User Tag List

Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 35 of 35

Thread: Perth (Optus) Stadium Parking

  1. #21
    Member chew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Rivervale
    Liked
    2943 times
    Posts
    14,073
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    It is played everywhere on ANZAC Day and after country race meets.
    They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

  2. #22
    Member Neonkore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Motorbike
    2015 R1
    Liked
    3 times
    Posts
    302
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Halo_2 View Post
    What WA was earning in the mining boom was then subsided the operation of the mine.


    The extremely wealthy aren’t paying any tax it’s the common people.
    Hmmm not sure of your understanding on these 2 points...

  3. #23
    Member Halo_2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    From Where You'd Rather Be
    Motorbike
    Expensive Espresso Machine
    Liked
    389 times
    Posts
    7,416
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Neonkore View Post
    Hmmm not sure of your understanding on these 2 points...
    Thats were our money is going and who is paying it back......while common people pay up, extremely wealthy aren't paying.

    Make big business strong and you create a strong economy isn't working, we have the worlds richest companies here but increased unemployment and automation.

    It’s a total mystery – and defies logic – why cutting the corporate income tax would make profit-maximizing companies suddenly change course and share far more of their profits with workers in the form of wage increases.

    http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politi...19-gvnkxh.html

    http://www.smh.com.au/business/the-e...16-glpl3a.html

    http://www.abc.net.au/news/rural/201...sidies/4778042
    Last edited by Halo_2; 27-01-2018 at 06:44 AM.
    "Some people are like clouds. When they disappear it's a beautiful day"
    Likes Green Trident, Para045 liked this post

  4. #24
    Member peter600's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    scarboro
    Motorbike
    between bikes
    Liked
    264 times
    Posts
    2,342
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Halo_2 View Post
    Thats were our money is going and who is paying it back......while common people pay up, extremely wealthy aren't paying.

    Make big business strong and you create a strong economy isn't working, we have the worlds richest companies here but increased unemployment and automation.

    It’s a total mystery – and defies logic – why cutting the corporate income tax would make profit-maximizing companies suddenly change course and share far more of their profits with workers in the form of wage increases.

    http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politi...19-gvnkxh.html

    http://www.smh.com.au/business/the-e...16-glpl3a.html

    http://www.abc.net.au/news/rural/201...sidies/4778042
    Even some of the rich are on your side....




    Memo: From Nick Hanauer
    To: My Fellow Zillionaires



    The model for us rich guys here should be Henry Ford, who realized that all his autoworkers in Michigan weren’t only cheap labor to be exploited; they were consumers, too. Ford figured that if he raised their wages, to a then-exorbitant $5 a day, they’d be able to afford his Model Ts.

    What a great idea. My suggestion to you is: Let’s do it all over again. We’ve got to try something. These idiotic trickle-down policies are destroying my customer base. And yours too.


    https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...tocrats-108014

  5. #25
    Member wonky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    here, there, everywhere
    Motorbike
    honda CBR1100xx norton commando 850
    Liked
    85 times
    Posts
    735
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Meanwhile back at perth stadium, I was gifted a ticket to the cricket yesterday. I played the game the way they wanted me to. Collected every one from the southern suburbs, parked at bull creek station and met one more coming from Mandurah. Parking was free on Sunday, changed trains in the city and made it into my seat fairly quickly and easily. Same at the end of the day it was crowded but everything moved and we got home about 40 minutes after getting out of my seat at the stadium.
    Likes Thomas Peel liked this post

  6. #26
    Member datsikk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    SOR
    Liked
    46 times
    Posts
    804
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Dealer View Post
    There's no parking for anyone there. Only parking available is disabled, and to use that you need to register prior to attending an event.
    I do believe there is parking, about 2500 bays?

    If they believed that the plebs should use public transport they would have built the stadium in the city where all 5 rail services are available.

    The reason they built it where they did and the reason they don't have pleb parking is : to allow the elite to leave with no road congestion to slow them down.

    As for location, once the plebs understand that getting a train home is going to take forever, they will begin making pilgrimages to the casino where their pockets can be emptied.

  7. #27
    Member Halo_2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    From Where You'd Rather Be
    Motorbike
    Expensive Espresso Machine
    Liked
    389 times
    Posts
    7,416
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wonky View Post
    Meanwhile back at perth stadium, I was gifted a ticket to the cricket yesterday. I played the game the way they wanted me to. Collected every one from the southern suburbs, parked at bull creek station and met one more coming from Mandurah. Parking was free on Sunday, changed trains in the city and made it into my seat fairly quickly and easily. Same at the end of the day it was crowded but everything moved and we got home about 40 minutes after getting out of my seat at the stadium.
    Plenty of people voiced their disgrace of having to wait up to 90minutes to leave the stadium.... no different to subiaco if you don’t leave the game early your waiting a loooong time. Your paying a premium to watch a game and should see 100% of it.
    "Some people are like clouds. When they disappear it's a beautiful day"

  8. #28
    Member wonky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    here, there, everywhere
    Motorbike
    honda CBR1100xx norton commando 850
    Liked
    85 times
    Posts
    735
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That might be true but I didn't see any reason for that to be the case. Most likely a few people that want to see the system look bad and the shitty local media too happy to spread negative stories. I actually expected to have big problems and delays and was ready to give them shit for it but I have no reason to complain about parking/transport issues. The worst thing in my opinion was the pathetic food that was on offer. Over priced, shitty greasy crap that run out just after the lunch break. Coffee machines not working or no supplies. Beer was satisfactory though
    Last edited by wonky; 30-01-2018 at 07:41 AM.

  9. #29
    Member Halo_2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    From Where You'd Rather Be
    Motorbike
    Expensive Espresso Machine
    Liked
    389 times
    Posts
    7,416
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yer the food looked piss poor like they have child slave workers behind the scene. Two fish fingers and lettuce as a “fish burger” for 12.50 or a meat patty and sauce “burger” for 9.50.

    Casino does a lot better food and it’s cheaper.
    "Some people are like clouds. When they disappear it's a beautiful day"

  10. #30
    Member Geeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Dianella
    Motorbike
    An invisible one
    Liked
    278 times
    Posts
    1,740
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Opening day event was sold out the day it went on sale so they had 3-4mths to plan for the volumes, absolutely piss poor management. I know plenty of people that went and a lot of the items on the menus weren't even for sale. Why would you not have everything available on opening day and showcase what you can actually do. The comments I have seen today from the stadium management say they got "caught out" by some areas that sold more than expected and it was just a couple of kegs than ran out quicker than planned.

    Heading there on thursday and will be taking all my food and drink with me. Going straight from work so plan on parking over at burswood and walking over.
    Knowledge without mileage equals bullshit.

    "The feelings mutual so kindly fuck off"

  11. #31
    Member Hillz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Mundaring
    Motorbike
    ZX10R, DRZ400SM, YZ250
    Liked
    0 times
    Posts
    1,902
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Quote Originally Posted by Halo_2 View Post
    Yer the food looked piss poor like they have child slave workers behind the scene. Two fish fingers and lettuce as a “fish burger” for 12.50 or a meat patty and sauce “burger” for 9.50.

    Casino does a lot better food and it’s cheaper.
    that pic of the fish fingers was fake, dude took the patty out & used fingers from kids meal. but the food does still look shit & way over priced

    i know if i ever go, i'll have emu exports taped to my leg along with some sausage rolls lol
    Hoonaholics Garage

    "It’s not going to judge you like a fucking Volkswagen would."
    Likes Halo_2 liked this post

  12. #32
    Member chew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Rivervale
    Liked
    2943 times
    Posts
    14,073
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Quote Originally Posted by Geeman View Post
    Opening day event was sold out the day it went on sale so they had 3-4mths to plan for the volumes, absolutely piss poor management. I know plenty of people that went and a lot of the items on the menus weren't even for sale. Why would you not have everything available on opening day and showcase what you can actually do. The comments I have seen today from the stadium management say they got "caught out" by some areas that sold more than expected and it was just a couple of kegs than ran out quicker than planned.

    Heading there on thursday and will be taking all my food and drink with me. Going straight from work so plan on parking over at burswood and walking over.
    Sold out, but not a full house. Six and a half thousand empty seats.
    They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

  13. #33
    Member Geeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Dianella
    Motorbike
    An invisible one
    Liked
    278 times
    Posts
    1,740
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillz View Post
    that pic of the fish fingers was fake, dude took the patty out & used fingers from kids meal. but the food does still look shit & way over priced

    i know if i ever go, i'll have emu exports taped to my leg along with some sausage rolls lol
    Reminds me of the 90's at the WACA, pockets filled with film canisters full of spirits. 1 per cup of coke lol
    Knowledge without mileage equals bullshit.

    "The feelings mutual so kindly fuck off"

  14. #34
    Member chew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Rivervale
    Liked
    2943 times
    Posts
    14,073
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)



    To keep the vegemite sandwiches and Vodka/Tequila oranges fresh.
    They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits
    Likes Geeman liked this post

  15. #35
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Pert
    Motorbike
    push scooter
    Liked
    0 times
    Posts
    12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone parked at/near the stadium/crown for the footy yet? Can anyone confirm you can go past boomgates for free etc?

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •