Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBoof View Post
    Persuit car, hills. Wanted to run so bad but didn't.

Update from today, double or nothing is ok by boss. Racked up 16 points which is apparently a 6 month ban off the bat, so if I fuck up that's a paddlin. Can someone confirm?
    Wife rightfully grumpy.
    I'm about halfway through a double-or-nothing period, so some advice (if you'd like it);

- Drive a car with cruise control. Be that guy in the left lane doing the exact limit, even while everyone else is tearing away. The number of times I've been ready to just nudge past someone, thought better of it, and seen the hi-vis/hair-dryer combo..
    - If no cruise control (hell, even if you have it), get used to constantly diverting your eyes down to check your speed to the point of distraction, out of sheer paranoia.
    - Give up on the idea of spirited group rides or hills runs for the next year.
    - Plan your lanesplitting carefully. I know, I know it's "legal" or whatever but if I see a cop car I just won't do it.

One cop having a bad day can make it all fall apart. You can be 11 months and 27 days into your good behaviour period and if you fuck up on the last day, it's the same as fucking up on the first day. Goodbye license. 16 points is 4 months, which would become 8 months. Plus your vehicle insurance premiums will go up.

May the next 12 months pass quickly for you!
    Likes llbuono, BusaSteve, BillyBoof, shifted liked this post

Motorbike
    Twins
    Liked
    491 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by keys View Post
    Email this guy for the true story on Illboner jwmcgrath227@gmail.com
    Is he the young bloke waiting patiently at home for a guy that promised to turn up and do some welding for him? And he's still waiting?

Motorbike
    Yamaha XSR900
    Liked
    1569 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you lose your licence 3 times you deserve to get your car crushed for being stupid enough to get caught so many times.

Motorbike
    K8 GSX-R 750
    Liked
    7 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WHat happened to the good old days of group buys on demerit points? Used to work in the car clubs I frequented back in the early 2000's. Get done by a multanova? Don't have the points? Missus (or mr) is being a kvnt about it? Hit up your friendly social fellow hoon group to shop some fines around. There is always a Zero Hero in the Team willing to be paid to take some demerits.
    Ass is back on a Super Sport!!!

Motorbike
    MT09
    Liked
    317 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    About time we told these employees, (politicians) of ours they are no longer wanted.
    Smoke me a kipper...I'll be home in time for breakfast

Motorbike
    Aprilia SXV550, KTM250EXC-F & Kawasaki Balius
    Liked
    3434 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Benzo View Post
    - Drive a car with cruise control. Be that guy in the left lane doing the exact limit, even while everyone else is tearing away. The number of times I've been ready to just nudge past someone, thought better of it, and seen the hi-vis/hair-dryer combo..
    - If no cruise control (hell, even if you have it), get used to constantly diverting your eyes down to check your speed to the point of distraction, out of sheer paranoia.
    - Give up on the idea of spirited group rides or hills runs for the next year.
    - Plan your lanesplitting carefully. I know, I know it's "legal" or whatever but if I see a cop car I just won't do it.
    Forget looking at the speedo, get a GPS. Use the speed on that - it's accurate and a precise number (eg 84km/h).

Find and buy an old TomTom GO 930. Bring it to me and as well as the current map, I'll put on my Points of Interest file for the fixed location speed cameras.

Then you tinker with the "Warn When Near POI" setting and make the thing scream its tits off whenever you get near a fixed location camera.
    One owner. Only driven gently on Sundays. Sold to best offer. First to see will buy. Reward offered for safe return. Coming soon to a cinema near you. Available for a limited time only.

My waterbed broke this morning. Oh, I don't have a waterbed. Bugger.
    Likes Benzo liked this post

Motorbike
    K8 GSX-R 750
    Liked
    7 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ive found having WAZE (WAYZE?) running in the background while I drive around i shelping. Get all the fixed point stuff as well as any notifications on mobile speed cameras by fellow socially aware users.
    Ass is back on a Super Sport!!!
    Likes BillyBoof liked this post

Motorbike
    -
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr DJ View Post
    Ive found having WAZE (WAYZE?) running in the background while I drive around i shelping. Get all the fixed point stuff as well as any notifications on mobile speed cameras by fellow socially aware users.
    I use Waze as well and I've pulled over one or two times to mark a couple of mobile cameras. Certainly wouldn't condone using a mobile while riding, but if you tap the pin icon while moving, it will keep that location recorded until you can pull up and fill out the rest of the details.

The one gripe I have with Waze (admittedly I haven't looked too hard for an answer) is mine won't actually give an audible notification for cameras... It will notify me through my headset of traffic hazards, vehicle on shoulder etc, but cops are silent :/

Edit: Also a quick look through the WA Revenue Raiser Alerts FB page for anything along my route doesn't go astray

Motorbike
    Twins
    Liked
    491 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WHat happened to the good old days of group buys on demerit points? Used to work in the car clubs I frequented back in the early 2000's. Get done by a multanova? Don't have the points? Missus (or mr) is being a kvnt about it? Hit up your friendly social fellow hoon group to shop some fines around. There is always a Zero Hero in the Team willing to be paid to take some demerits.

Backpackers wearing the points for financial reward was a thing a while back.

Bloke up the road got busted when his son wore points for him. Seems the son was not the old bald man in the picture. Not as bad as it could have been but the result was a licence suspension.

Motorbike
    '13 YZF-R1
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeL View Post
    I believe it's a psychological thing, having your pride and joy crushed is supposed to teach you a lesson (not sure what the exact lesson is...)
    A police friend of mine gets all stoked up and enthusiastically imagines mobile crushing trucks that crush your car / bike / balls and then dump it on your front lawn for you to dispose of.
    He's a nice bloke really. I cut him some slack because he's had to do some really shit things, but he sure has some hard line points of view.
    It's just idiotic. A common car sure, but something rare will one day get crushed and it's a waste. I'm all for time and place and traffic conditions, wish we had a similar system to Germany here.

That's the type of attitude from traffic police which generally stirs up the distaste within the public towards them. I'm sure some have seen some bad stuff, but to be enthusiastic about inflicting monetary, emotional and mental suffering to public members because they lose a little bit of traction is practically psychotic. If they cannot use some reasoning and common sense, they shouldn't be police. Sure if the person is being a dick then its probably deserved, but many instances are all about showing power than anything else.

I was pulled over in the Supra by an undercover a while back, it was late at night and just had dropped off a mate at the airport for a red-eye flight. I took off from a set of lights a bit "quick" and they followed me, done a u-turn near home (no traffic, was past midnight) and they swung around and flashed the lights. Pulled over and got the whole, "going to tow you for hooning, the way you took off. this car isn't legal, exhaust is definitely too big, why do you have slicks on they aren't legal, why are you out this late" - rather than a simple conversation they just start with accusations. Was respectful with my comments and stated that semi-slicks are legal and ADR compliant, and the exhaust was as per it's arrival from Japan and how it was complied and registered so was legal. Few more threats of getting it towed and that I'm lying and nothing is legal and they let me go. Was literally 50m from the driveway.

There's such an emphasis on speeding and hooning yet you get into seemingly, less trouble for drink driving. I'd be more confident around someone "hooning" who knows how to control a bike/car than the average person drunk or distracted by their phone.

Used to be one called Trapster til it got shutdown (I think by WAPOL?), another one now is called nCam.
    '13 YZF-R1 // '00 RZ Supra // '72 XA Fairmont Sedan (Resto Project)
    Likes BusaSteve, BillyBoof liked this post

Liked
    2943 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have "here" maps on my mobile phone and when it is GPS'ing it beeps when I go over the speed limit.
    They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Motorbike
    Gpx 250 suzuki bandit 1250
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i think the punishments for "hooning" and drink driving need to be swapped with each other. low level drinking gets you a fine. so swap that with low level hooning eg taking off and spinning the wheels a bit.
    mid range drink driving gets a 3 month loss of licence. so hoon equivalent would be kickin it sideways around some corners.
    high range drinking is a 6 month so hoon equivalent would be a smoke show in the middle of an intersection or full on drifting through streets.

unsure of exact penalties for drink driving but you get the picture..

also with the hooning the impound cost of over 1000 bux where thats not levied against drink drivers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paraletic View Post
    little end bearing. best describes as the sound of 'A little black man with a hammer in your engine'. big end sounds like a bigger black man...
    Likes BusaSteve liked this post

Motorbike
    ZX10R, DRZ400SM
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

spinning the wheels is the lamest type of hooning, its just the noise & ugly look it puts on a street that piss people off

burnout hooning is like wheelies with your feet down
    Hoonaholics Garage

Motorbike
    MT09
    Liked
    317 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shifted View Post
    It's just idiotic. A common car sure, but something rare will one day get crushed and it's a waste. I'm all for time and place and traffic conditions, wish we had a similar system to Germany here.

That's the type of attitude from traffic police which generally stirs up the distaste within the public towards them. I'm sure some have seen some bad stuff, but to be enthusiastic about inflicting monetary, emotional and mental suffering to public members because they lose a little bit of traction is practically psychotic. If they cannot use some reasoning and common sense, they shouldn't be police. Sure if the person is being a dick then its probably deserved, but many instances are all about showing power than anything else.

I was pulled over in the Supra by an undercover a while back, it was late at night and just had dropped off a mate at the airport for a red-eye flight. I took off from a set of lights a bit "quick" and they followed me, done a u-turn near home (no traffic, was past midnight) and they swung around and flashed the lights. Pulled over and got the whole, "going to tow you for hooning, the way you took off. this car isn't legal, exhaust is definitely too big, why do you have slicks on they aren't legal, why are you out this late" - rather than a simple conversation they just start with accusations. Was respectful with my comments and stated that semi-slicks are legal and ADR compliant, and the exhaust was as per it's arrival from Japan and how it was complied and registered so was legal. Few more threats of getting it towed and that I'm lying and nothing is legal and they let me go. Was literally 50m from the driveway.

There's such an emphasis on speeding and hooning yet you get into seemingly, less trouble for drink driving. I'd be more confident around someone "hooning" who knows how to control a bike/car than the average person drunk or distracted by their phone.

Used to be one called Trapster til it got shutdown (I think by WAPOL?), another one now is called nCam.
    A succinct and pointed post.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Benny D View Post
    i think the punishments for "hooning" and drink driving need to be swapped with each other. low level drinking gets you a fine. so swap that with low level hooning eg taking off and spinning the wheels a bit.
    mid range drink driving gets a 3 month loss of licence. so hoon equivalent would be kickin it sideways around some corners.
    high range drinking is a 6 month so hoon equivalent would be a smoke show in the middle of an intersection or full on drifting through streets.

unsure of exact penalties for drink driving but you get the picture..

also with the hooning the impound cost of over 1000 bux where thats not levied against drink drivers.
    I managed to do that in a Triton 2.4 litre...little to no weight over the rear axle and a slightly damp road...Mr Pig would've done me for hooning under our nanny laws.

Motorbike
    Twin
    Liked
    122 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BusaSteve View Post
    Mr Pig would've done me for hooning under our nanny laws.
    Yes, and not because you may have inadvertently broken the law, but, because the opportunity to bust someone was there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gippo
    cuntoxly

Motorbike
    MT09
    Liked
    317 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And also their promotion is based upon busts not upholding the law in a sensible fashion.
    Likes Halo_2 liked this post

Motorbike
    98 TITANIUM CBR1100XX SUPERBLACKBIRD
    Liked
    1150 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AZAZL View Post
    They take the bike you were riding at the time of the bust.
    FOREVER.
    Need to make sure it's on a test ride then

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Dealer View Post
    On a side note, if you've been on Perth roads for any length of time surely you've got a fair idea of where cameras are going to be and can slow down? If you put yourself in the mindset of a speed camera operator, it's easy to avoid them.
    +1 After a while you get to work out the obvious hiding places

Quote Originally Posted by shifted View Post
    Either way, amazing you get in more trouble for third strike hooning then the newsreader got for kiddy material. Amazing way the laws here work.
    +1 The penalty is worse than killing someone with a vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by Halo_2 View Post
    Can have multiple DD offences, kill a kid, drive without a lic and still get a extraordinary lic.
    Look at DD convictions given out vs hooning, hooning is always higher.
    This ^^

Quote Originally Posted by GreenMeanie View Post
    I’m not arguing. I is.
    #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Phildo View Post
    Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
    Quote Originally Posted by filbert View Post
    i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
    Ozblackbird.net Administrator
    Likes Speed Dealer liked this post

Motorbike
    Expensive Espresso Machine
    Liked
    389 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BusaSteve View Post
    And also their promotion is based upon busts not upholding the law in a sensible fashion.
    They also choose what laws they want to uphold, got done for doing a uturn at the lights was 20m away when the law states 30m anyway the car infront decided to drift around the same set of lights. And cuntstable just said when I mentioned it ‘yer I saw that’

Or seperate occasion mentioning there is major drug dealer across the road ‘we aren’t here for that’. House never got raided and the funny thing is a cunstable also lived two doors down.
    "Some people are like clouds. When they disappear it's a beautiful day"

Liked
    5 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I'm wondering if I should wait for the official letter or go into the DoT and sort out double or nothing soon as.

I don't know if official letter = you're suspended as of today and missed your window to claim double or nothing.

Whats the best approach here?