Liked
    130 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Speeding fine from a front facer

So I was tootling along on a suburban road and I saw a suspicious looking white van.
    No problem thinks I. After all it's a front facing camera if anything and I'm on my bike, so no front plate. As I approach it flashes. Ha! Suckers!

Nope! Got an infringement today.

The photos are clearly from a front facing camera, the one with the speed on it is taken from the front of the bike.
    The one of the plate (I'm not sure how they even got this, there was only one flash and I was looking for a rear facer after the car) is just the plate.

So, be aware I guess, you can get snapped by a front facing camera...
    Quote Originally Posted by mekon
    Why are pirates called pirates?
    Because they Arrrrrr

Banned User
    Motorbike
    Gsx750f, 1980 gs1000s st race bike.
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeL View Post
    So I was tootling along on a suburban road and I saw a suspicious looking white van.
    No problem thinks I. After all it's a front facing camera if anything and I'm on my bike, so no front plate. As I approach it flashes. Ha! Suckers!

The photos are clearly from a front facing camera, the one with the speed on it is taken from the front of the bike.
    The one of the plate (I'm not sure how they even got this, there was only one flash and I was looking for a rear facer after the car) is just the plate.

Those vans are on old mandurah rd baldivis all the time they appear to have camera's at both ends, the latest idea is to park the van or x trail in a rd thats very inaccessible and walk through the bush 50 or so meters and place the camera in an obscure place they do this on safety bay rd baldivis you wont see the vehicle or the camera unless you are driving in the back streets, they are everywhere around here lately.

Sorry to hear you got booked i hope you have plenty of points left to cover it, i have changed my attitude to speed cameras since they have adopted these new techniques, far better to have them visible as a deterrent than as a hidden atm machine by stealth using them in this way purely for revenue.

Motorbike
    Kawasaki Ninja
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ahh shit. I went through a forward faced a few days ago a bit over the limit and got flashed. Laughed it off as per you did. Canít afford too many more....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Motorbike
    Twin
    Liked
    122 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I think there's a bit more to it - it may have been a FF & a RF linked together, as they can do with the poliscans. If it was purely a front facing camera, well.. you know where I'm going with this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gippo
    cuntoxly

Motorbike
    Triumph Trident
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pnork View Post
    Yeah, I think there's a bit more to it - it may have been a FF & a RF linked together, as they can do with the poliscans. If it was purely a front facing camera, well.. you know where I'm going with this.
    You can bet the knobs have done their homework on this in anticipation of a defended hearing...
    The only thing wrong with a perfect ride to work is that you end up at work.
    G T

Motorbike
    GL1800 Loungechair
    Liked
    86 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you will find this is a new Janoptik camera, they have the main unit in the rear of the vans and another camera out the side window.

You are not the first to be snapped by these :-( When done I just shrug it off and think of all the times I have not been done doing warp speed which would have surely seen bike and licence long gone :-)

I hear the Poliscans are being dropped in favor of the Janoptik units :-(

Motorbike
    (TY-250- RD350LC- Gsx 750 esd) Current -Gsx 250 SSM GSX 1100 EFE
    Liked
    304 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to their website...Janoptik "is the latest in stationary and mobile infringement detection.... from Germany.."

"can be used in multi-lane situations... with laser tracking that can automatically assign the infringement to the specific vehicle.."

Woo hoo accuracy at last... Oh Wai....;-]
    " Imagination is the seed of life..."

Motorbike
    Aprilia SXV550, KTM250EXC-F & Kawasaki Balius
    Liked
    3434 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post

When?
    One owner. Only driven gently on Sundays. Sold to best offer. First to see will buy. Reward offered for safe return. Coming soon to a cinema near you. Available for a limited time only.

My waterbed broke this morning. Oh, I don't have a waterbed. Bugger.

Motorbike
    Ducati 899 Panigale, Honda CBR250RR
    Liked
    130 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    I think you will find this is a new Janoptik camera, they have the main unit in the rear of the vans and another camera out the side window.

You are not the first to be snapped by these :-( When done I just shrug it off and think of all the times I have not been done doing warp speed which would have surely seen bike and licence long gone :-)

Yeah I think you are probably right. The plate photo seems to have been taken at an acute angle, which would be consistent with the side window of the van.
    I'm more annoyed with myself than anything, I could have easily avoided the fine, I saw the van from miles back but just thought 'front facer, no worries' :-(
    Because they Arrrrrr
    Likes Gim liked this post

Motorbike
    -
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...The plate photo seems to have been taken at an acute angle, which would be consistent with the side window of the van... (
    Probably explains the recent emphasis on obscured and tampered plates.... don't want their fancy new tech that the taxpayers they just paid for being immediately outdone.

Motorbike
    Liked
    130 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do wonder how they connect the two photos from an evidentiary point of view.
    Normally you get a single photo with all the details of when, where, what speed you were doing at that instant etc on it with your plate in the photo.
    But this was a separate photo of the plate, taken from a different angle at a different time. The photo with all the details has nothing to identify the bike. Theoretically the photo of the plate could have been taken any time and need not even be the same bike.
    Not that I really care that much, just curious about the technicalities.
    Because they Arrrrrr

Banned User
    Motorbike
    Gsx750f, 1980 gs1000s st race bike.
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gim View Post
    Ahh shit. I went through a forward faced a few days ago a bit over the limit and got flashed. Laughed it off as per you did. Canít afford too many more....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Why would you risk accruing more points if you stay out of the metropolitan area 50 kays or more there are thousands of roads to go fast on ,everybody wants to use the same roads all the time, a road is a road to me and i am finding more every day.
    Try the quindanning road for a change or other's no radars and no where to hide them and bend after bend.
    This is just a suggestion an alternative to looking for these cameras all the time.
    Likes Irish liked this post

Motorbike
    Kawasaki Ninja
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by llbuono View Post
    Why would you risk accruing more points if you stay out of the metropolitan area 50 kays or more there are thousands of roads to go fast on ,everybody wants to use the same roads all the time, a road is a road to me and i am finding more every day.
    Try the quindanning road for a change or other's no radars and no where to hide them and bend after bend.
    This is just a suggestion an alternative to looking for these cameras all the time.
    I do on my real bike but got hit by the camera at work....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes llbuono liked this post

Motorbike
    Liked
    130 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by llbuono View Post
    Well I was traveling from Canning Vale to Cannington because I had stuff to do in Cannington.
    I could have taken Quindanning Road as you suggest, but it would be a bit out of the way and I would have been late for the stuff I needed to do.
    Because they Arrrrrr
    Likes Tim the PM liked this post

Motorbike
    V2
    Liked
    14 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like there will be 81 of these Jenoptiks.

https://www.jenoptik.com/press/press...r-in-australia

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Motorbike
    2015 MT07 2012 FZ8n
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wonder how the V1's will go up against the Jenoptik?

Motorbike
    2006 Suzuki GSX1400, 2008 Suzuki SV650
    Liked
    833 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dispute it.
    All I've got and more for #294...RIP Chris Adley
    #158...RIP James Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanoceros View Post
    Wooohoo !! Fucking 10/10 ride. Cheers for that Aari, you really conditioned my sphincter

Motorbike
    Liked
    130 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by =Maz= View Post
    Dispute it.
    Nah, if there's some technical legal loophole I'd rather leave it open for some poor bastard who really needs it.
    If I dispute it, in the (extremely unlikely) case that I win, whatever loophole there is will be closed pretty quick.
    Pretty sure they will have it covered anyway.
    Because they Arrrrrr
    Likes =Maz= liked this post

Motorbike
    KTM Duke 200, Tryhard Gayowner, and a tractor with sik scooter wheels
    Liked
    56 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Nah, if there's some technical legal loophole I'd rather leave it open for some poor bastard who really needs it.
    If I dispute it, in the (extremely unlikely) case that I win, whatever loophole there is will be closed pretty quick.
    Pretty sure they will have it covered anyway.
    There are two things you can always bet on with humans: greed and stupidity. The useless cunts will find some way to let people get away with stuff, as only the truly incompetent could lose a police notebook or fail to identify someone
    Rest in Peace

Quote Originally Posted by GreenMeanie View Post
    A note for CM's. Don't be fucking girls. You can pass anything. Just fuckin' "Nail It". Take ya panties off you faggots.

Motorbike
    Liked
    130 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryanoceros View Post
    There are two things you can always bet on with humans: greed and stupidity. The useless cunts will find some way to let people get away with stuff, as only the truly incompetent could lose a police notebook or fail to identify someone
    Yeah, but like I said, I'd rather leave any possible loophole for someone who really needs it, which in this case is not me.
    Because they Arrrrrr
    Likes Ryanoceros liked this post