User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What has happened to the southwest.

Motorbike
    Twins
    Liked
    491 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by datsikk View Post
    I wrote down the actual figures but can't seem to find em. (If I do find em, I'll edit this post) On the radio recently they stated the deaths on our roads per age groups and surprisingly it wasn't the younins and hoons dying, it was the nomads.

In the 18-25 age group it was like 18 deaths (how many of these would have been unlicensed/stolen bikes?) 26-35 may have been 20 odd, 45-55 may have been 20 odd...and the remainder 55+!

So much for speed being a factor..20km/hr UNDER seems to cause more deaths than "hooning"!

Speed limits on certain roads seems extremely random. Sections of the freeway, well lit etc are 80 and other, pot riddled, no light in sight "streets" are 100...go figure!
    For bike crashes there was a shift about 20 years ago. The stats then proved that motorcyclists over 45 were the safest group of all road users.

During the 90's there was a resurgence in riding and the start of the phenomenon of "returning rider".

I knew one around then. 45, not ridden since some wobbly trail bike ride at 17 (of course his memory matched '70's Bunno experience levels).

Buys a harley. Rides for 3 weeks. Drives out his driveway looking the wrong direction into a car and breaks his leg.

His wife then detached his testicles and parked them in a jar on the mantelpiece.

Life for Brian became High Teas with the Ladies. "Do you remember when Brian had his mid life crisis? Well you certainly learnt that lesson, Dear."

Liked
    2943 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AZAZL View Post
    They're hunting on the corners now. I got hooned on an interchange and the cameras are popping up in unusual spots.

They're parking a bidirectional camera van in a new spot on the Mts Bay twisties. Was there again last night.

The first left after the boathouse when perthbound. Where the advert sign is on the Kings Park side.

The view of the van is obscured by the cliff until you are in photo range.

You do not see it until too late. It is closer to the sign than where the pin is on this map:

https://goo.gl/maps/yrsDrWRtfA82
    That was always a favourite spot of the tripod cams in days past.
    They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Motorbike
    Twins
    Liked
    491 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chew View Post
    That was always a favourite spot of the tripod cams in days past.
    Yeah they gave up on that one. The camera would be the other side of the sign and you'd see it and slow down. They tried across the road in the car park and gave up on that one too.

The handhelds in the pines carpark further east by the river is definitely an earner as they are always nailing people westbound coming past the brewery.

Motorbike
    ZX10R, DRZ400SM
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

poor brian, serves him right for buying harley tho
    Hoonaholics Garage

Motorbike
    Twins
    Liked
    491 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hillz View Post
    poor brian, serves him right for buying harley tho
    Yes, he deserves to be outed for that reason alone.

However he's a bit famous, was awarded an OAM and he'd probably hunt me down and kill me with his ninja skills, if I did.

(Hope you'r not stalking PSB, BP.)

Poor bloke started working with us in the late 80's with 3 of us being riders. He wanted to get out with the boys.

Got the exact opposite.

Motorbike
    r1
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CbrRider81 View Post
    That's the one mate It was crazy I heard the crash happen I was living in kirup at the time myself my best mates dad was at the seen being an ambo my siblings witnessed it. As you said they are fucktards. Nah it was two trucks colliding. You say your from donnybrook eh pm me man we might know some people
    I used to ride to kirup and surrounding areas was a lot of fun can you include it in your sw ride but no stopping for any kirup syrup i guess you would know what that is.
    Mate stick to the facts not a fantasy.

Motorbike
    94 cbr1000f
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by llbuono View Post
    I used to ride to kirup and surrounding areas was a lot of fun can you include it in your sw ride but no stopping for any kirup syrup i guess you would know what that is.
    Hahaha the old kirup syrup oh I do know that stuff lol I used sell it and sometimes drink it lol worked at the kirup tavern for a while