User Tag List

Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: interesting traffic event (Kwinana FWY)

Motorbike
    (TY-250- RD350LC- Gsx 750 esd) Current -Gsx 250 SSM GSX 1100 EFE
    Liked
    304 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BusaSteve View Post
    In the picture it is plain to see he is seriously tailgating the silver Toyota at what can be assumed as freeway speed and as such is an offence. Copies of it should be sent to the Minister for Police, the Police Commisioner and the diligent ACA team. This person is a danger to all around him and should be targeted by the police who now would have a duty of care.
    So yeh DO THAT.......^^^^^

And then find out what is the trigger for such arrogant behaviour... ( my guess is mental illness...of the unmanagable kind.. sad)
    " Imagination is the seed of life..."

Liked
    739 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the picture it is plain to see he is seriously tailgating the silver Toyota at what can be assumed as freeway speed and as such is an offence. Copies of it should be sent to the Minister for Police, the Police Commisioner and the diligent ACA team. This person is a danger to all around him and should be targeted by the police who now would have a duty of care.
    Yes that long haired Git in the previous picture post is the guy I saw filming me on his phone, and I believe from Facebook posts from the local area that Govt Ministers including John Quigley have contacted the local Police station demanding action be taken with regards to this idiot.

Liked
    2943 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The thing with tailgating is that the defence in court is easy.

"I could have stopped safely"

Becomes a matter of opinion then thrown out.
    They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Motorbike
    ZX10R, DRZ400SM, Speedmaster 865, YZ250
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dicks do this all the time, bike was in the wrong he shouldn't have been there sitting with the cars like a lemon.. party zone is there for a reason so you don't have to be involved in BS like that
    Likes BillyBoof liked this post

Motorbike
    MT09
    Liked
    317 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chew View Post
    The thing with tailgating is that the defence in court is easy.

"I could have stopped safely"

Becomes a matter of opinion then thrown out.
    I dont see how a defence like that could be used with the distance between those two, besides if plod says 'no you couldnt' in court isnt his/her opinion the only one that counts?
    Smoke me a kipper...I'll be home in time for breakfast

Liked
    2943 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont see how a defence like that could be used with the distance between those two, besides if plod says 'no you couldnt' in court isnt his/her opinion the only one that counts?
    The distance is the problem.

Unless it has changed it always said you must follow at a safe distance or be able to stop safely in an emergency without hitting anything.

This is where it comes down to "He said, she said" and ultimately if nothing happened was it unsafe?

I discussed this at length with an officer (sarge in the photo division) one day who said it annoyed the hell out of him as he has been tailgated and could not with any confidence book the people because of the technicality.

Push bikes can be pinged for following within two metres of a vehicle over a distance however.
    They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Motorbike
    Triumph Trident
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When following that close the following driver would not be in a position to see the small animal that the front driver saw and braked for...😈
    The only thing wrong with a perfect ride to work is that you end up at work.
    G T

Motorbike
    98 TITANIUM CBR1100XX SUPERBLACKBIRD
    Liked
    1150 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Trident View Post
    When following that close the following driver would not be in a position to see the small animal that the front driver saw and braked for...��
    +1 I had a fuckwit do this many years ago heading east on The Mitchell Fwy before the old Joondalup Dr exit in my 78 F100 4WD, I couldn't see half his windscreen let alone bonnet
    Unfortunately for him I had to brake hard for a "dog" that ran across the road in front of me and he went under the step bumper causing a few scratches/gouges to my F100's bumper but about $3k worth of damage to his Commonwhore

I stopped as required and he started ranting about how it was going to cost me heaps of $ for the repairs till I "politely" advised him he was in the wrong legally and that even IF I had insurance he wouldn't be getting a penny off me

I could see he was fuming and looking to start something but given he was about the same size as the guy in the photos and I was ~140kg's and doing weights at the time he obviously thought better of it

He then just decided to jump in his car and fuck off without exchanging details I actually did have full comp insurance but it was fun to see his face when I suggested I didn't

I reported it to the cops as soon as possible but they didn't really want to know
    #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Phildo View Post
    Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
    Quote Originally Posted by filbert View Post
    i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
    Ozblackbird.net Administrator
    Likes El Skitzo, Green Trident liked this post

Motorbike
    '13 YZF-R1
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wouldn't surprise me if he hasn't got insurance (so you chase him through court for a $5/month payment to pay out your insurance claim) and just buys another due to run-out soon bunky as needed once the old one is written off.

Quote Originally Posted by Para045 View Post
    I reported it to the cops as soon as possible but they didn't really want to know
    Too much hard work involved and doesn't benefit their quotes. When my car got broken into I rang up and said can I bring the car in and you do a check for fingerprints maybe its a serial offender you have on file already - got laughed at and told no, no point. Couldn't even make a complaint either about the person, got laughed at for that too.

I don't get why people want to work in a profession they aren't passionate or drawn to - do something else if you can't be fucked upholding the values of the profession you work in.
    '13 YZF-R1 // '00 RZ Supra // '72 XA Fairmont Sedan (Resto Project)
    Likes marras liked this post