User Tag List

Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 7475354555657
Results 1,121 to 1,137 of 1137

Thread: 2018 MotoGP, Moto2, Moto3 discussion (spoilers)

Motorbike
    (TY-250- RD350LC- Gsx 750 esd) Current -Gsx 250 SSM GSX 1100 EFE
    Liked
    304 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Air suit has 2 x shots in it...I'd guess Cratchlow has a non-refundable deposit..on his suits or 1 for one..?
    " Imagination is the seed of life..."

Motorbike
    2011 Gixxer 600
    Liked
    2552 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Borrie sums up Dani: integrity and dignity.
    https://www.bikeme.tv/index.php/dani...r-of-all-time/

But throughout and despite it all, Dani has maintained a unyielding and rather transcendental dignity.

Many people, including myself, took this dignity to be some kind of personality-free zone. And to my shame, I derided him for it.
    I have also come to appreciate his vast sportsmanship. Never was this more apparent than in recent times when Rossi, Marquez, and Lorenzo were all beating each other with handbags, making snide asides to the press, and generally pretending they were individually without any blame and the fault for whatever always lay with the other swine.

I love that in MotoGP. It gives the whole thing a soap-opera quality and humanises the racers.

But what I also loved was the way Dani Pedrosa behaved when he was asked by the media for his take on the internecine battles between 96, 99 and 46.

He was all class. He made no judgements on any of them. He said nothing controversial (which was in and of itself worthy of controversy), and was nothing if not conciliatory and consummately professional.
    Likes Speed Dealer, QUACKA liked this post

Motorbike
    Liked
    1569 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So we've found Simon Crafar's superpower... cool, calm, intelligible commentary whilst he ride's the Sachsenring on a GoPro hotlap (video on MotoGP Facebook).

It seems his thoughts are more collected when he's riding a BMW at 250kph.

Now he just needs to work on pronouncing Spanish and Italian surnames and stringing sentences together in pit lane.

Motorbike
    Liked
    1569 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Binder has re-signed with Ajo KTM in Moto2 for 2019. If KTM can sort out their in house WP suspension program which is currently holding both Oliveira and Binder back from better results, he could well be a title challenger.

Motorbike
    2011 Gixxer 600
    Liked
    2552 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Dealer View Post
    So we've found Simon Crafar's superpower... cool, calm, intelligible commentary whilst he ride's the Sachsenring on a GoPro hotlap (video on MotoGP Facebook).

Now he just needs to work on pronouncing Spanish and Italian surnames and stringing sentences together in pit lane.
    He has gotten better though. It's no longer as facepalm-worthy given he now talks at least a third faster compared to when he first started.
    Though struggling to pronounce names is still facepalm-worthy... a good journo/reporter will always, as part of respect and professionalism, suss names out. Though who's to say who's pronouncing names properly? We're just used to hearing them said in a certain way. We all said Yo-hann; Zarco has since informed us it's Jo-hann.
    Likes Speed Dealer liked this post

Motorbike
    Liked
    1569 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    He has gotten better though. It's no longer as facepalm-worthy given he now talks at least a third faster compared to when he first started.
    Though struggling to pronounce names is still facepalm-worthy... a good journo/reporter will always, as part of respect and professionalism, suss names out. Though who's to say who's pronouncing names properly? We're just used to hearing them said in a certain way. We all said Yo-hann; Zarco has since informed us it's Jo-hann.
    The one I cringe every time at is when he says 'Down here with Ducati's Davide Tar-doe-zee'
    Likes Kristy liked this post

Motorbike
    Honda
    Liked
    49 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Dealer View Post

Just watched video, that was actually quite a pleasure
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryanoceros
    How many bikes can you buy today that have an otto cycle motor?

Motorbike
    Doesn't matter, don't ride them anymore anyway.
    Liked
    517 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Every time Lorenzo says he wants to go out on soft tyres, his crew chief needs to slap him.
    Likes QUACKA liked this post

Motorbike
    cbr250rr
    Liked
    66 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It funny listening to Vinales and Rossi constantly complain about what how much they're struggling with their bike and how it's not up to par etc. Yamaha may not have won this season yet but they've been on the podium in every race this season and are still 2, 3 & 4 in the championship. Meanwhile if you take away Marquez's results from Honda they've had 1 win and no other podiums with a pretty handy couple of riders in Crutchlow and Pedrosa on the bike.

Between the 2 Hondas today there was 2 Yamahas and 5 Ducatis and a Yamaha with little to no factory backing not too far behind Pedrosa. Clearly Honda still haven't fixed their bike despite what a lot of people(including myself) thought at the beginning of the year and I think Lorenzo will really struggle next year unless major changes are made.

Motorbike
    2011 Gixxer 600
    Liked
    2552 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure Marc is making the bike look better than it is. Meanwhile Lorenzo's tank keeps mutating but his last two results haven't matched the 2 previous to that. Will the tank continue mutating or will there be a new mod to play with?

Motorbike
    cbr250rr
    Liked
    66 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    I'm sure Marc is making the bike look better than it is. Meanwhile Lorenzo's tank keeps mutating but his last two results haven't matched the 2 previous to that. Will the tank continue mutating or will there be a new mod to play with?
    Clearly the wrong tyre choice today. Whether he needed that tyre to be competitive at the start or not I don't know. He said after Assen he pushed so hard to be up the front for as long as he was that he wore out before the tyres dropped but that doesn't sound great for his time on the Honda which is by all accounts still the most physically demanding bike to ride on the grid.
    Mugello and Catalunya were pretty decent tracks for Ducati, Assen hasn't been previously nor has Sachsenring but I think Lorenzo and Ducati will go pretty well in the next 2 rounds.

Motorbike
    Liked
    1569 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rossi has won 1 race in the last 38 races.
    Vinales has won 1 race in the last 24.

Rossi said since winter testing he's been asking for certain updates...total updates delivered by Yamaha: Zero.

Motorbike
    Liked
    1569 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reading on crash.net Marquez said he had more pace in reserve if Valentino posed a problem.

Motorbike
    Plausible Denial
    Liked
    609 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yep Rossi never really posed a problem for MM, he looked like he had it covered. The Honda is doing what MM needs it to and winning, why change it, thats all anyone there cares about. For instance, "Dani wants us to change the MotoGP bike to....." Dani who??? , the only thing Honda would be considering with delivering a race bike to Crutchlow is covering his consumption on forcast production of crash spares.

its a one man show, has been for a while now.

Lorenzo will do much better, i think. If they let him do his thing, recent Yamaha factory experience, recent Ducati factory experience, he brings a lot to the table.
    I cant help it if your perceptions don't match my reality

Likes Speed Dealer, Prefectionist liked this post

Motorbike
    Few Yamahas and others
    Liked
    36 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Lorenzo will be playing 2nd fiddle and waiting for Tank modifications or a new Puig screen for 18 months. I predict a very depressed Jorge for a good while.

Once he is putting more dev time in to the bike, it should theoretically mean good things for all Honda riders. (over the long haul)
    - Mike

Motorbike
    Liked
    1569 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Loved Marquez running into the grandstand to high five the Rossi fans.

Liked
    973 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grabbing the 26 beannie off the marshal and holidng it up was another example of MM always being "ON".