User Tag List

Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 61 to 67 of 67

Thread: Need a shadow this weekend

  1. #61
    Member whipp3t's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North of River
    Motorbike
    GSXR 1100 and a not yet broken 899 Panigale
    Liked
    42 times
    Posts
    363
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=GreenMeanie;3384542]If I was made to sit a license test I doubt if Iíd pass it.

    Don't you have to do your test every year ? like your eyesight test. :-)

    Iíve been riding for the odd month or two.
    Unfortunately the license test has fuck all to do with riding a bike. It has everything to do with learning a set of drills the examiner is expecting to see. If he or she doesnít see those drills, you donít pass.

    Sound advice :-)
    The past is History
    The future a Mystery
    and Now is a Gift, that's why it is called The Present.
    Likes Para045, Thomas Peel liked this post

  2. #62
    Member GsxInShed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Next to the big hole in the economy
    Motorbike
    (TY-250- RD350LC- Gsx 750 esd) Current -Gsx 250 SSM GSX 1100 EFE
    Liked
    304 times
    Posts
    7,930
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Quote Originally Posted by B00ster View Post
    Yeh thanks and what if seen so far it doesn't show.
    I was extremely kind to you bUUster...you should be in fkn lockup for riding "In Perth for 2 YEARS " without a fkn licence Your words pal. Like a rockstar..

    No matter what anyone else says....If you have changed, yet you are still a cock......get some lessons...please.

    There are people on here who would be the ones called to your fatal accident and have to clean up the mess....as well as having to tell your next of kin ..

    What would you say to them...?

    Advise is free how you use it can be priceless... I'm really just a big dog.. bark is much worse than my bite.....just don't push it though...

    are we buddies now...that I have made myself very clear..?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by keys View Post
    Easy mistake to make ,but he would be the first one to help if needed great mechanic and very wise , a little strange at times .......
    I am extremely patient.. even with you Keys.

    My strangeness is my strength.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Live to ride View Post
    A similar one turned up on a FB site the other day stating he was a bad ass because he'd been riding without a license, he was obviously called stupid, a dumb ass and a few other names before he removed himself and the post.
    " HINT "
    " Imagination is the seed of life..."
    Likes Thomas Peel, keys, GreenMeanie, dwillia liked this post

  3. #63
    User is on Probation
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Motorbike
    Gsx750f, 1980 gs1000s st race bike.
    Liked
    0 times
    Posts
    3,578
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by B00ster View Post
    Can you explain to me how I'm being thoughtless and inconsiderate and to who for me please
    Hi booster if you want a shadow to learn pm me.
    Mate stick to the facts not a fantasy.

  4. #64
    User is on Probation
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Motorbike
    Gsx750f, 1980 gs1000s st race bike.
    Liked
    0 times
    Posts
    3,578
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Dealer View Post
    Lets be honest. Real talk.

    The assessors testing you have a checklist. You complete the checklist, you pass the test. I got my licence having ridden a grand total of 5 hrs in my entire life...because I learnt to pass the test.

    Going out with a shadow will get you more experience and more confidence (which is a good thing), but it won't help you pass the test.

    Eg. I always ride in the right wheel track closest to the centre line, closest to oncoming traffic. Whereas in the test you have to ride in the left wheel track, furthest from traffic.

    However if there's an island or barrier separating oncoming traffic, they want you to ride in the right wheel track, however if there's a cycle lane and an island they want you to ride in the left wheel track to stop vehicles going around you.

    Blah, blah, blah...

    As soon as you get your licence, this all goes out the window pretty much and you do what works for you.

    Side note: In Victoria, learners don't need a shadow and can ride around by themselves on L plates as long as they wear a hi-viz vest. Their motorcycle road toll is usually equal or less than WA... and Victoria has double the population. Figure that one out.
    I think the penalties are much harsher from the the early eighties on victoria has been hammering drink driving and speeding starting with tapes on the roads, we have the softest penalties for speeding in australia in wa except for the nt, i am not saying speeding causes accidents but with the penalties being so expensive on the east coast people just don't speed.
    Last edited by llbuono; 22-03-2018 at 08:48 PM.
    Mate stick to the facts not a fantasy.

  5. #65
    Member AZAZL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Somewhere else
    Motorbike
    Twins
    Liked
    491 times
    Posts
    5,114
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Congrats B00ster for passing. Impressive performance on a 30 year old 250. That fork dive was crazy so ebrake would have been fun.
    Likes Corona 122 liked this post

  6. #66
    Member GsxInShed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Next to the big hole in the economy
    Motorbike
    (TY-250- RD350LC- Gsx 750 esd) Current -Gsx 250 SSM GSX 1100 EFE
    Liked
    304 times
    Posts
    7,930
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    So here we are..

    Congrats on passing the test.

    That Azazl guy, Jim is his name...eh?

    Well B00ster , Jim reckons your a top bloke, says you'd be the first one to dig in and give a hand if needed..Good on the spanners, too.

    So I''l go with that... good on yer , bro!!

    Where have I heard that before...???? oh well....
    " Imagination is the seed of life..."

  7. #67
    Member Gim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Norther Suberbs
    Motorbike
    Kawasaki Ninja
    Liked
    0 times
    Posts
    495
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well done mate and congrats on passing.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •