User Tag List

Page 33 of 80 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 MotoGP, Moto2, Moto3 discussion (spoilers)

Motorbike
    MT09
    Liked
    1569 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was 1000rpm less in 2017.

Motorbike
    2011 Gixxer 600
    Liked
    2552 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Motorbike
    honda CBR1100xx norton commando 850
    Liked
    85 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dovi is being a bit of a knob really. If he is complaining that the guy in front is not fast enough or holding him up then it's his job to qualify better on Saturday. If a rider can get a good start its his privilege to be there and the rider behinds responsibility to make the pass. If he can't do that then stiff shit, you don't deserve the position.
    Last edited by wonky; 10-05-2018 at 10:02 AM. Reason: Spelling
    Likes Kristy, QUACKA, p4p1, Prefectionist, Creme liked this post

Motorbike
    honda CBR1100xx norton commando 850
    Liked
    85 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And while I'm on my soapbox Cal can suck it too. The race is to see who is faster over 25 laps not 6. Shut up and finish a race then tell us how good your pace is.
    Likes Kristy, Speed Dealer, p4p1, Barfridge liked this post

Motorbike
    MT09
    Liked
    1569 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The full Motoweek Jerez wrap up podcast just went up. This is more in depth than the Jerez post race show I linked a couple days ago.

http://motoweek.net/index.php/2018/0...z-motogp-wrap/
    Likes p4p1, SomeBloke liked this post

Liked
    2943 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticEnd View Post
    Are you fucking delusional? There is no way in hell Marquez was going to get around that corner on the racing line without using Rossi as a berm. He hit him and the penalty was nothing if not light. There wasn't a gap. He rode into the side of another rider as a means of getting around the corner. It's not on and it's as simple as that.
    Quote Originally Posted by p4p1 View Post

*not my picture*
    clear gap there that Marquez at a second a lap faster was entitled to take, notice he is in front at the time of the contact?. Marquez was always going to make the corner and only ran wide because the contact unsettled his bike. Using someone as a beam is what Rossi did to Gibernau or Marquez did to Lorenzo at Jerez, both without any penalty and neither were going to make the corner without using someone else as a beam.
    Marquez clearly in front at point of impact? I think not.

Quote Originally Posted by p4p1 View Post
    The start is completely irrelevant, bringing up a stall on the grid when discussing 'incidents' from that race is ridiculous and clutching at straws. Race direction didn't follow their own start procedure and punished Marquez for it.
    The stall was not why he copped the ride through, it was for riding backwards on a racetrack under starters orders. He should have been black flagged for that.
    They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Motorbike
    MT09
    Liked
    1569 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chew View Post
    The stall was not why he copped the ride through, it was for riding backwards on a racetrack under starters orders. He should have been black flagged for that.
    I wish he had been black flagged for that. He finished the race with zero points anyway and it would have saved a heck load of controversy.

The only saving grace this season is how terrible Yamaha is. So at least the Rossi fans can't accuse Marquez of costing him a championship like they attempted to in 2015.

Motorbike
    2003 R6 Road bike; 2008 R6 Race bike
    Liked
    154 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where does it say that riding backwards on the grid is a black flag?
    What is the prescribed penalty? (not peoples opinion of the penalty)
    "Life begins at the end of your comfort zone."

Liked
    2943 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeBloke View Post
    Where does it say that riding backwards on the grid is a black flag?
    What is the prescribed penalty? (not peoples opinion of the penalty)
    Where does it say it is a ride through?

As I read it the penalty is that prescribed by the stewards.

I believe he should have been black flagged.
    They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Motorbike
    MT09
    Liked
    1569 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Herve Ponchoral said despite media reports, with KTM saying they'd like to continue working with Smith and Smith saying there was still two bikes available at KTM, Tech3 isn't interested in signing Bradley Smith. Herve said he signed to KTM with the understanding Tech3 is a junior development squad designed for new riders. He said it would be like Daniel Ricciardo being dropped from Red Bull and going back to Toro Rosso. It wouldn't happen (which isn't entirely true as Daniil Kvyat returned to Toro Rosso from Red Bull).

Motorbike
    Big bang boom and a sewing machine
    Liked
    2533 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what happend to marques
    Anyone know
    REPENT MOTHER FUCKER
    (anarchy in english )

Motorbike
    2011 Gixxer 600
    Liked
    2552 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    what happend to marques
    Anyone know
    Nothing really came to light from what I've seen - there was a vid showing something revealing but got taken down I believe. Some were musing broken collarbone but most were thinking dislocation.

In a FB post heaps of lowlifes were pleased he'd potentially hurt himself and wishing worse than a collarbone. I get seriously disappointed in people wishing harm on others.

Nvm, he'll still be at the next round 😃

Motorbike
    MT09
    Liked
    1569 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The way he was walking, looks exactly the same as when he's dislocated his shoulder in the past.

He posted a video on instagram with the caption 'Mugello test done!! Happy ' so I'd assume he's ok.

Likes shan liked this post

Motorbike
    Liked
    154 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    chew
    My view of the incident is that was not black flag worthy. A black flag (for riding backwards) would not have changed anything at all. A flag for riding 'dangerously' yeah maybe, but that is a whole new debate.
    1) Black flagging prevents an issue from worsening i.e. damaged, cheating or dangerous (not hard) riding. I don't think it should be used when the broken rule has stopped giving advantage or the danger has passed. A black flag isn't predominantly a punishment, it stops the problem first and foremost but also ends their race. A ride-through or time penalties are punishments for rule breaches.
    2) Its clear from all the different video and reports since then that the marshall's instructions were not clear. At the very least not clear enough to justify ending a riders race for relatively minor infraction (track wasn't yet under lights/starters control).
    3) Not riding backwards on the grid is obvious outside the helmet, but put one on, induce some panic and rush and I'm sure anyone else would panic and forget some rules. In the moment he probably though "shit I'm holding people up, I better get back to my start spot, walking is slow, I know I'll ride it back..."

A ride through or time penalty,IMO is 100% justified. The 'riding backwards' bit didn't cheat or offer unfair advantage after the fact. Riders are/were allowed to attempt to restart their bikes. Riding backwards aided everyone in that they got to start sooner(ignoring the danger). IMO Rossi 100% should have been black flagged for running MM off the track, that is poor sportsmanship and dangerous riding (causing a crash) but he didn't, in my books what Rossi did was orders of magnitude worse than what MM did on the grid.

Likes Creme liked this post

Liked
    2943 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeBloke View Post
    chew
    My view of the incident is that was not black flag worthy. A black flag (for riding backwards) would not have changed anything at all. A flag for riding 'dangerously' yeah maybe, but that is a whole new debate.
    1) Black flagging prevents an issue from worsening i.e. damaged, cheating or dangerous (not hard) riding. I don't think it should be used when the broken rule has stopped giving advantage or the danger has passed. A black flag isn't predominantly a punishment, it stops the problem first and foremost but also ends their race. A ride-through or time penalties are punishments for rule breaches.
    2) Its clear from all the different video and reports since then that the marshall's instructions were not clear. At the very least not clear enough to justify ending a riders race for relatively minor infraction (track wasn't yet under lights/starters control).
    3) Not riding backwards on the grid is obvious outside the helmet, but put one on, induce some panic and rush and I'm sure anyone else would panic and forget some rules. In the moment he probably though "shit I'm holding people up, I better get back to my start spot, walking is slow, I know I'll ride it back..."

A ride through or time penalty,IMO is 100% justified. The 'riding backwards' bit didn't cheat or offer unfair advantage after the fact. Riders are/were allowed to attempt to restart their bikes. Riding backwards aided everyone in that they got to start sooner(ignoring the danger). IMO Rossi 100% should have been black flagged for running MM off the track, that is poor sportsmanship and dangerous riding (causing a crash) but he didn't, in my books what Rossi did was orders of magnitude worse than what MM did on the grid.
    Your opinion is noted, like mine.
    How many penalties should you be allowed to accumulate in one race before a disqual? The lad seems to think the rules do not apply to him.

I assume you are talking about Sepang 2015 with Rossi?
    I agree 100% with your assessment of that incident.
    Likes Creme liked this post

Motorbike
    Liked
    154 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think there should be an upper limit but rather a considerable (but fitting) penalty for each infringement. Whilst a 5 second penalty will just urge them to push harder, a ride through will ultimately wake them up (by dropping them our of points or further down field if they aren't a front-runner.

You could easily rack up multiple penalties without being deserving of a black flag. I.e. tough pass but no crash, track limits, speeding in pitlane. Different story if they are just multiple dodgy passes but in the end, that is why they have a team to determine the penalties given all the evidence available.

yep was the 15' Rossi incident.

Liked
    2943 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lets run through it then.

1) Stall on the grid, push start your bike contrary to the rules.
    2) Not so well known, riding backwards on the track, contrary to the rules.
    3) Reckless riding hitting another rider.
    4) Reckless riding causing a crash.

We'll penalise you for three of them and well you knocked the second rider off in a near carbon copy of the previous clash but we will leave you out there.

I say reckless as you waved an apology to both riders so you know you fucked up.

Motorbike
    MT09
    Liked
    1569 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chew View Post
    Lets run through it then.

1) Stall on the grid, push start your bike contrary to the rules.
    2) Not so well known, riding backwards on the track, contrary to the rules.
    3) Reckless riding hitting another rider.
    4) Reckless riding causing a crash.

We'll penalise you for three of them and well you knocked the second rider off in a near carbon copy of the previous clash but we will leave you out there.

I say reckless as you waved an apology to both riders so you know you fucked up.
    He didn’t actually knock Rossi off. Rossi was in control of the bike for another 4 seconds after Marquez made contact. He only fell because he tried to turn on the grass. Whilst I maintain it was unacceptable from Marquez, he didn’t skittle him. However Marquez was at fault. If this was AFL they’d call it a low impact tackle.

Motorbike
    Doesn't matter, don't ride them anymore anyway.
    Liked
    517 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Dealer View Post
    He didn’t actually knock Rossi off. Rossi was in control of the bike for another 4 seconds after Marquez made contact. He only fell because he tried to turn on the grass. Whilst I maintain it was unacceptable from Marquez, he didn’t skittle him. However Marquez was at fault. If this was AFL they’d call it a low impact tackle.
    If it was AFL he would have gotten a 3 game ban for even thinking about getting too close to a competitor, let alone actually making contact.

I thought we'd moved on from the Marquez/Rossi incident?

Motorbike
    VFR800+Tenere660+Postie Bike
    Liked
    72 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The never ending bunfight about Marquez and Rossi will outlast religion........
    Likes Para045 liked this post