User Tag List

Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 50 of 58 FirstFirst ... 40464748495051525354 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1148

Thread: 2018 MotoGP, Moto2, Moto3 discussion (spoilers)

Motorbike
    2011 Gixxer 600
    Liked
    2552 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gixxer 7 View Post
    Im not a huge lorenzo fan... But shit i'd like to see him clean up for the rest of the year.
    Could make for some good racing...
    Yup, my thoughts too - I'm not a fan either but would like to see him demonstrate a Ducati can be tamed/ridden by a pinpoint-specific rider. This race will certainly be interesting to see if he's up there. Free practice indicates he is/will be. He's 50-ish points behind Marc - just the right amount to make it interesting.
    Likes Gixxer 7, Speed Dealer liked this post

Motorbike
    GSXR1000 - GSXR750
    Liked
    231 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep.. Hes had speed but not over the distance.
    If as he says the new tank has solved that we could all be in for a great second half to the season

Motorbike
    Liked
    1569 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gigi Dall'igna always believed in Lorenzo, but I guess the Ducati higher ups made their comments about Lorenzo's future at Ducati (which is why Lorenzo sought out Honda) on the information they had...which at the time didn't look great.

Hindsight is 20/20

Would love to see Lorenzo beat Dovi in the points this season, just to see a smug look on Dall'igna's face He's 25 points behind Dovi. If he can just keep chipping away at him, he could come close.

Motorbike
    2011 Gixxer 600
    Liked
    2552 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rabat is starting to feature. Finished second in the Warm Up. Has featured in the last few rounds.

Zarco's been a bit quiet of late.

Who's going to get the wooden spoon? Redding, Luthi, Simeon, Abraham, Smith? Redding can't stay on the bike at the moment.
    Last edited by Kristy; 17-06-2018 at 04:51 PM.
    Likes Speed Dealer liked this post

Motorbike
    Liked
    1569 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Commentators said the word in the paddock was that Pedrosa's press conference was originally slated to announce his retirement and at the last moment a deal was put forward to him.

Motorbike
    Yamaha Triples '78 XS750E, '79 XS850SF, '06 ZX12R
    Liked
    183 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Dealer View Post
    Commentators said the word in the paddock was that Pedrosa's press conference was originally slated to announce his retirement and at the last moment a deal was put forward to him.
    I thought something like that would be the case!

Motorbike
    2007 RSV1000R Factory. 2012 ZX10RR Endurance Special.
    Liked
    3663 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bit of a crash fest in Moto3.

And BT Sport is broadcasting with Colin Edwards in the pitlane... it's brilliant.
    Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Motorbike
    Expensive Espresso Machine
    Liked
    389 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats good, he gets so close every year only to get f*cked.
    "Some people are like clouds. When they disappear it's a beautiful day"

Motorbike
    Liked
    1569 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was weird. Oliveira places second, sitting up after the flag on the straight waving then gets taken out from behind.

Motorbike
    2007 RSV1000R Factory. 2012 ZX10RR Endurance Special.
    Liked
    3663 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah that can happen.
    Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"
    Likes Speed Dealer, Morgs liked this post

Motorbike
    Liked
    1569 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Motorbike
    cbr250rr
    Liked
    66 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So. LOL @ Dovi, the pressure has seemed to have gotten to him. I really liked Dovi but it seems as of late the success did go to head and make him act like a bit of a diva.

LOL @ Ducati for not having faith in Lorenzo and essentially pushing him out of the team.

LOL @ Yamaha for signing Vinales so early in the season for no apparent reason. They probably could've picked up Lorenzo again with hat in hand before Honda did.

Well done to Honda for signing Lorenzo when they did, he's probably worth at least double what they're paying him after his last couple of performances.

Looking forward to Assen, Rossi is looking to have a bit of pace again even though he's inherited podiums from others crashing. Marquez is riding smarter than he was two weeks ago. Lorenzo is on fire though I think Assen may still be a bogey track for him. Assen always throws up something interesting anyway.
    Likes Speed Dealer, datsikk liked this post

Motorbike
    Liked
    1569 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by p4p1 View Post
    So. LOL @ Dovi, the pressure has seemed to have gotten to him. I really liked Dovi but it seems as of late the success did go to head and make him act like a bit of a diva.

LOL @ Ducati for not having faith in Lorenzo and essentially pushing him out of the team.

LOL @ Yamaha for signing Vinales so early in the season for no apparent reason. They probably could've picked up Lorenzo again with hat in hand before Honda did.

Well done to Honda for signing Lorenzo when they did, he's probably worth at least double what they're paying him after his last couple of performances.

Looking forward to Assen, Rossi is looking to have a bit of pace again even though he's inherited podiums from others crashing. Marquez is riding smarter than he was two weeks ago. Lorenzo is on fire though I think Assen may still be a bogey track for him. Assen always throws up something interesting anyway.
    Fully agree with the first point. Dovi was acting like he'd won a championship...you have mate, but not since 2004!

Ducati made the right decision based on the available info at the time....mapping 8...Lorenzo kind of at fault in Jerez...his irrational comments about Dovi...the fact he was probably asking for more $ than they were willing to pay him. The thing they'd be kicking themselves about is not getting him the fuel tank mod back at the Thailand test when he asked for it...but you're right, that's not having faith in him.

Will Honda and Ducati be as good next season when the stock IMU comes in and they can't (allegedly) dope it anymore? Ducati and Honda both consult with Magneti Marelli engineers who also supply the stock MotoGP ECU. It's no coincidence their bikes are the best on the grid. Conspiracy???

Whilst Lorenzo's contract is rumoured to be only 1/3rd of Marquez's salary. After Miller won at Assen, Crutchlow said "Jack has had a €250,000 payday". Surely there'd be some hefty podium bonuses written into Lorenzo's contract.

Anyone else lol at Lorenzo completey ignoring Claudio Domenicali (Ducati CEO) in parc fermé whilst warmly embracing Dall'igna.
    Likes p4p1 liked this post

Motorbike
    GSXR1000 - GSXR750
    Liked
    231 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a great race but a good win!

Link is a vid of dani and marc

https://www.facebook.com/hondaprorac...6358543733694/

Motorbike
    cbr250rr
    Liked
    66 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fully agree with the first point. Dovi was acting like he'd won a championship...you have mate, but not since 2004!

Ducati made the right decision based on the available info at the time....mapping 8...Lorenzo kind of at fault in Jerez...his irrational comments about Dovi...the fact he was probably asking for more $ than they were willing to pay him. The thing they'd be kicking themselves about is not getting him the fuel tank mod back at the Thailand test when he asked for it...but you're right, that's not having faith in him.

Will Honda and Ducati be as good next season when the stock IMU comes in and they can't (allegedly) dope it anymore? Ducati and Honda both consult with Magneti Marelli engineers who also supply the stock MotoGP ECU. It's no coincidence their bikes are the best on the grid. Conspiracy???

Whilst Lorenzo's contract is rumoured to be only 1/3rd of Marquez's salary. After Miller won at Assen, Crutchlow said "Jack has had a €250,000 payday". Surely there'd be some hefty podium bonuses written into Lorenzo's contract.

Anyone else lol at Lorenzo completey ignoring Claudio Domenicali (Ducati CEO) in parc fermé whilst warmly embracing Dall'igna.
    In regards to Ducati, the word is that the racing team wanted to keep him despite his lack of results and Gigi especially always had faith in him and the feedback he was giving to the team for bike direction. The decision to put him on the out was from Domenicali and not for Gigi.

I also disagree about Jerez being Lorenzo's fault, I don't think any of the riders were really at fault for what happened but it was Dovi who made an overambitious pass and set the whole chain of events in motion. I hated the mapping 8 TBH, I really thought it was embarrassing, if Dovi wasn't fast enough to beat his team mate or Marquez that is his problem. It was too f1esque for my liking.

Agree about the performance bonuses in Lorenzos contract, I'm sure they're pretty damn good. If he can get Honda on a really good development path I wouldn't be surprised if there is some extra money in that either. I'm not convinced that Honda have the best or the second best bike on the grid, it still seems to be Marquez that's making the difference while the other Honda riders have a good weekend every few races.

Motorbike
    Suzuki GSXR750 L2
    Liked
    553 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PSN- DOOOM666
    Likes Speed Dealer, ReCon liked this post

Motorbike
    Honda Bros 400, Honda VF500F
    Liked
    99 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Top ride by Lorenzo

Interesting how Rossi and MM both held tribute flags to the kid who died last week and Lorenzo carried the big hammer, a tribute to himself. Vintage Lorenzo

Motorbike
    Expensive Espresso Machine
    Liked
    389 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by n8balls View Post
    Top ride by Lorenzo

Interesting how Rossi and MM both held tribute flags to the kid who died last week and Lorenzo carried the big hammer, a tribute to himself. Vintage Lorenzo
    Lorenzo is the biggest douche win it comes to show boating.... how about do some wheelies or burnouts, throw some signed shit into the crowd.... nah ill plant a flag or try drown myself.
    "Some people are like clouds. When they disappear it's a beautiful day"

Motorbike
    Yamaha Triples '78 XS750E, '79 XS850SF, '06 ZX12R
    Liked
    183 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gixxer 7 View Post
    Not a great race but a good win!

Link is a vid of dani and marc

https://www.facebook.com/hondaprorac...6358543733694/
    Lol @ "you should let someone else win"
    Likes Gixxer 7 liked this post

Motorbike
    Honda Bros 400, Honda VF500F
    Liked
    99 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Halo_2 View Post
    Lorenzo is the biggest douche win it comes to show boating.... how about do some wheelies or burnouts, throw some signed shit into the crowd.... nah ill plant a flag or try drown myself.
    He's awful, but I enjoy it more now than when he did it a few years ago

I reckon Marquez will find he gets less boos now