Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another one bites the dust.

Joondalup Motorcycles is giving up its Suzuki dealership, and closing down.
    Sale now on.
    The only thing wrong with a perfect ride to work is that you end up at work.
    G T

Motorbike
    Hooligan bikes
    Liked
    20 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Trident View Post
    Joondalup Motorcycles is giving up its Suzuki dealership, and closing down.
    Sale now on.
    Yer Bit sad but just the way the market is at the moment. Steve is staying on to do servicing/suspension work out the back. But the main shop front will close.

Adam and Steve were always good to deal with. Can only wish them both the best.
    Ride to feel alive.
    Likes shortSteve, Heretic, BillyBoof liked this post

Motorbike
    ZX10R, DRZ400SM
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so its not closing down, just down grading operations to more affordable levels, makes sense WA is a shit place to own a bike shop these days

90% of them is there own fault for being stuck up cunts, but even the nice ones struggle
    Hoonaholics Garage

"Itís not going to judge you like a fucking Volkswagen would."
    Likes =Maz= liked this post

Motorbike
    2011 Gixxer 600
    Liked
    2552 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was in at Cannington Motorcycles (pretty sure that's the shop) last winter looking for a new pair of oven mitts for winter and they said they used to sell 30 bikes/month. They're now selling 2 bikes/month. Tough gig.

They were in a prime position on Albany Hwy but they've shifted a bit further back - presumably smaller shop and less rent.
    Likes Graelin liked this post

Motorbike
    Liked
    1569 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Adam is a bloody legend. Best customer service of any dealership in Perth by a mile. Always remembered my name, even if I hadn't been in there for 6 months. Took my bike in there just before 5pm for a service the following day and Adam offered me a lift home as he was finishing work.

I needed my valve clearances done, so I took my bike in there, he threw me a service manual and said save some money and do it yourself, just bring the manual back when you're finished.

Motorbike
    Hooligan bikes
    Liked
    20 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Dealer View Post
    Adam is a bloody legend. Best customer service of any dealership in Perth by a mile. Always remembered my name, even if I hadn't been in there for 6 months. Took my bike in there just before 5pm for a service the following day and Adam offered me a lift home as he was finishing work.

I needed my valve clearances done, so I took my bike in there, he threw me a service manual and said save some money and do it yourself, just bring the manual back when you're finished.
    This 100%. The service I got there is the reason I kept going back. Their service has been top notch.
    Ride to feel alive.
    Likes Speed Dealer liked this post

Motorbike
    CBR 125 Fully Sick Edition, Z1000, XJR13 hunjy. The wife
    Liked
    1143 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Legitimate question for those who may know, just how many new bike dealers are still operating in WA, especially the metro area / surroundings?

If possible, how many were there during the good times?

It would be interesting to see the actual attrition rate vs downsizing or restructuring...
    Sventek, being a predominantly lazy fuck can you please purchase some for me, bring me the stuff, create something I want after you think of it for me then clean my house, wash my car, dog, bike breathe for me.

Motorbike
    ZX10R, DRZ400SM
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it would take me a little while to make up such a list, i'll try & have a look tomorrow if things are quiet. would be interesting

as we know many are gone Kawasaki Northside / chapman / highway yamaha / wanneroo m/c the KTM west / all the causeway etc many shops giving up their franchises & plenty of rumors others are closing

but i can tell you shit looks bad for franchises in WA, some are doing well & many sole traders can do very well but i think the big brands suck the life out shops in WA when the demand just isn't there , even some sole trader shops that use to do big business back in the day are having trouble even keeping the lights on today
    Last edited by Hillz; 15-03-2018 at 03:35 PM.
    Hoonaholics Garage

"Itís not going to judge you like a fucking Volkswagen would."