User Tag List

Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425

Thread: 2018 MotoGP, Moto2, Moto3 discussion (spoilers)

Motorbike
    2011 Gixxer 600
    Liked
    2552 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently Simon Crafar isn't at this round due to "logistical issues" and so Amy Dargan is in the pits... I can't help but think that maybe Simon's copped a bit of shit and they're giving Amy a shot?

Did we ever find out where Dylan went/why he left?

Motorbike
    Doesn't matter, don't ride them anymore anyway.
    Liked
    517 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    Apparently Simon Crafar isn't at this round due to "logistical issues" and so Amy Dargan is in the pits... I can't help but think that maybe Simon's copped a bit of shit and they're giving Amy a shot?

Did we ever find out where Dylan went/why he left?
    I found this online:
    "It is not only the older journalists who are leaving MotoGP. MotoGP.com's pit lane reporter Dylan Gray is also leaving Dorna. For Gray, however, it is not the schedule but his personal life which is the reason for the change. Gray will be moving to the US, to pursue new opportunities there.

Dylan Gray's departure is a huge loss to the MotoGP.com feed. Gray was intelligent, perceptive, and eloquent. He could explain complex issues in simple-to-understand terms, in part because his technical background meant he was one of the few journalists who actually understood what was going on, and what the various changes to bikes actually meant. The journalists in the media center listened closely to the official MotoGP.com feed, greedily stealing any tidbits Dylan found as he roved up and down pit lane, and passing them off as their own.

Dylan Gray will be greatly missed, and he leaves big shoes to fill. Fortunately for Dorna, former 500cc race winner Simon Crafar will be stepping into them. Crafar is intelligent and thoughtful, and as Motovudu (link is external), his outstanding books and website on riding demonstrate, capable of breaking down complex ideas into simple components, and explaining them."
    Likes Kristy liked this post

Motorbike
    Princess Buttercup & hanging off historic sidecar #9
    Liked
    4010 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They just need to get rid of the muppet calling him Joanne Zarco. Makes me cringe every time. I'm pretty sure it should be Yo-han.
    For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
    For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Motorbike
    2011 Gixxer 600
    Liked
    2552 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Barfridge View Post
    They just need to get rid of the muppet calling him Joanne Zarco. Makes me cringe every time. I'm pretty sure it should be Yo-han.
    Apparently it was Johann himself who told them it was Jo-han. The commentators now say it (previously they said Yo-han) but at the press conference all the riders were saying Yo-han... Yo-han is how we pronounce it here but I guess it doesn't mean that's how Frenchies do. It's like Andrea with different pronounciations - female form here, male form in Italy.

Motorbike
    KTM 390 Duke | KTM 250 EXC-F
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Barfridge View Post
    Like Jorge is pronounced Horhey and Crutchlow is pronounced Crashlow.
    Likes Prefectionist liked this post