Liked
    1372 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
    yes, i agree its absolutely the manufacturers to be blamed, not to mention having to use their floor plan ( bike stock finance ) they dont seem to get that manufacturers and dealers are symbiotic, if your long term dealers are not successful then neither are you and you need to take a good long hard look at yourselves. it a perfect storm for a lot of bike shops at the moment, high overheads, reduced economy, reduced interest in motorcycles overall, low bike margins and the internet effecting the accessories.

in my mind the profit you should get from a premium bike brand dealership by selling bikes is the reason to have one, it would be your core business, but thats not there so why bother?? if some dope is walking around actually saying dealers arent there to make money he should be sacked. on the spot. but i think hes highlighted the problem.

i dont think $110 ph is too bad but charging over rrp isnt cool man, not cool, i had to order a clutch cutout switch for my GSXR an was seeing prices $35 USD and like that for genuine and non genuine parts on ebay and the net, wandered in and got a genuine suzuki part locally from a dealer for $19.00 including the mounting screw. happy dayz, i will be going back there ( and have )

sorry to rant on but being on the outside looking in my opinion somethings on the nose with the dealer model.
    Suzuki seem to be the only manufacturer (jap big 4) that keeps parts stock in oz. Never had to wait for genuine parts longer than 3 days. Yamaha were hopeless (not the dealer, they were great), Kawasaki I haven't used for a few years but were not as readily available as Suzuki, have heard Honda just as bad as Yamaha. Shame I can't find a bike I like, prices are quite reasonable at the moment.
    yes, i am ignorant
    yes, i am a prick
    no, i don't care
    you make me sick

Liked
    5 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The fact that parts are hard to get and expensive was a major contributor to why I went European, we in Perth seem to get the same experience whether it's jap or euro (by exception, Suzuki).
    Likes shortSteve liked this post

Motorbike
    98 TITANIUM CBR1100XX SUPERBLACKBIRD
    Liked
    1150 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
    i dont think $110 ph is too bad but charging over rrp isnt cool man, not cool, i had to order a clutch cutout switch for my GSXR an was seeing prices $35 USD and like that for genuine and non genuine parts on ebay and the net, wandered in and got a genuine suzuki part locally from a dealer for $19.00 including the mounting screw. happy dayz, i will be going back there ( and have )
    Yep I used to use THS but found they rarely had anything in stock and would have to order it in and wait a week and pay ridiculous shipping charges as well My 1st R/R years ago was over $100 + $10 s&h, only took ~4 days but probably could have ordered from the USA and got it for ~$80 in a similar timeframe Wanted mushroom fairing bolts, THS was ~$4.50 + ~$4 s&h each, ordered some from the US with some other bits like a visor insert etc and paid only $1.50 each and the s&h was only a fraction more

Saying that some places aren't too bad on stuff, I was doing some work on my Bird a week or so ago and found the left front indicator wasn't working and thought it was globe until I opened it up and found it was the bulb socket that went on the end of the indicator sub harness wiring

I expected that I would need to either order from a dealer and wait weeks and get raped or look for a genuine on the net somewhere or a copy off eBay and still wait a while Ron Ayers US listed them @ $10.88 USD and Partzilla @ $11.42 USD plus whatever shipping is applied and I'd guess a week wait

I was surprised to find one listed on www.westcoastmotorcycles.com.au and it was only $16.40 AND in stock so rung to check and then went and picked it up

Quote Originally Posted by shortSteve View Post
    Suzuki seem to be the only manufacturer (jap big 4) that keeps parts stock in oz. Never had to wait for genuine parts longer than 3 days. Yamaha were hopeless (not the dealer, they were great), Kawasaki I haven't used for a few years but were not as readily available as Suzuki, have heard Honda just as bad as Yamaha. Shame I can't find a bike I like, prices are quite reasonable at the moment.
    The last couple of years I've been getting my regular parts I don't want to wait for from Rick Gills and they've usually had a part in stock or was able to get one ex east within a day or so Most other stuff like brake pads/filters/plugs/chains & sprockets etc I order beforehand and usually from the US as it's much cheaper
    #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Phildo View Post
    Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
    Quote Originally Posted by filbert View Post
    i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
    Ozblackbird.net Administrator