User Tag List

Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 20 of 51 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 MotoGP, Moto2, Moto3 discussion (spoilers)

Motorbike
    Doesn't matter, don't ride them anymore anyway.
    Liked
    517 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it was just knocking out Rossi then the penalty would be a bit much. But he was riding like a man possessed.

The Rossi fans are gonna be worse than ever after this and act like Rossi had the race and whole championship won if it wasn't for this =/

Not often you see a front group like that. Cracker of a race!

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Dealer View Post
    Marquez: Too much risk

"Of course, pole position is important but tomorrow is the race and this year I'm trying to avoid the risk, avoid crashing. I'm still taking risks, but if you crash in those conditions normally you get injured because you fly."

Who the heck is this guy?
    Told you not to worry about MARQUEZ saying he was avoiding risk
    Likes Speed Dealer, Talmacsi liked this post

Motorbike
    Liked
    1569 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prefectionist View Post
    Told you not to worry about MARQUEZ saying he was avoiding risk
    The day before the race I was on the crash.net page in the comments section defending Marquez after his near miss with Vinales in practice.

I posted on the article Argentina MotoGP: Marquez masters slippery Termas - Vinales miss, pitlane save

Before the comments come in about Marquez being a dangerous rider...remember he's never taken another rider out in MotoGP.
    Well...I was correct at the time
    Likes Prefectionist, redbeard liked this post

Motorbike
    Doesn't matter, don't ride them anymore anyway.
    Liked
    517 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "And fuck this one guy on that forum."
    -Marquez, probably.
    Likes Speed Dealer liked this post

Motorbike
    Trackwhore & SuperRetard
    Liked
    46 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeBloke View Post
    I haven't seen the race, so I can't comment on the passes (only from the little bits posted around the place) but not too long ago Rossi was the guy not respecting others. From what I gather, they were rough racing incidents/passes, the fact that one person was responsible for all 3 deserves 'penalty points' but those calling for a race ban etc are fools. IMO poorly executed and rough passes are much better than when Rossi deliberately kicked at/pushed MM off the track.

Rossi's boyfriend jumping to his defence was a little soft. Let the man speak for himself. MM was there to apologies to Rossi FFS.

The start was a whole shit-show not linked to just one person. Whilst I expect more from a professional rider, the pressure from the terrible job Dorna/FIM did on organising that start could have pushed many people to make errors in judgement.
    So you havenít seen the race but you have strong opinions on it? Yup, thatís whatís wrong with the world summed up in one useless post.
    EXPERIENCE: noun: Knowledge or skill derived from actual participation or direct contact rather than mere study, interest or internet.
    Likes Blazon liked this post

Liked
    2943 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The whole debacle is the fault of race direction.

Grid should have been held until Miller past pit exit if they were worried about the bottle neck like Sachsenring the other year and still comply with the rules, you all remember the rules eh?

Marc should have been black flagged after not going to the pits as everyone knows you do when you stall on the grid let alone riding the wrong way under starters orders. Rules again.

The Spanish mafia are stepping up.
    They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Motorbike
    cbr250rr
    Liked
    66 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chew View Post
    The whole debacle is the fault of race direction.

Grid should have been held until Miller past pit exit if they were worried about the bottle neck like Sachsenring the other year and still comply with the rules, you all remember the rules eh?

Marc should have been black flagged after not going to the pits as everyone knows you do when you stall on the grid let alone riding the wrong way under starters orders. Rules again.

The Spanish mafia are stepping up.
    He wasn't told to go to the pits by the official. It's been confirmed. The whole thing was a debacle though from start to finish.

Liked
    2943 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by p4p1 View Post
    He wasn't told to go to the pits by the official. It's been confirmed. The whole thing was a debacle though from start to finish.
    I never said he was told to by an official.

I have not seen or heard any confirmation from race direction that was the case but aside from all that he would know those are the rules.
    They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Motorbike
    2003 R6 Road bike; 2008 R6 Race bike
    Liked
    154 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticEnd View Post
    So you havenít seen the race but you have strong opinions on it? Yup, thatís whatís wrong with the world summed up in one useless post.
    I know it may be a stretch for you but did you know that the internet sometimes produces some cool video clips now and then, its almost like they take the most important bits and condense it into a snippet for people to watch. Journalists even write stories about the events that unfold sometimes for people to read. Crazy.
    "Life begins at the end of your comfort zone."

Motorbike
    cbr250rr
    Liked
    66 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chew View Post
    I never said he was told to by an official.

I have not seen or heard any confirmation from race direction that was the case but aside from all that he would know those are the rules.
    But we've also seen guys get the bike started on the grid and be allowed to line up as well and guys being told to go to pit lane. The issue for me is that there doesn't seem to be a lot of consistency from RD.

Motorbike
    Liked
    1569 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bloody hell Marquez WHY did it have to be Rossi you took out? You could have literally taken out any other rider on the grid (except Dovi) and everyone would have forgotten about it by Texas.

WHY DID IT HAVE TO BE ROSSI?

The booing on the podium had only just died down.

Now all these idiots will be claiming you cost Rossi the title!
    Likes Maloney67, DQ, Creme, SomeBloke liked this post

Motorbike
    Twins
    Liked
    491 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Dealer View Post
    WHY DID IT HAVE TO BE ROSSI?
    Rhino has it right. When that red mist descends nothing else matters. MM seems a pretty likeable bloke and we can all go a little psycho on occasion.

I woke up during the start WTF'iing and happy I did. Exciting race.
    Politics is the entertainment branch of industry.
    Likes Speed Dealer liked this post

Motorbike
    2007 RSV1000R Factory. 2012 ZX10RR Endurance Special.
    Liked
    3663 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The last time we saw someone riding this aggressively on a regular basis we ended the season with that rider no longer alive.
    Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"
    Likes redbeard liked this post

Liked
    973 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And that was a freak accident.

Marc rides on the edge, but has more control and talent than anyone else, so he can get away with it more often.

Sic (to whom I assume you are referring) did not. Regardless, his death had absolutely ZERO to do with his aggressive riding
    Likes Speed Dealer, Prefectionist, marras liked this post

Motorbike
    CB1300
    Liked
    128 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You want to talk about MM And VR? Cal says GTFO and stay out.
    Doug
    Likes wonky, Prefectionist, QUACKA liked this post

Liked
    973 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good on him for his comments.

Fuckin' rude.

Motorbike
    honda CBR1100xx norton commando 850
    Liked
    85 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't get to see moto2 these days but I see Remy gardener finished 6th putting him in p8 for the championship

Motorbike
    cbr250rr
    Liked
    66 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.motorsport.com/motogp/ne...stini-1024507/

Ago saying that Rossi is exaggerating, if he really feels unsafe then it's time for a job change and Marquez doesn't deserve any more penalties.
    Likes marras liked this post

Motorbike
    CBR 125 Fully Sick Edition, Z1000, XJR13 hunjy. The wife
    Liked
    1143 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For all the media hype and coverage, I wonder what effect MM has on Rossi's Mr Happy racing persona, when he realised that no 93 had a ride through penalty, came from 2 countries back, and was about to pass him like he was standing still?

Me thinks that this race was his race of true realisation that the King is dead.

...and if Uccio wasn't Rossi's urine pot, I doubt he could earn a living selling smelly cheese on a Donkey wagon, to passing truck drivers.
    Sventek, being a predominantly lazy fuck can you please purchase some for me, bring me the stuff, create something I want after you think of it for me then clean my house, wash my car, dog, bike breathe for me.
    Likes Prefectionist liked this post

Motorbike
    Few Yamahas and others
    Liked
    36 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Marquez surely knew that his bump start and ride-in-reverse direction would raise the ire of the officials. You don't get to this level of professional racing without knowing some basics like this. With all the delays and on-going Dorna embarrassment I think MM and the officials collectively looked at each other on the spur of the moment and said fuck it, get the show on the road. ie: we'll deal with it in the wash -> they knew full well there would be consequences. Faced with such a important sudden decision I think they made a reasonable call.

Marquez probably had an inkling that his pace would get him back in the points. However the racing move on EsA and others (especially given his track record over the weekend)... pretty regrettable. Marquez was happy to push, but everyone else had no feel or data/tuning time to reassure them to risk that sort of pace.

Regarding the front runners: the unusual mix of riders, eg Rins, Miller and Rabat to be so far up the order. The lack of dry time basically meant all teams ran something like a typical dry setup (or last year's settings) and NO-ONE knew if the tires would last in the resurfaced conditions (let alone choosing amongst the 4! slick options that Michelin brought). I wonder if some of these compounds were relatively new to the MotoGP riders.

Given the lack of dry time, the result was very likely going to be a roll of the dice. But what a race it was for the 4 at the front!
    Last edited by Creme; 11-04-2018 at 10:24 AM.
    - Mike

Liked
    2943 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ReCon View Post
    For all the media hype and coverage, I wonder what effect MM has on Rossi's Mr Happy racing persona, when he realised that no 93 had a ride through penalty, came from 2 countries back, and was about to pass him like he was standing still?

Me thinks that this race was his race of true realisation that the King is dead.

...and if Uccio wasn't Rossi's urine pot, I doubt he could earn a living selling smelly cheese on a Donkey wagon, to passing truck drivers.
    Wow, the hate is strong in this thread.

He probably felt a lot better than George who aside from MM's effort had the bloke on the second string duke leading most of the race?