User Tag List

Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 9 of 58 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 MotoGP, Moto2, Moto3 discussion (spoilers)

Liked
    973 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will be interesting to see what the riders think of Thailand.

Looks like a slightly better Barbs...
    Likes Speed Dealer liked this post

Motorbike
    98 TITANIUM CBR1100XX SUPERBLACKBIRD
    Liked
    1150 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    Except you can actually ride this one?
    #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Phildo View Post
    Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
    Quote Originally Posted by filbert View Post
    i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
    Ozblackbird.net Administrator
    Likes Rhino, QUACKA liked this post

Motorbike
    Liked
    1569 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will be interesting to see what the riders think of Thailand.

I've heard a few say they're not particularly impressed as the conditions will be hot and oppressive like Sepang.

Liked
    973 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sure. But their feelings don't concern me.

I want to know what the track is like.

Motorbike
    Bikeless
    Liked
    20 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    interesting with Marquez contract negotiations leaving options open while dealing with honda, one gp website pointed out KTM with Redbull budget will have the biggest offer on the table that according to sources (unknown) none of the others could match. Yamaha's off the table with Mav signed and Rossi about to. Personally i think if he wins again with Honda this year he may look for a new challenge.

Motorbike
    Doesn't matter, don't ride them anymore anyway.
    Liked
    517 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MotoGP has officially announced seven races on the 2018 world championship will be shortened as part of a “two-year transition” to help television broadcasters and the structure of race day programmes.

MotoGP is aiming to reduce the variation in race duration at each round and with limitations on fuel and engine regulations the governing body the FIM and organisers Dorna are unable to lengthen race distances. As a result seven races have been shortened for 2018.

These include the Americas GP, French GP, Catalan GP, Czech GP and San Marino GP all cut shorter by one lap, while the Spanish GP at Jerez is set to shortened by two laps and the Valencia GP by three laps.

In Moto2 the Americas, French, Catalan, German, Czech, San Marino, Japanese and Malaysian GPs have all been shortened by one lap with the Spanish and Valencia races slashed by two laps in 2018.

Finally, in Moto3 the Americas, Spanish, Catalan, Czech, Aragon, Malaysian and Valencia GPs become one lap shorter and the French GP is shortened by two laps.

In 2019 additional race duration cuts will be made in Moto2 and Moto3 but no further changes will be made to MotoGP.

One final tweak has been made to the MotoGP sporting regulations for the 2018 season regarding red flag procedures. If a red flag is shown after 75% or more of the race distance a result will be declared, extending the previous rule which stood at two-thirds race distance. The change does not apply to Moto2 and Moto3 where the two-thirds race distance rule remains untweaked.

The 2018 MotoGP world championship gets underway at the Losail International Circuit in Qatar on the 16-18 March which kicks off the longest campaign in the sport’s history with the race calendar expanded to 19 rounds with the debut of the Thailand round in early October.
    Increase cost of video pass, then decrease length of races...

Liked
    973 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, but they added a round Dood.

You're getting more, not less.

Motorbike
    Liked
    1569 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by QUACKA View Post
    interesting with Marquez contract negotiations leaving options open while dealing with honda, one gp website pointed out KTM with Redbull budget will have the biggest offer on the table that according to sources (unknown) none of the others could match. Yamaha's off the table with Mav signed and Rossi about to. Personally i think if he wins again with Honda this year he may look for a new challenge.
    However Pierer (KTM racing CEO) ruled out a bid for Honda's reigning four-time MotoGP champion Marc Marquez.

"I'm quite honest: Márquez is such an unique talent, in a league of his own. If he wins, it is Márquez. If he loses, my motorcycle is to blame. Moreover, such a signing would be counterproductive to our junior program, which we have built so carefully."

"If you ask me, I would say: 'Zarco is the only MotoGP rider that I'm seriously considering for 2019'."

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/887...ing-zarco-2019

Liked
    973 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What do you think he would actually say if MM showed up on his doorstep though?

Motorbike
    Bikeless
    Liked
    20 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yep never say never i mean i have always gone for Honda in moto gp would like him to stay it just depends if he gets bored with riding just with one manufacturer...

Motorbike
    Liked
    1569 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps Pedrosa will go to Red Bull? Or Suzuki maybe? Both HRC Vice President Shuhei Nakamoto and HRC team boss Livio Suppo are now gone. I'm not sure new HRC team boss Alberto Puig will be so quick to re-sign Pedrosa. He was his manager up until 2013 when they parted ways over 'a different way of thinking' according to Pedrosa.

Motorbike
    cbr250rr
    Liked
    66 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Dealer View Post
    Perhaps Pedrosa will go to Red Bull? Or Suzuki maybe? Both HRC Vice President Shuhei Nakamoto and HRC team boss Livio Suppo are now gone. I'm not sure new HRC team boss Alberto Puig will be so quick to re-sign Pedrosa. He was his manager up until 2013 when they parted ways over 'a different way of thinking' according to Pedrosa.
    I think Pedrosa keeps his job. There's no obvious replacement for him and he is a great choice for a second rider especially if this years Honda is easier to ride.

Motorbike
    Liked
    1569 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by p4p1 View Post
    I think Pedrosa keeps his job. There's no obvious replacement for him and he is a great choice for a second rider especially if this years Honda is easier to ride.
    I'd be keeping an eye on the talent in Moto2 and the MotoGP rookies like Morbidelli and Luthi. Brad Binder and Alex Marquez put together an alright season last year in Moto2 and will hopefully get better with experience.

I'm just hoping Honda have better luck developing Nakagami and Morbidelli as riders than they did with Miller and Rabat (admitting that the bikes they had at the time weren't great).

Liked
    973 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lorenzo getting a pay cut (from 12m Euro), and Dovi getting a pay bump (from 2m Euro) based on 2017 performance.

Motorbike
    Liked
    1569 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lorenzo getting a pay cut (from 12m Euro), and Dovi getting a pay bump (from 2m Euro) based on 2017 performance.
    Ducati had to beat Yamaha’s offer in 2016. There’s no options at Honda or Yamaha for Jorge so he’s kinda stuck accepting what Ducati offer.

I don’t think he’ll be too upset. Losing on a Ducati is the happiest he’s been in years! Escaping the Rossi show was worth it.

Liked
    973 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed

Liked
    973 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's say they 'dock' him 4 mil and send it Dovi's way.

Still a better environment, and 8 mill in the bank.
    (I don't even know if it would be that much?)

He just needs to watch out that Dovi isn't consistently better.
    He really needs to perform this year.
    Likes Speed Dealer liked this post

Motorbike
    Liked
    1569 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest news.

VINALES
    Maverick Viñales feels the three-day test in Buriram outdoes Sepang as his worst test in Yamaha colours; feels his pace is ‘horrible’.

ZARCO
    Zarco leaves the Thailand test with the second fastest lap time behind Pedrosa.

ROSSI
    "The only manufacturer that was competitive in both tracks was Honda' - Valentino Rossi. The problem is related to the rear tyre. If they use a soft rear tyre, the pace is there, but the tyre is chewed out quickly. If they use a medium or hard tyre, the tyre life is fine but the pace isn't there. It's felt Yamaha have been unable to adapt to the unified software.

LORENZO
    Lorenzo borrowed a GP17 from Petrucci's garage at the Thailand test, unable to be comfortable on either bike and currently looking for a solution in combining GP17 and GP18 parts. Lorenzo only able to be 22nd fastest out of 24 riders on the final day of the test.

MARQUEZ
    The reigning world champion can barely conceal his glee at a performance at the second MotoGP test of 2018 that will likely serve as a warning to his rivals. Marc Marquez declared himself to be “ready” to start the 2018 MotoGP season after a highly successful showing across the three-day test in Thailand where his race pace was unequalled.

Motorbike
    Bikeless
    Liked
    20 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jack Miller also doing well on the ducati. Yes the honda looks very strong there new engine spec doing very well in top speed times as well.

Motorbike
    honda CBR1100xx norton commando 850
    Liked
    85 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rins has been fairly consistent so far, hopefully suzuki will make themselves seen at the front more often