User Tag List

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 254

Thread: It stops with me!

  1. #181
    Member boeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Doubleview
    Motorbike
    Yamaha R15
    Liked
    2997 times
    Posts
    5,086
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Loud View Post
    women shouldn't be raped and killed.
    I think we all agree on this.
    Likes Mr Bean, Shady7/8 liked this post

  2. #182
    Member Loud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    South. Just.
    Motorbike
    Aprilia RS250, GSXR750 Slabbie
    Liked
    906 times
    Posts
    4,772
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boeman View Post
    I think we all agree on this.
    You'd like to think so.

    Yet here are so many males wanting to post a "but" and a "me" when all they have to do is nod their head and walk away.
    Click Link for My Bikes:

    Aprilia RS250
    1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"
    Dislikes Mr Bean disliked this post

  3. #183
    Member dwillia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Nollamara
    Motorbike
    2015 MT07 2012 FZ8n
    Liked
    0 times
    Posts
    657
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Quote Originally Posted by Loud View Post
    You want to state a point mate?

    Before you do, have a cursory glance of the news on the internet. Or TV. To see how overwhelming the issue is for women. Wait, you have, and you felt hard done-by enough to make a whole new thread about how tired you were of it.

    Go on. Say something argumentative because it'll make you feel better somehow. In a thread about how women shouldn't be raped and killed. I'm sure that every male you walk past on a dark night is a potential threat to you - not in the knife/gun/atomic bomb bullshit that has already been made.

    Be another guy on here who wants to put up a comment to detract from a movement involving women not wanting to be over-represented when it comes to violent crime statistics.

    Go on.

    you can't just make shit up just because you feel like it

  4. #184
    Member Skut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia, Australia
    Motorbike
    RZ250
    Liked
    2138 times
    Posts
    10,889
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There certainly seem to be a bunch of manly murdercyclists either overly keen to draw a false-equivalency between the relative risk/threat they feel walking the street alone at night and that of a woman - or they genuinely ARE scared of going into Northbridge, Perth, Australia since they are obviously worried about being knifed, shot, or gang-raped by a pack of feral women.

    I'm not sure which conclusion bothers me more.

    The most concerning observation is the inability/unwillingness to see things from another perpective and a constant retreat into "whataboutism". And a thread about the safety of women in public (or even the home) being derailed by "what about us poor men" BS.

    Call people SJWs, or "NeoMarxist" or whatever you like if you don't like the message and it makes you feel better, but stop being so pathetic and pretending to be victims at an equal risk. Fuck me, it's cringe inducing.
    Likes Thomas Peel, euphoric, crispymk2 liked this post
    Dislikes Mr Bean, Para045 disliked this post

  5. #185
    Member Loud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    South. Just.
    Motorbike
    Aprilia RS250, GSXR750 Slabbie
    Liked
    906 times
    Posts
    4,772
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dwillia View Post
    you can't just make shit up just because you feel like it
    So here we are on a public forum.

    And there's actually, appallingly, a DEBATE about the need for special attention to be given to the disproportionate representation of women in violent sexual assault. A debate amongst MEN.

    And that. That baseless, vague statement. That is your counter point to this need.

    I'm embarassed.
    Click Link for My Bikes:

    Aprilia RS250
    1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"
    Likes euphoric, Skut, Thomas Peel liked this post

  6. #186
    Member dwillia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Nollamara
    Motorbike
    2015 MT07 2012 FZ8n
    Liked
    0 times
    Posts
    657
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Quote Originally Posted by Loud View Post
    So here we are on a public forum.

    And there's actually, appallingly, a DEBATE about the need for special attention to be given to the disproportionate representation of women in violent sexual assault. A debate amongst MEN.

    And that. That baseless, vague statement. That is your counter point to this need.

    I'm embarassed.
    I would be too

    get a grip

    - - - Updated - - -

    I'm sorry I don't have the time for extensive replies

    I've moved on to #hispanicmidgetslivesmatter
    Likes Shady7/8 liked this post

  7. #187
    Member Loud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    South. Just.
    Motorbike
    Aprilia RS250, GSXR750 Slabbie
    Liked
    906 times
    Posts
    4,772
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dwillia View Post
    I would be too

    get a grip

    - - - Updated - - -

    I'm sorry I don't have the time for extensive replies

    I've moved on to #hispanicmidgetslivesmatter
    Every time you post you provide more evidence that it is not "time" that you lack.

    And mocking the movement for women's rights to feel safe and not be assaulted?

    You must be a very small man to feel so insecure about women gaining a voice in this matter.
    Click Link for My Bikes:

    Aprilia RS250
    1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"
    Likes Thomas Peel liked this post

  8. #188
    Member Kristy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Motorbike
    2011 Gixxer 600
    Liked
    2552 times
    Posts
    12,367
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Disclaimer: I’m not going to even touch on the intent of the attack (theft/rape/general abuse/ridicule etc. – yes, both males and females are subject to any of these), and I won’t pass judgement on people’s sense of vulnerability depending upon their gender. Yes, I am generalising here about relative strength and size of females vs males but they are generalisations for a reason. I started typing this last night when this post was probably more topical to the posts that were going on at the time but then realised that nap time was required.

    Physical size and strength is a massive component in all of this. To put physical size and strength into bike terms, whenever a female posts they want to lower their bike, the standard response from males is, "don't stress, all you need is one tippy toe/ball of your foot on the ground". That is technically true but *generally* females are not as tall and not as strong - both of these aspects make the point of no return a lot earlier for females than males and thus, can make them feel more vulnerable with a less solid contact with the ground – they can’t get their foot as far away from the bike as males, nor do they have the same amount of strength to return it to its more favoured upright position. Having led a fairly sedentary life for a while due to previous health issues, I now can't even lift my bike onto its rear stand (and when I could, it still wasn’t an easy task) - I now need to use my foot on the stand to lift it up – apparently taking up swimming doesn’t beef you up as much as bike riding It’s not every day you are forced to put your own strength into context with others as the strength you have is pretty much all that’s needed on a daily basis, but when you do need to do something outside of daily requirements that someone else does with ease, you realise how piss weak you really are – like I did yesterday when putting my bike onto its rear stand. Assuming the vast majority of people reading this post can effortlessly hoist their bike onto the rear stand - consider the strength difference involved if I have to use my foot.

    Being a lightweight, every partner I’ve had has been close to double my weight and has taken delight in lifting me up off the ground. Could I lift another 55kg person up off the ground? – maybe a few cms, for a few seconds, when lifting them up in a bear hug from the waist. Could I lift a partner close to double my weight up off the ground? Not a fucking chance. Let's generalise (gasp!) and say females have, I dunno, 75% the strength of a male and let’s consider one-on-one attacks. A male attacking a female will *generally* be the stronger of the two. A female attacking a male happens but unless they're Zena / Super Woman / <insert your superhero flavour here> etc., I'm not sure the odds would necessarily be in the female’s favour. A male attacking a male will at least *generally* be closer to the same strength when compared with female vs male. If I could choose the gender of an attacker I'd be going closer to the 1:1 ratio i.e. female. *Generally* (don’t get butthurt), the attacker will more likely be male so the odds are not in the female’s favour.

    I’m not passing judgement on how males/females feel walking the streets at night and what people, male or female, may have suffered at the hands of others (even if it happens once to a male vs 9 times for a female it's still just as significant for the one male) but just trying to convey the vulnerability aspect females might feel when the strength odds just aren’t in a female’s favour. Listening to Hack on JJJ, a female was describing to her male partner that she often walks at night with her keys between her fingers in case she’s attacked – the guy had absolutely no idea/concept of why she would need to do that/want to do that – obviously he’s no attacker but also oblivious to the vulnerability a female felt when walking alone at night as he has never put himself in that position as he hasn’t felt the need to. Conversely, a guy who called in was quite aware of the vulnerability females might feel and said he will purposefully cross the street at night away from a lone female so she wouldn't feel on edge. I had a discussion with an ex about the whole walking alone at night thing and he said he wasn’t at ease walking alone at night which honestly came as a complete surprise to me (which is why I won’t pass judgement on how someone may feel) – he’s 6 foot and I thought he would have felt pretty secure; so yes, there’s learning to be done on both sides about the vulnerability people feel but one thing that can’t be denied is the physical size and strength difference between the genders.
    Likes Thomas Peel, Skut, ReCon liked this post

  9. #189
    Member dwillia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Nollamara
    Motorbike
    2015 MT07 2012 FZ8n
    Liked
    0 times
    Posts
    657
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Quote Originally Posted by Loud View Post
    Every time you post you provide more evidence that it is not "time" that you lack.

    And mocking the movement for women's rights to feel safe and not be assaulted?

    You must be a very small man to feel so insecure about women gaining a voice in this matter.
    No petal I fully support and champion safety for women.

    It's your histrionics I'm mocking
    Likes Shady7/8, Para045 liked this post

  10. #190
    Member dwillia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Nollamara
    Motorbike
    2015 MT07 2012 FZ8n
    Liked
    0 times
    Posts
    657
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    In a previous post you made a joke about fucking another man's wife in revenge for a noise complaint. Forgive me you seem incongruant

  11. #191
    Member Loud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    South. Just.
    Motorbike
    Aprilia RS250, GSXR750 Slabbie
    Liked
    906 times
    Posts
    4,772
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dwillia View Post
    No petal I fully support and champion safety for women.

    It's your histrionics I'm mocking
    Then nothing more needs to be said by you in this thread.

    If you want to mock me then go for it. Somewhere else. This is the thread for supporting women.

    Edit.

    A joke about adultery.
    Last edited by Loud; 25-06-2018 at 02:15 PM.
    Click Link for My Bikes:

    Aprilia RS250
    1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"

  12. #192
    Member dwillia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Nollamara
    Motorbike
    2015 MT07 2012 FZ8n
    Liked
    0 times
    Posts
    657
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    It stops with you
    Likes Shady7/8 liked this post

  13. #193
    Member chew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Rivervale
    Liked
    2943 times
    Posts
    14,073
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Not my friends as I don't associate with people that would act like that no matter whether it was a man or woman
    - Para045, page 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Para045 View Post
    Nah I'm not a clairvoyant, even someone like me who works in the industry can be surprised at how these people are able to hide things
    Thankfully I have reports and transcripts to check on to get the information needed
    So can we assume you may associate with said "people" and be unaware?

    The bottom line is that if the boys are having some "locker room" talk and there is someone of weak character, have a mental illness or are just a psychotic nutter, they may interpret such behaviour as acceptable on some level. They may not be obvious as Para045 sort of admits and be very cunning instead and do not broadcast their intentions.

    Now I have seen this occur with males and it is an issue.

    Modifying this behaviour, I think this is what is being asked of you poor butthurt sooks men.
    They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits
    Likes Thomas Peel liked this post

  14. #194
    Member Wahoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    South
    Motorbike
    Few different breeds
    Liked
    207 times
    Posts
    1,364
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my past, I have had a very close friend viciously raped and her life seriously threatened. I, and all her friends and family, will have no hesitation in ever killing or castrating the perpetrator of any rape... and very conscious that we need to evade the law to do it. OK... a bit hard core but the truth! Wave it about in the wrong place and the law will not necessary protect you.
    Life is NOT a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: "Wahoo!! What a ride!"
    Likes Para045, Thomas Peel, Shady7/8, ReCon liked this post

  15. #195
    Member mekon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Mount Eliza, Victoria
    Motorbike
    2007 R1
    Liked
    2246 times
    Posts
    16,515
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was talking with a copper who was involved in the initial find being a homicide in Prince's Park. He said he wouldn't walk through there alone at night. The victim's boyfriend is going to have a hard time with it as he left her earlier on the journey home and let her walk the park to her house by herself. Yes, women shouldn't be raped and killed, but FFS when will people get the message that these things happen regardless of how often you say the message. So minimise the risk and be more aware of your surroundings and personal safety.Yes men shouldn't rape and kill, but saying that or willing it doesn't protect you for someone deranged that will do this.
    So women are offended a Detective suggested to be aware of your surroundings and personal safety. It's like shouting, before you jump on your bike for a ride, "No other motorists should run me over or hit me" and then going on to ride without due attention to your surrounds relying on no one to hit you.
    There's a lot of truth in the point being made about not quietly endorsing this sort of culture by joining in locker room chat. Yeah, grow a pair and stand up to it I suppose, and call it out. The alleged rapist and killer is apparently autistic and fuck knows what was going on in his head. I don't profess to know what was his trigger. The crime itself suggests an extreme anger and hate of a woman, I'll wait and see what comes of the hearing. He may of been at her show and misconstrued her humour or routine as a personal attack and in some fucked up, misguided way wanted to punish her. Who knows. It should never happen. People are shit cunts.
    I can only say my boys will be taught to respect everyone's right to a peaceful, violence free life, yet be prepared for the need to use aggression to protect yourself when all other avenues are exhausted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abuse this View Post
    Get a load of this pussy, he wouldn't travel back in time to murder a baby.
    Likes keys, Para045, Shady7/8, Mr Bean, BillyBoof liked this post

  16. #196
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NOR
    Motorbike
    1400GTR 2010, ZX14 09, ZX14R 2012
    Liked
    15 times
    Posts
    430
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Loud View Post

    Well that sucks. You implying that it's a situation that is rife across the world or anything other than "unusual situation" that the article calls it?

    And what of you? You see a scenario where an argument is being made in support of women the world over who are asking for help, and your contribution is to provide a link that tries to contradict a person standing up for them?

    Without adding so much as your own words?

    How very brave of you.
    You asked a question, I provided an example and you then make assumptions about my motives.
    exactly why I didn't add words.
    FarRider # 159,
    Likes Para045 liked this post

  17. #197
    Member Para045's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    City of Wanneroo
    Motorbike
    98 TITANIUM CBR1100XX SUPERBLACKBIRD
    Liked
    1150 times
    Posts
    15,906
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wahoo View Post
    Best solution is to bring in compulsory castration for repeat rapists (2 or more proven cases).
    Then the population with that tendency of violence will view rape as something they are not encouraged to do.
    You'd have my support for that but then you'd have the SJW's like Skut and Chew complaining how we were violating their human rights and calling for them to be given special treatment because they obviously had a bad childhood and can be rehabilitated


    Quote Originally Posted by Loud View Post
    women shouldn't be raped and killed.
    But it seems you have no issue when it's a man or small boy or an old grandfather that is bashed or murdered as they obviously deserve it because they were born male not female


    Quote Originally Posted by Loud View Post
    Then nothing more needs to be said by you in this thread.
    Oh I must have missed where you were appointed moderator and supreme upholder of all women's rights



    Quote Originally Posted by chew View Post
    - Para045, page 5

    So can we assume you may associate with said "people" and be unaware?

    The bottom line is that if the boys are having some "locker room" talk and there is someone of weak character, have a mental illness or are just a psychotic nutter, they may interpret such behaviour as acceptable on some level. They may not be obvious as Para045 sort of admits and be very cunning instead and do not broadcast their intentions.

    Now I have seen this occur with males and it is an issue.

    Modifying this behaviour, I think this is what is being asked of you poor butthurt sooks men.
    Yeah I'll admit it's possible because as I previously stated even when you are highly trained these people can hide their intentions very well yet you and others believe that the average bloke should somehow be aware enough that they can see past the smokescreens they employ and it's no different whether they are male or female In that case it makes it pretty hard to even identify a person like that let alone be able to modify their behaviour
    Not to mention the fact that without substantial proof there is no chance of getting any sort of authority like the Police to even listen to you

    In fact I think most men would know that some women can be very manipulative and emotionally controlling which in it's own way can be type of psychological violence but I guess you just choose to ignore that side of the equation

    Does this absolve either sex of physical or emotional violence or give either side the right to use violence against the other? NO it's just a sad fact of life that there are lots of shitty people out there, some male, some female and some of indeterminate sexuality
    #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Phildo View Post
    Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
    Quote Originally Posted by filbert View Post
    i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

    98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
    Ozblackbird.net Administrator
    Likes Halo_2 liked this post

  18. #198
    Member AZAZL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Somewhere else
    Motorbike
    Twins
    Liked
    491 times
    Posts
    5,179
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Quote Originally Posted by Skut View Post
    [...]

    Call people SJWs, or "NeoMarxist" or whatever you like if you don't like the message and it makes you feel better, but stop being so pathetic and pretending to be victims at an equal risk. Fuck me, it's cringe inducing.
    SJW =/ NeoMarxist. The former admirable, the latter a little misguided. You're a smart person. "From each according to his faculties to each according to his needs"... What? In the real world?

    SJW's should carry that banner with pride.
    Politics is the entertainment branch of industry.
    Likes Skut liked this post

  19. #199
    Member chew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Rivervale
    Liked
    2943 times
    Posts
    14,073
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Quote Originally Posted by Para045 View Post
    You'd have my support for that but then you'd have the SJW's like Skut and Chew complaining how we were violating their human rights and calling for them to be given special treatment because they obviously had a bad childhood and can be rehabilitated
    Please do not put words in my mouth. I have stated why I think capital punishment does not work and it is none of the examples you mention. But you do like to pigeon hole people and then have a rant while skewing the original intent of the post. This just confirms the obtuse comment I used earlier.

    Quote Originally Posted by Para045 View Post
    Yeah I'll admit it's possible because as I previously stated even when you are highly trained these people can hide their intentions very well yet you and others believe that the average bloke should somehow be aware enough that they can see past the smokescreens they employ and it's no different whether they are male or female In that case it makes it pretty hard to even identify a person like that let alone be able to modify their behaviour
    Not to mention the fact that without substantial proof there is no chance of getting any sort of authority like the Police to even listen to you

    In fact I think most men would know that some women can be very manipulative and emotionally controlling which in it's own way can be type of psychological violence but I guess you just choose to ignore that side of the equation

    Does this absolve either sex of physical or emotional violence or give either side the right to use violence against the other? NO it's just a sad fact of life that there are lots of shitty people out there, some male, some female and some of indeterminate sexuality
    The whole point is to change your own behaviour as an example to others and influence them differently. You know, do not talk about women as if they are chattels and your personal sex toys. Yes there are sick fucks out there but I suspect they are a smaller demographic than those that think that consent is a vague concept and does not necessarily apply to them when they pressured that person into sex.

    Again you miss the point, jump to conclusions and throw what you consider insults around.

    You remind me of righteous religious types. Your view being the only relevant one.
    They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

  20. #200
    Member euphoric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Liked
    269 times
    Posts
    1,749
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everyone loves an opinion so why don't we enter some facts into this mass debate:

    2,800 women and 560 men were hospitalised in 2014–15 after being assaulted by a spouse or partner.

    1 in 6 (1.5 million) women and 1 in 9 (992,000) men were physically and/or sexually abused before the age of 15

    1 woman a week and 1 man a month were killed by a current or former partner in the 2 years from 2012–13 to 2013–14

    Men are more likely to experience violence from strangers and in a public place; women are most likely to know the perpetrator (often their current or a previous partner) and the violence usually takes place in their home.

    One in 6 Australian women and 1 in 16 men have been subjected, since the age of 15, to physical and/or sexual violence by a current or previous cohabiting partner (ABS 2017b). Family, domestic and sexual violence happens repeatedly—more than half (54%) of the women who had experienced current partner violence, experienced more than one violent incident (ABS 2017b).

    almost 1 in 5 women (18%) and 1 in 20 men (4.7%) have experienced sexual violence (sexual assault and/or threats) since the age of 15. Women were most likely to experience sexual violence from a previous cohabiting partner (4.5% of women) or a boyfriend/girlfriend or date (4.3% of women) (2017b). In 2016, on average, police recorded 52 sexual assaults each day against women and about 11 against men (ABS 2017d).

    So bleat all you want, but the statistics speak for themselves and it women who are way over represented there, and it not from random strangers it people they share their homes with, it's from men who say they love them in one moment and hand out a beating the next, or control who they see, or how they dress, or their money, or any other means of escape. And we all let it happen because we're all so committed to convincing ourselves we play no part in it and we're victims too because a woman once called us a name we didn't like and our mate seems like such a good bloke. Sure there are always exceptions, but that's exactly what they are. Unwanted attention, harassment, the constant scanning for threats, the having to play nice because an ego offended man might kill them...this is the norm for many women for every single day. To suggest there some kind of equality in that is complete and utter horseshit. And it's all so fucking predictable.

    Stats from here: https://www.aihw.gov.au
    euphoric, ZRX1200R, XSR900, XR400
    Likes Loud, chew, Thomas Peel, Wahoo, Skut and 1 others liked this post

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •