Gpx 250 suzuki bandit 1250
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i think most people want to "dodge" it for the reasons of the test costs a carton of jacks($80), basically a day off work to do and its a fuckaround or more cost if you dont have a shadow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paraletic View Post
    little end bearing. best describes as the sound of 'A little black man with a hammer in your engine'. big end sounds like a bigger black man...
    Likes Rockfish, ge0ff, crispymk2 liked this post

Motorbike
    2015 MT07 2012 FZ8n
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Benny D View Post
    i think most people want to "dodge" it for the reasons of the test costs a carton of jacks($80), basically a day off work to do and its a fuckaround or more cost if you dont have a shadow.
    some things in life are just unfair and/or inconvenient - if this is the worst problem anyone has to face this year.....

Motorbike
    94 cbr1000f
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dwillia View Post
    some things in life are just unfair and/or inconvenient - if this is the worst problem anyone has to face this year.....
    I wish it was the worst thing I had to face this year Hahahaha, then my year wouldíve been the easiest year of my adult life hahahahaha
    Likes keys, dwillia liked this post

Motorbike
    98 TITANIUM CBR1100XX SUPERBLACKBIRD
    Liked
    1150 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nos View Post
    I wanted to dodge it so I didn't have to relearn to ride like a muppet... well ride like a different kind of muppet. Like who turns their head 90 degrees to look down every alley they pass?
    Unfortunately it's a bit of both, as below it's a lot of fucking around to go through given it's "exactly" the same test as the 250/LAMS class test and takes no account of being on a larger/heavier/more powerful bike Even going back all the years to when it was L>K I wondered WTF was the point given most of the stuff you only did for a test and nothing else

Quote Originally Posted by Benny D View Post
    #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Phildo View Post
    Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
    Quote Originally Posted by filbert View Post
    i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
    Ozblackbird.net Administrator
    Likes Rockfish liked this post

Motorbike
    Honda VTR 250 Supersport Naked RRII Goosefat
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've heard word that some people who have renewed their licenses this week noticed they automatically went from RE to R (having RE for more than 24 months). Is this likely more BS stories?

Motorbike
    2015 MT07 2012 FZ8n
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes

Motorbike
    94 cbr1000f
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Everlongdrummer;3398270]I've heard word that some people who have renewed their licenses this week noticed they automatically went from RE to R (having RE for more than 24 months). Is this likely more BS storie

Iíd like to see proof of this

Motorbike
    Ktm 350 exc-f
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your reply westy74,
    I'm Not looking to dodge it really, If I thought it was worth doing... like I might learn something, But like you said its the same as the moped test , so why on earth would i want to waste my time.. Ive been on and around bikes for years, just never did the open class.

Motorbike
    2015 MT07 2012 FZ8n
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rockfish View Post
    so why on earth would i want to waste my time...
    your desire to legally ride big bikes must be pretty low

Motorbike
    suzuki 750
    Liked
    19 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockfish View Post
    Thanks for your reply westy74,
    I'm Not looking to dodge it really, If I thought it was worth doing... like I might learn something, But like you said its the same as the moped test , so why on earth would i want to waste my time.. Ive been on and around bikes for years, just never did the open class.
    you would be surprized at how many older "experienced" riders cant pass this Test on there first attempt , Recently had a 30 year plus rider not any near the basic test standard.. The Test should be a breeze for you though
    Likes llbuono, Rockfish liked this post

Motorbike
    Ducati 916 Bip
    Liked
    48 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On a slightly different note, when I got back into riding having been away from bikes for 10 yrs I did an Advanced course at the old RAC track (RIP), didn't teach me anything new but sure made me think about a lot of stuff I hadn't needed to for a goodly while .. highly recommded to any/all riders. Where else would you practice emergency stops when leaned right over!

Of course this 'taste of the track' led onto getting into racing but that's another story.

BTW I think Turbs must be reading my mind, him typing stuff at least saves me the bother
    .. and thats Racer # 193 to y'all; my fabulous sponsors (who all do good shit) are: Graeme Fleming IT Consultants, Vision Image, Pacific Safety Wear, Excess Power Equipment, Pro Photo Booth

.. and according to Sean'o: 'get the Kwaka (never thought i would say that!)'
    Likes westy74 liked this post

Motorbike
    Ducati 916 Bip
    Liked
    48 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

.. on the skills front, I did an Advanced course in the UK run by the cops (prior to emigrating here), excellent course & they did a lot of work on bike handling, emphasis on balance, body position, & handlebar grip/movement. One thing we had to do was brake into a box, feet up, come to a full stop, & stay that way (stopped, feet up) for 5 secs then ride away; no one did it first time but with practice about 40% managed it. In the advanced course I did at the RAC they had a slow race, again balance & control were the focus.
    .. and thats Racer # 193 to y'all; my fabulous sponsors (who all do good shit) are: Graeme Fleming IT Consultants, Vision Image, Pacific Safety Wear, Excess Power Equipment, Pro Photo Booth

.. and according to Sean'o: 'get the Kwaka (never thought i would say that!)'
    Likes crispymk2 liked this post