Liked
    69 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2019 honda cb300r review

Hey guys. For anyone interested in the new """"neo sports cafe""" model of the cb300r, an english review has just come out.

I'm pretty interested in these. Despite the power disadvantage compared to its twin cylinder competitors, it's only 143kg wet. Plus the single cylinder engine is low maintenance which suits my needs perfectly. Honda australia is going to release pricing in july and they will probably hit showrooms in august.
    Quote Originally Posted by devolved
    I just crashed into a schoolbus full of kiddies, killed them all, raped them, set them on fire and now I'm pissing on their charred remains.
    Likes westy74 liked this post

Motorbike
    VJ22 RGV250, MC22 CBR250RR(R), CBR600RR, CBR1000RR Repsol
    Liked
    4787 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like a really poor, cheap substitute for the CB400
    “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa
    Likes xor liked this post

Motorbike
    Bandit 1200S
    Liked
    69 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    why not have both?

cb400 sounds cool, is faster, and is made in japan
    also,
    cb400 is 40kg heavier with 4x the spark plugs, 4x the valves, stupid vtec, more basic suspension, needs a throttle sync at each service, and costs much more $$$

buy whatever activates your charcoal tbh
    I just crashed into a schoolbus full of kiddies, killed them all, raped them, set them on fire and now I'm pissing on their charred remains.

Motorbike
    (TY-250- RD350LC- Gsx 750 esd) Current -Gsx 250 SSM GSX 1100 EFE
    Liked
    304 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If it's not KTM why even bother having a single cyl. "286cc" 300..? Maybe on a quad.?
    " Imagination is the seed of life..."

Motorbike
    S.A.K.
    Liked
    43 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks good.

Pretty compact with usd forks n all. Probably a lot of weight to shave off too.

I also like the wideness of the seat and fuel consumption is amazing. Good commuter 4 shore.

Everyone one has to start somewhere and I wouldn't have to much shame riding it.
    Ninety nine percent of the people in this world are fools. The rest of us are in great danger of contagion.

Motorbike
    MT03
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got a quote for this one $6814.00 ride away, was wondering why not go for CMX500 for a few hundred more.

Motorbike
    Twin
    Liked
    122 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, then you could go riding with blakesha. Hang on a minute...

Motorbike
    CBR600RR
    Liked
    10 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Needs more cylinders.

Motorbike
    Bandit 1200S
    Liked
    69 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I test rode one of these today. Bike only had 1km on the odometer, the tyres were still covered in wax, so that may have influenced the bike's characteristics.

-It's incredibly small, it looks tiny next to the outgoing model. My 125 feels bigger.
    -It's wonderfully light - this shows up when pushing it around the garage and also on 'quick flick' style transitions
    -The engine is tuned for midrange. It doesn't come on the boil until 6000 rpm, then it's all over by about 9500 rpm. It's also vibey and lacks punch compared with other 250ish bikes (the vtr250 and r3 both cream it, engine-wise). Quick handfuls of throttle from idle had it "almost pinking" but otherwise the fuelling was okay.
    -The suspension is on the stiff side for a learner bike, well damped, but it does get harsh over speed humps or metal sewer covers.
    -The brakes are excellent. Crisp, powerful, and plenty of feedback from the tyres. The fancy ABS works well with very mild pulsing at the lever.
    -Build quality: overall looks fine, but I get alarmed when I see those plastic scrivets. Those silver flank panels are scriveted in place and there's a few layers of plastic to remove before you get to the fuel tank. The tops of the turn signal rubbers had a little bit of white corrosion on them - not sure whether that was delivery silkolene or what?
    -Misc: Lift the back seat and there's helmet hooks. No center stand available for this bike. There's not many places to tie down a cargo net around the back seat. You don't have to remove the camshafts to change valve shims on this bike. It has a shift light, but no gear position indicator. 100 km/h is pulling about 6-7000 rpm?

Tl;dr excellent handling, mediocre engine, easy for short people to handle. $6800 for this one and the outgoing model is $5000.
    Likes Gotyaa liked this post

Motorbike
    MT03
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE= the outgoing model is $5000.[/QUOTE]

Which is the outgoing model?

Motorbike
    Bandit 1200S
    Liked
    69 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The cb300f

Same engine, but uglier, with previous gen frame/tyres/weight/abs
    It’s probably the better buy
    Likes Gotyaa liked this post

Motorbike
    VJ22 RGV250, MC22 CBR250RR(R), CBR600RR, CBR1000RR Repsol
    Liked
    4787 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CB400 sounds better than the brown note...

Also does more than 140 km/h...
    “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa