User Tag List

Page 77 of 81 FirstFirst ... 2767737475767778798081 LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,540 of 1608

Thread: 2018 MotoGP, Moto2, Moto3 discussion (spoilers)

Liked
    2943 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had three of these hoodies made for P.I. 2013. A few people got it.

They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Liked
    973 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    Either way - fuck off cunt. MM didn't cause it.
    Rewatched it.

I retract my comment.

He did "cause" it - but it was a racing incident.
    Went in hot, saved his own arse by running wide, JL wasn't gentle enough on the throttle.

Motorbike
    MT09
    Liked
    1569 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Myself being someone who has never raced, TurboR1 might be able to shed some light on this.

From a spectator's POV there's no such thing as a racing line into the first corner off the starting line.
    You have a plan in mind. But everyone else does too.
    You get to the corner, see what happens and adjust or abandon the plan and take what you can get.

Which Jorge failed to do.

Am I right or completely missed the mark?

Motorbike
    2011 Gixxer 600
    Liked
    2552 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IMO Marquez may have *created* the situation by going for the hole shot (who wouldn't?) but did not *cause* it because no one but Jorge caused Jorge to open the throttle that much. Jack Miller was on the same line, he made it through unscathed. Jorge said he had 2 choices: to open the throttle, or run wide. Wrong, he had another choice - not to open the throttle as much.

Looking at the footage, while wide, he still would have made that corner - he didn't look like he was going to go off track at the point he gassed it up - he saw Marc was going to run wide and thought he'd get him back up the inside. He fucked up.

I read somewhere that someone considered it a deliberate move by Marc knowing he would run Jorge out wide - no one knows but Marc. Even if true, Jorge opened his throttle, no one else.
    Last edited by Kristy; 25-09-2018 at 08:20 PM.

Motorbike
    2001 ZX7R Whale. 2007 RSV1000R Factory. 2012 ZX10RR Endurance Special.
    Liked
    3663 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Dealer View Post
    Myself being someone who has never raced, TurboR1 might be able to shed some light on this.
    Well the line still exists, but everything is a compromise. And the start of the race is always your best chance of making up positions as you will never be closer to all of your competitors at the same time as you are just as the light goes out. As such it always looks a little bit chaotic.

Some of it is reactionary, but the smarter guys have several game plans in mind before the light goes out, which they have played through their heads repeatedly so that when the lights do go out they can pick and chose.

This all comes down to experience/skill and race craft. This is also why, in part, you tend to see more crashes in Moto2 and Moto3 into turn one, the riders are younger, more aggressive, less patient, also there's more of them and the machinery is more equally matched.

But as for lines, ideally once they get into open air they will go back to the the lines they used in qualifying to lower lap times and reduce tyre degradation. This is typically a neutral apex, washing off as little speed as possible starting wide, apex, and getting back on the gas to exit wide.

Of course a early apex is often the result of someone diving underneath for an overtake, coming in much hotter, apexing early and slower (as the corner is now tighter), and thereby compromising their speed down the next straight and losing out into the next corner and sometimes much earlier as witnessed by the countless times we've seen riders dive under and then lose the spot again. But on T1 on lap one it's worth the risk as you may pick up 3-4 spots and only lose one or 2, so throw it in there, stop it and fire out.

Getting an overtake right or wrong used to be far more critical in the 2 stroke era as dropping out of the power band by diving under a rider and slowing down too much would see you lose 3-4 positions if you got it wrong, and then promptly high side out of the race as you gave it too much trying to get back into the power band.

EDIT: Apex explained with a diagram
    Last edited by TurboR1; 25-09-2018 at 08:56 PM. Reason: mixed up my early apex with my late apex
    Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Liked
    973 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    Options
    Option 4: Pick the bike up

MM was in front, and JL had a line of sight to him.
    It's not like he was blind sided and t-boned.

I still think he's a cry baby and blames everyone else when shit goes wrong for him.
    He really does need everything to be 'just so', and he is amazing when it is.

Adjust mate, or take up something more predictable - like curling?

Quote Originally Posted by TurboR1 View Post
    Stuff
    You seem to be defending him in your earlier comments (everyone is bashing JL), but it sounds to me like he just fucked up and has noone to blame but himself by not adapting to the unravelling race.
    Something a MotoGP rider should be able to do.

Motorbike
    Liked
    3663 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wasn't defending him, he did fuck up, dirty line and less grip than what traction control, lean angle, gravity and opportunity could contend with.

I was just pointing out that the JL bashers are as retarded as the Rossi fanboys.

How a description of what an apex and race line is, to be then construed and spun as a JL defence case is a web that only you can knit together. Considering my "stuff" is relevant on every corner, of every race, on every track, on every lap, that has ever been held on 2, 4 an even 6 wheels, and, that I never even mentioned JL in that post.

Fair enough if you had referenced an earlier post where I defended his resilience to pain. But they are all hard as nails, JL, Crutchlow, Rossi, Pedrosa, Marquez and the rest of them.
    Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Motorbike
    2011 Gixxer 600
    Liked
    2552 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post

I still think he's a cry baby and blames everyone else when shit goes wrong for him.
    Marquez: even when it's not his fault, it still is...

Everyone in the spotlight, courtesy of the media, gets a persona and if something occurs that matches that persona, it will always be linked back to said person and so the persona grows.

For Lorenzo's highside his thought process was probably: "I am the hole shot master and damned if I'm letting Marquez take that away from me". I reckon his eyes lit up when he saw Marquez was running wide and opened the throttle as wide as his eyes.

Oh, and I googled "fucking Marquez" on the work computer to find the image... big mistake...
    Likes n8balls liked this post

Motorbike
    Liked
    3663 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These guys are also playing chess at 330kph+ on 280BHP, and have reached the pinnacle of the sport by being the best of everything they have ever entered (Karel Abraham and Bradley Smith probably notable exceptions)

Doesn't give you much wiggle room for self doubt, second guessing, developing a coping mechanism for loss or having anything other than a pigheaded belief that you are the best in the world.

Which they have been, repeatedly.
    Likes Mr Bean liked this post

Liked
    2943 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    George's ambition outweighed his talent on that occasion.
    They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits
    Likes shortSteve liked this post

Liked
    973 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Throughout Lorenzo's press conference after the race, he threatened Race Direction (and indirectly the rest of his rivals) that if no one takes action to avoid that kind of incident in the future, he will have to act the same.
    No intent from MM (race direction found nothing) other than wanting to be in the corner first (don't they all?).
    The door was open - two different lines were chosen.
    He had sight of MM and didn't alter his line/actions.
    No contact was made.

Need a tissue?
    Likes Kristy liked this post

Motorbike
    2011 Gixxer 600
    Liked
    2552 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "He will have to act the same again"

Lorenzo conveniently forgets he was a fairly reckless rider at one point.

Liked
    973 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Next year is gonna be interesting in that garage.

I wonder if Puig is going to tell him to harden up and get on with it.
    He doesn't seem like he'll be as limp as Lin Jarvis if there's tension.
    Likes Triple liked this post

Liked
    973 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jesus.

Romano Fenati is officially under investigation for “attempted private violence”. Provisional court date set for the 29th October

Motorbike
    ZX10R, DRZ400SM, Speedmaster 865, YZ250
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    private violence pfft they should add the front brake grab as a once a race wildcard move and watch motogp slowly evolve into some kind of death race!
    "It’s not going to judge you like a fucking Volkswagen would."

Motorbike
    2011 Gixxer 600
    Liked
    2552 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never heard of the term 'private violence' so I googled it and pretty much returned results for domestic violence - which the world over defines it as occurring in family/intimate settings (of course though in Italy I assume private violence is a common charge, just didn't see much evidence of it on the googles).

Anyway:
    The Public Prosecutor of Rimini is said to have opened the investigation for the less serious charge, rather than that of 'attempted murder'.

'Private violence' is akin to a motorist cutting up another driver on the road. The use of such a charge for competitors in a motor race would set a very worrying precedent.
    https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/90...dent-end-court

IMO probably taking it too far but I guess given the public outrage I guess it was inevitable that he had to be answerable off the track as well as on it.

Liked
    973 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed, unnecessary in my view.

He got what he deserved. He'll never race again.

Close the book.
    Likes Kristy liked this post

Motorbike
    2011 Gixxer 600
    Liked
    2552 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, I was good when he got axed from both teams. That pretty much sealed his international racing fate (and probably any other half-way decent level) which was a fair outcome.

Motorbike
    MT09
    Liked
    1569 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree this is too far...but at the same time I believe AFL players should face assault charges when they king hit another player 50m away from the ball.

Motorbike
    Suzuki GSXR750 L2
    Liked
    553 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If he gets charged that could set a very dangerous precedent
    PSN- DOOOM666