Liked
    317 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Commander Keen View Post
    What a bunch of princesses we are. Complaining about having to slow down for a few minutes.
    All the chest beating about killing someone on a bicycle for holding us up, like our time is more important than someone else's life.

Pathetic.
    I would suggest it isnt necesseraly having to slow down now and then it is the increasing incidents of having to slow down....sometimes several times on the same bit of road.
    Smoke me a kipper...I'll be home in time for breakfast

Motorbike
    Gen 2 SV650
    Liked
    2501 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How entitled are you that you have such a tantrum dealing with such a minor inconvenience? Poor snowflakes, nobody is listening to you.
    The rest of us would roll our eyes and get on with life if there weren't the actual possibility of someone being killed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Desmo View Post
    Why be a cunt about it?
    Likes Marty MOOSE liked this post

Liked
    2943 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is an unnecessary inconvenience though, isn't it.

There are plenty of roads with bike lanes and lots of bike paths around.

Yet some (quite a few) cyclists insist on driving to areas with roads unsuitable for mass cycling recreation so they can do a "Tour de Hills".

Why is that?

There are plenty of dicks on both sides. I was riding to Vic Park on GEH the other week and was abused by some gutless prick in a van, I nearly caught up to him at the lights and he saw me point to pull over but he bolted from the lights rather than have me ask what his problem with me riding on the footpath was even though there is a bike lane on GEH? They wanna kill me they are gonna have to make an effort.

I copped another mouthful on Roberts Road, which also has a bike lane but skinny footpath, if there are vehicles around I will go on the footpath to traverse the roundabouts/intersections via the footpath when it is all clear so as not to fuck the traffic flow or be killed by some inattentive twat. I copped another "Fuck you Cunt" while doing this also.

Another chickenshit I may add as he to sped up when he saw me waving him over as well.
    They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Liked
    416 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bikeless now but I used to ride MWR almost every fortnight.

Traffic on Weekends (mornings especially) being worse than a weekday.

Not anti cyclist but if they are to become regular road users then charge them a registration fee like the rest of
    us have to pay.

Happy to share the road but with certain conditions in place:
    Restrict cyclists access from 6am - 12noon (7 days a week) and only then 2 a breast.
    This would be for the Perth Hills area only.

TBH, I found the car clubs to be just as annoying as cyclists.

Still there are plenty of roads out there....(cue I was here first)

Liked
    973 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gippo View Post
    Is there a good reason why cyclists cant ride single file?
    If your position is anti-bike, will any reason be good enough?

Riding two-up in bigger groups makes sense.
    It's more compact, more social, ride further/faster by cycling out two leaders. The average speed increases.
    Think of the goal of these guys as well. They're not out riding 10kms to get a coffee. They're doing 50 - 100+.
    It's just a more efficient method.

It's hard to understand if you haven't done big group rides, for a decent amount of time, or never been a cyclist at all.
    I get that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gippo View Post
    Surely they look behind at some point and feel like shit for holding traffic up?
    For our group...

On a dual carriageway, we will just ride along without too much interest in what's behind us, because there is another lane available if someone wants to overtake us.
    The rides I go on are also at 6:00 on a Saturday morning, so not much traffic anyway.

If it goes down to single carriageway, we'll do one of two things depending on the width of the road:
    - stay as we are, but the last pair will keep an active eye on what's coming up behind us, and yell up the line to let the group know when a car is coming. We'll move over into single file until they're past, and then re-form into our group. Voltron!
    - ride single file - with the rear person keeping lookout and 'reporting up the line' as required.

If we can't get out of the way, we DO feel bad, and do our best to pick up the pace and limit the annoyance if possible/practicable.

We know people don't like us.
    We know some cyclists don't give us a good reputation (either through ignorance or arrogance) - same as anything.

We just want to go for a ride... :/
    Likes peter600, shan liked this post

Motorbike
    MT09
    Liked
    317 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How entitled are you that you have such a tantrum dealing with such a minor inconvenience? Poor snowflakes, nobody is listening to you.
    The rest of us would roll our eyes and get on with life if there weren't the actual possibility of someone being killed.
    I'm not having a tantrum I was pointing that many cyclists travel at way below the speed limit of all other road users and often block the lane...not just once or twice or three times but several times over several roads. Most other road users are not entitled to do this and the incidence is increasing with more and more organised rides where roads are almost closed off for longer periods.

I might also point out that a lot of, not all, cylists are arrogant and ignorant and ride past people on what is essentially still a foot path with little to no regard of other users at speeds that will do both users possible serious damage...and yet these riders are the first ones to bleat when it is their rights to free unhindred passage that are ignored.

I ask you... who is in the right when a small child decides to meander across the path of a cylist using a footpath. Only the other day I was walking my dog in an excecise area...lots and lots of dogs around...a bloke and his two kids decide its a great place to cycle. His son tried to manouvre past us and fell off. The father says to us you should control your dog....she wasnt even near the bloody kid...she was on the other side of the path.

So dont lecture me... you are entitled to your opinion, wrong though it is...and I to mine.
    Last edited by BusaSteve; 27-03-2018 at 04:48 PM.
    Likes Para045 liked this post

Motorbike
    Liked
    5260 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Youíre right, they inconvenience that one vehicle for say 10 seconds...

And then the next vehicle, and the next, and so forth...

If a person was standing in a doorway and you had to go around them, itís not so bad...

But if they stood in the doorway all day long youíd soon be telling them to get the fuck out the way...

Motorbike
    (TY-250- RD350LC- Gsx 750 esd) Current -Gsx 250 SSM GSX 1100 EFE
    Liked
    304 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rich... View Post
    Youíre right, they inconvenience that one vehicle for say 10 seconds...

And then the next vehicle, and the next, and so forth...

If a person was standing in a doorway and you had to go around them, itís not so bad...

But if they stood in the doorway all day long youíd soon be telling them to get the fuck out the way...
    Or just run 'em down on the 'Giant'......

Momma always said.."don't ride that fkn bike in the fkn house ya little fuk...." OR "... stand in the doorway all fkn day.."

Good advice I reckon....

Unicorn.... kitten....zebra. dragon
    " Imagination is the seed of life..."

Motorbike
    MT09
    Liked
    317 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The one thing about this whole affair is if people say nothing it is assumed they all agree...if they say they dont agree they are often ridiculed and called spoilsports or worse. If you dont agree with someones opinion you shouldnt ask for it.

PS mine is always right....fuck off!

Motorbike
    Big bang boom and a sewing machine
    Liked
    2533 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich... View Post
    I'll continue bursting their ear drums, and sliding into any flogs who ride UP the Zig Zag...

The Weir Road is a bicycle death waiting to happen...
    The closest i have come to dead on a motorbike was because of a car overtaking a push bike on a sweeper head towards me, car was 3/4 in my lane, fuck knows how i managed to pull it in and miss, had not much room to manoeuvre,
    REPENT MOTHER FUCKER
    (anarchy in english )
    Likes =Maz= liked this post

Motorbike
    (TY-250- RD350LC- Gsx 750 esd) Current -Gsx 250 SSM GSX 1100 EFE
    Liked
    304 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BusaSteve View Post
    The one thing about this whole affair is if people say nothing it is assumed they all agree...if they say they dont agree they are often ridiculed and called spoilsports or worse. If you dont agree with someones opinion you shouldnt ask for it.

PS mine is always right....fuck off!
    FTW...you're fkn wrong......I'm right!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    The closest i have come to dead on a motorbike was because of a car overtaking a push bike on a sweeper head towards me, car was 3/4 in my lane, fuck knows how i managed to pull it in and miss, had not much room to manoeuvre,
    Time and place........I take it you've heard of the 'Golden BB." ?
    " Imagination is the seed of life..."

Motorbike
    Liked
    2533 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a bunch of princesses we are. Complaining about having to slow down for a few minutes.
    All the chest beating about killing someone on a bicycle for holding us up, like our time is more important than someone else's life.

Pathetic.
    40 bikes within 4 km doing about 5 kmh is not a few minutes inconvenience, every weekend or public holiday it is the same.
    The local folks arnt impressed, but for me the concern is that it will result in the worst possible outcome
    REPENT MOTHER FUCKER
    (anarchy in english )
    Likes marras liked this post

Motorbike
    Liked
    2533 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GsxInShed View Post
    FTW...you're fkn wrong......I'm right!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Time and place........I take it you've heard of the 'Golden BB." ?
    Golden BB?

Got it, lol
    REPENT MOTHER FUCKER
    (anarchy in english )

Liked
    973 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BusaSteve View Post
    I might also point out that a lot of, not all, cylists are arrogant and ignorant and ride past people on what is essentially still a foot path with little to no regard of other users at speeds that will do both users possible serious damage...and yet these riders are the first ones to bleat when it is their rights to free unhindred passage that are ignored.
    Sorry man. Thatís horse shit.

Motorbike
    Ducati 899 Panigale, Honda CBR250RR
    Liked
    130 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    Lucky he wasn't overtaking a tractor or some other slow moving vehicle then, you would have had even less room.
    Clearly the incident was your fault though. You should have left later or earlier, or ridden faster or slower beforehand. Then you wouldn't have been in that exact place at that exact time and there would have been no problem.
    If you want to stay safe, catch the bus.
    Quote Originally Posted by mekon
    Why are pirates called pirates?
    Because they Arrrrrr

Motorbike
    Gpx 250 suzuki bandit 1250
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    fucken lycra fags taking already taking over the roads. now taking over the motorcycle forums. you guys want a 1 post seperation rule so you dont get hurt feels too?
    Quote Originally Posted by Paraletic View Post
    little end bearing. best describes as the sound of 'A little black man with a hammer in your engine'. big end sounds like a bigger black man...
    Likes shan, Para045 liked this post

Liked
    2943 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    No, no it's not.

Pushies are required to have a bell and to ring it when approaching pedestrians on shared paths.

I would say approx. 10% of cyclists do this, another 10% say bike as they are on top of you and the 80% grunt or swear at you if you telepathy does not pick them up.
    They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits
    Likes BusaSteve, marras liked this post

Motorbike
    Twins
    Liked
    491 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well it must be the 1℅ers and they're great advertising for cyclists.
    Likes =Maz= liked this post

Motorbike
    MT09
    Liked
    317 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry your horse shit is horse shit...have experienced it many times on the Bayswater duel use path...cyclists come riding past at least 20 to 25 k's an hour weaving in and out of pedestrians without any warning. As a pedestrian it is not a requirement to look over your shoulder to change sides of the path nor is it a requirement to signal that you intend to do so....yet!

Motorbike
    Twins
    Liked
    491 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They do it to other cyclists. Riding with the kid around the river first lesson is not to change line because some Lycra arsehole on a training run might clip ya without warning.

The kid rings the bell. Most and I mean most speeding Lycras don't.
    Likes BusaSteve liked this post