Liked
    796 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprint View Post
    Explain any simple mechanisation and apply what you can in 30 days.
    Discuss basic anatomical layouts with the royal physician. Take that person through an autopsy and detail organs and relationships.... remind them you’re not of medical background. Make sure the king is there as an observer.
    This doesnt prove anything, anyone can make up random medical explanations without having any specific way to prove you are correct.

Apply basic 1st aid principles to injured parties and teach DRABC to mums teachers soldiers and travellers.
    This doesnt specifically prove you are from the future, only that you are a healer.

Explain bacteria and simple precautions. Perhaps apply local agents to cuts and abrasions (plant based).
    This is a decent answer but would 30 days be enough to prove it? and what plants are you aware of that could fix infections? Alcohol would work but you wouldnt get a 100% survival rate from applying alcohol to infections.

The list is almost infinite.... talk alloys to the foundry workers...one day would suffice really.
    Do you know enough about alloys to tell a foundry worker how to specifically create a better metal? And would they have had access to those metals to be able to just start following your instructions? If you are a engineer who understands metals maybe, but the chances that they have the right combo of metals on hand and can produce anything in 30 days is fairly unlikely. I could be wrong though as I don't know much about metallurgy, so Im genuinely curious to know.

Gunpowder would be a more obvious one, as the middle ages was when it was being spread throughout the world, so assuming you get sent back to the classic trope of King Arthur's England, they might know about it but not know how to create it and you could help. If they don't even know about it though it would involve finding Sulfur, Potassium Nitrate and Charcoal. The Charcoal would be easy but the other 2 maybe tricker.
    My mum always used to say, when life hands you lemons "kill mob within spell duration with a soul gem of adequate quality for the mob's level to trap its soul"

Motorbike
    MT09
    Liked
    317 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We would be as fucked as we are today...humans are the dumbest animals walking, except me....dogs are better
    Smoke me a kipper...I'll be home in time for breakfast

Motorbike
    98 TITANIUM CBR1100XX SUPERBLACKBIRD
    Liked
    1150 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BusaSteve View Post
    We would be as fucked as we are today...humans are the dumbest animals walking, except me....dogs are better
    So you're saying dogs are smarter than you?

I still reckon they'd be strugging to survive long enough to make much difference! They wouldn't be able to communicate with anyone, even if they could their numerical system wouldn't be known by anyone of the time so trying to explain that would be almost impossible evn if you could communicate in a basic way

That is assuming the engineers aren't also qualified in ancient languages & writing/archeology etc etc
    #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Phildo View Post
    Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
    Quote Originally Posted by filbert View Post
    i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
    Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Motorbike
    RZ250
    Liked
    2138 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Find some lodestone, get smiths to make copper windings, use some dielectric materials - build a generator and create electricity. Crude batteries soon after. Creating a light-bulb might be beyond the tools of the time, but simple induction for heating etc would be do-able.

Schoolkid stuff, you don't need engineers at all, just the concepts and a basic understanding of the discoveries of history. The mistake is thinking people back then were all stupid - I would hazard a guess that there are more stupid people today as a percentage of population than back then.

Once you nailed your "god" status you could then educate the people about all the mistakes made in history and how to learn from that and not repeat.... oh, yeah, that never works :/

Motorbike
    MT09
    Liked
    317 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yus mah dawg is briter than me.

Wonder if they would appear with Fred and Wilmer?
    Smoke me a kipper...I'll be home in time for breakfast

Motorbike
    Ducati 899 Panigale, Honda CBR250RR
    Liked
    130 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skut View Post
    Find some lodestone, get smiths to make copper windings, use some dielectric materials - build a generator and create electricity. Crude batteries soon after. Creating a light-bulb might be beyond the tools of the time, but simple induction for heating etc would be do-able.

Schoolkid stuff, you don't need engineers at all, just the concepts and a basic understanding of the discoveries of history. The mistake is thinking people back then were all stupid - I would hazard a guess that there are more stupid people today as a percentage of population than back then.

Once you nailed your "god" status you could then educate the people about all the mistakes made in history and how to learn from that and not repeat.... oh, yeah, that never works :/
    Just out of interest, what are you intending on using as insulation on these copper windings you are making (to insulate the winds from each other)? Also, magnets might be a challenge to find, depending on where you end up.
    Quote Originally Posted by mekon
    Why are pirates called pirates?
    Because they Arrrrrr

Motorbike
    KTM Duke 200
    Liked
    56 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Explain any simple mechanisation and apply what you can in 30 days.
    Discuss basic anatomical layouts with the royal physician. Take that person through an autopsy and detail organs and relationships.... remind them you’re not of medical background. Make sure the king is there as an observer.
    Apply basic 1st aid principles to injured parties and teach DRABC to mums teachers soldiers and travellers.
    Explain bacteria and simple precautions. Perhaps apply local agents to cuts and abrasions (plant based).
    The list is almost infinite.... talk alloys to the foundry workers...one day would suffice really.

Oh... I’d enjoy the local beer also.

S.
    Never met an engineer that has a snowflakes chance in hell of explaining anything to do with biology and anatomy. Wishful thinking..
    Rest in Peace

Quote Originally Posted by GreenMeanie View Post
    A note for CM's. Don't be fucking girls. You can pass anything. Just fuckin' "Nail It". Take ya panties off you faggots.

Motorbike
    Aprilia RS250, GSXR750 Slabbie
    Liked
    906 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryanoceros View Post
    Never met an engineer that has a snowflakes chance in hell of explaining anything to do with biology and anatomy. Wishful thinking..
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biological_engineering

Mining engineers aren't the only engineers
    Click Link for My Bikes:

Aprilia RS250
    1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"

Motorbike
    (TY-250- RD350LC- Gsx 750 esd) Current -Gsx 250 SSM GSX 1100 EFE
    Liked
    304 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeL View Post
    Just out of interest, what are you intending on using as insulation on these copper windings you are making (to insulate the winds from each other)? Also, magnets might be a challenge to find, depending on where you end up.
    I believe wood is fine as long as you dry it out.. cork was plentiful too,both good insulators.....maybe melt some gum tree sap. resin..

You know magnets occur naturally eh..? electricity mmmm citrus and electrodes??

--- geez do I have to go back?????? they all want to touch me. ;-(

build a hammock ...you could spin up a wheel and some wooden axles.... trouble is they would have to have a need to use 'em..invent a rope saw?? build a bridge...? make a mirror..... show the chicks how to plat their hair..?

combs....coloured sand for make up ocre etc..

what about some straight sticks with stone/flint tips.??? bows..? mmmm flint =spark=fire=light & warmth... cauterise wounds..sterilise utensils...form copper etc etc...melt sand make glass... set broken bones with a sand cast..

only 30 days...Show 'em the moon cycles.. ?

Mess 'em up bad- enough to last 10,000 years...the influence should be present when you return to your time.. paradoxically..
    " Imagination is the seed of life..."

Motorbike
    ZX10,CBR1000F
    Liked
    585 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    rubber is also a good insulator, easily made. cellulose also easy to synthesize, and subsequently polymerize