0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rider Down - Albany

Motorcyclist Killed in Albany sadly.

I used to go through the roundabout and surrounding streets where this all the time when I lived there. Had so many close calls. So sad to hear.

https://thewest.com.au/news/regional...-ng-b88697852z

Motorbike
    2 x R1's
    Liked
    646 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have a few friends and family that ride down there. Not a great beginning to the festive season
    Sponsored by:

Aussiesportsbikegear.com.au, AARK Suspension & Tuning, YAMALUBE
    Likes ScoobyNoob liked this post

Motorbike
    Kawasaki 750 Turbo
    Liked
    7 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the rescue chopper has just departed to another bike accident - destination unknown

Motorbike
    98 TITANIUM CBR1100XX SUPERBLACKBIRD
    Liked
    1150 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So another rider killed by some dozy cunt not looking before pulling out They'll probably just get a slap on the wrist and told not to do it again

RIP rider

Perth motorcyclist dies after crash in Albany

Chris Leitch, PerthNow
    December 22, 2017 9:28AM

A SOUTHERN River motorcyclist has died after colliding with a car as it exited from a car park in Albany.

The rider, a 65-year-old man, was travelling on a Harley Davidson motorcycle alongside a 51-year-old man also on a Harley Davidson bike.

The crash occurred as a blue 2012 Holden Cruze hatchback, driven by a 19-year-old woman, was coming out of a car park onto Hanrahan Road.

The two motorcycles travelling along Hanrahan Road took evasive action to avoid the car but the 65-year old’s man collided with the car.

He was taken to Albany Hospital but he died from his injuries a short time later.

The 51-year-old man and the 19-year-old driver were not injured in the crash.

Anyone who saw the crash or has any information should call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or online at www.crimestopperswa.com.au

As of Wednesday December 20, 150 people have died on WA roads this year, compared to 191 at the same time in 2016.
    #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Phildo View Post
    Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
    Quote Originally Posted by filbert View Post
    i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
    Ozblackbird.net Administrator
    Likes DB-C50 liked this post

Motorbike
    '13 CBR 500, '10 Ninja two fiddy
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Para045 View Post
    So another rider killed by some dozy cunt not looking before pulling out They'll probably just get a slap on the wrist and told not to do it again

RIP rider
    ... And they'll have to live with the fact that their negligence killed someone. So many people don't get the concept that when you're on the road other peoples safety depends on you, ugh complacent car drivers.

Motorbike
    (TY-250- RD350LC- Gsx 750 esd) Current -Gsx 250 SSM GSX 1100 EFE
    Liked
    304 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyNoob View Post
    ... And they'll have to live with the fact that their negligence killed someone. So many people don't get the concept that when you're on the road other peoples safety depends on you, ugh complacent car drivers.
    That's not enough... 19 yo.. so what ......If that driver had been instructed to drive a motor vehicle.....this would not have happened.

A fitting punishment ( note the spelling..? punitive mm? ) is to have her spend 5 years teaching her peers the danger of inattention and the lack of skills that led to this.....incident..

that will do little to ease the hurt that is felt by those the rider has left behind.

What it will do in some small part , maybe is to ease the pain she feels .. and give a positive to the life of a rider lost.

Maybe it's time the lacklustre road safety authority took a hard look at the statistics and look behind them to see exactly why we have so many road deaths ... you''ll note the causes have changed... yet the results are the same.

2c
    " Imagination is the seed of life..."

Liked
    2943 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you ever driven in Albany?

The local sport is pulling out in front of oncoming traffic.

Seriously if you are down there, be on full alert as they do totally abstract crazy shit constantly.

R.I.P. Rider.
    They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Motorbike
    Street Triple R. Bye bye bandit :(
    Liked
    126 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sad to read. Could be a whole host of reasons for the accident. For me exits to car parks are maim and kill zones so either avoid or take more care if that's possible.

Don't know the road but the low slung cruisers are easily masked by road veggies that councils love to plant.
    You can't *burrrp* can't just post, just post anything you feel like morty, you just *burrp* just end up *burrp* end up hurting people's feelings morty I mean how, how would you like it if I said things that offended you morty?
    Likes Crim liked this post

Motorbike
    Gsx750f, 1980 gs1000s st race bike.
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Nudge View Post
    Sad to read. Could be a whole host of reasons for the accident. For me exits to car parks are maim and kill zones so either avoid or take more care if that's possible.

Don't know the road but the low slung cruisers are easily masked by road veggies that councils love to plant.
    I agree nudge i can't understand why they obscure roundabouts with tall vegetation in the center, my bet is as traffic calming by slowing your entry speed.

Around shopping centers etc proceed with caution for sure and sadly riders over 50 such as myself and harley's don't react to quickly you just have to rely on experience.

Rip old rider.

Motorbike
    Crims
    Liked
    33 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nudge View Post

Very true about cruisers, had a guy seemingly come from nowhere on whilst doing a right turn in Maylands recently.

Liked
    42 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Expect the unexpected.....
    ''It's not how many times we go down,but the amount of times we get back up''
    Likes N/A liked this post

Motorbike
    2007 RSV1000R Factory. 2012 ZX10RR Endurance Special.
    Liked
    3663 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyNoob View Post

Doubt it...

Probably already blogged, snapchatted and instagrammed "Damn motorcyclist hit my car and dented it, luckily I'm ok. #yolo , #blessed "
    Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"
    Likes Para045, N/A, GreenMeanie liked this post