User Tag List

Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 283435363738

Thread: 2018 MotoGP, Moto2, Moto3 discussion (spoilers)

Liked
    973 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There seems to me, there is some confusion at the moment.

Lots of people (Including the MotoWeek podcast) are throwing around the term factory BIKE (or the marque), and I think confusing/assuming it means factory TEAM.

MW for example say Mir has been in direct contact with HONDA (Not necessarily the factory team), and they have a *clause* that they *can* put him in the Repsol team.
    Doesn't say at all, that if they take him, that he WILL go into the Factory team.

NB: I also only said 'factory' in my above post when I specifically meant a factory TEAM.
    Last edited by Rhino; 24-05-2018 at 03:09 PM.
    Likes Speed Dealer liked this post

Motorbike
    Princess Buttercup & hanging off historic sidecar #9
    Liked
    4010 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup, like Jack Miller had a factory contract with HRC and was put into LCR satellite team instead of on the repsol
    For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
    For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Motorbike
    Liked
    1569 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    There seems to me, there is some confusion at the moment.

Lots of people (Including the MotoWeek podcast) are throwing around the term factory BIKE (or the marque), and I think confusing/assuming it means factory TEAM.

MW for example say Mir has been in direct contact with HONDA (Not necessarily the factory team), and they have a *clause* that they *can* put him in the Repsol team.
    Doesn't say at all, that if they take him, that he WILL go into the Factory team.

NB: I also only said 'factory' in my above post when I specifically meant a factory TEAM.
    Damnit, now Rhino is listening to MotoWeek I can no longer pass Wilson’s opinions off as my own. Bugger!
    Likes Prefectionist, Rhino liked this post

Liked
    973 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hahahaha

A personal "thing" I have, is when people don't pronounce other peoples' names correctly - accent aside.

Bar-tholemy is killing me - although I can't actually confirm (I spent WAY too much time trying) a correct pronunciation other than the MotoGP guys who pronounce it Bar-toe-lee-mee - it's not like they haven't been wrong before

He slips between Andre and Andrea all the time.

He's still on Yo-han.

And boy, is he a Marquez fanboi!? Needs a bit more subjectiveness.

Not a bad time killer though.

Motorbike
    Trackwhore & SuperRetard
    Liked
    46 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Barfridge View Post
    Yup, like Jack Miller had a factory contract with HRC and was put into LCR satellite team instead of on the repsol
    Miller didn't and still doesn't deserve a full factory ride. the current bike sure, but not a spot next to Dovi. He's had a solid start to the season and has loads of potential but if you consider that Zarco (who is in another league) has had to go to KTM to get a full factory ride it would be insane to see Miller in a box next to Dovi in 2019. Weirder things have happened though and unless George renews for 2019 the silly season will continue.
    EXPERIENCE: noun: Knowledge or skill derived from actual participation or direct contact rather than mere study, interest or internet.

Liked
    973 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. Why?

He's been more consistent than Petrucci, on an older bike.
    He's done great this year on a year-old bike, and think he could be even stronger on the same bike as the factory team.

2. A "full factory ride" as you put it does not mean in the Ducati Team.
    He will get a full factory RIDE (read bike) in 2019 - and I can't give you a reason why he doesn't deserve to be on a current spec bike.

Motorbike
    Liked
    1569 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    Hahahaha

A personal "thing" I have, is when people don't pronounce other peoples' names correctly - accent aside.

Bar-tholemy is killing me - although I can't actually confirm (I spent WAY too much time trying) a correct pronunciation other than the MotoGP guys who pronounce it Bar-toe-lee-mee - it's not like they haven't been wrong before

He slips between Andre and Andrea all the time.

He's still on Yo-han.

And boy, is he a Marquez fanboi!? Needs a bit more subjectiveness.

Not a bad time killer though.
    Listen to any of the MotoGP podcasts, the now defunct official BT Sport podcast, and Paddock Pass podcast which features some of the BT Sport guys and they all sing the praises of Marquez. The BT Sport podcast which finished last season when Julian Ryder retired, the enthusiasm they had for Marquez was cringe worthy at times.

Wilson has apologised in the past for his pronunciation of names. He's just American.

I work nightshift by myself a lot (electrician doing supermarket maintenance), so it's a constant rotation of podcasts from Hamish & Andy, Motoweek, Paddock Pass and ABC Conversations to keep me company. It makes the night go quick.

Motorbike
    Doesn't matter, don't ride them anymore anyway.
    Liked
    517 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mir to Suzuki according to this:

"The Hamamatsu factory is once again betting on the latest jewel of Spanish motorcycling, as it once did with Maverick and with Rins, who will be his companion for the next two years.
    📷Mela WednesdaysBlogFollowUpdated: May 25, 2018 01: 43h CEST

As advanced on Friday of last week, during the dispute of the French GP, Joan Mir was much closer to jump to MotoGP next year than to follow in Moto2 and this newspaper can ensure that he has already chosen Suzuki to climb to the class reigns in 2019, after a brief passage through the intermediate category this course.

The Moto3 champion has only five races in Moto2, with the third in Le Mans as the best result, but his figure had aroused the interest of the main MotoGP factories for some time and Honda, Ducati and KTM have also held negotiations with him ,but nobody has bet on Mir as strong as Suzuki has done and from his hand he has guaranteed two seasons as an official driver with only 42 GGPP disputed since his World Cup debut in Australia 2015.

The Hamamstsu factory has chosen the Mallorcan as a boxing partner of Álex Rins, forming together the youngest duo on the grid. The Balearic is 20 years old (he will turn 21 in September) and the Catalan has 22 (in September he makes 23), being a future bet Joan and a present Alex, because this year he has already climbed to the podium with his third in Argentina.

With this move, Suzuki returns to take the last jewel of Spanish motorcycling, as before with the aforementioned Rins and with Maverick who, like Mir, was only one season in Moto2.

The one that will have to look for the life will be Iannone, that has the option to go to Aprilia like companion of Aleix Espargaró. And the one that closes an opportunity is Lorenzo, who spoke at the time with Suzuki and to remain an official driver will have to accept a contract very low Ducati and also beat the race to Petrucci for being the companion of Dovizioso. In Honda, for its part, it seems increasingly feasible to renew Pedrosa as a teammate of Márquez, once lost the opportunity to sign Mir."

Motorbike
    Liked
    1569 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With the Honda option for Mir lapsing yesterday, I hope Pedrosa keeps his seat. At least on a one year deal. I'd like to see him end his career with dignity rather than being unceremoniously dropped and left with nowhere to go.

If Mir signs with Suzuki then Lorenzo is screwed. The modest pay cut he was expecting could quickly turn into a huge one.

Ducati: Lorenzo, here's 2.5 million Euros. Take it or leave it. We don't really care.

Motorbike
    A 2 wheeled one
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Dealer View Post
    Ducati: Lorenzo, here's 2.5 million Euros. Take it or leave it. We don't really care.
    His stock has dropped massively (obviously) but I think it has highlighted the fact that whilst he is a good rider (you don’t beat Rossi or win world championships without being half decent)- he’s not and won’t ever be one of the greats.

The greats always found a way to make the machine work (look at Marquez over the last few yrs, stoner before him, Rossi a few years ago etc) being able to win or at least challenge on an even slightly sub-optimal machine - and this is something Lorenzo can’t do.

IF Lorenzo doesn’t take the Ducati factory ride, I think it’s Millers and petrucci has next to no chance. There was a comment piece in an Italian magazine from one of the duc. Guys saying that they believe Miller will be the next guy to lead them....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Motorbike
    2011 Gixxer 600
    Liked
    2552 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems Jorge is getting the boot for 2019 if he doesn't come good by Mugello: https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/89...n-t-work-jorge

Also another article suggested Mir is going to Suzuki. It wasn't conclusive but seemed pretty certain.

If Lorenzo gets the boot from Ducati, either Lorenzo or Iannone will lose out on a factory ride. I think Aprilia (Redding's seat) is the one likely to be vacant. If Mir's not going to Honda Dani might keep his ride.

Motorbike
    Honda Bros 400, Honda VF500F
    Liked
    99 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The current honda doesn't suit Pedrosa, he needs to move to a bike that handles like a Yamaha or Suzuki. His loyalty ro Honda is costing him wins.

On Marquez, there's a pretty good article on one of the sites that says unless other riders learn to slide and save the front end, no one will be able to beat him. Seems pretty true at this point with other riders crashing to keep up

- - - Updated - - -

This article http://www.motorsportmagazine.com/op...ogp/marc-freak

Motorbike
    Honda Bros 400, Honda VF500F
    Liked
    99 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think so far this season, there is only one 'alien'

Liked
    973 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rubin View Post
    The greats always found a way to make the machine work (look at Marquez over the last few yrs, stoner before him, Rossi a few years ago etc) being able to win or at least challenge on an even slightly sub-optimal machine - and this is something Lorenzo can’t do.
    Sorry, what?

Rossi has done barely fuck all on the Yamaha because it isn’t perfect for him, and was nowhere on the Ducati.

Stoner, although a massive talent, wasn’t very successful on the Duc after that blow out year and title win.
    He wasn’t BAD on it like everyone else, but he still didn’t have it easy.

And Marc, well, as bad as the Honda was for a few years, he’s had good bikes under him his whole career.

I’m not saying they’re not all worthy of alien status at some point - but they’re not invincible.

Lorenzo hasn’t done much worse than any others - I think you’re being a bit harsh.