94 cbr1000f
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh dear!!! The lack of manners has got you some shit flying at ya. Least they arenít accusing your account of being fake. Remember to use ya manners. Oh and donít be shy to offer fuel food or a beverage to your shadow.
    Likes Graelin liked this post

Motorbike
    Gpx 250cc
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Dealer View Post
    These threads are posted all the time. Most of the time people start off on the right foot. This is the 1 in 4 threads that don't.

SOME people on PSB want to see:

Hi guys, I'm Joe Bloggs. I'd like to go for a ride this weekend but need a shadow. Will pay for lunch or fuel. Thanks.

It's just the way it is on here. You're not the first to post a thread that ended like this and you won't be the last.

See I didn't know that and you sir are very kind for letting me know thank you, some people can learn a thing from you on how to let people know instead of being straight out rude cheers mate. I'll buy you a beer if I ever meet you.
    Likes Speed Dealer, Para045, Thomas Peel liked this post

Motorbike
    S1000RR
    Liked
    220 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paulie803 View Post
    Live to ride this guy...
    been on here 5 minutes and already offering to bash someone
    A similar one turned up on a FB site the other day stating he was a bad ass because he'd been riding without a license, he was obviously called stupid, a dumb ass and a few other names before he removed himself and the post.

Motorbike
    94 cbr1000f
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These threads are posted all the time. Most of the time people start off on the right foot. This is the 1 in 4 threads that don't.

SOME people on PSB want to see:

Hi guys, I'm Joe Bloggs. I'd like to go for a ride this weekend but need a shadow. Will pay for lunch or fuel. Thanks.

It's just the way it is on here. You're not the first to post a thread that ended like this and you won't be the last.

Can you see how what you originally posted sounds a bit off? I need! I want! When you're asking someone to do you a favour...
    A bit of respect and manners goes along way and appreciation to

Motorbike
    Gpx 250cc
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by keys View Post
    Steep learning curve but as long as you have a sense of humour play on

Ps that GSX guy a top bloke 👍😂

Yeh thanks and what if seen so far it doesn't show.

Motorbike
    848,748r,900ssfe
    Liked
    950 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by B00ster View Post
    Yeh thanks and what if seen so far it doesn't show.
    Easy mistake to make ,but he would be the first one to help if needed great mechanic and very wise , a little strange at times .......
    Likes Graelin liked this post

Motorbike
    A Black Thing
    Liked
    296 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Live to ride View Post
    A similar one turned up on a FB site the other day stating he was a bad ass because he'd been riding without a license, he was obviously called stupid, a dumb ass and a few other names before he removed himself and the post.
    Any money says itís the same dude
    Don't ride faster than your guardian angel can fly...

Motorbike
    Kawasaki Ninja
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok thanks for the input like it says on my first text I am new to this and think i just just needed a few learning curves, I'm really not on here to argue with anyone just want to meet ppl like minded cheers.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok that would be sweet thanks i am in huntingdale thought which i don't think would be close to you, but let me know cheers!
    Too far away for an after work ride but Saturday week I should be free. (That would be the 10th). As all have stated, try to squeeze in a lesson or two before then. Iím happy to give you pointers but no responsibility taken.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Motorbike
    A Black Thing
    Liked
    296 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sorry but I dont like ppl swearing and being rude to me.
    what? are you a 12yo girl? "mum someone was rude to me on the internet"
    so I'm going to fight them and show I'm really tough and they're not...not really how the world works pal. There are some awesome people on here who will help you, there are lots who will have a laugh at your expense, there are some who may even become your friend, there are some who are just cunts...that's the make up of the world, you don't have to like it, you certainly don't have to offer to 'fix it' with violence and threats, just ignore what you don't like and move along
    Don't ride faster than your guardian angel can fly...
    Likes Ryanoceros, Geeman liked this post

Motorbike
    MT09
    Liked
    1569 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lets be honest. Real talk.

The assessors testing you have a checklist. You complete the checklist, you pass the test. I got my licence having ridden a grand total of 5 hrs in my entire life...because I learnt to pass the test.

Going out with a shadow will get you more experience and more confidence (which is a good thing), but it won't help you pass the test.

Eg. I always ride in the right wheel track closest to the centre line, closest to oncoming traffic. Whereas in the test you have to ride in the left wheel track, furthest from traffic.

However if there's an island or barrier separating oncoming traffic, they want you to ride in the right wheel track, however if there's a cycle lane and an island they want you to ride in the left wheel track to stop vehicles going around you.

Blah, blah, blah...

As soon as you get your licence, this all goes out the window pretty much and you do what works for you.

Side note: In Victoria, learners don't need a shadow and can ride around by themselves on L plates as long as they wear a hi-viz vest. Their motorcycle road toll is usually equal or less than WA... and Victoria has double the population. Figure that one out.
    Likes pnork liked this post

Motorbike
    Gpx 250cc
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Gim;3384495]Too far away for an after work ride but Saturday week I should be free. (That would be the 10th). As all have stated, try to squeeze in a lesson or two before then. Iím happy to give you pointers but no responsibility taken.

Yeh mate that sounds great thanks. I'll have a lesson next week before we meet up if thats ok cheers!

Motorbike
    Gpx 250cc
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paulie803 View Post
    what? are you a 12yo girl? "mum someone was rude to me on the internet"
    so I'm going to fight them and show I'm really tough and they're not...not really how the world works pal. There are some awesome people on here who will help you, there are lots who will have a laugh at your expense, there are some who may even become your friend, there are some who are just cunts...that's the make up of the world, you don't have to like it, you certainly don't have to offer to 'fix it' with violence and threats, just ignore what you don't like and move along

Really i just got in here cos i was told by a mate about this and I thought it's would be a good place to meet ppl and have some fun, ok I should have said please and thank you but that was a mistake and have corrected it since. I have always been a long the lines of dont say anything unless you would say it to there face and as for the riding without a licence thing, it was a stupid thing I did when i was younger like i said the only reason I said about it was because someone asked how i have road experience im not trying to be a bad was, I just want to go for a ride with a group of good ppl have some laughs and some beers.

Motorbike
    Gpx 250cc
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lets be honest. Real talk.

The assessors testing you have a checklist. You complete the checklist, you pass the test. I got my licence having ridden a grand total of 5 hrs in my entire life...because I learnt to pass the test.

Going out with a shadow will get you more experience and more confidence (which is a good thing), but it won't help you pass the test.

Eg. I always ride in the right wheel track closest to the centre line, closest to oncoming traffic. Whereas in the test you have to ride in the left wheel track, furthest from traffic.

However if there's an island or barrier separating oncoming traffic, they want you to ride in the right wheel track, however if there's a cycle lane and an island they want you to ride in the left wheel track to stop vehicles going around you.

Blah, blah, blah...

As soon as you get your licence, this all goes out the window pretty much and you do what works for you.

Side note: In Victoria, learners don't need a shadow and can ride around by themselves on L plates as long as they wear a hi-viz vest. Their motorcycle road toll is usually equal or less than WA... and Victoria has double the population. Figure that one out.
    Cheers man for the heads up, if you are free at any point and would like to go for a ride that would be great I would buy you a feed or a drink depending on where we would go, seems that you know what you are talking about, let me know thanks.

Motorbike
    MT09
    Liked
    1569 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers man for the heads up, if you are free at any point and would like to go for a ride that would be great I would buy you a feed or a drink depending on where we would go, seems that you know what you are talking about, let me know thanks.
    I'm living in Melbourne these days but good luck with it all.

Motorbike
    Gpx 250cc
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh spewing well have a good one mate

Motorbike
    Twins
    Liked
    491 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by keys View Post
    Easy mistake to make ,but he would be the first one to help if needed great mechanic and very wise , a little strange at times .......

He's not strong you don't understand spanglish.

Or mechanical is.

Or whathafuckthat languish is...
    We have a gene for gossip.
    We have a gene for superstition.
    We have a gene for jumping to conclusions and making fools of ourselves
    but we have no gene for science.
    Michio Kaka on "Buttpower"
    Likes B00ster, Ryanoceros liked this post

Motorbike
    Twins
    Liked
    491 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh spewing well have a good one mate
    I think there is scope for an MMS type cage event where the affectionados of face mashing can come together for a little err biffo or whatever it is called now.

Hey Booster I back in town next wed. You need a shadow anytime after that all good go for a ride.
    We have a gene for gossip.
    We have a gene for superstition.
    We have a gene for jumping to conclusions and making fools of ourselves
    but we have no gene for science.
    Michio Kaka on "Buttpower"

Motorbike
    Gpx 250cc
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AZAZL View Post
    I think there is scope for an MMS type cage event where the affectionados of face mashing can come together for a little err biffo or whatever it is called now.

Hey Booster I back in town next wed. You need a shadow anytime after that all good go for a ride.

Hey mate! Yeh that would be sick cheers! Im pretty much free anytime so that would be great thanks mate! I'll buy you feed or throw you some fuel money.

Motorbike
    Raj
    Liked
    901 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I was made to sit a license test I doubt if Iíd pass it.
    Iíve been riding for the odd month or two.
    Unfortunately the license test has fuck all to do with riding a bike. It has everything to do with learning a set of drills the examiner is expecting to see. If he or she doesnít see those drills, you donít pass.

There has been some great advice offered in this thread, as Molly said, ďDo yourself a favour.Ē

Bottom line, a license test has fuck all to do with your ability to ride a bike.
    Your attitude sucks.
    May I attend your test?
    I want to see your expression and listen to your discriptions of your Examiner after he/she tells you to come back next month.
    Likes Sorbent91, Corona 122 liked this post