Thread: Motorsport complex proposal - open for comment

Liked
    2943 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We all want more motorsport and facilities.

How do we achieve this?

$Money$

There was a time a TAB would operate at Claremont speedway.

I think it is time we all started gambling on whatever the TAB has available motorsport wise and join PETA to get horse racing banned.

See where I am going?
    They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits
    Likes goose_b liked this post

Motorbike
    GSX1400
    Liked
    746 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chew View Post
    We all want more motorsport and facilities.

How do we achieve this?

$Money$

There was a time a TAB would operate at Claremont speedway.

I think it is time we all started gambling on whatever the TAB has available motorsport wise and join PETA to get horse racing banned.

See where I am going?
    What get those that canít help themselves to help us.

Like your thinking chew
    The Bend

Hurry Up!!!

Motorbike
    zx14 and a track 10
    Liked
    9 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So fingers crossed....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    zx14

Motorbike
    CBR 125 Fully Sick Edition, Z1000, XJR13 hunjy. The wife
    Liked
    1143 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://autoaction.com.au/2018/02/09...th-unveiled-wa

After so many posts of Ďrumoursí that may have made me look like some sort of insane madman, it looks like It might actually live.

I may actually wet my pants....

Edit: CAMS. And MA get the mentions.

Wonder if the GT series being there rumour might come to fruition as well. 💖
    Sventek, being a predominantly lazy fuck can you please purchase some for me, bring me the stuff, create something I want after you think of it for me then clean my house, wash my car, dog, bike breathe for me.
    Likes shortSteve liked this post

Motorbike
    Honda CBR 1000 RR. CBR 600 RR track
    Liked
    695 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So know that the public comment deadline has come and gone, it would be interesting to see how big the opposition is...
    SP RACINGis supported by:
    MSC Safe Co.com.au S&K Mineservices.com.au
    Motorcycle Panel and Paint.com.au Metroframing.com.au
    Jaguarsteelfabrications.com.au DiLena.com.au

cowgirlz+barfie gone, now its just me sadly looking out my window
    Motorbike
    mine
    Liked
    526 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    there was a public comment meeting the other night, apparently 100 or so people attended and there's a lot of opposition.
    the roads leading to it leave a lot to be desired, the main access is a very rough single lane road, there's a few other roads in but all are gravel. there would be some serious issues with the ground conditions, as that area is fairly low and nasty clay...there'd be a lot of building up of land to be carried out before you'd even think about building a track. another issue is the runoff into the drain running across the southern boundary, then into the serpentine river. certain people are worried about runoff of petrochemicals and even rubber into the drain, so all runoff would need to be trapped and treated in some way. not to mention the 5 residences within 1km of the boundaries.....and a couple of those residents are the biggest whingers you're ever likely to experience!
    comment i had from the old boy was that they would've been better off buying the property 1k up the road, which is larger and all sand.
    personally, i see it going the same route as all the other proposed motorsports venues ie nowhere
    "I think she's kinda sweet...but she makes her living catching cum in her mouth and i'm sensing that's a problem with you"

Motorbike
    2003 R6 Road bike; 2008 R6 Race bike
    Liked
    154 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you read the proposal? The amount of research and work having gone into that is second to none. This track is exactly what the shire needs to bolster income and funding going into the future.

Public comments open until the 22nd I believe.
    "Life begins at the end of your comfort zone."

Motorbike
    Sprint, CBR600RR, RGV250, 450 Desmo, scooter
    Liked
    244 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Second to none? Do proper background work on the proposal and stop looking at it from an engineering perspective. Look at it from a business perspective and I doubt you would be impressed.

Chief wiggam's comments raise valid issues. How will they address site issues and build that track for the budget?

Motorbike
    2007 RSV1000R Factory. 2012 ZX10RR Endurance Special.
    Liked
    3663 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chief wiggum View Post
    i see it going the same route as all the other proposed motorsports venues ie nowhere
    Surely not in a progressive and cutting edge state as WA?
    Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"
    Likes Para045, ReCon liked this post

Motorbike
    GSX1400
    Liked
    746 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil-51 View Post
    Second to none? Do proper background work on the proposal and stop looking at it from an engineering perspective. Look at it from a business perspective and I doubt you would be impressed.

Chief wiggam's comments raise valid issues. How will they address site issues and build that track for the budget?
    Have you considered to long term value of future development after the usable life of the facility?

A lot of people believe the Sahins are only really building Tailem Bend so they have their own private playground to crash their Lamborghiniís. Maybe whoever is behind this is thinking the same.

Honestly who gives a shit weather the developers have their sums right or their reasons for doing it. If they are prepared to do this out of their own pocket support it. If you donít your yet one of the many why nothing ever happens in this state.

No doubt there are some issues. Iíd be surprised is any proposal anywhere went through without some conditions or forced amendments.
    The Bend

Hurry Up!!!

Motorbike
    Liked
    154 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Neil-51
    It isn't a business proposal that they are putting to the bank... If you asses the works proposal as a business proposition no wonder it doesn't look very good.

The Harry Potter series makes for pretty ordinary cookbooks...

Motorbike
    Sprint, CBR600RR, RGV250, 450 Desmo, scooter
    Liked
    244 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bullshit Nick. You show alarming ignorance of investment and finance. Doing engineering drawings is the easy part of this. That is why Scott's new track proposal was a joke. The big challenge is bringing a business proposal to life. The fact that you don't even recognise this speaks volumes. The MBA course was devised to address a lack of management and leadership skill among engineers.

I've already raised with you privately some issues with this proposal and have offered to give you more detail, but you didn't take it up. I'm not going into the detail on public forum.
    Dislikes Mr Bean disliked this post

Motorbike
    Liked
    154 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Neil, your emails only addressed that the Stati group was new and little was known and that it doesn't fill you with confidence, you haven't sent me anything other than that regarding the new track.
    If you have so much more information, please, feel free to share it, educate us a little. I show alarming levels of ignorance about investment and finance because 1) I'm an engineer and finance/accounting wasn't my topic of study, 2) I'm relatively fresh out of uni and 3) I'm not exposed to it enough to actually learn about it. I have some awareness on the topics but forgive me if I don't have the life experience and exposure to the topic that you do.

I'm not trying to attack you, but far out, you, Kev and Carlo seem take every comment so personally and as an attack. I'm not trying to fight you all with every word I say. Why can't we just have a civil discussion instead of a yelling match.

Likes Benzo, Mr Bean liked this post

Motorbike
    2007 RSV1000R Factory. 2012 ZX10RR Endurance Special.
    Liked
    3663 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil-51 View Post
    The MBA course was devised to address a lack of management and leadership skill among engineers.
    Clearly no-one in Oil and Gas has done an MBA.
    Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"
    Likes Morgs liked this post
    Dislikes CbrRider81 disliked this post

Motorbike
    CBR 125 Fully Sick Edition, Z1000, XJR13 hunjy. The wife
    Liked
    1143 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chief wiggum View Post
    there was a public comment meeting the other night, apparently 100 or so people attended and there's a lot of opposition.
    the roads leading to it leave a lot to be desired, the main access is a very rough single lane road, there's a few other roads in but all are gravel. there would be some serious issues with the ground conditions, as that area is fairly low and nasty clay...there'd be a lot of building up of land to be carried out before you'd even think about building a track. another issue is the runoff into the drain running across the southern boundary, then into the serpentine river. certain people are worried about runoff of petrochemicals and even rubber into the drain, so all runoff would need to be trapped and treated in some way. not to mention the 5 residences within 1km of the boundaries.....and a couple of those residents are the biggest whingers you're ever likely to experience!
    comment i had from the old boy was that they would've been better off buying the property 1k up the road, which is larger and all sand.
    personally, i see it going the same route as all the other proposed motorsports venues ie nowhere
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeBloke View Post
    Have you read the proposal? The amount of research and work having gone into that is second to none. This track is exactly what the shire needs to bolster income and funding going into the future.

Public comments open until the 22nd I believe.
    Both valid points and so far my rumour factory has been quiet as a Mouse since word got out.

What I was shown , and I wish I had suppressed my glee just that little bit more at the time in order to pay more attention, was the position advertised for some sort of full time planning and infrastructure officer , for the responsible Shire.

Such a small Shire needing a position of this kind seems to indicate fairly serious intent. Whether this site or another is already penciled in somewhere I have no idea, but it would be exciting and hopefully a positive move for the advancement of the WA racing scene...

Iím not far of flogging our place and moving way South, so if anything IS announced, it will no doubt be on the day of our settlement. 😩
    Sventek, being a predominantly lazy fuck can you please purchase some for me, bring me the stuff, create something I want after you think of it for me then clean my house, wash my car, dog, bike breathe for me.