User Tag List

Page 31 of 85 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 MotoGP, Moto2, Moto3 discussion (spoilers)

Liked
    2943 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Breaking news this a.m. on FB;

Race direction find cause of 3 bike crash in Jerez.

After a thorough investigation it has come to light that Pedrosa inadvertently rode Marc Marquez’ bike - which had the wrong number decals stuck on it.

Dani said “I couldn’t control it, it just kept aiming for other riders, all race long. I did my best but in the end the bike got its way, its fucking mental.”

Japanese HRC sticker putter onner Fo Kitup commented “I am so sorry for make Jorge and Dovi fall off. I put on 26 instead of 93 and tiny Spanish child make a big a crash into fast as fuck red bikes.”

Marquez, who was riding the unfamiliar bike of his team mate, uncharacteristically didn’t make contact with any other riders during the race. He is thought to be extremely upset.

Yours in sport
    They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits
    Likes Triple, nos, Geeman, shaynus, CbrRider81 and 7 others liked this post

Motorbike
    MT09
    Liked
    1569 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^^^^ Love it!

I disagree with Dovi's assessment of the crash though. If you go wide on a corner, you can't just expect the rider behind to make way for you and let you back where you were. If you're off the racing line, its up to you to make sure it's clear before getting back on it.

What if there was several riders where Dani was?

Andrea Dovizioso said both Dani Pedrosa and Jorge Lorenzo were to blame - with the former being the main culprit - for the crash that led to all three of them retiring from MotoGP's Spanish Grand Prix.

"I think the biggest mistake comes from Dani, because he was behind us," said Dovizioso.

"He entered a bit faster than his normal way. If you enter faster than normal and somebody is in front of you, because we were in front of Dani, we decide the line.

"But Dani is behind, and he is able to manage the situation and he just cut inside, faster than every lap.

"And created a crash. For sure he did a mistake."

Motorbike
    The lil tractor that could.
    Liked
    631 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like Pedro held (or would have held) a decent line through that corner.
    In sterquiliniis invenitur.
    Likes Speed Dealer liked this post

Motorbike
    Trackwhore & SuperRetard
    Liked
    46 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't see how anyone can view that as Dani's fault. He was on the racing line, held his line and was hit by Lorenzo. As others have said, if you run massively offline you can't expect to just rejoin anywhere you want. If you're moving at 7/10ths you can't just cut across the racing line. Dovi made a desperate lunge that sparked the whole event.

It's an unfortunate outcome but it's a racing incident and nobody in particular is to blame but Dani is in no way at fault. Like many times during his career, he got fucked over by bad luck.
    EXPERIENCE: noun: Knowledge or skill derived from actual participation or direct contact rather than mere study, interest or internet.
    Likes Speed Dealer, shaynus, QUACKA liked this post

Motorbike
    2011 Gixxer 600
    Liked
    2552 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If there's a gap, you take it - if you don't why are you out there? Thus I don't agree it was Dani's fault. Jorge's cut back was also very sudden and Dani just happened to be in prime position for contact - if it was a second earlier or later it would have been a non-event.

I dont think it's Dovi's fault - moves like that are undertaken every race, most without consequence. Just because there was a consequence doesn't make it Dovi's fault.
    As for Jorge, yes that was a very sharp cut back to the apex but he couldn't see Dani, and I don't think Dani had any chance of avoiding it.

I don't feel there's one person to be singled out but if there was, I'd lay the blame at Jorge as his cut back was very sharp and quick but Jorge was just doing what racers do - run wide, cut to the apex to defend the line/get the best line and Dani just so happened to be there... again.

Racing incidents are just that - blame doesn't have to be squarely pointed at anyone.
    Likes shaynus liked this post

Motorbike
    cbr250rr
    Liked
    66 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    If there's a gap, you take it - if you don't why are you out there? Thus I don't agree it was Dani's fault. Jorge's cut back was also very sudden and Dani just happened to be in prime position for contact - if it was a second earlier or later it would have been a non-event.

I dont think it's Dovi's fault - moves like that are undertaken every race, most without consequence. Just because there was a consequence doesn't make it Dovi's fault.
    As for Jorge, yes that was a very sharp cut back to the apex but he couldn't see Dani, and I don't think Dani had any chance of avoiding it.

I don't feel there's one person to be singled out but if there was, I'd lay the blame at Jorge as his cut back was very sharp and quick but Jorge was just doing what racers do - run wide, cut to the apex to defend the line/get the best line and Dani just so happened to be there... again.

Racing incidents are just that - blame doesn't have to be squarely pointed at anyone.
    It was Dovi's fault because he made an over ambitious move that didn't stick and caused the chain of events that followed. It doesn't mean it wasn't a racing incident because it was and nobody should be punished for it.

Funny that he is up on his high horse blaming Pedrosa though, the only guy who never went off line and stayed on the racing line.

Motorbike
    VFR800+Tenere660+Postie Bike
    Liked
    72 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dovi had a bad, bad day, his slim points lead evaporated, he's now nearly a full race behind in 5th place overall. That Honda is a much improved version of last years bike and Marquez is oozing confidence, a title can be seen slipping away, even this early in the season.

Just a little frustration for him coming to the surface there......

Motorbike
    cbr250rr
    Liked
    66 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Davidf View Post
    Dovi had a bad, bad day, his slim points lead evaporated, he's now nearly a full race behind in 5th place overall. That Honda is a much improved version of last years bike and Marquez is oozing confidence, a title can be seen slipping away, even this early in the season.

Just a little frustration for him coming to the surface there......
    As the old saying goes, you can't win a title in 1 race but you can lose it. I think that could be true right here.

Crazy to think Marquez would be 50ish points ahead of not for an unfair penalty in Argentina.

Motorbike
    Liked
    72 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And I'm STILL waiting to see Marquez and Vinales go at each other!

Really hope Yamaha can turn it around, that bike must be doing their heads in right now, 2 riders, 2 crew chiefs, electronic boffins, Michelin and Yamaha all pulling in different directions it seems.

Motorbike
    honda CBR1100xx norton commando 850
    Liked
    85 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by p4p1 View Post

Crazy to think Marquez would be 50ish points ahead of not for an unfair penalty in Argentina.
    Enough already please, that's bullshit

Motorbike
    cbr250rr
    Liked
    66 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wonky View Post
    Enough already please, that's bullshit
    No it's not let's take a look at a few similar incidents.
    Rossi left the door open by talking a wide line. Confirmed by Marquez's on board footage, Marquez goes for the gap. Rossi tried to close the door, Marquez was already on the apex on the inside and slightly in front. Both run wide after Rossi turns into Marquez, Rossi tries to turn on the grass crashing = 30 second time penalty.

Zarco does the same to Pedrosa causing Pedrosa to pick up his bike, crash and injure himself = no penalty, racing incident.
    Miller does the same to Lorenzo causing Lorenzo to pick up his bike or crash = no penalty, racing incident.
    Rossi does the same to Lorenzo in Misano causing Lorenzo to pick up his bike or crash = no penalty, racing incident and Lorenzo called a sook for complaining.
    Pedrosa goes for a gap after Dovi and Lorenzo run wide Lorenzo picks up his bike too late causing all of them to crash = no penalty, racing incident.
    Rossi purposely runs Marquez off the track causing him to crash = 3 penalty points.
    Canet purposely crashes into another rider during practise = no penalty

Zarco gets up the inside of Rossi in COTA, he is in front and on the apex. Rossi decides not to try to make the corner and runs on leaving a large gap between himself and Zarco = 0.3 second time correction. Rationale is that Rossi slowing down to drop a spot is dangerous.
    Marquez hits Aleix Espagaro = drop a place, obviously dropping a place is no longer dangerous.
    Petrucci consistently hits other rider = no penalty, ever.

Rossi baulks Vinales during a fast lap COTA 2017 = no penalty
    Marquez does the same = 3 place grid penalty.

So when you sit there and say it's bullshit, you're wrong. What's bullshit is the consistent inconsistency with RD when handing out penalties. What happened between Rossi and Marquez in Argentina was no worse than what Rossi did at Jerez to Gibernau or to Stoner at Jerez or Laguna both of whom were vilified by Rossi and the media for complaining far less outlandishly than Rossi after Argentina.
    Likes Prefectionist liked this post

Motorbike
    Honda Vfr 1200
    Liked
    68 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I am glad that it didn't end up like it happened a few years ago in Sepang with the death of a rider.
    Tp.
    Likes Prefectionist liked this post

Motorbike
    honda CBR1100xx norton commando 850
    Liked
    85 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tldr. Argentina was a month ago we have other things to whinge about now.

Motorbike
    Liked
    72 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Long winded, but a slightly more rational take on the "incident" I think I'm siding a little more with Dani now, especially after he asked for a pls explain from Race Control.

https://motomatters.com/analysis/201...und_up_of.html

Motorbike
    98 TITANIUM CBR1100XX SUPERBLACKBIRD
    Liked
    1150 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Dealer View Post
    "He entered a bit faster than his normal way. If you enter faster than normal and somebody is in front of you, because we were in front of Dani, we decide the line.

"But Dani is behind, and he is able to manage the situation and he just cut inside, faster than every lap.

"And created a crash. For sure he did a mistake."
    What sort of drugs is this cunt on? So because he was able to keep a nice tight line and another rider crashed into him when he had nowhere to go except onto the infield makes it his fault
    #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Phildo View Post
    Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
    Quote Originally Posted by filbert View Post
    i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
    Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Motorbike
    cbr250rr
    Liked
    66 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wonky View Post
    Tldr. Argentina was a month ago we have other things to whinge about now.
    Then don't say my opinions bullshit if you can't be fucked reading why I have an opinion then.

Motorbike
    Bikeless
    Liked
    20 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i agree lost a bit respect for Dovi after i read and saw his post race interview and comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Para045 View Post
    What sort of drugs is this cunt on? So because he was able to keep a nice tight line and another rider crashed into him when he had nowhere to go except onto the infield makes it his fault

Motorbike
    MT09
    Liked
    1569 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Donald Trump watched the race he’d be tweeting about ‘Delusional Dovi’.

Motorbike
    Twins
    Liked
    491 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No it's not let's take a look at a few similar incidents. [...]
    All your examples are for single incidents in each race.

Didn't marquez stall on the line and ride back incurring a penalty then crash into some other bloke incurring another penalty before wiping Rossi out?

Looking at the Rossi incident in isolation would have been totally negligent by race direction.
    We have a gene for gossip.
    We have a gene for superstition.
    We have a gene for jumping to conclusions and making fools of ourselves
    but we have no gene for science.
    Michio Kaka on "Buttpower"
    Likes Known liked this post

Motorbike
    Trackwhore & SuperRetard
    Liked
    46 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No it's not let's take a look at a few similar incidents.
    Rossi left the door open by talking a wide line. Confirmed by Marquez's on board footage, Marquez goes for the gap. Rossi tried to close the door, Marquez was already on the apex on the inside and slightly in front. Both run wide after Rossi turns into Marquez, Rossi tries to turn on the grass crashing = 30 second time penalty.
    Are you fucking delusional? There is no way in hell Marquez was going to get around that corner on the racing line without using Rossi as a berm. He hit him and the penalty was nothing if not light. There wasn't a gap. He rode into the side of another rider as a means of getting around the corner. It's not on and it's as simple as that.
    EXPERIENCE: noun: Knowledge or skill derived from actual participation or direct contact rather than mere study, interest or internet.