User Tag List

Page 34 of 81 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 MotoGP, Moto2, Moto3 discussion (spoilers)

Motorbike
    2011 Gixxer 600
    Liked
    2552 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Davidf View Post
    The never ending bunfight about Marquez and Rossi will outlast religion........
    It will definitely remain a talking point and stirring the pot will always occur but the time for analysis over the incident has passed. We've seen all the angles/heard the riders' viewpoints etc., thus how we view the clash today, tomorrow or next year won't change so I don't even go there. Definitely a season to go down in history!

Le Mans should be a good race - Marquez in top form, a track Yami traditionally does well on, Zarco on home turf etc.
    Likes QUACKA liked this post

Motorbike
    MT09
    Liked
    1569 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Motoweek – LeMans MotoGP Pre-Race Podcast

http://motoweek.net/index.php/2018/0...pre-race-show/

Can anyone catch Marc Márquez in France? Hometown hero Johann Zarco tries to lead a Yamaha resurgence at LeMans, while the Ducati riders try not to run into each other. We preview the race, and talk about the latest MotoGP News – including Dovi’s contract negotiations, strange happenings at MarcVDS, and more. Plus – your comments, and picks for the French GP!

The Rundown:

– Facebook comments! You talk Silly Season rumors and signings, including Zarco and Oliveira
    – More on the Jerez wreck
    – Suzuki’s Satellite indecision and what it means
    – MotoGP News!
    – Private test at Mugello
    – Aprilia – Redding is worried about his seat…Espargaro is worried about the entire bike
    – Herve Poncharal talks about the second Tech3 seat for 2019
    – Ducati Drama continues! Gigi talks about which rider is the priority, and has harsh words for Lorenzo’s performance
    – Ducati’s Satellite situation
    – The MarcVDS controversy…isn’t a controversy at all??
    – LeMans!
    – The Track
    – The Manufacturers
    – The Contenders and other riders to watch
    – The Picks!

Motorbike
    Suzuki GSXR750 L2
    Liked
    553 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rins to stay with Suzuki through 2019-2020... No real suprise there...
    PSN- DOOOM666

Motorbike
    Bikeless
    Liked
    20 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep and seems like a nice guy from couple of interviews i have seen from him just got to stop his Crashlow phase he is going through at the moment.

Motorbike
    2003 R6 Road bike; 2008 R6 Race bike
    Liked
    154 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    chew

1) Wasn't against the rules, it wasn't under starters control at that stage. Rules have since changed.
    2) Broken rule, though I can see how one would not be thinking straight and rush 'back to my grid spot' so as to not hold everyone else up further.
    3) Barely against the rules, no consistency with any enforcement.
    4) Rossi had every opportunity to realise he had lost a position and concede the position. If he did, he wouldn't have then been gassing it on wet astro turf.

Of your 4, there was only the one that was penalised (2), the others aren't really rule breaches (define 'reckless').

My point with reckless riding is how can we judge that? How can we think we can do a better job than the FIM panel? Especially with all the extra data available to them.
    Look at Millers pass on Lorenzo, people called that reckless, when really it was just a hard pass because Lorenzo likes riding so damn wide and not at all defensively.
    "Life begins at the end of your comfort zone."

Liked
    973 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurgh

Liked
    2943 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeBloke View Post
    chew

1) Wasn't against the rules, it wasn't under starters control at that stage. Rules have since changed. During start procedure is the rule. Is that bloke with the red flag at the front of the grid a commie sympathiser?
    2) Broken rule, though I can see how one would not be thinking straight and rush 'back to my grid spot' so as to not hold everyone else up further.The rule is there to prevent delaying the start.
    3) Barely against the rules, no consistency with any enforcement.No room for overtake. FIM panel adjudicated he needed a penalty.
    4) Rossi had every opportunity to realise he had lost a position and concede the position. If he did, he wouldn't have then been gassing it on wet astro turf.Facepalm

Of your 4, there was only the one that was penalised (2), the others aren't really rule breaches (define 'reckless').

My point with reckless riding is how can we judge that? How can we think we can do a better job than the FIM panel? Especially with all the extra data available to them.
    Look at Millers pass on Lorenzo, people called that reckless, when really it was just a hard pass because Lorenzo likes riding so damn wide and not at all defensively.
    So if we discount the Rossi one (though I am not sure why?) he was penalised on two out of three rule infractions by the FIM panel and got off the other.

On the grid, Jack, Cal, Aleix and Mav were waving their arms around as Marc was heading back to his spot.

Though I'll concede you are right and Marquez should be allowed to do whatever he wants.
    They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Motorbike
    2011 Gixxer 600
    Liked
    2552 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Stinky View Post
    Rins to stay with Suzuki through 2019-2020... No real suprise there...
    and Dovi has signed with Duc for the next 2 years - very much a fait accompli. How much did Dovi eat into the second rider's budget? I feel Dovi's best season was probably last season but would love to be proven wrong.
    Lorenzo - Duc/Suzuki/Aprilia? Iannone always pulls something out of the bag when he's under threat... why can't he do it all season? I don't think he's hungry enough.

Motorbike
    VFR800+Tenere660+Postie Bike
    Liked
    72 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm thinking maybe Lorenzo will swallow his pride and stay with Ducati at a greatly reduced pay rate, the Suzuki may suit his "style" better but as a team they just cant seem to consistently provide a top shelf bike. Nowhere else worth going too, guess we'll find out what happens to Iannone's position soon enough [ has he done enough?]and then we can fill a few more pieces in the puzzle. Pedrosa to think about as well.....

Motorbike
    Bikeless
    Liked
    20 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow reports from from MCN online that Lorenzo will go too Suzuki and Jack Miller will take his factory ride at Ducati....

Motorbike
    MT09
    Liked
    1569 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by QUACKA View Post
    Wow reports from from MCN online that Lorenzo will go too Suzuki and Jack Miller will take his factory ride at Ducati....
    A very wishy-washy report though. The kind of statement they can easily back down from if it doesn't come to fruition.

Who will line up alongside him remains to be seen though, with Jack Miller currently the top tip to move to the factory team. Jorge Lorenzo, his current teammate, still looks set to make the move to Suzuki, leaving the second seat open at Ducati, with Andrea Iannone now linked to a move back to the Pramac satellite team.

Motorbike
    Bikeless
    Liked
    20 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i know will be interesting alot of signing going on this weekend...

Motorbike
    MT09
    Liked
    1569 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The headlines from crash.net and motorsport.com

MotoGP changes grid rules after Argentina confusion
    https://www.motorsport.com/motogp/ne...iller-1039080/

New fairing means Honda can be "strong everywhere" - Marquez
    https://www.motorsport.com/motogp/ne...rquez-1038980/

Rossi: I was worried, but our bike works well
    https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/89...ike-works-well

Motorbike
    MT09
    Liked
    1569 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On paper, Jack Miller is the better choice. He's younger, has finished top 10 in the last 7 races (on the MarcVDS Honda and the Ducati), and is currently ahead of Petrucci in the points on a year old bike, whereas Petrucci is on the current GP18.

Petrucci will be 28 next year. The top factories have young talent...Honda has Marquez, Yamaha have Vinales, Suzuki have rins. It's time Ducati had a young factory rider for the future.

I think Ducati would be best served by dropping a moto2 rider into Pramac Ducati and moving Miller into the factory team.

Whilst I don't think Miller is the next Casey Stoner, he'll do a good job for them.

Liked
    973 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Dealer View Post
    My solution would be let them change tyres before the race but give them a ride through penalty they can complete at any time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug68 View Post
    I like your idea better, make it so.
    You asked, they listened

Speed Dealer for Race Direction!
    Likes Speed Dealer, Prefectionist, Creme liked this post

Motorbike
    A 2 wheeled one
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Dealer View Post
    On paper, Jack Miller is the better choice. He's younger, has finished top 10 in the last 7 races (on the MarcVDS Honda and the Ducati), and is currently ahead of Petrucci in the points on a year old bike, whereas Petrucci is on the current GP18.

Petrucci will be 28 next year. The top factories have young talent...Honda has Marquez, Yamaha have Vinales, Suzuki have rins. It's time Ducati had a young factory rider for the future.

I think Ducati would be best served by dropping a moto2 rider into Pramac Ducati and moving Miller into the factory team.

Whilst I don't think Miller is the next Casey Stoner, he'll do a good job for them.
    All the recent reports are saying that Ducati are very keen on Miller moving to the factory team, saying his riding style and background will be a great fit, and they know he’s still 2yrs away at least from being his best.

I personally don’t see it, but Aussies with dirt track experience have always done well on a Ducati, even when it’s been a pig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes Speed Dealer liked this post

Motorbike
    cbr250rr
    Liked
    66 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    During fp3 they were saying that Dovi has been running a revised 2018 chassis all year while Lorenzo only got to test it in Mugello for the first time and only has one of those chassis right now. I'd be surprised if he is sticking around after hearing that. I like the thought of Lorenzo to Suzuki though, it would be great to see him competitive again.

Miller is clearly a better option for Ducati than Petrucci. He's more consistent, generally faster and younger.

This is third hand information but there's a rumour going around the paddock that Vinales has got in touch with Suzuki about getting out of his Yamaha contract and going back there. Whether it's based on fact or not I'm not sure.

Motorbike
    Yamaha Triples '78 XS750E, '79 XS850SF, '06 ZX12R
    Liked
    183 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Err Pedrosa's latest Instagram post of his bike says
    "Im gonna miss you"
    Cant find any other info?

Motorbike
    2011 Gixxer 600
    Liked
    2552 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple View Post
    Err Pedrosa's latest Instagram post of his bike says
    "Im gonna miss you"
    Cant find any other info?
    Yeah saw that on the BookFaces - some of the comments said it was an inaccurate translation. Someone said the translation was "practice from worse to better". The rest of the post didn't suggest he was going anywhere - it was about improving step by step. The "I'm going to miss you" did seem out of place with the rest of the post (or was the rest of the post out of place with the miss you statement? &#128515

If not an inaccurate translation then maybe he's hinting at something. Crutchlow wants his seat... The championship is pretty much his (according to him)...

Edit: Mir is being linked with Suzuki... if so, where will Lorenzo end up?. Jack has said as long as he has the 2019 Duc he's happy - factory or not. Lorenzo had to more so adapt to the Duc rather than expecting it to be adapted to him. Wonder what'll happen. Commentators said Suzuki would likely go for a young gun which is what Rins was but come next year they'd probably count him as the more experienced team mate, hence looking for a rookie. Lorenzo to WSBK?
    Last edited by Kristy; 19-05-2018 at 07:35 PM.

Motorbike
    MT09
    Liked
    1569 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Qualifying on now.

Very decent quality BT Sport live video stream here:

http://motorsports-stream.com/live/m...m-1/channel-1/