Liked
    491 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BusaSteve View Post
    Squeaky wheel...gets the attention...If us bikers weren't such lazy fucks, we too would be able to flout the laws with impunity.
    What? You don't? You're doing it wrong.
    Likes thro liked this post

Motorbike
    ZX10R, DRZ400SM, Speedmaster 865, YZ250
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lately, i have been riding my fixed gear in the middle of the lane all over Mundaring & midland.. i use to take the paths, now it gives me a cheap thrill to see drivers go ape lol i don't even wear a helmet and that gets them real fired up
    "It’s not going to judge you like a fucking Volkswagen would."

Motorbike
    Twins
    Liked
    491 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hillz View Post
    lately, i have been riding my fixed gear in the middle of the lane all over Mundaring & midland.. i use to take the paths, now it gives me a cheap thrill to see drivers go ape lol i don't even wear a helmet and that gets them real fired up
    They'll go from ape to ballistic if you buy lycra. Need a mask though. The Donald? MAGA hat?
    We have a gene for gossip.
    We have a gene for superstition.
    We have a gene for jumping to conclusions and making fools of ourselves
    but we have no gene for science.
    Michio Kaka on "Buttpower"

Motorbike
    Gpx 250 suzuki bandit 1250
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that moment you realise mad dog was ahead of the curve
    Quote Originally Posted by Paraletic View Post
    little end bearing. best describes as the sound of 'A little black man with a hammer in your engine'. big end sounds like a bigger black man...
    Likes Hillz, frenchie liked this post

Motorbike
    ZX10R, DRZ400SM, Speedmaster 865, YZ250
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah not your average cyclist attire (much like when i ride the road or bush) dickies shorts & t-shirt.. kind of like a cholo gangsta lol

lucra makes my butt look big
    "It’s not going to judge you like a fucking Volkswagen would."

Motorbike
    VJ22 RGV250, MC22 CBR250RR(R), CBR600RR, CBR1000RR Repsol
    Liked
    4787 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They shouldn't be on that road.

These same pushbike cunts who bleat about other road users giving them a fair berth will quite happily fly through carparks at 40-60km/h, ride on footpaths to circumvent traffic lights, not indicate, etc. It's all about protecting vulnerable people, unless it impedes their abiity to get where they're going. Fucking hypocrites.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by darth lefty View Post
    For a group of people who regularly position themselves as a persecuted road-going minority, I'd have thought that motorcyclists might have found some kinship with or been able to offer some empathy to cyclists.

Boy was I wrong.
    Pfft.

as a motorcyclist i do not obstruct other people from getting to where they want to go. i take responsibility for my own safety. these cunts do not.

edit:

re options: They're better off on foot-paths. the speed differential between the typical footpath user and the typical cyclist is far lower than that between the typical country cyclist dickhead riding up hills on single carriage-way in the country and the prevailing traffic. people walking about on foot are also clearly not in a hurry to get anywhere. most of the users on the road, in contrast, are.
    “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa
    Likes Tim the PM liked this post

Motorbike
    Twins
    Liked
    491 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Benny D View Post
    that moment you realise mad dog was ahead of the curve
    Is he still alive? Green T shirt?

Motorbike
    Twins
    Liked
    491 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nah not your average cyclist attire (much like when i ride the road or bush) dickies shorts & t-shirt.. kind of like a cholo gangsta lol

lucra makes my butt look big
    Oh yeah, it's better to be Cholo than keep bad company.

Liked
    973 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thro View Post
    re options: They're better off on foot-paths. the speed differential between the typical footpath user and the typical cyclist is far lower than that between the typical country cyclist dickhead riding up hills on single carriage-way in the country and the prevailing traffic.
    You’re taking a VERY small sample of the cycling population (the guys in the hills) and basing your position on it.

In the ‘burbs, where the majority ride, the differential is smaller on the road - with cars.

Motorbike
    Liked
    4787 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    You’re taking a VERY small sample of the cycling population (the guys in the hills) and basing your position on it.

In the ‘burbs, where the majority ride, the differential is smaller on the road - with cars.
    Half of my post was about suburban riders.

Sure, the total number of riders i see or have anything to do with in terms of the total cycling population is likely small. But at least half of them are cunts.
    “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Liked
    973 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great. So you've admitted that half of a small population are "cunts".
    That's a great first step.

I also admit that there ARE cyclists who attract unwanted attention (sound familiar?).

But let's not just focus on the bad ones and try and tear down a whole group (we should know better).

This is just like seeing 11:11 on clocks, or the same make/model of car you bought.
    I hate them, therefor I will look out for them.

I think if most people counted how many cyclists they encountered during a day, and how many of them were actually cunts - it would NOT be a high number comparatively.

Mundaring might be an exception to the rule. Those guys are certainly dicing with danger.

At the end of the day, there needs to be understanding on both sides. Doesn't there always?
    Likes Marty MOOSE liked this post

Liked
    973 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the way to work I saw 1 fully lycra'd-up cyclist, riding on the cycle path, and stopping at red lights.

I guess that makes them ALL great law-abiding citizens, if this thread is anything to go by.

Motorbike
    2006 Suzuki GSX1400, 2008 Suzuki SV650
    Liked
    833 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yesterday I watched a 50cc scooter rider split to the front of heavy traffic and then ride at 10-20km/h under the limit...in the emergency lane.

I think we can all agree that they're a bunch of nut-jobs no matter what type of bike we like to ride.
    All I've got and more for #294...RIP Chris Adley
    #158...RIP James Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanoceros View Post
    Wooohoo !! Fucking 10/10 ride. Cheers for that Aari, you really conditioned my sphincter
    Likes BIGMANDAZZ, marras, frenchie liked this post

Motorbike
    Liked
    4787 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    Great. So you've admitted that half of a small population are "cunts".
    That's a great first step.

I also admit that there ARE cyclists who attract unwanted attention (sound familiar?).

But let's not just focus on the bad ones and try and tear down a whole group (we should know better).

This is just like seeing 11:11 on clocks, or the same make/model of car you bought.
    I hate them, therefor I will look out for them.

I think if most people counted how many cyclists they encountered during a day, and how many of them were actually cunts - it would NOT be a high number comparatively.

Mundaring might be an exception to the rule. Those guys are certainly dicing with danger.

At the end of the day, there needs to be understanding on both sides. Doesn't there always?

Half the ones i see are cunts.

However irrespective of that, the behaviour described in this thread's first post = cunts. And that's what we are here to discuss.

Hence my description of them as cunts and that they should not be "on that road". Because riding there and holding up people and putting yourself in harms way on a high speed limit country road with poor visibility and lack of space, only to complain that it is everybody else's problem = being a cunt.

Don't be a cunt, and i have no problem with you riding your bike.

Motorbike
    Twins
    Liked
    491 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did the survey. I think it is a duty of care for the Shire to have buffered cycle lanes on blind corners in the training route.

The rest I don't really care about, even the zigzag. In fact, it would be fun on the electric treadly.
    We have a gene for gossip.
    We have a gene for superstition.
    We have a gene for jumping to conclusions and making fools of ourselves
    but we have no gene for science.
    Michio Kaka on "Buttpower"
    Likes shan, =Maz= liked this post

Motorbike
    Big bang boom and a sewing machine
    Liked
    2533 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned