MT09
    Liked
    317 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Over time several occasions...I dont keep note of when and where I tend to remember because of all the reports of cyclists getting a raw deal.

The shared footpaths are my biggest complaint....only one cyclist has ever shown any courtesy to me and my dog...in a two year period....how many who haven't? I have no idea other than 99%...and that is no exaggeration! The same applies to many on the roads.
    Smoke me a kipper...I'll be home in time for breakfast

Motorbike
    Raj
    Liked
    901 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chew View Post
    Because the freeway has a minimum speed.

Not many can maintain their pushie speed at 80kmh.

You are a professional driver, right?

https://www.transport.wa.gov.au/medi...eSafeFullC.pdf
    So what has a minimum speed got to with it?
    Whatís the minimum speed on an open road of 110kph?

There is no bloody logic to the bullshit rules at all.
    It is just bullshit. Absolute shit!

- - - Updated - - -

Are you going to answer for SomeBloke as well chew?
    Why does he take the route he doesnít need to slow or stop for something like lights or pedestrians?

That answers the whole argument entirely.

Motorbike
    2003 R6 Road bike; 2008 R6 Race bike
    Liked
    154 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I listed a bunch of reasons on the previous page...? I stop for traffic lights but if I cycle in the cycle lane, those wanting to turn onto the road, give way to me just like any other car, whereas if I were on the path, I have to stop and give way to the car. I don't fully understand your statement GM...

The best reason for not having bikes on a freeway, is simply there is zero need because a suitable and appropriate alternative is available, the PSP. having a PSP for every other road is not viable.
    "Life begins at the end of your comfort zone."

Motorbike
    push bike
    Liked
    6 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenMeanie View Post
    Why does he take the route he doesnít need to slow or stop for something like lights or pedestrians?
    Because its convenient, and he's legally entitled to.

Im not sure what point your trying to make about the 1m law and freeways though?

Are you trying to say because bicycles cant be on freeways then they shouldnt be on normal roads?
    Likes SomeBloke liked this post

Motorbike
    Raj
    Liked
    901 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jaseyjase View Post
    Because its convenient, and he's legally entitled to.

Im not sure what point your trying to make about the 1m law and freeways though?

Are you trying to say because bicycles cant be on freeways then they shouldnt be on normal roads?
    They are on normal roads. Always have been.

Liked
    2943 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So what has a minimum speed got to with it?
    Whatís the minimum speed on an open road of 110kph?

There is no bloody logic to the bullshit rules at all.
    It is just bullshit. Absolute shit!
    It is all in the name and the law. You know the law right? They use that to try and prevent anarchy.
    Anyway for those watching at home and other "professional" drivers;
    On a "Freeway" the minimum speed unless congested is 20kmh below the maximum limit. (Obviously this does not seem to apply to truck and heavy machinery drivers, who own the road)
    On a "Highway" there is no minimum limit but if it is a dual carriageway with a posted limit of 90kmh or above and you are doing under 90, you must keep left.

Now, out in the bush for example where there are roads or highways with farmers moving machinery etc a minimum would be a bit silly so they do not have one but you can be booked for careless, reckless or dangerous driving if you want to be a dickhead.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you going to answer for SomeBloke as well chew?

That answers the whole argument entirely.
    The rest of your post made no sense to me and sounded totally deranged so I ignored it and the responses.

I am sure SomeBloke can respond for himself.

How do you do that "mention" caper anyway, it would be useful for some of my sarcastic responses I occasionally put out there?
    They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Motorbike
    Raj
    Liked
    901 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is all in the name and the law. You know the law right? They use that to try and prevent anarchy.
    Anyway for those watching at home and other "professional" drivers;
    On a "Freeway" the minimum speed unless congested is 20kmh below the maximum limit. (Obviously this does not seem to apply to truck and heavy machinery drivers, who own the road)
    On a "Highway" there is no minimum limit but if it is a dual carriageway with a posted limit of 90kmh or above and you are doing under 90, you must keep left.

Now, out in the bush for example where there are roads or highways with farmers moving machinery etc a minimum would be a bit silly so they do not have one but you can be booked for careless, reckless or dangerous driving if you want to be a dickhead.

The rest of your post made no sense to me and sounded totally deranged so I ignored it and the responses.

I am sure SomeBloke can respond for himself.

How do you do that "mention" caper anyway, it would be useful for some of my sarcastic responses I occasionally put out there?

Exactly. It is Total bullshit!
    Laws arenít just. They donít make things right either.
    The laws will not make any difference other than cyclists will become targets.
    As simple as that.
    Whether it is right or wrong. They will be targets.

Liked
    2943 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exactly. It is Total bullshit!
    Laws arenít just. They donít make things right either.
    The laws will not make any difference other than cyclists will become targets.
    As simple as that.
    Whether it is right or wrong. They will be targets.
    Never said it was just.

You advocate tractors, livestock and pushies on the freeway then?

Actually don't bother ranting again, I fear for your blood pressure, though no doubt you will.
    They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Motorbike
    Raj
    Liked
    901 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never said it was just.

You advocate tractors, livestock and pushies on the freeway then?

Actually don't bother ranting again, I fear for your blood pressure, though no doubt you will.
    Whoís ranting? Who has high blood pressure?
    Purely facts.
    It would appear the majority find the law absurd.
    It will off er extra protection realistically.
    Most cyclists arenít going to put their lives at risk because a law will protect them.
    Some cyclists will milk it for all its worth and become the shit Big Boys Truck Wash cleans out between the duals.
    It is that splat, blast and dry.

Motorbike
    98 TITANIUM CBR1100XX SUPERBLACKBIRD
    Liked
    1150 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillz View Post
    like a saw one this morning down clayton st in midland, there is a clear cycle lane on both sides, but this guy still had to ride in the middle of the road
    Yep there are quite a few of those fucksticks out there and this law has just emboldened them to be even bigger cunts

Quote Originally Posted by AZAZL View Post
    Truck was a metre from the white line. She was wobbling all over the place. Triathlete?
    +1 She broke the law by crossing a solid line dividing the lanes Oh sorry forgot cyclists don't have to comply with road rules

She was the dumb bitch that reduced the gap and nearly got cleaned up by not being aware of here surroundings

Quote Originally Posted by SomeBloke View Post
    Regardless of if she was wrong or right, did the truck driver really have to be a dick and get so close? Would the truck driver still have come so close if that was his wife or daughter on the bike?
    He wouldn't have been close at all if the stupid slut hadn't swerved out of the cycle lane across a solid line without any indication into the path of the truck travelling perfectly legally in his lane He did well IMO to be able to move over to the right hand side of the lane and give her as much room as he did, if there had been traffic in the right lane it could have been interesting Those cycle lanes are not really big enough to have 2 bikes side by side and be safe IMO

Quote Originally Posted by AZAZL View Post
    Yes, we dont want to run people over but you need to look at the vid again. Not 'inches' at all. The truck was definitely more than a metre away until she swerved out of her lane without even a headcheck before she did it.

The truck had even crossed the centre to avoid it.

Was this all a setup by cyclenazis?

DO I need my Alihat?
    +1 Headline should be changed from
    Perth cyclistís close encounter with a truck caught on camera
    to
    Aware truck driver skillfully avoids dozy bitch on pushbike caught on camera
    #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Phildo View Post
    Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
    Quote Originally Posted by filbert View Post
    i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
    Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Motorbike
    (TY-250- RD350LC- Gsx 750 esd) Current -Gsx 250 SSM GSX 1100 EFE
    Liked
    304 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

might I add... In some cases ( QLD ) cyclist encroached on vehicle lane expecting to be given right of way..and ended up on the bonnet..

( yes it was staged: some fukkers will do anything for 15 sec s of fame/infamy ) to the detriment of the riding group...

again motorists are the scapegoats for fools with 'action cams.'

Just as GM has said....it won't take long before the haters will make some bad decisions regarding cyclists. ending in .......

Just as some zealot cyclists will push the 'law' down the throats of cagers...... I know who'll win there ...too.

as an aside ... anyone else just see another revenue stream for the cops..?

nah fuk it! mandatory training licence and rego for cyclists if they want to use the road...
    " Imagination is the seed of life..."

Motorbike
    Liked
    154 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @para45
    She seemed to be traveling that same way (side by side) for quite a while, if the truck driver could not think that far enough ahead to plan to give safe room, then he should think twice about being on the roads. If it were someone riding a put put 50cc scooter following the white line, would the trucky still only give just a meter?

as for swerving, looks like she moved less than her handlebar width, tiny swerve...

Motorbike
    Raj
    Liked
    901 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @para45
    She seemed to be traveling that same way (side by side) for quite a while, if the truck driver could not think that far enough ahead to plan to give safe room, then he should think twice about being on the roads. If it were someone riding a put put 50cc scooter following the white line, would the trucky still only give just a meter?

as for swerving, looks like she moved less than her handlebar width, tiny swerve...
    Gosh. And that is all it takes to be over the centre line with a triple. So that is fine? The on coming vehicle was in the wrong in that case?

- - - Updated - - -

It was only a little wiggle so letís not worry.

Motorbike
    Liked
    154 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you read the first part of my post or watch the video? Driver had a long time to plan a safe pass. Her swerve was tiny, the width of the line and barely affected the situation..

Motorbike
    Raj
    Liked
    901 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you read the first part of my post or watch the video? Driver had a long time to plan a safe pass. Her swerve was tiny, the width of the line and barely affected the situation..
    ďBarely affectedĒ.

The Ďbike laneí is wider in comparison for a single file bicycle than a standard width lane is for a Heavy Vehicle.

The answer is to widen roads so a 1.5m painted medium strip can be painted between a bike lane and the traffic lane?

Have you any idea how close the mirrors of Heavy Vehicles are when they pass on the Minilya/Nanitarra section?
    Barely affected was a side swipe. And thankfully when most of the Nortern Hwy was that width as Std the road had drivers on it.

If the riders were so concerned for their safety the road verge, you know, the stuff with a little grass on it was able to be used. Nothing like looking after #1 than relying on somebloke to do it for you.

Motorbike
    Raj
    Liked
    901 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As unbelievable as it sounds, if I am driving an in gauge triple grossing say 130t and an Oversize load is coming in the opposite direction, I pull up and move off the road. It doesnít matter the Oversize only weighs 8t. Oversize have the right of way.
    Why?
    They are bigger as in width.

Motorbike
    Favourite one
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cars hold up traffic.

Hi all.
    New on here, so gidday.
    My few words, agree or disagree, coz thatís what the internetís for ;-)

That itís seen fit that thereís a need to put such a law in place is a sad reflection of the situational awareness of Perth Drivers.
    Itís the same as the 40kph zone for schools. It should all be covered in one overriding statement by authorities that says be situationally aware, and donít be a dick.
    See a pushbike, donít squeeze it into a situation where theyíre jammed up with no room to move for a drain, debris or other crap thatís found on the gutter of the road.
    Same as when you kiddies bouncing out of school. Consider that they may be more thinking of the ice cream waiting at home than traffic, and drive accordingly.
    That we need laws for these, and other Ďnormalí situations, just says we somehow are being overrun by fools and/or dicks.

As to the angst. Bunched panties over pushbikes on the road, especially from the motorcycling community, does my head in.
    Fuck, if youíre in the cage, look out the windscreen and youíll see whatís really holding up the traffic. hint: it weighs around couple of thousand kilos, takes up a whole lane, often carrying a single person, and can easily fuck you good and proper if youíre on a motorcycle or a pushbike.
    And if youíre finding yourself overtaking the same same pushy at each set of lights, then whereís the logic that they are somehow slower than you, or slowing your commute?
    Theyíre making the same progress as you. And to top it off, theyíre constantly checking the situation so as not to get wiped out, unlike the cage next to you whoís probably texting, pulling fluff from their navel, or whatever the fuck other important distractions people seem to find to do when sitting behind the wheel.
    Think about that, as a motorcyclist, when it comes to who deserves your attention / angst.

Cars hold up traffic. Itís an undeniable truth.
    Cars can proper fuck you up.

Cyclists, might not be you, but that fact donít make them the enemy. Thatís just the herd mentality kicking in. ;-)

Cheers
    Last edited by Swagman; 13-01-2018 at 04:26 PM. Reason: Coz
    Likes SomeBloke, Thomas Peel, pnork, keys liked this post
    Dislikes vickj, Para045 disliked this post

Motorbike
    Street Triple R
    Liked
    2 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who has the new fakey?
    Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via
    For The Tenacious, No Road Is Impassable

Motorbike
    (TY-250- RD350LC- Gsx 750 esd) Current -Gsx 250 SSM GSX 1100 EFE
    Liked
    304 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by STRIPR View Post
    Who has the new fakey?
    It's a fkn rippa ... hey!!!

More VB there Swagdude...!! "All over the place.."

It's LILBONER .....amidooinitrite?
    " Imagination is the seed of life..."

Motorbike
    Twin
    Liked
    122 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GsxInShed View Post
    It's LILBONER .....amidooinitrite?
    Yes, you're doing it right, but nah, it's not lilboner - the post is written too clearly, and too easy to understand. Oh, and no constant reminiscing.