Liked
    906 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay.

Para045 thank you, your post has helped me see my failing in the messaging of my statements.

Let's change the topic ever so slightly so that the word "woman" isn't at the centre of it. I reckon that'll help everyone separate their own feelings and issues from the point at hand. The new topic is this:

A male demographic is more likely to be an innocent victim of assault and murder. You belong to the male demographic most likely to commit these crimes against those men.

The time is early last century. The location is somewhere in the south of the United States of America. The victims are African American males. They're targeted, assaulted and killed while walking down roads, quietly going about their business. By white men just like you and me, who might live next door or work at the same company or you might not even know any of them who cares?. And there's a growing movement that says this is not okay and that something needs to be done about it.

Now let's look at our points in that context:

Quote Originally Posted by mekon View Post
    They should minimise the risk and be more aware of their surroundings and personal safety.
    Quote Originally Posted by gus96 View Post
    I just joined in with the angry mob and supplied pitchforks, that's all, I'm a victim, I knew you'd pick on me, boo hoo hoo I didn't even say any words.
    Quote Originally Posted by Para045 View Post
    It seems you have no issue when it's a white man or old grandfather that is bashed or murdered as they obviously deserve it because they were born white not black

It's closer an analogy than you might care to admit. And if I'm being accused of being the equivalent of a "feminist" in this scenario then I thank you for labelling which side of the fence I'm on - it's amusing that you consider it an insult. I'd wear it as a badge of honour if it were true but interestingly Feminism is a far bigger issue than arguing to support a group of people who are being raped and murdered more than others.

Maybe I should have used mekon's analogy:

It's like shouting, before you jump on your bike for a ride, "No other motorists should run me over or hit me" and then going on to ride without due attention to your surrounds relying on no one to hit you.
    Except this group of people aren't given the choice of a car, have a large target on them, have two spark plugs removed from their engine, and have a far, far greater number of other road users looking to actively hurt them.

I truly hope that at least some of you have found something in my post that helps you relate to the issue at hand.

Maybe one day I'll have children. Maybe a daughter. And I won't have been a person trying to argue against making the world safer for her. That'd be pretty good I reckon.
    Click Link for My Bikes:

Aprilia RS250
    1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"
    Likes Skut, Thomas Peel, Roy liked this post

Motorbike
    (TY-250- RD350LC- Gsx 750 esd) Current -Gsx 250 SSM GSX 1100 EFE
    Liked
    304 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ Maybe ride through with your patent views on a much larger forum.? ^^

And good luck with 'maybe one day i'll have kids,maybe a daughter..' a medical breakthrough..???

Don't forget you'll need to have consentual sex with a female..to procreate....jus sayin'
    " Imagination is the seed of life..."

Motorbike
    Few different breeds
    Liked
    207 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by euphoric View Post
    Everyone loves an opinion so why don't we enter some facts into this mass debate:

2,800 women and 560 men were hospitalised in 2014–15 after being assaulted by a spouse or partner.

1 in 6 (1.5 million) women and 1 in 9 (992,000) men were physically and/or sexually abused before the age of 15

1 woman a week and 1 man a month were killed by a current or former partner in the 2 years from 2012–13 to 2013–14

Men are more likely to experience violence from strangers and in a public place; women are most likely to know the perpetrator (often their current or a previous partner) and the violence usually takes place in their home.

One in 6 Australian women and 1 in 16 men have been subjected, since the age of 15, to physical and/or sexual violence by a current or previous cohabiting partner (ABS 2017b). Family, domestic and sexual violence happens repeatedly—more than half (54%) of the women who had experienced current partner violence, experienced more than one violent incident (ABS 2017b).

almost 1 in 5 women (18%) and 1 in 20 men (4.7%) have experienced sexual violence (sexual assault and/or threats) since the age of 15. Women were most likely to experience sexual violence from a previous cohabiting partner (4.5% of women) or a boyfriend/girlfriend or date (4.3% of women) (2017b). In 2016, on average, police recorded 52 sexual assaults each day against women and about 11 against men (ABS 2017d).

So bleat all you want, but the statistics speak for themselves and it women who are way over represented there, and it not from random strangers it people they share their homes with, it's from men who say they love them in one moment and hand out a beating the next, or control who they see, or how they dress, or their money, or any other means of escape. And we all let it happen because we're all so committed to convincing ourselves we play no part in it and we're victims too because a woman once called us a name we didn't like and our mate seems like such a good bloke. Sure there are always exceptions, but that's exactly what they are. Unwanted attention, harassment, the constant scanning for threats, the having to play nice because an ego offended man might kill them...this is the norm for many women for every single day. To suggest there some kind of equality in that is complete and utter horseshit. And it's all so fucking predictable.

Stats from here: https://www.aihw.gov.au
    Very sad stats. Punishment is obviously not enough to deter such violence and disrespect.
    Life is NOT a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: "Wahoo!! What a ride!"

Motorbike
    Ninja
    Liked
    466 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Loud View Post

Maybe one day I'll have children. Maybe a daughter. And I won't have been a person trying to argue against making the world safer for her. That'd be pretty good I reckon.
    People rarely surprise me. But you have. I had assumed from your posts that you were the father of a daughter.
    So I have to agree that it would be pretty good.
    Always be yourself. Unless you can be a unicorn. Then always be a unicorn.
    Likes euphoric, Thomas Peel liked this post

Motorbike
    RZ250
    Liked
    2138 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wahoo View Post
    Very sad stats. Punishment is obviously not enough to deter such violence and disrespect.
    The threat of punishment has little effect on those who don't think about consequence. The mentality that enjoys violating or killing another is the same mentality that thinks they will/should get away with it, and they don't think about consequence at all or they wouldn't be doing it the first place. That's why the better solutions start at the beginning rather focusing on penalties at the end of the cycle.

Doesn't sit well with easy popular political rhetoric however. It's kind of the point of the discussion in this thread and you can see how THAT is going :/

edit: Not that I have a problem with the punishment or incarceration of monsters, just that it is not that effective as a deterrent.
    Last edited by Skut; 26-06-2018 at 09:51 AM.
    Likes gus96, Wahoo liked this post

Motorbike
    RZ250
    Liked
    2138 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chew View Post
    Please do not put words in my mouth. I have stated why I think capital punishment does not work and it is none of the examples you mention. But you do like to pigeon hole people and then have a rant while skewing the original intent of the post. This just confirms the obtuse comment I used earlier.

The whole point is to change your own behaviour as an example to others and influence them differently. You know, do not talk about women as if they are chattels and your personal sex toys. Yes there are sick fucks out there but I suspect they are a smaller demographic than those that think that consent is a vague concept and does not necessarily apply to them when they pressured that person into sex.
    Yeah, this. Far more erudite and succinct than my own postings.

(and the little sneaky "dislike" tags are quite telling in this thread - the "silent majority"? )

Liked
    46 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mekon View Post
    So minimise the risk and be more aware of your surroundings and personal safety.Yes men shouldn't rape and kill, but saying that or willing it doesn't protect you for someone deranged that will do this.
    So women are offended a Detective suggested to be aware of your surroundings and personal safety.
    I wonder if the women who were offended by this would be offended if a police officer told them to buckle up whilst driving? I can just see it "How dare Mr Plod tell me to buckle up! How dare he infer I am a bad driver!"

EVERYBODY needs to have a heightened sense of awareness in certain situations. We have a right to make decisions and if your decision making takes you down a dark alley etc then be prepared for what may lurk.
    Likes mekon liked this post

Motorbike
    Aprilia RS250, GSXR750 Slabbie
    Liked
    906 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by datsikk View Post
    I wonder if the women who were offended by this would be offended if a police officer told them to buckle up whilst driving? I can just see it "How dare Mr Plod tell me to buckle up! How dare he infer I am a bad driver!"

EVERYBODY needs to have a heightened sense of awareness in certain situations. We have a right to make decisions and if your decision making takes you down a dark alley etc then be prepared for what may lurk.
    Sounds like it might be you.

Because that is possibly the most sinister and least compassionate post on this thread so far.

Why don't you re-read the last few pages and address the argument, if you're able.
    Click Link for My Bikes:

Aprilia RS250
    1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"
    Dislikes Mr Bean, Shady7/8, dwillia disliked this post

Liked
    2943 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Certain situations for females are much more prevalent than for males.

Maybe they should wear full body coverings and not go out without a male "protector"?
    They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Motorbike
    Liked
    304 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ you mean cover ourselves from head to toe.....like......eskimos..? ^^^

Liked
    2943 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^More like the Jewish Haredi burqa sect women and their requirement for modesty.
    They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Motorbike
    Liked
    304 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are they the ones with the all male court that stone married women to death for thinking about another man...?

Or the all male court that wouldn't let women drive cars.???

Or the all male court that allows the use of acid on jilted females to ruin their looks so no other man would want them...?

Or is it the AMC that condones rape in marriage to betrothed underaged females from the same bloodline..?

What's a burqua Is that French for Burger...?

Motorbike
    User is a dirty Perve
    Liked
    578 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like it might be you.

Because that is possibly the most sinister and least compassionate post on this thread so far.

Why don't you re-read the last few pages and address the argument, if you're able.
    Holy shit dude.

You should hang you fucking head in shame for that post.

That post there is by far the most horrid I've seen on this post, in fact I dare say the most horrid I've seen on PSB.
    Commander Keen and Shady 7/8 are doing the Kiwi Shitbox rally 2016 as the Dropkick Dropbears- donate here to help us change cancer!

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Luther King Jnr
    One has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws.
    . .
    Likes Mr Bean, mekon liked this post

Motorbike
    MT09
    Liked
    317 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought this thread stopped with BOFH!
    Smoke me a kipper...I'll be home in time for breakfast
    Likes INTJ, Para045 liked this post

Motorbike
    Liked
    906 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shady7/8 View Post
    Holy shit dude.

You should hang you fucking head in shame for that post.

That post there is by far the most horrid I've seen on this post, in fact I dare say the most horrid I've seen on PSB.

Nah, nice try. I've seen your "likes" throughout the thread. Don't want to put your name to the argument so decide to feign outrage instead.

You want to talk about feeling shame? When there are females that can read this thread? Sure. Let's do that. How have I offended your sensibilities? And those of Mr Bean as well - thanks for your dislike too.

Let's recap:

Those are some cold words to write in a thread about the rape and murder of women. Heck, they're cold words regardless of gender.

Let's have a look at the news today for a real life example. Hmm. Okay there's a 16 year old girl whose decomposing body has been found in a barrel on the back of a ute. The driver is on the run - a man much older than she is.

You reckon you could face her parents and repeat that quote word for word?

Not everybody has the benefit of a text icon appearing saying "66% chance of getting killed and stuffed in a barrel if you take this option" before you do something. Not everybody owns a car, or can afford to Uber everywhere, or lives in a nice suburb with no crime. Or have a perfect knowledge of every area they're in and the threat entailed. And "dark alley" is what? A nice park, a train station you need to use, the street outside your house.

Innocent people making innocent choices. And some of those people are women. And statistically more likely to appear on the news. Stuffed in a barrel.

And someone says that people should be prepared for that?

Nah man. I'm comfortable with my words. It's not me that should be feeling ashamed.
    Click Link for My Bikes:

Aprilia RS250
    1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"

Motorbike
    Liked
    304 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see loud's attempt at keeping the conversation alive has been a triumph.....
    Likes Loud liked this post

Motorbike
    Liked
    906 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GsxInShed View Post
    I see loud's attempt at keeping the conversation alive has been a triumph.....
    Yeah. Making friends, living the dream.
    Click Link for My Bikes:

Aprilia RS250
    1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"

Liked
    46 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Read 90% of the posts.

Those are some cold words to write in a thread about the rape and murder of women. Heck, they're cold words regardless of gender.

You reckon you could face her parents and repeat that quote word for word?
    The thread title is"it stops with me" It insinuates that as a male I am somehow guilty for the crimes of the crazy f*ckers simply because I share the same chromosomes as them.

As for people in barrels. I am not going to use such victims to aid an internet discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by chew View Post
    Certain situations for females are much more prevalent than for males.

Maybe they should wear full body coverings and not go out without a male "protector"?
    They are more prevalent. I used the word "CERTAIN". No need for full armour/chastity belts. Just saying if you think the odds aren't in your favour, try and improve them.

Don't be naive, don't assume that you have a "right" to walk alone in dark/unfamiliar places. This goes for both sexes and isn't excluded to the possibility of rape/murder but also robbery/muggings/falling over/ getting lost!

When I, as a male have been surrounded by unfamiliar people in unfamiliar places I didn't drink to access, tried to have a back up plan and was always a bit wary.
    Likes Halo_2, Shady7/8, mekon liked this post

Motorbike
    2015 MT07 2012 FZ8n
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we're in for a whole new generation of crazed fckwits to look forward to

when I was a lad, the worst pornography I and my friends ever saw was the odd playboy mag found in a bush or under your dads bed

For quite a few years now, teenagers have had hardcore porn, violent "mock rape" degrading and impersonal at their fingertips.. Girls these days have grown up thinking anal is normal and expected of them.

if the odd playboy mag childhood produced generations of men who are rapey imagine what we have coming...

the same analogy could be applied to violent on TV and movies
    Likes Tim the PM, mekon liked this post