Liked
    2997 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyvan View Post
    For the people that keep saying who, or how many people will benefit if this change goes through i will give my piece on why it benefits me, I have had my lams for i think 20-22 months now and i haven't upgraded due to not having the money to waste on a test, on top of that i have a modified R class bike which i can't use for the test because they would fail me the second they saw/heard my exhaust, i also don't have any friends with a bike i could use for the test either and paying for a instructors bike for the test has a large price tag on it. While i can see the unsafe and bad sides to this change like unskilled riders getting R without even riding a lams bike at all, if someone wishes to do that then that is their problem and other people shouldn't miss out just because there's stupid people out there that might hurt themselves.

What i would maybe like to see is if they put this change through but add in that you need to do a set amount of riding in either hours or kms before you get your free upgrade, an app or something of the like would be really easy to track that or go do the test at 12+months to "show you are ready" But i might be bias because i will benefit from this a lot.
    Sell the R class bikes exhaust on gumtree, get a stock one cheap, use profits to pay for test and use your own bike?

Alternatively, spend some time on here and attend some rides, and I am sure you will befriend someone who will lend you a bike for the princely sum of a parmy and a pint.

Motorbike
    Kawasaki ninja 250, Ducati Monster 696
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah i don't think i can sell the exhaust the previous owner just cut it off haha no muffler at all

Motorbike
    Twins
    Liked
    491 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Skyvan View Post
    For the people that keep saying who, or how many people will benefit if this change goes through i will give my piece on why it benefits me, I have had my lams for i think 20-22 months now and i haven't upgraded due to not having the money to waste on a test, on top of that i have a modified R class bike which i can't use for the test because they would fail me the second they saw/heard my exhaust, i also don't have any friends with a bike i could use for the test either and paying for a instructors bike for the test has a large price tag on it. While i can see the unsafe and bad sides to this change like unskilled riders getting R without even riding a lams bike at all, if someone wishes to do that then that is their problem and other people shouldn't miss out just because there's stupid people out there that might hurt themselves.

What i would maybe like to see is if they put this change through but add in that you need to do a set amount of riding in either hours or kms before you get your free upgrade, an app or something of the like would be really easy to track that or go do the test at 12+months to "show you are ready" But i might be bias because i will benefit from this a lot.
    Welcome. Are you from Bunbury?
    Politics is the entertainment branch of industry.
    Likes CbrRider81 liked this post

Motorbike
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No sorry i live in perth

Motorbike
    2011 Gixxer 600
    Liked
    2552 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Skyvan, riding a bike is expensive bizness, it is after all, usually a toy not a sole commute vehicle. If you are strapped for cash and cannot afford the monetary loss of the bike and/or it is your sole vehicle, I hope you have comprehensive insurance. I see so many people who say they can't afford insurance then their bike gets nicked or crashed and suddenly they wish they had insurance. Usually those who can't afford insurance are those who need it most. Not assuming, just something that popped into my head reading your post as it seemed $ was a large factor in why you support the auto upgrade to R class.

Also, assessors aren't cops. That's not to say they won't say your bike doesn't comply but they are less likely to have issue with it than a cop/the pits would have unless it is ridiculously over-the-top loud like the godamned Harley I heard 2 hours ago that is still ringing (or farting or whatever harleys do) in my ears...

Edit: I see your exhaust is non-existent. Test or not, please get yourself one. Go to a dealer and they may have a stock one sitting around - I once saw a shitload of exhausts sitting out the back of McCulloch Suzuki once.

Motorbike
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    Skyvan, riding a bike is expensive bizness, it is after all, usually a toy not a sole commute vehicle. If you are strapped for cash and cannot afford the monetary loss of the bike and/or it is your sole vehicle, I hope you have comprehensive insurance. I see so many people who say they can't afford insurance then their bike gets nicked or crashed and suddenly they wish they had insurance. Usually those who can't afford insurance are those who need it most. Not assuming, just something that popped into my head reading your post as it seemed $ was a large factor in why you support the auto upgrade to R class.

Also, assessors aren't cops. That's not to say they won't say your bike doesn't comply but they are less likely to have issue with it than a cop/the pits would have unless it is ridiculously over-the-top loud like the godamned Harley I heard 2 hours ago that is still ringing (or farting or whatever harleys do) in my ears...

Edit: I see your exhaust is non-existent. Test or not, please get yourself one. Go to a dealer and they may have a stock one sitting around - I once saw a shitload of exhausts sitting out the back of McCulloch Suzuki once.
    Yeah i mean i probably could afford comprehensive on my 250 but i don't see much point when it's worth 2k or less but once i get my R and i start riding my other bike more i'll get insurance on that but not worth it at the moment because i never ride it.

Motorbike
    Twin
    Liked
    122 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AZAZL View Post
    ROFL. I'M Spartacus... etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by llbuono
    This is my last post on psb good bye
    Quote Originally Posted by llbuono
    i am gone from psb forever
    Likes CbrRider81 liked this post

Motorbike
    94 cbr1000f
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AZAZL View Post

Lmfgdao

Liked
    90 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is just plain crazy.. UP GOES THE ROAD TOLL.. and they will blame motorcyclists bad riding behavior.. Not the fact it will be lack of training on a big bike.. Crazy..

Motorbike
    Yamaha R15
    Liked
    2997 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by igor View Post
    This is just plain crazy.. UP GOES THE ROAD TOLL.. and they will blame motorcyclists bad riding behavior.. Not the fact it will be lack of training on a big bike.. Crazy..
    I don't think it is much different to the current system anyway since the training and experience required to get on a pretty serious bike is minimal.

To get an R class licence, you could do 3 lessons on a CB250, pass your RE test. Do no riding for 12 months, then get 3 lessons on a CB900 and pass your R Class, go out and get a ZX14R and splatter your head noodle and morning weetbix down the road.
    Likes Skyvan, igor, Sonik liked this post

Motorbike
    suzuki 750
    Liked
    19 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boeman View Post
    I don't think it is much different to the current system anyway since the training and experience required to get on a pretty serious bike is minimal.

To get an R class licence, you could do 3 lessons on a CB250, pass your RE test. Do no riding for 12 months, then get 3 lessons on a CB900 and pass your R Class, go out and get a ZX14R and splatter your head noodle and morning weetbix down the road.
    Hmmm, You would be surprized at how many R-E class Riders converting to an R class spend heaps of $$$ just pass a absolute minimum standard DOT test.. Yes is the same test as the R-e which in theory should be a piece of cake..
    I have had More damage to my R class bikes than you would expect.. a lot of people ride to such an appalling low standard and never progress to even a mediocre level !! Its absolute madness to give these R-e low standard riders access to a much larger bike with out some form of assessment ..
    Likes Sauer liked this post

Motorbike
    2011 Gixxer 600
    Liked
    2552 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Law not changing apparently:

Not surprising, the only thing Government departments change is their name every few years in order to keep people on their toes...
    Likes Ryanoceros, CbrRider81, Sonik liked this post

Liked
    2779 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a good thing.
    -
    Likes dwillia liked this post

Motorbike
    94 cbr1000f
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for sharing that kristy. Been waiting to see if it will change. Best be getting my ass in to gear and get my R class license.

ó-editó- knew it was to good to be true hahaha

Motorbike
    Raj
    Liked
    901 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The increase in the consumption of Tide Balls has been noted.

Motorbike
    2015 MT07 2012 FZ8n
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good news