Liked
    2533 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty MOOSE View Post
    Survey complete I think its a great idea. Now only if W.A could take a leaf out of the Gold Coast in regards to cycling infrastructure! It works for everyone. Anyway back on the dirt bike as no one cares about road bikes Perth doesn't even have a race track for them anymore.......

MM
    I agreed with quite a few things with the survey also, but the training routes are dangerous. As is the idea of the zig zag being for just one demagraphic
    REPENT MOTHER FUCKER
    (anarchy in english )

Motorbike
    Exotic Italian Muscle
    Liked
    438 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there a good reason why cyclists cant ride single file? Surely they look behind at some point and feel like shit for holding traffic up?
    Its all good on Ducati's

Motorbike
    Gpx 250 suzuki bandit 1250
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gippo View Post
    Is there a good reason why cyclists cant ride single file? Surely they look behind at some point and feel like shit for holding traffic up?
    this as actually what they crave. the feeling of power by directly allowing traffic to move fast, slow or even stop. its the same head spinning highs security guards feel wearing a pseudo cop badge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paraletic View Post
    little end bearing. best describes as the sound of 'A little black man with a hammer in your engine'. big end sounds like a bigger black man...
    Likes Marty MOOSE, BusaSteve liked this post

Liked
    201 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny D View Post
    this as actually what they crave. the feeling of power by directly allowing traffic to move fast, slow or even stop. its the same head spinning highs security guards feel wearing a pseudo cop badge.
    Yeh thats it all cyclist's do this its all we think about holding up traffic. Now if you throw in sex and money we will be complete as the power issue is dealt with already.....

MM

Motorbike
    Twins
    Liked
    491 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The training routes need buffered bicycle lanes through the blind corners.

Legally the cyclists would be required to remain in the buffered lanes at those locations.

It would protect other road users from liability in the event of meeting the peleton on a blind corner.

That's not going to happen of course.

Closing the zigzag to motorists is a good thing and open it to A.H. SMoto ninja runs.
    Likes =Maz=, shan liked this post

Motorbike
    ZX10R, DRZ400SM
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AZAZL View Post

Closing the zigzag to motorists is a good thing and open it to A.H. SMoto ninja runs.

haha imagine how many riders would go off the edge, its only down the road from my house & ive done it 1000's of times and i have nearly gone over a few times
    Hoonaholics Garage

"Itís not going to judge you like a fucking Volkswagen would."

Motorbike
    Twins
    Liked
    491 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It would make the uphill night run a lot safer without meeting cars coming downhill.

Liked
    201 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AZAZL View Post
    It would make the uphill night run a lot safer without meeting cars coming downhill.
    Could not agree more although its much easier for me to take to the gravel on a pushy
    MM
    Likes shan liked this post

Motorbike
    Gen 2 SV650
    Liked
    2501 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a bunch of princesses we are. Complaining about having to slow down for a few minutes.
    All the chest beating about killing someone on a bicycle for holding us up, like our time is more important than someone else's life.

Pathetic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Desmo View Post
    Why be a cunt about it?
    Likes crispymk2 liked this post

Motorbike
    (TY-250- RD350LC- Gsx 750 esd) Current -Gsx 250 SSM GSX 1100 EFE
    Liked
    304 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Geez Keen , what brought that on....???

Everyone has ridden a pushy at some stage in their lives... I never had the protection these new laws provide to pushy riders.

I have kicked a few doors in ..... had a mirror of an xt falcon in my shed for years.. I tried to tell him he didn't need it 'cause he didn't use it.

I used to ride on my own mostly.. not able to afford decent treddlie .

I could keep up with cages back then.. up to about 60 k's.. and ride about 10-100k's a week...

One rider isn't a threat to riders and drivers...10 bikes are...
    " Imagination is the seed of life..."

Liked
    201 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Funny I've never seen a pushy rider as a threat! I recon I could run over 10 easy with my roo bar and look for more. The issue is peoples attitudes have changes as most people are sheep led by the latest social media thread. The agro has risen against bike riders, I've been riding bikes on the road for over 30yrs we never used to have issues. I to have kicked in doors and had the odd bit of biffo but the game changed before the new laws came in.

MM

Motorbike
    (TY-250- RD350LC- Gsx 750 esd) Current -Gsx 250 SSM GSX 1100 EFE
    Liked
    304 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Funny I've never seen a pushy rider as a threat! I recon I could run over 10 easy with my roo bar and look for more. The issue is peoples attitudes have changes as most people are sheep led by the latest social media thread. The agro has risen against bike riders, I've been riding bikes on the road for over 30yrs we never used to have issues. I to have kicked in doors and had the odd bit of biffo but the game changed before the new laws came in.

MM
    Fair point... the social media thing...safety in numbers if you are doing it wrong ...doesn't make it right.

what about that..? Just doing the right thing... where's that gone... I know , on a pushy i'm fkn mince if I take on a cage ...and loose...but I have heaps more outs if it gets serious...footpath..grass verge

Fuk even aim for the bollards and hope cage wants to chase.... but if it comes to that...I'm dealin' with a fkn screw loose driver anyway..

And I would never think I had the right to hold up/slow traffic when I ride.....that is a cunt act ......and should not be encouraged...
    " Imagination is the seed of life..."
    Likes marras liked this post

Motorbike
    between bikes
    Liked
    264 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gippo View Post
    Can't answer that.

My group always goes single file for traffic. Would appreciate a toot if you're approaching from the rear. Bloody hard to hear what's behind.

Get annoyed by cages giving flak on dual lane roads. Too hard to move into the right lane sometimes, apparently!

Liked
    201 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GsxInShed View Post
    Fair point... the social media thing...safety in numbers if you are doing it wrong ...doesn't make it right.

what about that..? Just doing the right thing... where's that gone... I know , on a pushy i'm fkn mince if I take on a cage ...and loose...but I have heaps more outs if it gets serious...footpath..grass verge

Fuk even aim for the bollards and hope cage wants to chase.... but if it comes to that...I'm dealin' with a fkn screw loose driver anyway..
    And I would never think I had the right to hold up/slow traffic when I ride.....that is a cunt act ......and should not be encouraged...
    I don't know anyone who would hold up traffic or does so. The way you read this idea thrown around all pushy riders get up each day with the aim or just holding up traffic 5 a breast while sipping latte's and showing the world their tockley through their lycra safety suits. Really its not the case, yes you can find vids and pictures of cyclists doing the wrong thing I'm sure that's because some people just suck.

Point is you shouldn't have to take a car on while your riding either your pushy or your M/C people on both sides just need to stop being pricks. Some just try to throw their weight around while in a perceived position of power whether that be behind a law or behind the wheel of a vehicle.

MM
    Likes peter600, =Maz= liked this post

Liked
    379 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know anyone who would hold up traffic or does so. The way you read this idea thrown around all pushy riders get up each day with the aim or just holding up traffic 5 a breast while sipping latte's and showing the world their tockley through their lycra safety suits. Really its not the case, yes you can find vids and pictures of cyclists doing the wrong thing I'm sure that's because some people just suck.

Point is you shouldn't have to take a car on while your riding either your pushy or your M/C people on both sides just need to stop being pricks. Some just try to throw their weight around while in a perceived position of power whether that be behind a law or behind the wheel of a vehicle.

MM
    I agree with some of that.

Have you ridden up around the hills on a weekend. I can tell you almost every pack of cyclists I have come across take up the whole lane and are absolute cunts, they wave their fists at you if you pass them on the wrong side of the road.

I'm waiting for Rich... to chime in here.
    Likes Tim the PM liked this post

Motorbike
    Twins
    Liked
    491 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MM
    Impatience is not the primary issue for motorcycles.

It's not being sure when coming around a corner in an 80 - 110 zone whether there is going to be a hazard and sometimes meeting it.

Not only Kalamunda but they are riding from MWR down past Jarrahdale.

Encouraging training/racing cycling and not providing for any buffered cycle lanes in the training zones makes the intention pretty clear.

Motorbike
    Liked
    5260 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marras View Post

Have you ridden up around the hills on a weekend. I can tell you almost every pack of cyclists I have come across take up the whole lane and are absolute cunts, they wave their fists at you if you pass them on the wrong side of the road.

I'll continue bursting their ear drums, and sliding into any flogs who ride UP the Zig Zag...

The Weir Road is a bicycle death waiting to happen...
    Likes =Maz=, Tim the PM, BillyBoof liked this post

Liked
    201 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marras View Post

Yes heaps on Pushy's, m/c and my 4wd towing a trailer never really had an issue. I've had far less agro on the pushy in the hills we must be in different places or have different tolerance thresholds. Notice how I threw a few cycling terms in there "Tolerance and Threshold" we spend lots of time there in the hills. Peter600 will like that Rich well he's just Rich haters always gonna well you know.
    I guess speed comes into it as well,if you are like me and most M/C riders corners are fun fun fun "oh look a yellow sign lets double it and add 10" just for starters! Then a cyclist or any other vehicle, animal or diesel spill does become an issue but the risk is part of the excitement right. The consequences and outcome are shifted, moved or dodged depending on what colour flag you fly and we are all willing to go to war over a flag hey...

MM

Motorbike
    ZX10R, DRZ400SM
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

any pushy rider that can make it on the weir rd is ok in my book even if they are all over the road, im pretty good at weaving anyway lol
    Hoonaholics Garage

"Itís not going to judge you like a fucking Volkswagen would."

Motorbike
    Liked
    5260 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The uphill sections either side of where Aldersyde Rd joins are the issue...

Blind corners and bikes travelling far below the posted 60kph speed limit...
    Likes =Maz=, shan liked this post