Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question PDA Cannington test routes.

Hiya everyone, I am taking my son for his R-N test in Cannington in march (on his birthday) and to make sure he 100% passes his test, I want to make him familiar with the test areas in Cannington. Does anyone remember their test routes or street names?

I have been taking him to Cannington and just riding around the licensing center, but it big place and there are a lot of back streets. Any ideas or hints are welcome.

Thanks

Chris

Motorbike
    Gpx 250 suzuki bandit 1250
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    preety sure the road used for the O-turn and E-stop is bickley rd just off streatham st. in between streatham st and chevening place. nice and narrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paraletic View Post
    little end bearing. best describes as the sound of 'A little black man with a hammer in your engine'. big end sounds like a bigger black man...

Motorbike
    KTM Duke 200
    Liked
    56 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I got taken around the back streets, I think benny D named most of them. My test was about 10 minutes total, so we didnít stray far from the nest. Iím not sure what RN is like, but for both RE and R they take you on Albany highway.
    Rest in Peace

Quote Originally Posted by GreenMeanie View Post
    A note for CM's. Don't be fucking girls. You can pass anything. Just fuckin' "Nail It". Take ya panties off you faggots.

Motorbike
    Yamaha YZF - R3
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did both RE and R there and both were different routes with a few of the same roads thrown in. I canít remember most roads exactly.

Figure Oís and emergency braking were in Carcoo Ct for RE.

Practice in this street and youíll be fine, familiarise yourselves with the area too as thereís schools, level crossings etc. around that youíre bound to go through which may catch you out if your nervous and donít know the area.

I like Cannington, had the same assessor both times and heís pretty laid back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Motorbike
    Z800
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had my RE test at Cannington, If you want to be confident with the route might pay to pay for a lesson. I did a few lessons with a guy called Sean that operates out of cannington motorcycles, it was a few years back now not sure if he still does this but im sure there are plenty of others. I remember the route was exactly as he had shown me on one of my lessons (I cant remember where now but remember that it was the same).

I dont remember the road, But where I did my O turns was under a Gumtree with loads of Honky nuts. Freaked me out at the time! I should of just ridden 20m further up the road. I passed my test, but something to be aware of, not to be afraid to move where the assessor tells you to do something if you think its not safe. Thats what he told me when we got back to the licensing department.

Motorbike
    cbr125r
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everyone, I have been using a narrow road (5.5m) for O turns and random streets for controlled braking. I'll scope out all the areas and streets everyone mentioned.

I might get a few payed lessons in the final weeks, just to make sure he is perfect.

Thanks again.

Motorbike
    GSXR 1000 racer -Triumph Speed Triple 1050-Yamaha BeeWee -Suzuki 1250 Bandit.
    Liked
    26 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If he's capable of riding to the standard he can do the assessment anywhere.
    BUT...If you're concerned about the assessment routes you definitely need an instructor.
    Likes westy74 liked this post

Motorbike
    Kawasaki Ninja 300
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi

I just had my test this morning in Cannington and the route I took was along William St, then left onto Sevenoaks St, left onto Stockman Way, and left to Derisleigh St which is where I did my O-turns and emergency braking. After that, I think I took Hamilton St to Albany Hwy, then straight back to the licensing centre.

Just note that there are some roadworks currently on Sevenoaks St just past Wharf St, so will need to slow down to 40km/hr.

Hope this is of some help!

Ed