Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AZAZL View Post
    Now rubin, this is no time for sensible answers. I'm curious. Is eating Finish powerballs the same as tide balls? What about snorting Napisan Oxy Vanish?

Inquiring minds want to know.
    Iím told oxy is the dux nutz, but the powerball itself will really get you going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Motorbike
    '13 FZ6R
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have your say, click the survey

https://www.rsc.wa.gov.au/Motorcycle-Safety-Survey

Motorbike
    2012 Honda CBR 250r
    Liked
    4 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RE is going to change to R after July 1st or was that BS? I couldn't find anything on DOT. If anything it looks like it's going to be harder. Cheers.
    Everyone,stay off the roads today

Its the Sachs City 150 ride .There will be 75 litres of engines and 5850 hp
    Youve been warned.
    Thats all.

Motorbike
    Ducati 899 Panigale, Honda CBR250RR
    Liked
    130 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by northsider View Post
    RE is going to change to R after July 1st or was that BS? I couldn't find anything on DOT. If anything it looks like it's going to be harder. Cheers.
    'Twas merely a fairy-tale told by people with hope in their hearts.
    Nothing has changed or will any time soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by mekon
    Why are pirates called pirates?
    Because they Arrrrrr
    Likes northsider liked this post

Motorbike
    2012 Honda CBR 250r
    Liked
    4 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeL View Post
    'Twas merely a fairy-tale told by people with hope in their hearts.
    Thanks
    Everyone,stay off the roads today

Its the Sachs City 150 ride .There will be 75 litres of engines and 5850 hp
    Youve been warned.
    Thats all.

Motorbike
    Kawasaki Ninja 650L
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't hold your breath

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneville View Post
    Yes it is finally happening, still trying to source the DOT Official documentation, but for now ...

From July 1st 2018, people who have had their RE license for more than 24 months will be automatically upgraded to the R. This means if you have done your RE license less than 24 months you will have to wait.

The rules donít change till the July 1st so anyone that has had your license for over 12 months or would have it for 12 months before July 1st, you can upgrade your license and avoiding waiting an extra 12 months.

So unless you want to have to wait the full 24 months, or part thereof, GO DO YOUR R TEST NOW
    Yehh, It's all BS talk.
    I'm originally from Victoria.
    All the other states do the upgrade from RE to R after 12 months. In Victoria that is the easiest process ever - You just apply for an R licence after 12 months and that's it.

Obviously WA is such a sh...hole in regards to licencing law. That's a shame.
    Last edited by Van Claaude; 31-07-2018 at 07:55 PM.

Motorbike
    2015 MT07 2012 FZ8n
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I quite like our licencing laws thanks
    Likes BillyBoof liked this post

Motorbike
    Kawasaki Ninja 650L
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dwillia View Post
    I quite like our licencing laws thanks
    I've been ridding a bike for 40+ years. I went for a few years overseas with a job. I was still riding a bike in Europe. But after two years of living in Europe
    I had to change my licence to an Eurpean Licence, while they take your Australian licence away. My Australian Licence had expired and unfortunately,
    when I came back I didn't come back to Victoria where it was a matter of just renewing a licence up to 5 years of its expiry date. I came to WA
    where I was told that because it had been more than two years since my licence had expired I would have to go through computer test and PDT again. My bike licence
    was not the option either and I had to do it again regardless of holding a full European licence including the rig. Now I stuck with a car licence and a restricted bike licence,
    (no rigs permit) due to politics and stupidity. How that, what happens in WA, makes the people riding motorcycles safer? In NSW more liberal laws less accidents, QLD more liberal laws
    less accidents, furthermore better and friendlier environment for bikers, Victoria very liberal road laws - less accidents. Statistics speak for themselves. But if someone has a solution
    to their stupidity and stabborness they don't listen. WA that's the answer!
    Last edited by Van Claaude; 01-08-2018 at 02:17 PM.
    Likes llbuono liked this post

Motorbike
    KTM Duke 200, Tryhard Gayowner, and a tractor with sik scooter wheels
    Liked
    56 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Van Claaude View Post
    ridding a bike
    Eurpean Licence
    stabborness
    The above made this quite funny (for me at least)

stupidity
    Rest in Peace

Quote Originally Posted by GreenMeanie View Post
    A note for CM's. Don't be fucking girls. You can pass anything. Just fuckin' "Nail It". Take ya panties off you faggots.
    Likes dwillia liked this post

Motorbike
    Gpx 250 suzuki bandit 1250
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryanoceros View Post
    The above made this quite funny (for me at least)
    dont givee ilbuono// oh i mean jean claaaaaude van dang the satisfaction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paraletic View Post
    little end bearing. best describes as the sound of 'A little black man with a hammer in your engine'. big end sounds like a bigger black man...

Motorbike
    Twins
    Liked
    491 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weren't we "ridding" fakeys?

Proof the story is bullshit is that it does not happen like this in WA.

5 years without a WA licence does require a retest but you don't go through the RE process.

I know this from someone who had a long errr holiday. Back 3 years ago.
    We have a gene for gossip.
    We have a gene for superstition.
    We have a gene for jumping to conclusions and making fools of ourselves
    but we have no gene for science.
    Michio Kaka on "Buttpower"

Motorbike
    2001 ZX7R Whale. 2007 RSV1000R Factory. 2012 ZX10RR Endurance Special.
    Liked
    3663 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeL View Post
    Western Australian mantra right there.
    Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"
    Likes ge0ff liked this post

Motorbike
    Hot tub SRAD time machine
    Liked
    609 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, from what i saw in that survey they are suggesting to make re period longer and then r class test harder, a double whammy in the complete opposite direction to other parts of the country. Doesnt worry me personally but makes licensing more and more harder for the next generation and expensive with the only alternative public transport here? which is shit.

Or you could ride your pushie, at least you dont have to have a license, pay rego and everyone one has to keep a meter away, plus you can ride on footpaths legally.
    I cant help it if your perceptions don't match my reality

Motorbike
    2001 ZX7R Whale. 2007 RSV1000R Factory. 2012 ZX10RR Endurance Special.
    Liked
    3663 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Expensive? Try getting a drivers license in Germany... however you do ACTUALLY get taught how to drive and assessed on your skills as opposed to simply not crashing into shit for 1/2 hour.
    Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"
    Likes R3WARRIOR liked this post

Motorbike
    2011 Gixxer 600
    Liked
    2552 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
    Yep, from what i saw in that survey they are suggesting to make re period longer and then r class test harder,
    The whole make the R class test thing harder I kinda understand, but also kinda don't. Yes, you should be more proficient by the time you go for R class and you are operating a higher capacity bike BUT, when I got my R-E I was still wobbly, unsure etc. and was probably more likely to crash/do dumb shit than I was when I got my R class. In some ways perhaps the R-E test should be harder than what it is? Maybe include mandatory roadcraft/hazard awareness, riding techniques (e.g. countersteering - I can't believe this isn't taught), general maintenance stuff? I don't see any problem with making the R class test harder but maybe re-evaluating the R-E test would also be worthwhile. Also, in making the R class test harder what would you do? Would the assessor be a bit harder in terms of skill level required or would you assess the test differently e.g. lessen the braking distance for the e-stop, change the point scoring system etc?
    Likes BillyBoof, dwillia liked this post

Motorbike
    Bandit 1200S
    Liked
    69 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    Also, in making the R class test harder what would you do? Would the assessor be a bit harder in terms of skill level required or would you assess the test differently e.g. lessen the braking distance for the e-stop, change the point scoring system etc?
    There is so much scope for improving the R test. For starters, think about all the skills/environments that are just not assessed: COUNTRY RIDING, freeway driving, wet, dusk/dawn riding, night time, overtaking, peak hour, filtering, dust and offroad, first aid, picking up a bike... and that's just general environmental factors. Here's the pre-existing assessment standard. Have a read from page 10 onwards. Aside from the kiddy basics like 'check mirrors when moving off', look at how many items are non assessed?

https://www.transport.wa.gov.au/medi...Competency.pdf

Here's a question: how intelligent or self motivated do we assume the average perth driver is? At the moment, we are granting access to the road network to people without verifying that they are responsible enough to use all of it, and hoping/praying/assuming that they will teach themselves the rest and hopefully not die in the process.
    Quote Originally Posted by devolved
    I just crashed into a schoolbus full of kiddies, killed them all, raped them, set them on fire and now I'm pissing on their charred remains.

Motorbike
    2011 Gixxer 600
    Liked
    2552 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wheel_of_steell View Post
    There is so much scope for improving the R test. For starters, think about all the skills/environments that are just not assessed: COUNTRY RIDING, freeway driving, wet, dusk/dawn riding, night time, overtaking, peak hour, filtering, dust and offroad, first aid, picking up a bike... and that's just general environmental factors. Here's the pre-existing assessment standard. Have a read from page 10 onwards. Aside from the kiddy basics like 'check mirrors when moving off', look at how many items are non assessed?

https://www.transport.wa.gov.au/medi...Competency.pdf

Here's a question: how intelligent or self motivated do we assume the average perth driver is? At the moment, we are granting access to the road network to people without verifying that they are responsible enough to use all of it, and hoping/praying/assuming that they will teach themselves the rest and hopefully not die in the process.
    Yes I fully get there's more scope to be tested on, but why just the R class test? Do people with R-E licences not ride in the country, not drop their R-E bike, not ride in peak hour, not ride at night time etc? The bar should be set high from the outset and why the R-E test should be harder and the R class should be demonstration of a refinement of riding techniques and checking they're not a ham-fisted muppet (or just a plain muppet).

With respect to the picking up a bike, sure teach someone the technique but don't fail them for not being able to pick it up - I'm as weak as piss and can't even pick up a 250... there's many who will say you should only ride what you can pick up, but can all drivers who have a roll over in their car tip their car the right way up?

For the car driver question - most drivers have zero interest in the act of driving, nor enjoy it; it is purely a get from A to B thing. This is why there are so many automatics and inept drivers on the road. It is actually viewed as a right, not a privilege.

Motorbike
    2015 MT07 2012 FZ8n
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

making it harder to get a car licence would be a great start to improving the safety of motorcyclists

even with its massive failure rate, to ride in mirrabooka and surrounds is almost a suicide mission at times.
    Likes Kristy, wrxykh, ReCon liked this post

Motorbike
    Bandit 1200S
    Liked
    69 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    Yes I fully get there's more scope to be tested on, but why just the R class test? Do people with R-E licences not ride in the country, not drop their R-E bike, not ride in peak hour, not ride at night time etc? The bar should be set high from the outset and why the R-E test should be harder and the R class should be demonstration of a refinement of riding techniques and checking they're not a ham-fisted muppet (or just a plain muppet).

With respect to the picking up a bike, sure teach someone the technique but don't fail them for not being able to pick it up - I'm as weak as piss and can't even pick up a 250... there's many who will say you should only ride what you can pick up, but can all drivers who have a roll over in their car tip their car the right way up?

For the car driver question - most drivers have zero interest in the act of driving, nor enjoy it; it is purely a get from A to B thing. This is why there are so many automatics and inept drivers on the road. It is actually viewed as a right, not a privilege.
    Actually I agree Kristy, the R-E test needs to be brought up to a similar standard. However, baby steps. It's easier to sell the idea that we need stricter tests for 200 hp murdercycles than it is for 50cc scooters, although they encounter say 80% of the same risks on the road. There is also the fair industry concern that excessively strict licencing will turn riders off the whole thing altogether. It's shit but it's true. Australians by and large ride for leisure, not as necessary transport, so if you intrude on the 'just wanna ride along the beach with headphones in' fantasy land with scary facts, statistics, and the realisation that it takes a lifetime to get good... those leisure riders and $$$ will evaporate. Look at how badly motorcycling has shrunk since barbs has become off limits.

Just one of many examples of the current insanity: an acquaintance pulls into the licencing centre carpark at the end of his R class test. Rides a big cruiser. I go up and feel the front brake - stone cold. However the the back brake is too hot to touch. This acquaintance has never used his front brake when I've ridden with him, and didn't use it during his assessment either... The assessor comes over all smiles and informs said acquaintance that he has ridden well and is now R class licenced. I know for a fact that he will never improve, reflect upon, or update his riding techniques, and he will not be able to avoid a crash in an emergency. So who exactly is being helped by giving this guy a licence?
    Quote Originally Posted by devolved
    I just crashed into a schoolbus full of kiddies, killed them all, raped them, set them on fire and now I'm pissing on their charred remains.

Motorbike
    2011 Gixxer 600
    Liked
    2552 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's easier to sell the idea that we need stricter tests for 200 hp murdercycles than it is for 50cc scooters, although they encounter say 80% of the same risks on the road.
    50cc scoot: They dun need no licenceÖ The only reason thereís not more deaths is they actually cannot go fast enough to suffer life threatening injuries with the frequency of motorbikes. Their roadcraft is appalling.
    The fact that you can get a scooter licence (yes, the only time youíre tested for one) a year earlier than a car/bike licence actually says, because youíre not as much risk to others (i.e. you canít really do much damage to others), go nuts.

Just one of many examples of the current insanity: an acquaintance pulls into the licencing centre carpark at the end of his R class test. Rides a big cruiser. I go up and feel the front brake - stone cold. However the the back brake is too hot to touch. This acquaintance has never used his front brake when I've ridden with him, and didn't use it during his assessment either... The assessor comes over all smiles and informs said acquaintance that he has ridden well and is now R class licenced. I know for a fact that he will never improve, reflect upon, or update his riding techniques, and he will not be able to avoid a crash in an emergency. So who exactly is being helped by giving this guy a licence?
    Iíve queried the lack of use of the front brake by cruiser riders Ė the reason I got was that the back brake is more effective on cruisers due to their weight distribution and thus thereís a reason they only have a single disc front brake. How true that is, Iíll never find out for myself because I have zero interest in riding a land whale/boat anchor.