User Tag List

Page 32 of 85 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 MotoGP, Moto2, Moto3 discussion (spoilers)

Motorbike
    Bikeless
    Liked
    20 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well the recent test at Jerez, Maverick quoted saying "We have not solved anything" from the test. Pedrosa who said was in a bit of pain from the incident on the weekend was pleased with some new parts from Honda, things really not looking great for the factory Yamaha's at the moment.

Motorbike
    ZX10R, DRZ400SM, Speedmaster 865, YZ250
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it was pretty darn embarrassing, if i was Mr yamaha, the team manger would have got a sword in the mail saying he should kill him self and how much shame he has put on his family & given him the marching orders.

no way in any universe should a factory team be beaten by the janitor haha
    "Fuck Network 10, I hope the entire board of directors die in a house fire. "

Motorbike
    Trackwhore & SuperRetard
    Liked
    46 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by QUACKA View Post
    Well the recent test at Jerez, Maverick quoted saying "We have not solved anything" from the test. Pedrosa who said was in a bit of pain from the incident on the weekend was pleased with some new parts from Honda, things really not looking great for the factory Yamaha's at the moment.
    Thanks. Motogp.com doesn't seem to have the time to write actual words anymore. They make everything a video and i'm not forking out for a videopass to watch press conferences. Not that it's bad value, it's just that I shell out for Foxtel still like a baby boomer so it's one or the other. I don't even have a smartTV. Fuck I'm old.
    EXPERIENCE: noun: Knowledge or skill derived from actual participation or direct contact rather than mere study, interest or internet.
    Likes Prefectionist, saltbush liked this post

Motorbike
    Bikeless
    Liked
    20 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i know i grabbed those quotes from there video pass links, i feel the same I'm not forking out for the videopass, you tube still comes in handy when its not dragged off for copyright from motogp.com.

Motorbike
    cbr250rr
    Liked
    66 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticEnd View Post
    Are you fucking delusional? There is no way in hell Marquez was going to get around that corner on the racing line without using Rossi as a berm. He hit him and the penalty was nothing if not light. There wasn't a gap. He rode into the side of another rider as a means of getting around the corner. It's not on and it's as simple as that.

*not my picture*
    clear gap there that Marquez at a second a lap faster was entitled to take, notice he is in front at the time of the contact?. Marquez was always going to make the corner and only ran wide because the contact unsettled his bike. Using someone as a beam is what Rossi did to Gibernau or Marquez did to Lorenzo at Jerez, both without any penalty and neither were going to make the corner without using someone else as a beam.

Motorbike
    cbr250rr
    Liked
    66 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AZAZL View Post
    All your examples are for single incidents in each race.

Didn't marquez stall on the line and ride back incurring a penalty then crash into some other bloke incurring another penalty before wiping Rossi out?

Looking at the Rossi incident in isolation would have been totally negligent by race direction.
    The start is completely irrelevant, bringing up a stall on the grid when discussing 'incidents' from that race is ridiculous and clutching at straws. Race direction didn't follow their own start procedure and punished Marquez for it.

Marc was fairly punished for hitting Aleix. The penalty was fair though others did worse in that race without being punished. However I did mention when Rossi should've got a position penalty it was time corrected with the rationale that Rossi slowing down to allow Zarco to pass would be dangerous. If that is their stance on dropping a position then it must be consistent and no longer a penalty that can be applied.

Rossi took a wide line and left the door open. When he went to cut back to the apex Marquez was already there. Rossi didn't attempt to pick his bike up instead continued turning into Marquez because he either didn't see him or hear him or because his ego has him believing that he shouldn't have to pick up his bike for other riders. That they touched is a racing incident and nothing more. The move was the same as Rossi has done to others, Zarco has done to others and Miller did to Lorenzo in COTA without any review or punishment. If you have a problem with Marquez's move on Rossi in Argentina then you must have a problem when other riders make the exact same move. That kind of overtake is either punishable or not and given its nobody has ever been punished from an overtake like that its clear that the overtake was fine in race directions opinion but because Rossi was on the receiving end of a relatively standard pass a penalty was applied.

That he may have been too aggressive in Argentina doesn't change the fact that what happened with Rossi was a racing incident and nothing more. But because it was Rossi it lead to an entire overhaul of the penalty system, which once again has not been consistent.

Motorbike
    Twins
    Liked
    491 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We'll have to disagree. The start is irrelevant to later incidents: Just racing. Or, The start set the stage for Marquez recklessly pulling out all stops to get ahead.

Clearly though, the incident on Sunday was no one's fault but a combination of errors that timing combined to cause catastrophe.

If that didn't happen the race would have been pretty boring. Marquez is killing it.
    We have a gene for gossip.
    We have a gene for superstition.
    We have a gene for jumping to conclusions and making fools of ourselves
    but we have no gene for science.
    Michio Kaka on "Buttpower"

Motorbike
    honda CBR1100xx norton commando 850
    Liked
    85 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Likes Known, Tim the PM, pnork liked this post

Motorbike
    2011 Gixxer 600
    Liked
    2552 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holy shitballs! Not that Marc did a Bradbury, but still funny

Motorbike
    cbr250rr
    Liked
    66 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wonky View Post
    If you could could read and understand properly you would know that my issue is that RD is totally inconsistent when handing out penalties and that if it was arider other than Rossi he came together with the penalty probably wouldn't have been as severe.

Motorbike
    Trackwhore & SuperRetard
    Liked
    46 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by p4p1 View Post

*not my picture*
    clear gap there that Marquez at a second a lap faster was entitled to take, notice he is in front at the time of the contact?. Marquez was always going to make the corner and only ran wide because the contact unsettled his bike. Using someone as a beam is what Rossi did to Gibernau or Marquez did to Lorenzo at Jerez, both without any penalty and neither were going to make the corner without using someone else as a beam.
    You are 100% incorrect. You can dribble shit all day but you are wrong. Iíve watched it many times in slow motion. He was never going to make it. Anyone whay says different doesnít understand racing or physics and is badly disconnected with reality. Being a fan of a rider is one thing, allowing it to cloud your judgement and make a knob out of yourself is another. The fact that you think Iím excusing all of Rossis past indiscretions by saying that Marc was wrong in this case is everything that is wrong with the internet. Itís not one or the other.
    EXPERIENCE: noun: Knowledge or skill derived from actual participation or direct contact rather than mere study, interest or internet.
    Likes Tim the PM, redbeard liked this post

Motorbike
    cbr250rr
    Liked
    66 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bullshit, there is no proof that Marquez wasn't going to make the corner and you're the only person I've seen that believes that. Not even Rossi bought that up in his epic whine. The media which was quick to vilify Marquez after the incident hasn't said that, not have any past riders. Your assumption seems to be based on the closing speed while conviently forgetting that Marquez was at around second faster per lap than Rossi. I have never said that you forgave or overlooked Rossi's past indiscretions, what I am saying is that race direction is consistently inconsistent and we've seen these moves time and time again without any punishments and Lorenzo was vilified by Rossi and the media for complaining about similar moves. Which is exactly what the riders have been complaining about is that RD aren't consistent and don't have the same rules for all riders.

Edit to add: I actually don't have a problem with Marquez being punished for riding like a dick, the incident in PI 2011 being one of the worse I've seen. However Marquez has hit riders other than Rossi harder and not been punished and other riders have made an almost carbon copy move ie Zarco on Pedrosa which caused a far worse crash and injury without any penalty or punishment. But whenever Rossi is involved rules are bent or changed to please his fan club.
    Last edited by p4p1; 08-05-2018 at 08:49 PM.
    Likes SomeBloke liked this post

Motorbike
    Liked
    85 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't take anything I say here too seriously mate, I'm just having a laugh on a slow work week.

Motorbike
    cbr250rr
    Liked
    66 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wonky View Post
    Don't take anything I say here too seriously mate, I'm just having a laugh on a slow work week.
    I'm looking for any reason to not uni work TBH.

Change of subject. Has there ever been a rider who's been as consistently unlucky as Pedrosa? It seems like if he is ever involved in any incident he, through no fault of his own find himself on the floor.

Motorbike
    MT09
    Liked
    1569 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm looking for any reason to not uni work TBH.

Change of subject. Has there ever been a rider who's been as consistently unlucky as Pedrosa? It seems like if he is ever involved in any incident he, through no fault of his own find himself on the floor.
    Wilson, the host of the Motoweek podcast counted 14 races Pedrosa has missed due to injury in the last decade.

p4p1, I reckon you'd like the podcast, once you get past Wilson's American accent. He does a pre-race show, a post-race show the day after the race then a wrap up show which goes in depth.

The pre-race show always includes Facebook comments posted on the Motoweek Facebook page, and I've had mine read out several times.

Here's the latest episode, the full Jerez wrap up.

http://motoweek.net/index.php/2018/0...ost-race-show/
    Likes SomeBloke, p4p1 liked this post

Motorbike
    cbr250rr
    Liked
    66 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Dealer View Post
    Wilson, the host of the Motoweek podcast counted 14 races Pedrosa has missed due to injury in the last decade.

p4p1, I reckon you'd like the podcast, once you get past Wilson's American accent. He does a pre-race show, a post-race show the day after the race then a wrap up show which goes in depth.

The pre-race show always includes Facebook comments posted on the Motoweek Facebook page, and I've had mine read out several times.

Here's the latest episode, the full Jerez wrap up.

http://motoweek.net/index.php/2018/0...ost-race-show/
    thanks man I'll check it out.
    Likes Speed Dealer liked this post

Motorbike
    MT09
    Liked
    1569 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Listening to a different motogp podcast to the one above, with a French Motogp journalist and heís claiming the tech3 bikes have 500 less revs to use than the factory team. And weíre limited by 1000 less revs in 2017. Will provide more info when Iím home from night shift. Claiming itís Rossiís influence to limit the satellite team.

Motorbike
    cbr250rr
    Liked
    66 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Dealer View Post
    Listening to a different motogp podcast to the one above, with a French Motogp journalist and heís claiming the tech3 bikes have 500 less revs to use than the factory team. And weíre limited by 1000 less revs in 2017. Will provide more info when Iím home from night shift. Claiming itís Rossiís influence to limit the satellite team.
    I thought it was pretty well known that tech3 have 500rpms less than the factory team.
    Likes Speed Dealer liked this post

Motorbike
    MT09
    Liked
    1569 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought it was pretty well known that tech3 have 500rpms less than the factory team.
    It was more that it was Rossiís influence to try and keep them down.

Motorbike
    Liked
    85 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why?