Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wheel_of_steell View Post
    QFT

I want to share a case study from the CCC report in the first post:

Should we let Mrs P figure things out the big boy way?
    Well... you just outlined a case whereby she drove a car without incident for 2 years...

Motorbike
    Expensive Espresso Machine
    Liked
    389 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chew View Post
    I see it as a way to keep wages down in the workforce.

People love when stuff is cheaper but get pissed off when it is their job that is targeted.

My industry has a three day install accreditation for people with trade skills or two weeks for anyone off the street.

Pressure from retailers and customers bought it on.

When shit goes wrong they want the fully trained tradespeople to fix it, then whinge about the cost.

Humans are cunce.
    But the cost of fixing it is the same price as a new unit looking at splits, everything is thrown away no real repair shops anymore.

Also it’s not they want fully trained tradespeople to repair is what’s required by law because cert 2 allows f*ck all, a cert 2 would repair if they could.

In all trades employing fully qualified tradesmen doesn’t mean you get a quality product/service because it’s common now to pump out shit work.

The products have to stay cheap because the multi millionaires/billionaires have got richer but the working wage hasn’t changed much at all. The latest AMCN points this out back in 1999 the weekly wage wasn’t far off what it’s now but you could buy everything less then half of what it is now and the cost of house was a 1/3 to 1/4.

Also the markups are insane I was looking at fork compressor tool sells in uk for $240 and $118 in shipping (none in aus) I contacted the manufacturer they sell them for $30 each.
    Last edited by Halo_2; 17-05-2018 at 11:26 AM.
    "Some people are like clouds. When they disappear it's a beautiful day"
    Likes Graelin liked this post

Motorbike
    Yamaha R15
    Liked
    2997 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    KPIs in education, teachers and instructors are reprimanded by their employer if people aren't passing at a high rate.

Look at the skippers ticket for boating too. Pretty much impossible to fail that one also.

If you want a diploma in building and construction now, all you do is find an RTO, have someone in the industry sign a form saying you are capable of the units and pay a handsome fee to sit an exam which they teach you to pass (you don't learn anything). I worked hard at nights during my apprenticeship for a fairly meaningless bit of paper.

Motorbike
    The lil tractor that could.
    Liked
    631 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryanoceros View Post
    In sterquiliniis invenitur.
    Likes wheel_of_steell, Ryanoceros liked this post

Motorbike
    -
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boeman View Post

Look at the skippers ticket for boating too. Pretty much impossible to fail that one also.
    When I did my skippers, the instructor said he couldn't give us the answers, but there was nothing stopping him from leaving his props out.

Including the safety equipment that just happened to be in a particular order.

Motorbike
    Twins
    Liked
    1244 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Look at PSB. How many new riders ask where is the best rider training? How many new riders ask for the easiest place to pass the riding test? Can afford bike and gear yet complain about rider training costs.

As a TAFE lecturer I always got asked by students, "Where can I get the cheapest security officer training? Never where is a good quality provider who will train me in what I need to know. Training has little value in consumers eyes.

Motorbike
    Raj
    Liked
    901 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Graelin View Post
    Look at PSB. How many new riders ask where is the best rider training? How many new riders ask for the easiest place to pass the riding test? Can afford bike and gear yet complain about rider training costs.

As a TAFE lecturer I always got asked by students, "Where can I get the cheapest security officer training? Never where is a good quality provider who will train me in what I need to know. Training has little value in consumers eyes.
    My Security Training started with the following statement,

“Welcome. No one fails this course.”

Surprising in the the prerequisites was the understanding of English.
    80% of the class couldn’t understand it or speak it.
    Surprisingly, when I asked the question a few days into the course the only ones who were asked to take the aptitude test were white Australian males and one Kiwi.
    My intake everyone passed!
    Those ‘others’ that looked definite to fail went to another private room for written tests and the CPR test.

What a bloody joke.

Motorbike
    KTM 990 Super Duke
    Liked
    3 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The customers are not at fault if they aim for the cheapest course. That is normal behavior.
    The problem is that RTOs can deliver the shittiest money grabbing training without having to fear consequences. The RTO audits focus entirely on the paperwork which is faked all way through.
    Likes somebodyelse liked this post

Motorbike
    Twins
    Liked
    1244 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GreenMeanie View Post
    My Security Training started with the following statement,

“Welcome. No one fails this course.”

Surprising in the the prerequisites was the understanding of English.
    80% of the class couldn’t understand it or speak it.
    Surprisingly, when I asked the question a few days into the course the only ones who were asked to take the aptitude test were white Australian males and one Kiwi.
    My intake everyone passed!
    Those ‘others’ that looked definite to fail went to another private room for written tests and the CPR test.

What a bloody joke.
    No Joke December 2016 I Was between a guy armed with a knife and two guys he has just missed with the knife. My work place had contracted in four guys who may have been in your class as security. Three calls for assistance went unanswered. Despite them being within three hundred meters maximum of where I was. I no longer work in this industry 39 years and ten months is over for me. This was a turning point to end it. I walked passed these guys later and triggered my two way and their two ways lit up.

No one cares about quality just who is cheapest supplier and cheapest trainer to get the certificate.

My new adventure instead of all of this.
    Likes CbrRider81, Stephan, GreenMeanie liked this post

Motorbike
    (TY-250- RD350LC- Gsx 750 esd) Current -Gsx 250 SSM GSX 1100 EFE
    Liked
    304 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hahha hhaaa Graelin..

'New Adventure' 1/2 your time is spent wishin you were on the bike.......some of it fixin the van/4x4/solar/batteries/brakes.....soz in any or none of this is correct.?

Am so livin the experience with you mate.. moor pics...moor correspondence...just more. :-)

Just a tip... go to all the tourist spots that have sign in books...and ..well sign in. it'll be a hard copy of your presence and existence...so good for the soul.
    " Imagination is the seed of life..."
    Likes Graelin liked this post

Motorbike
    Ducati 899 Panigale, Honda CBR250RR
    Liked
    130 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's one to think about next time you are in a waiting room at a hospital.
    I did a radiation safety course a couple of years ago.
    This is for people who install/maintain x-ray equipment, and are required to calculate whether the CT Scanner or whatever will be exposing people in the waiting room to x-rays or not.
    All answers were supplied because 'people keep failing otherwise'
    Quote Originally Posted by mekon
    Why are pirates called pirates?
    Because they Arrrrrr

Motorbike
    Twins
    Liked
    1244 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GsxInShed View Post
    hahha hhaaa Graelin..

'New Adventure' 1/2 your time is spent wishin you were on the bike.......some of it fixin the van/4x4/solar/batteries/brakes.....soz in any or none of this is correct.?

Am so livin the experience with you mate.. moor pics...moor correspondence...just more. :-)

Just a tip... go to all the tourist spots that have sign in books...and ..well sign in. it'll be a hard copy of your presence and existence...so good for the soul.
    Today fixed head light bulb, new air filter fitted, that loose part on the back of the car you mentiond in a PM found and fixed. (Was some bolts missing when new bumper fitted before I bought it). The bed rails fixed. Tested output of solar panel is OK, Fixed loose panel on both front doors, That enough for you?LOl.

Motorbike
    Liked
    304 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good advise to carry spare headlight globes...?

Ummm there is a small brake issue.....squeak.?

Pedal feels funny at times...?

Or is it the shimmy in the steering wheel..?

Just sayin... Mud left to dry in the front wheels causes a wobble at speed.....check through the wheel spokes... ;-)

Otherwise you seem to stick to a good maintenance program.

Motorbike
    Plausible Denial
    Liked
    609 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Every industries the same, theres a race by companies who have a product to water down or remove a trade or certified skill and replace a part of it with their “solution”, the only reason they are sniffing around because trades people have a value and they want some of it, sure the price goes down but ive never seen quality or results improve for the end user. The bar gets lower.

In this case its even worse, as bad as its gonna get as its a “public safety” thing where some poor cunt going about their business is gonna get steam rolled and maybe killed.

As a country we are on a skill race to the bottom, i dont know the answer, its a hard arguement to win because cheaper is better right?
    I cant help it if your perceptions don't match my reality

Likes Graelin, Thomas Peel liked this post

Motorbike
    Honda CBR 1000 RR. CBR 600 RR track
    Liked
    695 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a heavy duty or diesel fitter by trade. I now work as a mechanical fitter in the gas industry. We have a bias towards electricians in our company. One of the managers is hell bend on getting rid of mechanics, have the sparkies dual trade and only get mechanics in for bigger jobs as contractors. So all mechanical maintenance by sparkies, which is a bad idea...It's all about saving costs and being seen to make more money for the company.
    SP RACINGis supported by:
    MSC Safe Co.com.au S&K Mineservices.com.au
    Motorcycle Panel and Paint.com.au Metroframing.com.au
    Jaguarsteelfabrications.com.au DiLena.com.au

Motorbike
    Liked
    304 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ This ^^

And... his bonus is affected by expenditure...he will deny that he is on a bonus scheme.

We have it here.. it's a fkn big secret. only applies to staff.. so overbook outgoing/pre book broken down gear. It counts as a deal on paper. cunce....

(Thanks K new word fits In fact new word is a winner dumb + cunts... dunce = cunce..yet I digress.

Motorbike
    Yamaha R15
    Liked
    2997 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
    As a country we are on a skill race to the bottom, i dont know the answer, its a hard arguement to win because cheaper is better right?
    Well if we were going to outsource these jobs to cheap "skilled labour", we would then be focusing on making locals highly skilled in technology and such.

Nope.

All our eggs are in the digging-rocks-from-the-ground basked which we bank on creating construction booms. Think about it, both of those industries will be replaced with technology that is being created overseas. We have no technology hub and we aren't a progressive nation.

Motorbike
    Twins
    Liked
    1244 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agree Boeman, I worked on a research program with PhD student now DR and while other countries recognised our work WA government refused to use "world first" because - "it had not been used somewhere else first". We both had to walk away after ten years trying.

Motorbike
    '13 YZF-R1
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Graelin View Post

TAFE does security licenses?

Been thinking about getting one for weekend work... how long does it take? Can it be done online in after hours?
    '13 YZF-R1 // '00 RZ Supra // '72 XA Fairmont Sedan (Resto Project)

Motorbike
    Expensive Espresso Machine
    Liked
    389 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephan View Post
    I'm a heavy duty or diesel fitter by trade. I now work as a mechanical fitter in the gas industry. We have a bias towards electricians in our company. One of the managers is hell bend on getting rid of mechanics, have the sparkies dual trade and only get mechanics in for bigger jobs as contractors. So all mechanical maintenance by sparkies, which is a bad idea...It's all about saving costs and being seen to make more money for the company.
    No job is safe it all can be outsourced/automated/de skilled/multi skilled etc

Even sparkies have DIY, REL people and if lieberals had their way full of chinese sparkies.
    Bad enough dealing with overseas sparkies.

Worst place for this I’ve been to was the swan brewery/coca cola they have handful of staff that do multiple roles, rest is automated.
    "Some people are like clouds. When they disappear it's a beautiful day"