2138 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thread for interesting shit.

Some cool stuff is still happening.

It may be stroking a Musk boner, but still...

Semi does 0-100 in 5 seconds (unladen)

New Roadster does 0-100 in 1.9 seconds.

Motorbike
    Princess Buttercup & hanging off historic sidecar #9
    Liked
    4010 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are some incredible numbers in that presentation. I just hope the infrastructure we have here allows them to be used to potential.
    10,000 Nm torque from the roadster? That's a silly number... yet the electronics will allow you to use as much as the tyres will allow.
    For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
    For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Motorbike
    RZ250
    Liked
    2138 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Barfridge View Post
    There are some incredible numbers in that presentation. I just hope the infrastructure we have here allows them to be used to potential.
    10,000 Nm torque from the roadster? That's a silly number... yet the electronics will allow you to use as much as the tyres will allow.
    There is a vid (a shitty one) of a dude taken for a launch (AKA test run) which looks like an aircraft carrier catapult take-off - I think they have reached the limits of adhesion and traction control.

The truck should be the real game-changer tho, despite the 0-100 nonsense it seems to be designed completely for purpose.

Skip to 56min

Motorbike
    Princess Buttercup & hanging off historic sidecar #9
    Liked
    4010 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like... woah man!
    For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
    For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/
    Likes Halo_2 liked this post

Motorbike
    Honda CBR500r
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Elonís presentation style leaves a bit to be desired there. It almost seems like heís improvising the speech and has no real idea what he is talking about until he reads the slide...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Motorbike
    None for now.
    Liked
    247 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man... I was so impressed by Tesla... until I actually googled 'tesla battery' and saw it's literally 7,000 AA's in a box. I thought his whole company was 'invented' to make use of new battery technology. I dunno, just seems about as impressive as Ahmed's 'homemade' clock. They can charge fast... that's pretty cool.

I'm in no way taking away from the insane roadster 1.9 second acceleration... if his company doesn't fold before it comes into production, great

Motorbike
    Expensive Espresso Machine
    Liked
    389 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by INTJ View Post
    Man... I was so impressed by Tesla... until I actually googled 'tesla battery' and saw it's literally 7,000 AA's in a box. I thought his whole company was 'invented' to make use of new battery technology. I dunno, just seems about as impressive as Ahmed's 'homemade' clock. They can charge fast... that's pretty cool.

I'm in no way taking away from the insane roadster 1.9 second acceleration... if his company doesn't fold before it comes into production, great
    No battery on the market can surpass tesla specs with his battery standards/life expectancy
    "Some people are like clouds. When they disappear it's a beautiful day"

Motorbike
    None for now.
    Liked
    247 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Halo_2 View Post
    No battery on the market can surpass tesla specs with his battery standards/life expectancy
    But aren't they Panasonic brand? I dunno maybe I crossed my wires with some other DIY video or something

*edited

Motorbike
    Street Triple R. Bye bye bandit :(
    Liked
    126 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep that sth Aussie 100 day or itís free is powering along nicely too.

If we donít see these trucks in Australia by 2025 we must be severely retarded as a nation.
    You can't *burrrp* can't just post, just post anything you feel like morty, you just *burrp* just end up *burrp* end up hurting people's feelings morty I mean how, how would you like it if I said things that offended you morty?

Motorbike
    Liked
    5260 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most modern rechargeable big batteries are like this...

And yes Panasonic make some of the best little batteries that make up these packs...

Motorbike
    The lil tractor that could.
    Liked
    631 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But aren't they Panasonic brand? I dunno maybe I crossed my wires with some other DIY video or something

*edited
    Why focus your efforts on making thousands of sizes of batteries.

Samsung, Panasonic all make top notch cells at a high volume for a great price.

The magic comes into play when you see how they charge, and balance thousands of cells.
    In sterquiliniis invenitur.

Motorbike
    KTM Duke 200, Tryhard Gayowner, and a tractor with sik scooter wheels
    Liked
    56 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Tesla has been going since 2003. Iím sure if there was a time for them to fold, it would be during the GFC. Musk has been investing in diverse Ďfuture technologiesí since the 90s, I think heís the next Bill Gates..
    Rest in Peace

Quote Originally Posted by GreenMeanie View Post
    A note for CM's. Don't be fucking girls. You can pass anything. Just fuckin' "Nail It". Take ya panties off you faggots.

Motorbike
    Street Triple R. Bye bye bandit :(
    Liked
    126 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    315 us per share and a market cap of 52 billion, this is an inconvenient truth we needed to have. Spacex explosions are now only on youboob and I for one am looking forward to this blokes next ten years of innovation.

Just hope he gets there before an ai gets him. Joke - not joking
    You can't *burrrp* can't just post, just post anything you feel like morty, you just *burrp* just end up *burrp* end up hurting people's feelings morty I mean how, how would you like it if I said things that offended you morty?

Motorbike
    None for now.
    Liked
    247 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryanoceros View Post
    Tesla has been going since 2003. Iím sure if there was a time for them to fold, it would be during the GFC. Musk has been investing in diverse Ďfuture technologiesí since the 90s, I think heís the next Bill Gates..
    1) take deposits for 300,000 products
    2) don't deliver them
    3) haemorrhage the deposits

Nah, gfc was negligible. What's happening now is the worry. Bitcoin may be the more sensible bet.

I'm not anti tesla... Beautiful cars, great ideals, just seems like a clumsy management... But it's working

Motorbike
    ZX10R, DRZ400SM
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im now on the verge of hating tesla, truck seems to be a money grabbing scheme and since the model 3's now have a massive delay there is no way he could ever get you one in 2 years if you pay a deposit

and what truck needs a accelerating speed that quick? think of the loads

he has the skills to produce money to pay the bills but not much else i think, anyone catch the ramblngs in rolling stone?

Elon Musk and Julian Assange now on my shit list lol
    Hoonaholics Garage

"Itís not going to judge you like a fucking Volkswagen would."

Motorbike
    Twins
    Liked
    491 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah smart rich cnut. Good on him and all that.

the vid has this whoo hoo yeah you go boy audience participation thing that leaps irritating.
    Politics is the entertainment branch of industry.

Motorbike
    Liked
    389 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1) take deposits for 300,000 products
    2) don't deliver them
    3) haemorrhage the deposits

I'm not anti tesla... Beautiful cars, great ideals, just seems like a clumsy management... But it's working
    Chicken and egg scenario, only 14% of the Gigafactory is built with 1,800 model 3 reservation added per day. The whole world wants a cheaper to run vehicle biggest problem is the lack of charging stations.

Its taken over a 100 years to setup the automobile industry, tesla corporation has alot to do in a short amount of time.

Nah, gfc was negligible. What's happening now is the worry. Bitcoin may be the more sensible bet.
    The richest people/companies saying bitcoin is a scam etc. a lot of people have made and lost alot of money with bitcoin, I would take a punt but wouldn't be transferring all my money. Definitely interesting times ahead trillions of dollars owed in debt, ageing population, world property bubbles, house price to income level at extraordinary highs, stagnate wages, high unemployment, perpetual growth can't go on forever.

7m45s

Motorbike
    RZ250
    Liked
    2138 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillz View Post

Julian Assange. Massive troll, profits from notoriety and exploits leaks for notoriety.

Elon Musk. PayPal, Tesla, SpaceX, re-powered hospitals in Puerto Rico with solar and battery.

"Has the skills to produce money to pay the bills but not much else..."

Yup, those two have so much in common.

Regardless what you may think of Musk (and Tesla is dealing with a number of issues, some of which may be real, some perhaps sabotage by interests wanting them to fail - ie look at all the shorters in the market trying desperately to bring them down) he is a legit self-made billionaire who could easily devote his time and money towards easier returns, but instead pushes the boundaries and has so far beaten every challenge and achieved every goal (albeit with some major time-scale issues). He actually teared up in an interview when asked how he felt about some Apollo astronauts arguing against SpaceX getting government contracts as they were his childhood heroes.

He's a sci-fi geek with the means to make the crazy shit happen because he wants to make it happen, not some cynical tech selling you a new iPhone so you can share some more cat memes and dinner plate pics on instagram.
    Last edited by Skut; 20-11-2017 at 09:35 AM.
    Likes Ryanoceros liked this post

Motorbike
    Liked
    389 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skut View Post
    Regardless what you may think of Musk (and Tesla is dealing with a number of issues, some of which may be real, some perhaps sabotage by interests wanting them to fail - ie look at all the shorters in the market trying desperately to bring them down)
    Thats why

Motorbike
    KTM Duke 200, Tryhard Gayowner, and a tractor with sik scooter wheels
    Liked
    56 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillz View Post
    im now on the verge of hating tesla, truck seems to be a money grabbing scheme and since the model 3's now have a massive delay there is no way he could ever get you one in 2 years if you pay a deposit

and what truck needs a accelerating speed that quick? think of the loads

he has the skills to produce money to pay the bills but not much else i think, anyone catch the ramblngs in rolling stone?

You donít like Tesla because his technology is too good ? I guess people laughed at Henry Ford when he started making cars, because instead of a Ďcarí they wanted a faster horse. The point is that the truck can accelerate faster using electricity than any ICE to date, itís a huge leap for transport. I donít honestly see how anything heís done is bad..
    Rest in Peace

Quote Originally Posted by GreenMeanie View Post
    A note for CM's. Don't be fucking girls. You can pass anything. Just fuckin' "Nail It". Take ya panties off you faggots.