Thread: Exhaust wrap

Liked
    43 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A bike, is a bike.. Nothing wrong with owning a hyo and certianly nothing wrong with wanting it to look good..

Wrapping pipes is ok, but can trap heat in the pipes, excessively heating them and causing them to fail.. I think it is rare though..

You could always have them ceramic coated, and may not cost much more than buying decent exhaust wrap - especially as exhaust wrap does not last forever..

My 2 cents..

Motorbike
    KTM Duke 200
    Liked
    56 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bostromus View Post
    A bike, is a bike.. Nothing wrong with owning a hyo and certianly nothing wrong with wanting it to look good..

Wrapping pipes is ok, but can trap heat in the pipes, excessively heating them and causing them to fail.. I think it is rare though..

You could always have them ceramic coated, and may not cost much more than buying decent exhaust wrap - especially as exhaust wrap does not last forever..

My 2 cents..
    Wouldn't the ceramic coat "trap excessive heat in the pipes and make them fail" ? Seeing as it's more effective at insulating..
    Rest in Peace

Quote Originally Posted by GreenMeanie View Post
    A note for CM's. Don't be fucking girls. You can pass anything. Just fuckin' "Nail It". Take ya panties off you faggots.

Motorbike
    zx636
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bostromus View Post

My 2 cents..
    What nonsense. Wrap them or don't but your never going to (heat) damage your headers by wrapping them.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Likes Ryanoceros, pnork liked this post

Motorbike
    Plausible Denial
    Liked
    609 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    as exhaust gas temperature is related to engine tune i dont think if you wrap it it'll get the the point of being an issue, being a Hyosung GT650 in factory trim an all, thats not being mean just pointing out a 650 putting out that kind of horsepower isn't highly strung, its also the front cylinder so its sticking out in the wind and rain so is cooled more than the back one.

so you could wrap it in exhaust bandage after cleaning, and it probably will rust a bit underneath it eventually but i just think an exhaust bandage on it might look a bit shit. wraps suite some not others. what about clean it up and rattle can it black with high temp exhaust paint

and then theres the whole "oh look there goes a Hyosung with an exhaust bandage, i wonder whats holding the rest of it together, bandaids, safety pins and an ice pack? "
    I cant help it if your perceptions don't match my reality

Motorbike
    Twins
    Liked
    491 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And everyone knows 87.3% of the heat energy exits the muffer.
    Soz... Not fridsy.

Motorbike
    (TY-250- RD350LC- Gsx 750 esd) Current -Gsx 250 SSM GSX 1100 EFE
    Liked
    304 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So EGT has nothing to do with load then??? .."state of tune" bullshit..

Light throttle on a 200 hp bike,exhaust runs cool ...relatively same unit at WOT full load..may be a different story..?

Go on wrap 'em I hear that damp wrap is easier to use... and dries tighter on the pipe.?
    " Imagination is the seed of life..."