491 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GsxInShed View Post
    WTF have you got there..?..
    Edit: TLDR Pollies can really take the piss at times.
    Google the line with the date and you'll pick up. Letter to the police commissioner requesting investigation and stating conditions. On the wa parliament website.
    I'd Google but not near computer. It is unusual for the legislature to call in police to investigate.

Edit: don't normally pay attention to the pollies but this is interesting. May 8 a parliamentary committee reported Urban mislead parliament by claiming a uni of Leeds degree and being awarded an international police medal for work in the Balkans war. Which he didn't do...
    On May 9 the police commissioner wrote to parliament saying he was opening a criminal investigation. This resulted in the letter to the commissioner referred to earlier.

Now the average motorbicyclist is not interested in this stuff but it is serious.
    Where you have overlap of the legislature, the executive and the judiciary you have the potential for bad things, hey. Think removal of your legal rights, government corruption, and Jo Below Peterson and Russ Hinze
    Last edited by AZAZL; 25-06-2018 at 03:41 AM. Reason: Legislature not executive. Getting it right.
    We have a gene for gossip.
    We have a gene for superstition.
    We have a gene for jumping to conclusions and making fools of ourselves
    but we have no gene for science.
    Michio Kaka on "Buttpower"
    Likes Crim liked this post

Motorbike
    Crims
    Liked
    33 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How the fuck did Urban manage to fool the Labor party without being found out or was there a cover up?

The guy is/was obviously a conman, how did he think he would get away with all the bullshit, he might have gotten away with a single lie but multiple lies was his downfall.

Should be in jail, no question.

Amazing that Labor initially fielded another con artist as their replacement candidate. It's hard to think of another type of high paying job that one can just bullshit one's way into.
    Likes Tim the PM liked this post

Motorbike
    Triumph Sprint ST
    Liked
    368 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crim View Post
    How the fuck did Urban manage to fool the Labor party without being found out or was there a cover up?

The guy is/was obviously a conman, how did he think he would get away with all the bullshit, he might have gotten away with a single lie but multiple lies was his downfall.

Should be in jail, no question.

Amazing that Labor initially fielded another con artist as their replacement candidate. It's hard to think of another type of high paying job that one can just bullshit one's way into.
    If someone hadn't spotted that he was wearing a medal he wasn't entitled to, we would be none the wiser and he would still be getting away with it.
    Adventure before Dementia
    Likes =Maz= liked this post

Motorbike
    Twins
    Liked
    491 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why wasn't he ejected the moment they discovered the bullshit degree.

His continued lies were to cover a lie.

The legislature is a party to the lie.

They have instructed the Police Commissioner with their terms of cooperation.

They will not cooperate in the criminal investigation unless the members of the legislative branch are protected both through confidentiality and immunity.

No different to Russ Hinze and Joh bjelke.
    Last edited by AZAZL; 25-06-2018 at 12:19 PM. Reason: Fk you spellchecker bjelke and joh not Jo below

Liked
    2943 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AZAZL View Post
    Why wasn't he ejected the moment they discovered the bullshit degree.

His continued lies were to cover a lie.

The legislature is a party to the lie.

They have instructed the Police Commissioner with their terms of cooperation.

They will not cooperate in the criminal investigation unless the members of the legislative branch are protected both through confidentiality and immunity.

No different to Russ Hinze and Joh bjelke.
    Seriously? You are comparing this to Joh and Co.?

Who are this "they" you talk of?
    They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Motorbike
    Twins
    Liked
    491 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chew View Post
    Seriously? You are comparing this to Joh and Co.?

Who are this "they" you talk of?
    You've read the correspondence between the Speaker and Commissioner?

Why did it take 6 months for them to get rid of him? The moment it was proved he lied about the degree, he should have been out. That's the leader's job. No, refer it to a committee, stall it out for as long as possible and maybe get the shredder going?

There is a pattern in WA parliament. Start with Ray, Brian, Peter, I cant remember Carmen. Very much like QLD and the only difference is longetivity.

Motorbike
    Triumph Trident
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dare I say it but I think Lolly just dodged a bullet.
    I don't know much about McGowan but I do know first hand that Mr Head Butt is a top ranking dickhead.
    The only thing wrong with a perfect ride to work is that you end up at work.
    G T
    Likes GsxInShed liked this post

Motorbike
    Twins
    Liked
    491 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've only related ones I'm familiar with but it seems endemic in the Wild West. Pollies take the piss. Both sides in the Wild West. Just one story. There are many.

A certain bloke rapidly rising and landed the top job by default. Weathering petro deals, bank rorts, even painted horses (channelling the GSX lingo hope he dont mind) he survived the top job for a while. Slid out the way before it hit really the fan and teflonned into private industry.

Change of govt, the department he was groomed in infested with parachute men and women. It was dissolved.

Not renamed, obliterated. Its functions went to other departments. Now after only a couple of years someone from the outside wanted some records. (might have been me haha) They had disappeared. All of them. Personnel records the lot. As if the department had never existed.

Add, I don't know 15? years then an inquiry into a scandal. A pedo ring, exploiting the poorest of poor. Suggestions of a cover-up. Well one pedo got nailed and that was it. No records, you see.

It's a good lesson for political idealists. Something about tattered pennants and masts.

Now we in private enterprise? butter wouldn't melt in the mouth.

Liked
    2943 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You've read the correspondence between the Speaker and Commissioner?

Why did it take 6 months for them to get rid of him? The moment it was proved he lied about the degree, he should have been out. That's the leader's job. No, refer it to a committee, stall it out for as long as possible and maybe get the shredder going?

There is a pattern in WA parliament. Start with Ray, Brian, Peter, I cant remember Carmen. Very much like QLD and the only difference is longetivity.
    I did read the correspondence, which showed a refreshing transparency.

You sure you are not a pollie? I must assume you mean Parliament as a whole is involved in conspiracy/cover up by your vague answer.

Comparable to Qld? If your accusations are true our mob are amateurs by comparison.

I've only related ones I'm familiar with but it seems endemic in the Wild West. Pollies take the piss. Both sides in the Wild West. Just one story. There are many.

A certain bloke rapidly rising and landed the top job by default. Weathering petro deals, bank rorts, even painted horses (channelling the GSX lingo hope he dont mind) he survived the top job for a while. Slid out the way before it hit really the fan and teflonned into private industry.

Change of govt, the department he was groomed in infested with parachute men and women. It was dissolved.

Not renamed, obliterated. Its functions went to other departments. Now after only a couple of years someone from the outside wanted some records. (might have been me haha) They had disappeared. All of them. Personnel records the lot. As if the department had never existed.

Add, I don't know 15? years then an inquiry into a scandal. A pedo ring, exploiting the poorest of poor. Suggestions of a cover-up. Well one pedo got nailed and that was it. No records, you see.

It's a good lesson for political idealists. Something about tattered pennants and masts.

Now we in private enterprise? butter wouldn't melt in the mouth.
    I trust these revelations were passed on to the recent royal commission?
    They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Motorbike
    (TY-250- RD350LC- Gsx 750 esd) Current -Gsx 250 SSM GSX 1100 EFE
    Liked
    304 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It seems McGowan was advised to not contest the recent election.. ( his words in an interview today...apparently..) losing would appear to have been the thin edge of the wedge.

I hope Ms Lolly is as strong as you would have me believe...
    " Imagination is the seed of life..."

Motorbike
    Twins
    Liked
    491 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chew View Post
    I did read the correspondence, which showed a refreshing transparency.

You sure you are not a pollie? I must assume you mean Parliament as a whole is involved in conspiracy/cover up by your vague answer.

Comparable to Qld? If your accusations are true our mob are amateurs by comparison.

I trust these revelations were passed on to the recent royal commission?
    Refreshing transparancy, yes. Creative english, yes. They've got someone to hang and they want the terms of hte investigation quarantined to that alone.

Compared to QLD they are not amateurs. It takes time for corruption to spread its tentacles. That's what QLD had in spades and the only difference.

My knowlege of the period comes primarily from playing Risk with others on occasion many years ago. It wasn't my trade but we were all commies back then (Some of us woke up).

Some pollies certainly don't know how to drink. They get that maggoted dribbly slur and swingy punchdrunk thing happening.

As to ambiguity, surely you know what that's about. Some of the players of the day are dead. Others now somewhat litigious. No, this all went through inquiries, royal commssions, the lot. They either had great 'explanations', forgot or the records were lost. Does not change the fact that massive coverups occurred.

You're a local geriatric. Another example. You seem a tad touchy with the latest exploits. Remember Ray saying to the Judge, "Damned if I do, damned if I don't, your Honour. I stole campaign funds", in relation to a $50,000 'donation' by a developer prior to the construction of Ob City? Now if he said it was a bribe, what then? Many other people get tragged into it. Really, you could get a hole in the head.

So it goes down in history that our Premier, whilst in office, stole election campaign funds. Nothing more.

And we get a monstrosity on our beach. No one wanted high rise anywhere near our foreshore but we got it. I lived on Pearl Parade then. Scarborough Beach Hotel. Gay Gordons.

Remember what happened to the next premier. Now his only crime was a stamp collection. Really?

As for the Pedo, well he was jailed. Evidence was presented that senior public servants covered it up, but hey, maybe the witness misrecollected.

So here we are today. Same shit different shovel.

Now if I can confirm a Canadian applicant for a job didn't have a claimed degree with one international phone call, why does it take 'Parliament' 6 months?

I didn't know anything about this until yesterday and it is quite obvious that by the third week in November 2017, the guy should have been sacked. If you want to stall something you refer it to a committee.

What stopped it was the controlling vote of the government and the hackneyed phrase, the fish rots from the head springs to mind.

So, what's your thoughts? He was such a wonderful con artist that the Goverment was totally fooled? That is the alternate hypothesis to a coverup.

Liked
    2943 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My thoughts are similar to the whole recent citizenship in Parliament outrage, why are we wasting time and resources on such things?

The previous examples you list have led us to this place where process is more important than results. You know, not so important that the job has been done as long as the paperwork is correct.

What has this con artist gained from his deception? A good wage for a couple of years and very little chance of future employment?

I think there are more pressing matters than people lying on their C.V.'s. Is he still there? Maybe the party machine was focused on something else, you know governing or something?

Motorbike
    Twins
    Liked
    491 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Governing? Tinkering? It is easy to get jaded with decades of 'snout in trough'' and lose interest. Funnily enough life goes on.

At least I caught up on the news That City of Perth employee taking a sling from a sparkie. What a surprise.

Motorbike
    A Clockwork Orange
    Liked
    2173 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How strange to pick up a dislike for creating this thread to congratulate an old riding buddy...

S.
    Chuck Norris is 1/8th Cherokee. This has nothing to do with ancestry, the man ate a fucking Indian.

Motorbike
    Liked
    304 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ put your feelings aside.^^

Why don't you ask why she gave a dislike.?

Any news on the "Lolly Ultimatum" ??
    Likes Ryanoceros liked this post

Motorbike
    KTM Duke 200, Tryhard Gayowner, and a tractor with sik scooter wheels
    Liked
    56 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    ^^ put your feelings aside.^^

Why don't you ask why she gave a dislike.?
    Because said person asking prefers roundabout slander and narky comments rather than direction questions. Same happened to me when I pointed out that their bike wasn’t a bargain when it was posted in the bargain bikes thread
    Rest in Peace

Quote Originally Posted by GreenMeanie View Post
    A note for CM's. Don't be fucking girls. You can pass anything. Just fuckin' "Nail It". Take ya panties off you faggots.

Motorbike
    Liked
    304 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ You've taught her very well.......^^

Motorbike
    2011 Gixxer 600
    Liked
    2552 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprint View Post
    How strange to pick up a dislike for creating this thread to congratulate an old riding buddy...

S.
    I too was intrigued by who this mystery disliker was - only to find out it was me... I can only claim accidental fat finger syndrome (think I've only legitimately disliked a couple of posts - when people were being unnecessarily cunty).

In other, unrelated news, I'm off to order my dialling wand:
    Last edited by Kristy; 01-09-2018 at 10:07 PM.
    Likes Tim the PM liked this post

Motorbike
    Liked
    304 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Soooooo..... no skull or duggery...no malice or intent..

just a little rhino typing

( they have hooves, thus making it very hard to type or txt... mouse click is a lot harder for our behooved friends as well..no wonder i get so many confusing txt's from my Llama Buddy in Burekup)

and it would appear very little recollection of premature 'dislike button pushing" and so I digress...

Which neatly brings us back to the comment posted by Ryanocerous.... does seem a tad 'over the top' in the circumstances...mi2C

But hey ..it is judge / jury / executioner ..oh wai PSB....after all...
    Likes Ryanoceros liked this post

Motorbike
    2011 Gixxer 600
    Liked
    2552 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^ You've taught her very well.......^^

and it would appear very little recollection of premature 'dislike button pushing" and so I digress...

Which neatly brings us back to the comment posted by Ryanocerous.... does seem a tad 'over the top' in the circumstances...mi2C

But hey ..it is judge / jury / executioner ..oh wai PSB....after all...
    First reading I thought it was directed at me and I was like huh, I haven't posted a bike in the bargain bikes thread, second reading I saw it said "said person asking" and thus, directed at OP