User Tag List

Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24

Thread: Need a bike engine builder machinist

  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Motorbike
    Triumph
    Liked
    0 times
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Need a bike engine builder machinist

    Hello all,

    Hamish Engineering has not been answering the phone for over one month, are they still in business?

    If not who else rebuilds bike engines in Perth?

    Cheers

  2. #2
    llbuono
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallaroo Triumph View Post
    Hello all,

    Hamish Engineering has not been answering the phone for over one month, are they still in business?

    If not who else rebuilds bike engines in Perth?

    Cheers
    Any competant small engine mechanic my young bloke rebuilds new audi quatro engines he hasn't built a motorcycle engine yet but he knows plenty of japanese engine builders who could build it for you.
    Pm me and i will give you my mobile number and get him to put you onto one.

  3. #3
    Member Mr Bean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Location Location
    Motorbike
    fast ones
    Liked
    406 times
    Posts
    1,943
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Contact Paul or Hamish at Chain Reaction Mortorcycles http://www.chainreactionmotorcycles.com.au/
    “How people treat you is their karma; how you respond is yours.”

  4. #4
    Member Green Trident's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Yanchep
    Motorbike
    Triumph Trident
    Liked
    0 times
    Posts
    991
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well today I rode a fully rebuilt engine for the first time, there's something about the smell of a fresh engine. It only lasts a few heat cycles.
    The whole process took quite some time, I don't think my man needs any advertising or more clients.
    The only thing wrong with a perfect ride to work is that you end up at work.
    G T
    Likes GsxInShed liked this post

  5. #5
    Member Loud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    South. Just.
    Motorbike
    Aprilia RS250, GSXR750 Slabbie
    Liked
    906 times
    Posts
    4,911
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ray Easson Motorcycles in Bayswater.

    Probably Perth's longest serving and most widely experienced motorcycle engine rebuilder.
    Click Link for My Bikes:

    Aprilia RS250
    1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"
    Likes Para045 liked this post

  6. #6
    Member DQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Jindalee
    Motorbike
    FS570 El Bergo, CB1R El Bango
    Liked
    820 times
    Posts
    3,658
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sub'd

    Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
    Rest in Peace
    Brother Ryad
    Likes BillyBoof liked this post

  7. #7
    Member Water pig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Yanchep
    Motorbike
    Cbr 500r, crf 250r, Daytona 675
    Liked
    0 times
    Posts
    562
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What sort of engine is it? Something uber rare or exotic? Does it have specific requirements, drag, circuit, street? Pretty much anyone can build a basic commuter engine, the skill is getting the engine to match your request and budget

  8. #8
    Member Water pig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Yanchep
    Motorbike
    Cbr 500r, crf 250r, Daytona 675
    Liked
    0 times
    Posts
    562
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've built heaps of engines, mostly for MX, but also a decent amount of street bikes, any machining that I need to have done is always handled by Ray Easson, he's a great guy to deal with

  9. #9
    llbuono
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Water pig View Post
    What sort of engine is it? Something uber rare or exotic? Does it have specific requirements, drag, circuit, street? Pretty much anyone can build a basic commuter engine, the skill is getting the engine to match your request and budget
    If the person has mechanical aptitude i would agree with you but a motorcycle engine can be fairly exotic, i hear of the mistakes trained mechanics and apprentices make often from a loose spark plug rattling loose resulting in the cylinder removal on audi worth over 100 k to spun big bearings and worse in dealerships something as simple as putting the valve timing 180 degrees out destroys engines quickly too.
    I hear of these incidents from the mechanics around here and they are weekly events being played out around perth dealerships weekly.

  10. #10
    Member rubin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    where money grows
    Motorbike
    A 2 wheeled one
    Liked
    0 times
    Posts
    515
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by llbuono View Post
    If the person has mechanical aptitude i would agree with you but a motorcycle engine can be fairly exotic, i hear of the mistakes trained mechanics and apprentices make often from a loose spark plug rattling loose resulting in the cylinder removal on audi worth over 100 k to spun big bearings and worse in dealerships something as simple as putting the valve timing 180 degrees out destroys engines quickly too.
    I hear of these incidents from the mechanics around here and they are weekly events being played out around perth dealerships weekly.
    Is there a topic your not a self appointed expert on?

    Asking for a mate


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes Water pig, DQ liked this post

  11. #11
    Member MikeL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Canning Vale
    Motorbike
    Ducati 899 Panigale, Honda CBR250RR
    Liked
    130 times
    Posts
    1,078
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by llbuono View Post
    a loose spark plug rattling loose resulting in the cylinder removal.
    Can you explain how a loose spark plug causes anything other than loss of compression?

    Quote Originally Posted by llbuono View Post
    This is my last post on psb good bye and stay upright, here endeth my lesson.
    Quote Originally Posted by mekon
    Why are pirates called pirates?
    Because they Arrrrrr
    Likes Loud liked this post

  12. #12
    llbuono
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeL View Post
    Can you explain how a loose spark plug causes anything other than loss of compression?
    Would you like a picture .... anyway the engine rebuilder had to sleeve it and re thread it.

    Oh and the carbies on a Z1R are mikunis so you can stop frantically googling now.

  13. #13
    Member Loud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    South. Just.
    Motorbike
    Aprilia RS250, GSXR750 Slabbie
    Liked
    906 times
    Posts
    4,911
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallaroo Triumph View Post
    If not who else rebuilds bike engines in Perth?
    Quote Originally Posted by llbuono View Post
    Any competant small engine mechanic my young bloke rebuilds new audi quatro engines he hasn't built a motorcycle engine yet but he knows plenty of japanese engine builders who could build it for you.
    Pm me and i will give you my mobile number and get him to put you onto one.
    Quote Originally Posted by llbuono View Post
    If the person has mechanical aptitude i would agree with you but a motorcycle engine can be fairly exotic, i hear of the mistakes trained mechanics and apprentices make often from a loose spark plug rattling loose resulting in the cylinder removal on audi worth over 100 k to spun big bearings and worse in dealerships something as simple as putting the valve timing 180 degrees out destroys engines quickly too.
    I hear of these incidents from the mechanics around here and they are weekly events being played out around perth dealerships weekly.
    Read the question. Look at your replies. They're contradictory and offer no answer.
    Click Link for My Bikes:

    Aprilia RS250
    1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"

  14. #14
    llbuono
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Loud View Post
    Read the question. Look at your replies. They're contradictory and offer no answer.
    loud your a reasonably smart young man from what i read on here my son is a master tech mechanic for volkswagen and nissan and currently workshop manager at 26 for a nissan dealership sor if trained mechanics are making mistakes then untrained ones certainly will.

  15. #15
    Member MikeL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Canning Vale
    Motorbike
    Ducati 899 Panigale, Honda CBR250RR
    Liked
    130 times
    Posts
    1,078
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by llbuono View Post
    a loose spark plug rattling loose resulting in the cylinder removal
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeL View Post
    Can you explain how a loose spark plug causes anything other than loss of compression?
    Quote Originally Posted by llbuono View Post
    Would you like a picture .... anyway the engine rebuilder had to sleeve it and re thread it.
    Yes I would.
    Re thread the cylinder? I've never seen a threaded cylinder.

    Quote Originally Posted by llbuono View Post
    Oh and the carbies on a Z1R are mikunis so you can stop frantically googling now.
    Still zero fucks given.

    Quote Originally Posted by llbuono View Post
    This is my last post on psb good bye and stay upright, here endeth my lesson.
    Quote Originally Posted by mekon
    Why are pirates called pirates?
    Because they Arrrrrr
    Likes Ryanoceros liked this post

  16. #16
    llbuono
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeL View Post
    Yes I would.
    Re thread the cylinder? I've never seen a threaded cylinder.



    Still zero fucks given.
    Oops forgot to add head well cylinder head, maybe i was just testing your google skills again.

  17. #17
    Member Hillz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Mundaring
    Motorbike
    ZX10R, DRZ400SM, Speedmaster 865, YZ250
    Liked
    0 times
    Posts
    2,129
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hamish has every thing he needs, he doesn't like answering the phone because talking to customers sucks & not real keen on most people.. a good friend of mine ha!

    he is usually off fixing helicopters the engineering thing is more a select part time hobby... he also had a doosie at the adventure rally a week or so back, broke both wrists & shoulder.. no damage to the face, he may have even got more hansom from the tree impact

    there are plenty of good car type engineers around however Ray Easson is the last of the old school in perth will be a sad day when he hangs up the Vernier Calipers
    "Fuck Network 10, I hope the entire board of directors die in a house fire. "

  18. #18
    Member MikeL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Canning Vale
    Motorbike
    Ducati 899 Panigale, Honda CBR250RR
    Liked
    130 times
    Posts
    1,078
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by llbuono View Post
    Oops forgot to add head well cylinder head, maybe i was just testing your google skills again.
    Or maybe you were just spouting more shit.

    Quote Originally Posted by llbuono View Post
    This is my last post on psb good bye and stay upright, here endeth my lesson.
    Quote Originally Posted by mekon
    Why are pirates called pirates?
    Because they Arrrrrr

  19. #19
    Member claymen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    The far north
    Motorbike
    Hooligan bikes
    Liked
    20 times
    Posts
    843
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DQ View Post
    Sub'd

    Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
    orly
    Likes DQ liked this post

  20. #20
    Member Loud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    South. Just.
    Motorbike
    Aprilia RS250, GSXR750 Slabbie
    Liked
    906 times
    Posts
    4,911
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallaroo Triumph View Post
    Hello all,

    Hamish Engineering has not been answering the phone for over one month, are they still in business?

    If not who else rebuilds bike engines in Perth?

    Cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by llbuono View Post
    Any competant small engine mechanic my young bloke rebuilds new audi quatro engines he hasn't built a motorcycle engine yet but he knows plenty of japanese engine builders who could build it for you.
    Pm me and i will give you my mobile number and get him to put you onto one.
    Quote Originally Posted by llbuono View Post
    If the person has mechanical aptitude i would agree with you but a motorcycle engine can be fairly exotic, i hear of the mistakes trained mechanics and apprentices make often from a loose spark plug rattling loose resulting in the cylinder removal on audi worth over 100 k to spun big bearings and worse in dealerships something as simple as putting the valve timing 180 degrees out destroys engines quickly too.
    I hear of these incidents from the mechanics around here and they are weekly events being played out around perth dealerships weekly.
    Quote Originally Posted by llbuono View Post
    Would you like a picture .... anyway the engine rebuilder had to sleeve it and re thread it.

    Oh and the carbies on a Z1R are mikunis so you can stop frantically googling now.
    Quote Originally Posted by llbuono View Post
    loud your a reasonably smart young man from what i read on here my son is a master tech mechanic for volkswagen and nissan and currently workshop manager at 26 for a nissan dealership sor if trained mechanics are making mistakes then untrained ones certainly will.
    Quote Originally Posted by llbuono View Post
    Oops forgot to add head well cylinder head, maybe i was just testing your google skills again.
    Still haven't offered any value to the the topic of the thread.

    And I think the line "your reasonably smart" is both condescending and ironic given it's "you're".

    Please, post substance or spend time with people in real life instead. I have no doubt you're a reasonably sort of okay bloke mostly.
    Click Link for My Bikes:

    Aprilia RS250
    1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •