User Tag List

Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 30 of 30

Thread: What do you pay for rego?

  1. #21
    Member GsxInShed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Next to the big hole in the economy
    Motorbike
    (TY-250- RD350LC- Gsx 750 esd) Current -Gsx 250 SSM GSX 1100 EFE
    Liked
    304 times
    Posts
    7,764
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Quote Originally Posted by agrid View Post
    There was a time when banks were regulated by government. Some wiseguy decided to deregulate, and here we are with banks that answer to their shareholders instead of the customers.
    We are dribblin off thread once again....but it is better than swimming at Gracetown..

    Banks turn huge profits from customers- be that internal or external.. and pass the profits in a very small way back to the shareholders...so the team at the head of the banks pay themselves huge salaries that the shareholders vote on. so far so good.
    The issue or corruption arises from the management of the customers funds.
    It is a business out to make a profit.
    Anyone had the bank claw back a loan..? or hold the chattles involved in the process of that loan.
    It hurts.
    But as a customer it is difficult to grasp the methods that create profit. Just the way the banks want it.
    Hidden fees-non disclosure of hikes in interest on credit pruchases-late payment costs. etc
    Funny thing is the banks' shareholders are usually also customers....
    there used to be a conspiracy theory about the "Midnight Exchange" where for 60 seconds at midnight everynight.. the banks are invisable while the clock changes days. ( in one time zone)
    So they play the entire balance on the exchange rate at the time.. to make a profit without the consent of consumers who are the holders of bank deposits. ( USD - AUD etc...Pound Sterling at times )
    Bonus points if you know a bank employee...who will argue that it's impossible.?
    " Imagination is the seed of life..."

  2. #22
    Member AZAZL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Somewhere else
    Motorbike
    Twins
    Liked
    491 times
    Posts
    5,005
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    WA has only just got into no fault CTP and politically we've been fed the carrot. Like every other state, the stick comes later.

    Wait for reports we are not covering costs and watch the steady rise in CTP in our registrations,

    NT bike rego is so high, higher than cars, because the anti bike Nazis calculated the rate based on per capita claim calculations. Bike riders get splattered more often than car drivers. The cause of accidents was not taken into account.

    There was an outcry when they originally used a flat scale for bikes, so scooter riders were going to pay about $500 IIRC.

    What was implemented were brackets. Sub 125cc is $150 up to 260 is $350, 600's is the big jump $844 and >600cc is $858.

    So have a bike bigger than 260cc and you pay more than car registration.
    Politics is the entertainment branch of industry.

  3. #23
    Member GsxInShed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Next to the big hole in the economy
    Motorbike
    (TY-250- RD350LC- Gsx 750 esd) Current -Gsx 250 SSM GSX 1100 EFE
    Liked
    304 times
    Posts
    7,764
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ^^ And all of that is just bullshit^^^^

    It's just a fukkin TAX...

    I have full comp on the bikes..$20mill third party...$3k gear cover and I still have to pay the CTP on my rego...Bullshit fkn Bullshit

    I PAY for better cover on my own accord...WTF do I also have to pay a TAX to the SGIO. or who ever is the flav of the month insurance cuntpany?????????

    Make it a thing ..I have my own insurance... so I don't pay fot CTP on my rego....NOW.

    No insurance.. no licence... deal ?
    " Imagination is the seed of life..."

  4. #24
    Member BusaSteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    WA NOR
    Motorbike
    MT09
    Liked
    317 times
    Posts
    5,079
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well the government will be quick to point out that we pay less than other places...like the fucking rip off in the UK to justify the inevitable rises....they wont be able to help themselves...esp when they start to siphon it off to pay for their new cars and other perks.
    Smoke me a kipper...I'll be home in time for breakfast

  5. #25
    Member Stu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Bayswater
    Motorbike
    Ducati 1199 Panigale; Suzuki GSXR750 SRAD
    Liked
    330 times
    Posts
    1,470
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Quote Originally Posted by GsxInShed View Post
    We are dribblin off thread once again....but it is better than swimming at Gracetown..

    Banks turn huge profits from customers- be that internal or external.. and pass the profits in a very small way back to the shareholders...so the team at the head of the banks pay themselves huge salaries that the shareholders vote on.
    Why do you say "in a very small way"? Have a look at the dividend pay out ratio for the Commonwealth for example. They return two dividends a year and in 2017 it was $2.30 and $2.00 per share. The full year payout ratio was 75%.
    Spiral out, keep going...


  6. #26
    Member GsxInShed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Next to the big hole in the economy
    Motorbike
    (TY-250- RD350LC- Gsx 750 esd) Current -Gsx 250 SSM GSX 1100 EFE
    Liked
    304 times
    Posts
    7,764
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Quote Originally Posted by Stu View Post
    Why do you say "in a very small way"? Have a look at the dividend pay out ratio for the Commonwealth for example. They return two dividends a year and in 2017 it was $2.30 and $2.00 per share. The full year payout ratio was 75%.
    is that enough for you....?

    LIVE share price is $71.54 DOWN 71 c .....ummmm $2.00 is about 1.43% ( franked credit..?)

    subtract account fees - interest rate - ASX fees...gee I see you are right what a great investment....;-)

    Carrot and stick..... what happens when the bank crashes.( not that it will it's Gubbmint backed...hahahha..)

    they get all the money and drip feed the real owners of the cash "As they see fit.."

    How do they value the stock price.????? well, it really is a science......"Supply and demand.."

    And back to the pseudo management..CEO pay is ; Base rate $2.2m with active bonuses of $6.4m ( which is fukall really...it's in AUD ) and that is 2016.. waddayarekon?

    75% payout ratio ??? wtf is that ...if you are saying that is the share payout to holders they would get $53.655 each ... It's not fkn Lotto, mate..

    another edit--- don't forget to factor in exchange rate moving averages......what is the value of a 0.2 c rise in AUD when you are holding 23 Trillion $aud..? 20c for every $100 ??
    " Imagination is the seed of life..."

  7. #27
    Member Stu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Bayswater
    Motorbike
    Ducati 1199 Panigale; Suzuki GSXR750 SRAD
    Liked
    330 times
    Posts
    1,470
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Quote Originally Posted by GsxInShed View Post
    is that enough for you....?

    LIVE share price is $71.54 DOWN 71 c .....ummmm $2.00 is about 1.43% ( franked credit..?)

    subtract account fees - interest rate - ASX fees...gee I see you are right what a great investment....;-)

    Carrot and stick..... what happens when the bank crashes.( not that it will it's Gubbmint backed...hahahha..)

    they get all the money and drip feed the real owners of the cash "As they see fit.."

    How do they value the stock price.????? well, it really is a science......"Supply and demand.."

    And back to the pseudo management..CEO pay is ; Base rate $2.2m with active bonuses of $6.4m ( which is fukall really...it's in AUD ) and that is 2016.. waddayarekon?

    75% payout ratio ??? wtf is that ...if you are saying that is the share payout to holders they would get $53.655 each ... It's not fkn Lotto, mate..

    Hmmmm, I am using terms that have specific definitions.

    The dividend payout ratio is the ratio of the total value of dividends paid out to shareholders relative to the net income of the company.
    So in 2017, the Commonwealth paid 75% of its total net income in the form of dividends to shareholders. This seems at odds with your
    statement that profits are returned in a very small way back to the shareholders.
    Spiral out, keep going...


  8. #28
    Member GsxInShed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Next to the big hole in the economy
    Motorbike
    (TY-250- RD350LC- Gsx 750 esd) Current -Gsx 250 SSM GSX 1100 EFE
    Liked
    304 times
    Posts
    7,764
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Quote Originally Posted by Stu View Post
    Hmmmm, I am using terms that have specific definitions.

    The dividend payout ratio is the ratio of the total value of dividends paid out to shareholders relative to the net income of the company.
    So in 2017, the Commonwealth paid 75% of its total net income in the form of dividends to shareholders. This seems at odds with your
    statement that profits are returned in a very small way back to the shareholders.
    You state that as though it's a fact...75% of net income = ?

    So if you bought in at $5.41 in 1991 when Paul Keating floated the CBA on the ASX you would be in the money...

    It's ok I am a customer of CBA.. and applaud their money laundering efforts to give me more profits.

    Full year payout ration is around 74.6%

    So there is 5.97m ordinary shares on the ASX ( not all the other branches of CBA investment available)11.14m in profits shared across the board... mmm

    NPAT 2017 $9.985m

    Pretty sure someone has fudged the books on that one..

    Market cap is $127.15 bn ( seems I'm the one fudgin the books... hahha hha I could get a job at CBA.. ahha..
    " Imagination is the seed of life..."

  9. #29
    Member BusaSteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    WA NOR
    Motorbike
    MT09
    Liked
    317 times
    Posts
    5,079
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No matter how or what figures are thrown around it will be us who foot the bill...for whatever reason they see fit.
    Smoke me a kipper...I'll be home in time for breakfast

  10. #30
    Member GsxInShed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Next to the big hole in the economy
    Motorbike
    (TY-250- RD350LC- Gsx 750 esd) Current -Gsx 250 SSM GSX 1100 EFE
    Liked
    304 times
    Posts
    7,764
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Quote Originally Posted by BusaSteve View Post
    No matter how or what figures are thrown around it will be us who foot the bill...for whatever reason they see fit.
    All I expect is 0.02% of the market cap...
    I'm not gonna greedy....eh?

    Sent from my Redmi Note 4X using Tapatalk
    " Imagination is the seed of life..."

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •