyres I've gotten from either T4B or MC Pitstop and usually by the time I've gotten home they're fine (~25 & 13km respectively) and one time from T4B it was absolutely pissing down
    Just took it easy and made smooth changes of direction and all was good

Saying that there has been the odd occasion I've picked up some oil or diesel close to home and have used thinners and a rag or some sandpaper with the bike on the centerstand to clean the tyre just make sure
    #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Phildo View Post
    Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
    Quote Originally Posted by filbert View Post
    i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
    Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Motorbike
    '89 Honda MC19
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All good SinRose. Was only 30 seconds of work. longer to packup tools lol.
    Big thanks to Known for putting the ride together and everyone who went along.
    A nice easy putter on the way back to Mundaring Weir Pub complete with breatho en route lol.
    Will certainly be keeping an eye out for next one.
    Cheers
    Drew
    "Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for ..."

Epicurus
    Likes SinRose, Gim liked this post