Liked
    317 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephan View Post
    Theres got to be more to the story. As others have said before, he might have failed the attitude test....
    That doesnt give them the right to stick him with a fine...I have come accross loads of plods with shitty atituiude...if they cant deal with any kind of public pissed off at them attitude then they need to change jobs.
    Smoke me a kipper...I'll be home in time for breakfast
    Likes Crim, peter600 liked this post

Motorbike
    suzuki 750
    Liked
    19 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BusaSteve View Post
    As far as we know the strap was undone after they stopped him and he was no longer riding....I didnt know the rule applied all the time you were wearing the helmet...and for that matter how are you supposed to take it off without undoing the strap. I also suspect he did the social media thing to show how the strap was undone once he pulled over.

I see no advantage in ordinary people supporting the plod force when they are aledgedly so far out of line. If its true then, and lets face it how often do they stretch the truth that plod should be sat behind a desk reading up on the law.
    Helmets need to on and secured if your on the bike on public road , even if you are stationary which is why you are asked to leave your helmet on
    during a random breath testing..
    If you look on the Ops social media, you can see he has a helmet on and clearly not even done up ?? so Im guessing that this is a regular occurrence for the guy so I think he should suck it up and pay the fine !!

loose helmets do contribute to a varying amount of road deaths for motorcyclists, ranging from around 9% to as high as 30% in some states ..
    Likes Thomas Peel liked this post

Motorbike
    KTM Duke 200, Tryhard Gayowner, and a tractor with sik scooter wheels
    Liked
    56 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by westy74 View Post
    Helmets need to on and secured if your on the bike on public road , even if you are stationary which is why you are asked to leave your helmet on
    during a random breath testing..
    If you look on the Ops social media, you can see he has a helmet on and clearly not even done up ?? so Im guessing that this is a regular occurrence for the guy so I think he should suck it up and pay the fine !!

loose helmets do contribute to a varying amount of road deaths for motorcyclists, ranging from around 9% to as high as 30% in some states ..
    I can't leave my helmet on for RBTs because it wont move enough that I can get the straw into my mouth.. and on numerous occasions I've had cops say "oh wow, you've actually got a helmet that fits you. Most people can just slide theres around". I'd much rather take it off than be in the situation where I could be accused of having a loose helmet strap..
    Rest in Peace

Quote Originally Posted by GreenMeanie View Post
    A note for CM's. Don't be fucking girls. You can pass anything. Just fuckin' "Nail It". Take ya panties off you faggots.

Motorbike
    MT09
    Liked
    317 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^WHS and I have been asked to remove it by plod before now.... I just dont get support for the plod force in this and many other instances.

They already step over the line if lots of reports on here are to be believed...they cant all be made up.

Motorbike
    None for now.
    Liked
    247 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd like to *think* the guy isn't giving an accurate depiction of what actually happened and the cops aren't being knobs.
    Likes westy74, -JC- liked this post

Liked
    2943 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also cannot get the RBT thing done with my lid on. I get off the bike, remove the helmet and gloves do the business then get dressed and head off. This usually leads to a major hold up in proceedings and a visit from the Sarge on duty with their clip board.

Going purely on statistics there will be some fucked up interactions between the Police and the public. I always told my children that for the majority of their time the Police deal with criminals and dickheads. They do not know where you fit in until you interact with them, so go easy on them and it will mostly be O.K. They were also educated on what the Police can lawfully request of you and how you should respond.

This knowledge has been passed down through generations of our family from Grandad who was an officer for a few years and my father who worked in Juvvie justice.

I should have paid more attention as I have been on the receiving end of two Police beat downs but I always did have a problem with authority.
    They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Motorbike
    MT09
    Liked
    317 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I totally agree...dont be an arse be polite and often you will get treated in the same manner....there are some coppers who will take this as an admission you were doing something wrong and if you werent then they will make something up.

Motorbike
    1988 GSF250P, 2010 Z1000, 2013 Z800
    Liked
    423 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First thing I do when stopped while riding is take the key out of the ignition and sit it on the tank/in the fuel filler keyhole, then remove the helmet to talk to the copper politely, no matter HIS attitude. This says 2 things, I'm not running and I'll talk to you nicely/be reasonable(ish...)

Secondly I always do the strap up quite tight, like just before too tight it's uncomfortable. I mean, I'd like it to stay on should I take an unwanted slide down the road.

I'm willing to bet this guys painted himself in the best possible light and we're not really getting a true feel of the situation as it actually played out. Could the cops have been dicks who wanted to nab him for anythnig they possibly could? sure why not, I guess we'll never really know. Could this guy have played his cards better from the moment he chose his bike started riding to the moment they handed him the ticket and told him to be on his way? maybe, probably, possibly.
    Quote Originally Posted by boeman View Post
    Well it wouldn't have been fair to have a beard, a hot young missus AND a nice bike, now would it?

I mean fuck, im not a selfish cunt.

Liked
    46 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chew View Post
    Going purely on statistics there will be some fucked up interactions between the Police and the public. I always told my children that for the majority of their time the Police deal with criminals and dickheads. They do not know where you fit in until you interact with them, so go easy on them and it will mostly be O.K.
    So if you are nice, ie not a dickhead, then you must be a criminal!

Motorbike
    MT09
    Liked
    317 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hitler loved dogs!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by frenchie View Post
    First thing I do when stopped while riding is take the key out of the ignition and sit it on the tank/in the fuel filler keyhole, then remove the helmet to talk to the copper politely, no matter HIS attitude. This says 2 things, I'm not running and I'll talk to you nicely/be reasonable(ish...)

Secondly I always do the strap up quite tight, like just before too tight it's uncomfortable. I mean, I'd like it to stay on should I take an unwanted slide down the road.

I'm willing to bet this guys painted himself in the best possible light and we're not really getting a true feel of the situation as it actually played out. Could the cops have been dicks who wanted to nab him for anythnig they possibly could? sure why not, I guess we'll never really know. Could this guy have played his cards better from the moment he chose his bike started riding to the moment they handed him the ticket and told him to be on his way? maybe, probably, possibly.
    In the final analysis you are probably right...the rider most likely acted like a moron and started telling the cops what they can and cannot do...should've tasered to fucker dead..hahaha

Motorbike
    (TY-250- RD350LC- Gsx 750 esd) Current -Gsx 250 SSM GSX 1100 EFE
    Liked
    304 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We hypoethesise like that mad lawyer geoffrey whatshisname that married the comedien chick...cbf sustantiating facts.

Just like offender/recipient......going for gold handshake....all he needs now is L rainey to set the compo claim in concrete....mi2c

I guess helmet strap guy knows the cops watch facebook ... for dumbasses like him...
    " Imagination is the seed of life..."

Motorbike
    Crims
    Liked
    33 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have been stopped by cops who were great & have had a positive experiences but the majority have been negative.

The issue I usually have in these circumstances is working out the attitude of the cop so it's the attitude test in reverse!

I have found that being honest & open with these guys does not work, they are there to fuck you over whatever way they can, you're just a statistic to them, another mark for the KPI's that the Business Unit demands. This is the world we live in. Fucking sad? I'll say.

As far as I'm concerned the best thing is to say nothing, which is very sad, but if someone wants to fuck you over for something trivial the best thing you can do is do nothing!
    I understand the cops deal with the shit of society but they need to be able to discern the difference between the average folk & someone on a suicide mission.
    Likes Thomas Peel, Ryanoceros liked this post

Motorbike
    Twins
    Liked
    491 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BusaSteve View Post
    Hitler loved dogs!
    I like turtles.

Motorbike
    Harley Davidson FXSB, Ducati 916S, Piaggio MP3 250
    Liked
    5055 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chew View Post
    I always told my children that for the majority of their time the Police deal with criminals and dickheads.
    A traffic cop once told me that everyone is a criminal and it's his job to catch them in the act...

So they must be the dickheads?
    Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

Motorbike
    MT09
    Liked
    317 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IF loose strap guy did undo it after he was stopped then the cop is being a tiny minded fuckwit and needs to be sent to a Gulag for re-eduaction.
    Likes Para045, Green Trident liked this post

Motorbike
    all kinds
    Liked
    131 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryanoceros View Post
    I thought the way the legislation was written, having an improperly done up strap, or wearing a helmet with no safety sticker was classed as not wearing one ?

It does, Ive read it.
    Triumph Rocket
    Yamaha TT600R Belgarda
    XT 250 Yamaha
    SYM HD200
    SYM Shark 125

Motorbike
    all kinds
    Liked
    131 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ive only been pulled over once in 10 years and 100000klms. It was for a breath test at a booze bus. Cop apologised for holding me up. Some people are cop magnets, I think Mr loose strap is one.
    Triumph Rocket
    Yamaha TT600R Belgarda
    XT 250 Yamaha
    SYM HD200
    SYM Shark 125

Motorbike
    (TY-250- RD350LC- Gsx 750 esd) Current -Gsx 250 SSM GSX 1100 EFE
    Liked
    304 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

''Mr loose strap" prolly just upgraded from a 'green sigma'
    " Imagination is the seed of life..."
    Likes BusaSteve, -JC- liked this post

Inactive Member
    Motorbike
    z1000
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GsxInShed View Post
    ''Mr loose strap" prolly just upgraded from a 'green sigma'
    what does that even mean

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by westy74 View Post
    Regulation 244 of the Road Traffic Code 2000 states that a motorcycle, including a moped, must not be ridden unless an approved standard or type of helmet is securely fitted and "fastened" to the head of the rider. Failure to comply can incur 4 demerit points and a $550 fine.

The fine for not wearing a seatbelt in a car is the same penalty $550 plus 4 demerits ! Not really seeing the problem here

Ironically The Op has a picture of himself on social media wearing a helmet with the strap clearly undone !
    where is this picture you talk of?

Inactive Member
    Motorbike
    z1000
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and why would they watch me on Facebook?
    and what wiuld that achieve Dumb ass?