User Tag List

Page 79 of 81 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081 LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,580 of 1608

Thread: 2018 MotoGP, Moto2, Moto3 discussion (spoilers)

Motorbike
    S.A.K.
    Liked
    43 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have to ask the question, was she on good machinery in moto3 or was the bike a limiting factor? Who would take a punt on a girl to do any good when it was the first time in history? There are so many unknowns with that and a scary proposition for teams that rely on sponsorship money to stay alive. Only the brave would be the first and I doubt a big team would do it. Which is the way it was and is for many riderz not just women.
    Ninety nine percent of the people in this world are fools. The rest of us are in great danger of contagion.

Motorbike
    2001 ZX7R Whale. 2007 RSV1000R Factory. 2012 ZX10RR Endurance Special.
    Liked
    3663 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes and no...

No matter who you take on, boy or girl, it will always be a risk. Make no mistake it's all business and securing sponsors, secures you a ride. But taking on a female rider, rightly or wrongly, will see you securing sponsors for the publicity and novelty such an appointment would generate. It's always been the case, and that trickles down through all ranks of road racing even down to our own backyard here in Perth.

Now I'm sure any SJW's reading that will already start frothing at the mouth and leap at the chance of belittling a known fact with their own brand of passive aggressive snide remarks as they plump up their own moral high ground.

But the fact remains that out of two racers, one male, one female, the female will attract more attention and sponsors even before talent/ability is taken into account.
    Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"
    Likes keys, Prefectionist, Para045, SomeBloke, ReCon liked this post

Liked
    46 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrsism View Post
    You have to ask the question, was she on good machinery in moto3 or was the bike a limiting factor? .
    Is there much difference in moto3 between the bikes? She did manage an 8th so does that mean the bike had potential?

Quote Originally Posted by TurboR1 View Post

But the fact remains that out of two racers, one male, one female, the female will attract more attention and sponsors even before talent/ability is taken into account.
    A great example of that was Renee Gracie who has achieved SFA in v8 racing yet became the poster girl for Caltex a few years ago. She is the first female to do this and do that...

Motorbike
    honda CBR1100xx norton commando 850
    Liked
    85 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a bit of a think about it and I reckon our sport and motorsport in general is the only time men and women compete against each other as equals. Thats pretty cool. Everyone else separates into separate competitions for some reason

Motorbike
    cbr250rr
    Liked
    66 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.foxsportsasia.com/motogp...d-police-fine/

Not sure if or stunt or not but Marquez was booked by a cop for speeding during the PR stuff in Thailand.

Motorbike
    2011 Gixxer 600
    Liked
    2552 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has to be a stunt. No indicators, licence plate etc. Organisers would have had to seek all the clearances to do so - would have made sure all the i's were dotted and the t's crossed. If given the clear to ride such a bike on the road I'm sure he's exempt from pretty much everything.

I'd put money on it not being either of his race bikes though just in case something happened.

Motorbike
    Liked
    3663 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by datsikk View Post
    Is there much difference in moto3 between the bikes?
    The bikes at the front of the grid do have a horsepower advantage over those further down the grid, and it can be significant.

Sam Clarke (who used to race locally in Perth and is currently competing in British super stock 1000) got a wild card ride on a Moto3 at Phillip Island in 2012(?) and down the main straight he was blown into the reeds by the speed of the factory bikes, so much was the power difference.
    Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Motorbike
    Yamaha Triples '78 XS750E, '79 XS850SF, '06 ZX12R
    Liked
    183 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    Has to be a stunt. No indicators, licence plate etc. Organisers would have had to seek all the clearances to do so - would have made sure all the i's were dotted and the t's crossed. If given the clear to ride such a bike on the road I'm sure he's exempt from pretty much everything.

I'd put money on it not being either of his race bikes though just in case something happened.
    I'd say its the RCV1000R production model they were selling..
    Likes Sprint liked this post

Motorbike
    2003 R6 Road bike; 2008 R6 Race bike
    Liked
    154 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Life begins at the end of your comfort zone."

Motorbike
    Doesn't matter, don't ride them anymore anyway.
    Liked
    517 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeBloke View Post
    How could Marquez do that to him again!
    Likes QUACKA liked this post

Motorbike
    MT09
    Liked
    1569 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FFS, either ban aero fairings (lets be honest, these are winglets), or let them have a free for all. This grey area is shit.

Motorbike
    Liked
    3663 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks bonkers, love it!

Engineers need grey areas to exploit the rules. And the fact that you can see the work being done by the engineers makes adds to the spectacle.

It's all well and good to say we shaved 3g of the crankshaft and gained .5HP but no one can see it, this way you can see the progress being made.

Motorbike
    Yamaha Triples '78 XS750E, '79 XS850SF, '06 ZX12R
    Liked
    183 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeBloke View Post
    Had to laugh at the track marshals doing clean up... Did you see their brooms?
    Likes n8balls liked this post

Motorbike
    MT09
    Liked
    1569 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks bonkers, love it!

Engineers need grey areas to exploit the rules. And the fact that you can see the work being done by the engineers makes adds to the spectacle.

It's all well and good to say we shaved 3g of the crankshaft and gained .5HP but no one can see it, this way you can see the progress being made.
    I just reckon let em go at it. Get rid of any aero fairing rules and lets see what crazy shit they can come up with.

Motorbike
    Liked
    3663 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Dealer View Post
    I just reckon let em go at it. Get rid of any aero fairing rules and lets see what crazy shit they can come up with.
    I wish they did, but that would see only Honda as the last remaining motorcycling manufacturer as the rest would have bankrupted themselves trying to keep up.

F1 would benefit from letting the engineers have free reign as well, but again it would see one team remain as the others accumulate millions of dollars of debt.
    Likes Speed Dealer liked this post

Motorbike
    Old Ducati's (trouble) '06 R1 (reliable)
    Liked
    2 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Dealer View Post
    FFS, either ban aero fairings (lets be honest, these are winglets), or let them have a free for all. This grey area is shit.

Looks bonkers, love it!

Is it really progress though? Visually it is completely subjective whether you see these as an improvement or not. You also face the problem of the financial black hole that aero becomes as MotoGP enters an F1 style aero arms race....is this good for the sport? Aaaaaand then there is the fact the bikes are already outpacing many tracks, the faster they go the greater the run-off required, the further spectators are from the action, the more historic tracks are removed from the calendar. On balance I'm seeing more negatives than positives.

EDIT: I can take or leave the wings/strakes/winglets but that front guard is interesting....

EDIT EDIT: on second thoughts those winglets look quite good on the near side.....but shit hanging out the far side. You'd look a right twat filtering down the freeway with 'em that's for farkin' sure!

Motorbike
    Liked
    3663 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Flappy-Panniers"

Motorbike
    Doesn't matter, don't ride them anymore anyway.
    Liked
    517 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Due to his accident in FP2, Lorenzo is out for the rest of the weekend.

Motorbike
    MT09
    Liked
    1569 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Marquez, first rider to ever come through Q1 and take pole in Q2.

Motorbike
    Old Ducati's (trouble) '06 R1 (reliable)
    Liked
    2 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's times like this I get the shits with the "Pedrosa is too light to warm the tyres argument." Another hot track where tyre wear is going to be a major issue so the conditions are tailor made for the wee fella, just like Brno......where he finished 8th. Same goes for qualifying, they can easily nullify the weight "disadvantage" with a few extra litres of go-juice with the tank basically at the bike CoG yet his qualifying has been equally poor. And the start of the race should suit him down to the ground too, with everyone struggling with an extra 20kg's of fuel he should be making hay....instead we hear this argument that he's too light, and I'm thinking "Mate, if an extra 20kg's of fuel isn't fixing that, nothing will."

Apologies for the rant, I've just got the shits with hearing something that doesn't actually make sense to this lil' black duck.
    Likes datsikk liked this post