Liked
    2943 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by llbuono View Post
    Those bananas i presume you mean katanas are only average certainly not pristine they are original however ,i only seen one katana and the 1985 gsxr750 from memory there the other day.
    The price on the katana is overboard in my view six months ago a guy in my street bought a brand new 2016 blue gsxr1000 in the crate from the local Suzuki dealer for $15,000 ,who would pay $14,000 to $16,000 for a 1981 bike ,i really don't know who is setting the prices on bikes these day's, if it was $3000.00 to 5,000.00 maximum what i reckon they are worth i would have bought it off them the other day myself.

They were only around 3,500.00 in 1981 brand new.
    Ford XY shakers were about that price when they came out as well. Try and buy one now for under $50k.

Like the bananas, not a daily ride but a "collectable". Could be worth buying one and selling it overseas.

I didn't check the Suzukis that well but I believe the spoke wheeled first model are more valuable.

Personally I think they are one of the ugliest bikes ever in spite of being a unique design

Quote Originally Posted by BusaSteve View Post
    I heard that another Kawasaki dealer is interested in the showroom....hope so... then they just need to get rid of the fat bastards err...blasters... next door. Also I was told, a few years back, that the stupid council didn't want all the used bikes parked outside the showrooms....apparently it lowered the tone of the neighbourhood...wankers!
    The story behind the car park is that a dealer moved his shop to a new building next door and was not getting the foot traffic he had been getting. He then pushed the council to enforce the parking requirements and shift the bikes back and allow for parking as per the regulations.

So not so much council bloodymindeness but good capitalism. Trump would have been proud of him.
    They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

llbuono
    Quote Originally Posted by chew View Post
    Ford XY shakers were about that price when they came out as well. Try and buy one now for under $50k.

Like the bananas, not a daily ride but a "collectable". Could be worth buying one and selling it overseas.

I didn't check the Suzukis that well but I believe the spoke wheeled first model are more valuable.

Personally I think they are one of the ugliest bikes ever in spite of being a unique design

The story behind the car park is that a dealer moved his shop to a new building next door and was not getting the foot traffic he had been getting. He then pushed the council to enforce the parking requirements and shift the bikes back and allow for parking as per the regulations.

So not so much council bloodymindeness but good capitalism. Trump would have been proud of him.
    Yes the wire wheeled race bike version was worth more and was actually only 1000cc rather than 1074cc but the homologation rules for racing had a 1000 cc limit ,with a welded crank ,forged pistons ,larger carbs they made 7 more hp when road legal than the 1100 version ,you know brad repacholi he had one and it was quick faster than my 78 gs1000 with a yoshimura 1275 kit and similar engine work.

Here is a link to the truth about them.

https://www.bikesales.com.au/editori...-katana-14019/

And here is a picture of one i rode one in 1981 and it was a handful.

https://i.imgur.com/yHQOwrQ.jpg
    Likes Graelin liked this post

Liked
    2943 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know a Brad Repacholi.

I do remember watching three of the things coming through the Griffin's Mount into Reid Park at Bathurst in 1983 all sponsored by the same mob in identical leathers. Is burnt into my memory like Doohan sideways coming out of Siberia at Phillip Island or Jean-Michel Bayle dominating at Cosy Creek Manjimup Motocross Des Nations among others.
    They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits
    Likes N/A liked this post

Motorbike
    MT09
    Liked
    317 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WA can ill afford to lose busines's about time councils were brought into line.
    Smoke me a kipper...I'll be home in time for breakfast

Motorbike
    Twins
    Liked
    1244 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Every rule, local law, regulation and Act that is enacted is a freedom once held removed. Once enacted there will always be someone who complains to Council that they MUST enforce that law. Councils are expected to act in accordance with these laws even if the original intent was quite different.

Three tiers of government are requested to make new laws every day by the public. Just look at the news for calls to ban this or restrict that.
    Likes =Maz=, SPman, henrys liked this post

Motorbike
    MT09
    Liked
    1569 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If parking was a problem for vic park or the city of perth not sure which council they are under then they should go to melbourne no problems parking over there ,with around a dozen motorcycle dealers and shops in central melbourne including this one peter stevens motorcycles.
    In the Melbourne motorcycle community, Peter Stevens is Melbourne's Causeway Motorcycles in terms of reputation.

And as far as Causeway...they deserve what they got. Management should have pulled their heads out of the sand and given their staff customer service training.

What is it with Motorcycle shops and shit customer service? Only places I've been in the northern suburbs that are any good are Joondalup Suzuki and Cullys Yamaha.

Haven't been into Helmet House in about a year, but there were a couple young fellas working there the manager needs to boot up the ass. I think a lot of people on PSB know who I'm talking about.

I sound like an old man but I'm only 28 I'm just sick of business complaining people shop online when they don't give us any reason to go in store.
    Likes Known liked this post

Liked
    2943 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you will find it had little to do with the council as do most closures but more about the online retail market taking over and making brick and mortar unprofitable on previous scales.

Did you read my previous post about someone in the industry using the council to cut everyone's throat?

Maybe some retirees could start a few retail shops and run them as no profit to provide employment and vibrancy?
    Likes BillyBoof liked this post

Motorbike
    Speed3R - Sprint ST - RSV4 Factory
    Liked
    148 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I might be mistaken but those pair of zookis are on consignment. So no bargains to be had id reckon. The owners will just collect on D Day
    When the only tool you have is a hammer, every thing starts to look like a nail

Motorbike
    MT09
    Liked
    317 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh I have no doubt online is killing retail...my comments were regarding how vibrant the Vic Park bike shops used to be with used bikes everywhere and how the removal of them led to a less interesting place to go. This did have an impact upon the amount of visitors...didnt matter whether they were all buying it made the place look busy and, no doubt IMO, led others to go and buy.

Now the precinct is devoid of almost any used bikes....some due to the economy but I cannot help thinking the death knell started long before due to council dickheads...maybe another shop complained but it still came down to common sense...something councils and any government depts seem to lack in spades.
    Likes Graelin, bopman, SPman, yaabaa liked this post
    Dislikes Thirsty disliked this post

Motorbike
    Twins
    Liked
    1244 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If the law is there to be enforced by Local Government and Council gets a complaint what should they do? They are really in a difficult position as endless examples wil be used by complainers of where they did act and why are they choosing not to act here.

I agree that I would and have stopped to look at bikes if outside but unlikely to with that area devoid of atmosphere.

A pity to see places disapear and probably a combination of effects has resulted in this.

Motorbike
    MT09
    Liked
    317 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well yes a local council was reported to be looking into ice cream van music after just two complaints of it being annoying...it is ridiculous the way rules are enforced no matter the consequences despite having few complaints...as in that case.

It is an impossible position...on the one hand if they do nothing then they are in breach of their own rules and small minded people can and often do take it further...if councils take action and companies close down...as in Vic Park....(I know it isn't all to do with the council decision)...then others suffer....we live in a society where there are lots of arseholes...who are listened to and their tiny minded shit acted upon....what a shame.
    Likes Graelin, henrys liked this post

Liked
    22 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have they got any gloves going cheap mine are nackered?
    Queen of denial[COLOR="#ADD8E6"][/COLOR]

llbuono
    When you shop online like most people do even myself recently for a new helmet ,then we are all contributing to the end of the small retail shop's many of which are family run businesses.

I tried to buy a pair of motorcycle boots from a mc shop in gosnells the guy told me i don't sell them anymore as he ended up with 20 s/h pairs as people tried them on for size then bought them cheaper online.

These draggin pants i bought from causeway kawazaki the other day for $50.00 as some customer had bought them sat on a harley davidson got battery acid on them according to the guy that repaired them ,anyway the buyer returned them to causeway kawazaki with the pants neatly folded got his $359.99 back and left ,the lady there unfolded them and seen the damage but to late the guy had gone ,as i said she sold them to me for $50.00 but she told me the margins are very low on these pants so they lost money.

These are some of the reasons shops are going to the wall and soon you will only be able to buy a motorcycle and gear from large superstore's or online and racing competitors amongst other's will suffer as well due to lack of sponsorship and reduced prices on parts.
    Likes Graelin, henrys liked this post

Motorbike
    MT09
    Liked
    317 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Be interesting buying an entire bike online...how are you supposed to test ride it?...maybe it will end up being like the TV ads...test the bike for a month and if not satisfied return it in the original packaging only paying shipping costs....free set of steak knives too!!...but wait ther's more if you buy right now we will include a.....

Motorbike
    Expensive Espresso Machine
    Liked
    389 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you shop online like most people do even myself recently for a new helmet ,then we are all contributing to the end of the small retail shop's many of which are family run businesses.
    I blame greed...... global manufacturing started it all sending goods to be made for f*ck all in 3rd world countries then hyper inflate the price based on what the consumer would pay locally. Any businesses getting goods manufactured locally got f*cked quickly.

Internet has allowed us to buy direct and get it shipped quicker then waiting for some clown to order who won't call to say its in.

Then you have big businesses using there buying power to f*ck the little businesses, propping up everywhere. Theres a show on abc about coles and woolies who are paying f*ck all for stuff then use contracts to say IGA cant be built in shopping centres.
    "Some people are like clouds. When they disappear it's a beautiful day"
    Likes N/A, marras, Graelin, BusaSteve liked this post

Motorbike
    (TY-250- RD350LC- Gsx 750 esd) Current -Gsx 250 SSM GSX 1100 EFE
    Liked
    304 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I blame reality.. Businesses that can't be fucked serving a customer at the counter 0.5m away from them... should fail.

Retailers that claim it's the cheapest till you get the price even lower just by asking. Fuck 'em most people cbf going back....if there's an equivalent online store.

Family run businesses that have had it so good even they don't see the end coming..

it's a digital age there are thousands of businesses popping up all over..and having success globally as well. Startup companies that were only a dream on a fkn napkin in the pub..

The old model of the bike shop is well dead... the new versions are doing ok.. they have coffee and looped video.. music.. and atmosphere.. makes you want to go there.

And if you don't you CAN shop online... maybe not for a bike yet ...but you can buy from interstate..
    " Imagination is the seed of life..."
    Likes Sauer liked this post

Motorbike
    Expensive Espresso Machine
    Liked
    389 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GsxInShed View Post
    I blame reality.. Businesses that can't be fucked serving a customer at the counter 0.5m away from them... should fail.

Retailers that claim it's the cheapest till you get the price even lower just by asking. Fuck 'em most people cbf going back....if there's an equivalent online store.
    That too

Quote Originally Posted by GsxInShed View Post
    Family run businesses that have had it so good even they don't see the end coming..

There is struggling family businesses out there that do actually want customers and try their hardest, motorcycle pit stop (NP) etc

Some places had to adapt local salvage place that wouldn't help at all and you had to have a minimum spend on a card, now you get help and they even would put a 50c purchase on card or let you have stuff if you ask nicely.
    Last edited by Halo_2; 07-01-2018 at 07:43 PM.
    "Some people are like clouds. When they disappear it's a beautiful day"
    Likes Graelin liked this post

Motorbike
    (TY-250- RD350LC- Gsx 750 esd) Current -Gsx 250 SSM GSX 1100 EFE
    Liked
    304 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So let's support 'em.

PSB is a thing eh? We buy stuff.

If you know/can recommend a family business do it.
    " Imagination is the seed of life..."

Motorbike
    Twins
    Liked
    1244 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When we buy bikes like handbags on line where will they be serviced? The model we have known is passing. Maybe bike picked up at work and dropped back from a super service centre you never see.

I walked into this shop I'm Melbourne two years ago, not a computer in sight. Loved the atmosphere

Likes Halo_2, BusaSteve, Coastal0 liked this post

Motorbike
    Crims
    Liked
    33 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This lot contributed to their own demise, I walked out of there 6 years ago vowing never to go back. It's been a steady decline for a long while.

Their website was woeful for a very long time, a joke really.

I remember this place as being vibrant, especially on a Saturday morning, lots of people coming & going, lots of bikes for sale. I bought a couple there myself.

Rot seemed to have set in after Millway too over but that was also the time that internet sales started to take off. Sadly, Millway did nothing except make an art of employing fuckwits who had zero ability in sales or customer relations.

This example would make an interesting study into the effect of online sales v's effective local customer relations.

Anyone out there know anything about Millway?
    Last edited by Crim; 07-01-2018 at 08:22 PM.