PSB Events Tally

User Tag List

Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 61 to 77 of 77

Thread: Yes Vote Wins SSM Survey.

  1. #61
    Member Sauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    A field with forrests
    Motorbike
    2009 Honda CBR600RR
    Liked
    130 times
    Posts
    777
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryanoceros View Post
    You said people need to change their attitudes, but if you discriminate against someone on the basis of sexuality Iím pretty sure thatís covered under the anti-discrimination act. I donít really understand how it affects anyone outside of what I mentioned with two people getting married. Theyíre not saying you have to use SJW pronouns for everyone (which is stupid), it really is as cut and dry as ďshould gay people be allowed to marry yes/noĒ
    I didn't mention discrimination and I don't really understand how you're connecting what I said to that.

    I think this boils down to different ideas on what "affected" means in the context of the discussion.
    __________________________________________________ ____________
    "No, no. Not Sawyer like the valley. Sour like sweet and sour, only European"

  2. #62
    Member Skut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia, Australia
    Motorbike
    RZ250
    Liked
    2138 times
    Posts
    10,749
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sauer View Post

    I think this boils down to different ideas on what "affected" means in the context of the discussion.
    In the interests of clarification, define how this would affect you? Serious, non-trolling question.
    Likes Tim the PM, Ryanoceros liked this post

  3. #63
    Member Sauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    A field with forrests
    Motorbike
    2009 Honda CBR600RR
    Liked
    130 times
    Posts
    777
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Quote Originally Posted by Skut View Post
    In the interests of clarification, define how this would affect you? Serious, non-trolling question.
    http://www.dictionary.com/browse/affected

    My comment was in context of the community, not just me. Therefore I'm not comfortable providing people the opportunity to weigh my point against my personal stake in it.
    Serious, non-trolling response.
    __________________________________________________ ____________
    "No, no. Not Sawyer like the valley. Sour like sweet and sour, only European"

  4. #64
    Member Ryanoceros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    St Ives retirement village
    Motorbike
    KTM Duke 200
    Liked
    56 times
    Posts
    5,834
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If youíre going to say it affects you, at least humour us and tell us how.. because unless youíre gay I donít see how it will change anything in your life
    Rest in Peace

    #294


    Quote Originally Posted by GreenMeanie View Post
    A note for CM's. Don't be fucking girls. You can pass anything. Just fuckin' "Nail It". Take ya panties off you faggots.

  5. #65
    Member Carltonblues's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Yokine
    Motorbike
    2010 repsol cbr1000r
    Liked
    0 times
    Posts
    193
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AZAZL View Post
    The psychos will want the anti discrimination act changed to a discrimination act. Allowing certain (mostly religious) groups to be able to discriminate against others.

    Which they've already got in the anti discrimination act. They'll want additional changes to be able to continue to discriminate against the pooves.

    The Marriage Act already includes a section allowing the bigots to refuse to marry anyone. A nicely worded clause is that they can conduct marriage ceremonies based on their religious practices. If their religion has a "burn the homos at the stake" clause, they can't be forced to marry them.

    We should have never feared the gays. We should be terrified of these ultraconservative lobby groups that have infiltrated the legislature on all sides of politics.
    Do you fit roman catholics into the above classification, racial, sexual orientation, religious views all have similar villification laws i find mockery of the church wrong and have no problem with no gay maŕriages in the roman catholic church a civil union between to gay people i have no problem with either, lÚonies on both sides burning gays and churches down have no place either in australian society.
    A long held saying in australia is you never argue religion and politics.

  6. #66
    Member Tim the PM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Joondalup
    Motorbike
    Honda CBR1000RR
    Liked
    664 times
    Posts
    3,569
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Carltonblues View Post
    Do you fit roman catholics into the above classification, racial, sexual orientation, religious views all have similar villification laws i find mockery of the church wrong and have no problem with no gay maŕriages in the roman catholic church a civil union between to gay people i have no problem with either, lÚonies on both sides burning gays and churches down have no place either in australian society.
    A long held saying in australia is you never argue religion and politics.
    Apropos of nothing, you don't live in Bunbury do you?

    ETA Ah, looking back at your posts I see I'm not the first to guess haha

  7. #67
    Member AZAZL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Somewhere else
    Motorbike
    Twins
    Liked
    491 times
    Posts
    4,491
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Quote Originally Posted by Carltonblues View Post
    Do you fit roman catholics into the above classification, racial, sexual orientation, religious views all have similar villification laws i find mockery of the church wrong and have no problem with no gay maŕriages in the roman catholic church a civil union between to gay people i have no problem with either, lÚonies on both sides burning gays and churches down have no place either in australian society.
    A long held saying in australia is you never argue religion and politics.
    Long held sayings are sometimes wrong.
    I know some cattleticks that agree with SSM equality and some that do not.

    Some interpret the bible so that homos are an abomination and some don't.

    Some think a man walking on the water is a parable, a morality tale, a metaphor. Then there are those I like to call fundy psychos who think a man literally walked on water, was tortured and died, reanimated as the zombie jeebus then 40 days later levitated into space.

    So, your point re SSM equality is what exactly?

  8. #68
    Member Sauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    A field with forrests
    Motorbike
    2009 Honda CBR600RR
    Liked
    130 times
    Posts
    777
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryanoceros View Post
    If youíre going to say it affects you, at least humour us and tell us how.. because unless youíre gay I donít see how it will change anything in your life
    I didn't say that.

    I said that any changes made will affect more than g&l people to varying degrees (because their place in society may bring them into contact with the outcome of changes).

    Do you disagree with that statement?
    __________________________________________________ ____________
    "No, no. Not Sawyer like the valley. Sour like sweet and sour, only European"

  9. #69
    Member SomeBloke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia, Australia
    Motorbike
    2003 R6 Road bike; 2008 R6 Race bike
    Liked
    154 times
    Posts
    1,232
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Who cares?

    Every day things change... At least now people can do what makes them happy and can do what straight people have been able to do.
    "Life begins at the end of your comfort zone."


  10. #70
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NOR
    Motorbike
    1400GTR 2010, ZX14 09, ZX14R 2012
    Liked
    15 times
    Posts
    404
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim the PM View Post
    Apropos of nothing, you don't live in Bunbury do you?

    ETA Ah, looking back at your posts I see I'm not the first to guess haha
    Every post he makes it more obvious who it is
    FarRider # 159,
    Likes Tim the PM liked this post

  11. #71
    Member Commander Keen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Perth
    Motorbike
    Gen 2 SV650
    Liked
    2501 times
    Posts
    10,047
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sauer View Post
    I didn't say that.

    I said that any changes made will affect more than g&l people to varying degrees (because their place in society may bring them into contact with the outcome of changes).

    Do you disagree with that statement?
    Yes it will affect other people.
    The majority in a positive way. The only people it will affect negatively is people who get cranky about not being able to use the work "Faggot" anymore.

    I'm deliberately excluding churches/religious institutions in this context because they are a waste of space to begin with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Desmo View Post
    Why be a cunt about it?
    Likes Tim the PM liked this post

  12. #72
    Member Para045's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    City of Wanneroo
    Motorbike
    98 TITANIUM CBR1100XX SUPERBLACKBIRD
    Liked
    1150 times
    Posts
    15,237
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chew View Post
    Some one will cry discrimination because a baker wont make their wedding cake or some bullshit but aside from that PR exercise I can see little changing except a boom in the wedding rip off industry.
    Thing I'd like to know is where some idiot got the dumb idea that refusing to make someone a wedding cake is some sort of discrimination? It's a service industry and can make or not make a cake for whoever they want and don't need to give a reason why
    #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Phildo View Post
    Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
    Quote Originally Posted by filbert View Post
    i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

    98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
    Ozblackbird.net Administrator

  13. #73
    Member Prefectionist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The far part of Ellenbrook
    Motorbike
    Doesn't matter, don't ride them anymore anyway.
    Liked
    517 times
    Posts
    1,887
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Para045 View Post
    Thing I'd like to know is where some idiot got the dumb idea that refusing to make someone a wedding cake is some sort of discrimination? It's a service industry and can make or not make a cake for whoever they want and don't need to give a reason why
    Pretty poor business practice to turn away customers as well. But some companies just dont like money it seems. Its not like there aren't more bakeries that'll make a cake.

    I still cant see any possible negative effects SSM can have other than some people getting their panties in a twist because "people are doing something that doesn't effect me in any way."

  14. #74
    Member GsxInShed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Next to the big hole in the economy
    Motorbike
    (TY-250- RD350LC- Gsx 750 esd) Current -Gsx 250 SSM GSX 1100 EFE
    Liked
    304 times
    Posts
    6,632
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Once "the joy" of this wears off.... it'll just be "business as usual" for all concerned.... but a "moment in the Sun" is to be enjoyed....with the focus of attention being on ssm couples.

    Am I wrong in thinking the mailout was just to get a sense of the public impression on the question of ssm....or was it a vote..?
    " Imagination is the seed of life..."

  15. #75
    Member chew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Rivervale
    Liked
    2943 times
    Posts
    13,761
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Quote Originally Posted by Para045 View Post
    Thing I'd like to know is where some idiot got the dumb idea that refusing to make someone a wedding cake is some sort of discrimination? It's a service industry and can make or not make a cake for whoever they want and don't need to give a reason why
    They are called Lawyers and it is about money and getting on the news.
    They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

  16. #76
    Member Morgs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Karrinyup
    Motorbike
    Triumph Sprint ST
    Liked
    368 times
    Posts
    3,055
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Quote Originally Posted by Para045 View Post
    Thing I'd like to know is where some idiot got the dumb idea that refusing to make someone a wedding cake is some sort of discrimination? It's a service industry and can make or not make a cake for whoever they want and don't need to give a reason why
    And while they are at it, why should they be forced to make wedding cakes for blacks, Muslims, Asians or prison officers?

    Whatever happened to those signs "no blacks, no Irish" that used to be displayed outside rental houses? It just isn't the same without a good dose of discrimination.

    /sarcasm font in case anyone missed that
    Adventure before Dementia
    Likes Ryanoceros, Prefectionist liked this post

  17. #77
    Member Para045's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    City of Wanneroo
    Motorbike
    98 TITANIUM CBR1100XX SUPERBLACKBIRD
    Liked
    1150 times
    Posts
    15,237
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prefectionist View Post
    Pretty poor business practice to turn away customers as well.
    Oh for sure, never said it was a smart move business wise just that businesses can and do turn down work for various reasons all the time and don't need to give a reason


    Quote Originally Posted by Morgs View Post
    And while they are at it, why should they be forced to make wedding cakes for blacks, Muslims, Asians or prison officers?
    Completely up to the business if that's how they feel, are you really trying to say a person or business should be compelled to do work they have an objection to doing?
    I have no issue with that
    #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Phildo View Post
    Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
    Quote Originally Posted by filbert View Post
    i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

    98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
    Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •