User Tag List

Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 8485455565758
Results 1,141 to 1,154 of 1154

Thread: 2018 MotoGP, Moto2, Moto3 discussion (spoilers)

Motorbike
    Liked
    1569 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by p4p1 View Post
    The difference is now that with control electronics and tyres he racing is closer than ever and we get battles like we did at Assen or the island.
    Results may be arguably predictable because Marquez does more winning than anyone else, but Dovi's rise last year was not predictable not was Lorenzo's floorless Mugello and Catalunya races. The racings great right now but the butthurt is strong with the Rossi fans.

Even if I wasn't a Marquez fan I think the racing has been better after 2015 in general. While I'm not a fan of what Michelins done because every weekend it seems like there's at least one tyre related issue their (IMO) incompetence at times has made for some great racing.
    100%

The it’s boring and predictable comment seems to be one I’m seeing a lot. They obviously have short memories.

Motorbike
    2007 RSV1000R Factory. 2012 ZX10RR Endurance Special.
    Liked
    3663 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lorenzo's floorless Mugello and Catalunya races.
    Indeed!

It was quite boring when Rossi was winning everything much like when Doohan was winning everything by over a minute. Similar to Schumacher's domination at Ferrari.

I'm a massive fan of all of the above but in the end I didn't bother watching the racing anymore.
    Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Motorbike
    Liked
    1569 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Monster replaces Movistar as Yamaha title sponsor

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/90...-title-sponsor
    Likes Prefectionist liked this post

Liked
    973 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder if that's also looking a few years down the track for the VR46 team, who will no doubt take on Monster.

Motorbike
    2011 Gixxer 600
    Liked
    2552 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting article on Dani: https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/o...-uphill-career.
    Something I hadn't considered - he has massive highsides because he doesn't have the weight to ride it out - to keep the bike in shape whereas someone heavier might be able to stop it bucking them off. Massive highsides = more likely to break stuff.

Also, he was unable to take advantage of the wings because he didn't have to weight to overcome the downforce of the wings and throw the bike from side to side.

Pint size = good for jockeys and the smaller bike classes, not so much motogp. Considering his inherent weight disadvantage he's done amazingly well.

All these injuries aren’t the result of brittle bones, they’re caused by a featherweight physique that prevents him from riding that bucking bronco when things go wrong. “There’s no doubt why he’s broken his body so much, even with little crashes,” explains former Honda MotoGP rider Jack Miller. “Whenever he has a crash the bike always flicks him into the air because the bike’s so much bigger than him. It’s like when he got highsided in Argentina this year, or anywhere else.”

Whenever Pedrosa challenged for the title things went wrong and since then they’ve got worse. The global economic meltdown of 2008 had a big effect on MotoGP, with new cost-reduction regulations introduced each year, all of them conspiring against the atypical rider. For example, between 2008 and 2011 minimum machine weight increased from 148kg to 157kg; a big difference for a man the size of a boy.

Miller is one of many MotoGP riders who is certain Pedrosa would’ve won the MotoGP title at least once if he was more of a match for the machinery.

“The rest of us can manage these beasts more easily,” adds the Australian. “We’ve got more weight over the top of the bike, we’ve got more strength and more leverage with our longer arms and legs. Dani is short, so he’s got short arms, short legs, small hands and small feet. Even for us, it’s a lot of hard work to try and muscle a big piece of machinery around.”

In 2009 control tyres were introduced, all of them designed for riders of a median weight, between 65kg and 70kg; about 25 per cent heavier than Pedrosa. No wonder he struggled to get heat into tyres, often with agonising consequences.
    Likes Prefectionist, QUACKA liked this post

Motorbike
    Bikeless
    Liked
    20 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Folger might be signing on as a yamaha test rider.....according to mcn.

Motorbike
    VFR800+Tenere660+Postie Bike
    Liked
    72 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Dealer View Post
    Monster replaces Movistar as Yamaha title sponsor

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/90...-title-sponsor
    Interesting, untold years of marketing a team/bike/rider/clothing/merchandise in essentially a "blue/white" colour scheme [ with minor variations ] to black with splashes of green. I always thought marketing types loved consistency with such things [ ie Repsol colours = instant Marquez connection ], so I guess it will take a little time for the change to sink in.

Motorbike
    2007 RSV1000R Factory. 2012 ZX10RR Endurance Special.
    Liked
    3663 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not too much of a change. Certainly not compared to the pre tobacco branding.

I for one am glad there's been a proper change of a livery and make the grid look fresh. If anything it will boost sales of merchandise as everyone rushes out to buy the latest as opposed to wearing the same team shirt for 4 years. It's even better for sales than just a rider jumping ship. Everyone dumped their Rossi, Honda gear to get Yamaha gear, to dump it and buy Ducati gear only for them to dust off the Yamaha gear again.

Having said that, I'd love to get my hands on a genuine Rothmans pit jacket from the 90's
    Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"
    Likes Prefectionist liked this post

Motorbike
    2011 Gixxer 600
    Liked
    2552 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ducati Race of Champions 2018 held at Misano on limited-edition Panigale V4 S bikes.
    Haven't watched it yet so no idea if the race was good, I just know who won it and decided to search for it.

No gargantuan tank on Lorenzo's bike...?

Edit: to see Stoner out there would have been amazing.

Motorbike
    VFR800+Tenere660+Postie Bike
    Liked
    72 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ducati does these sort of epic events, BMW have serious bike rally's [ and now KTM following suit ], HD run gigs for their riders everywhere. Involving the people who buy the bikes, so they help maintain loyalty to the brand.

Hello Japan? Hello?

Stoner was probably not invited because he would have slayed them all...…

Edit, the bikes were all painted in variety of current and older styles, and sold or auctioned off afterwards. Nice investment methinks....

Motorbike
    cbr250rr
    Liked
    66 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.bikeandrace.com/motogp/m...nsual-divorce/

Rossi might be making moves against Lin Jarvis to oust him. Some believe that Rossi may have aspirations to run the factory team rather than his own satellite team and I think that does make sense.

Motorbike
    Liked
    1569 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.bikeandrace.com/motogp/m...nsual-divorce/

Rossi might be making moves against Lin Jarvis to oust him. Some believe that Rossi may have aspirations to run the factory team rather than his own satellite team and I think that does make sense.
    I’ve been saying for ages Lin Jarvis needs to go. I know he started Yamaha Motor Racing, nearly 20 years ago, but the team needs a new direction. Although I think Rossi needs his power reigned in.
    Likes Rhino, Kristy liked this post

Liked
    973 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree on both counts.

When Lin lost control of George and Vale and the wall went up - that should have been his last year.

If you can't control your team/riders - GTFO.

Motorbike
    cbr250rr
    Liked
    66 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it makes sense Rossi wants to run the factory team and not a satellite team. Both Ago and Roberts did so very well and won world championships so I don't see why Rossi wouldn't want to emulate them.

However for Yamaha a Rossi bitch boy is not the right call while Rossi is still racing if they intend to keep Vinales beyond his current contract.

Side note : really good to see Rossi has opened up his academy to non Italian riders as well.