Bikeless
    Liked
    20 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No need to get involved in a physical way you call 000 when you sees something that violent its a no brainer to me....

Motorbike
    98 TITANIUM CBR1100XX SUPERBLACKBIRD
    Liked
    1150 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by QUACKA View Post
    No need to get involved in a physical way you call 000 when you sees something that violent its a no brainer to me....
    Unfortunately these days that's about all you can do unless you are somehow related to said person If you do get involved physically then a) the aggressor focusses on you and you get injured/killed, b) the said victim and/or their friends turn on you instead and you get injured/killed, c) the aggressor gets injured and then you get charged for assault, d) you do actually managed to assist said victim and or friends and you still get charged for getting involved in it, e) all or part of the above f) or very, very rarely you are successful in resolving the issue without any consequences and are actually thanked by the victim and or friends and suffer no consequences

The way the laws are these days and the way the cops apply them you really need to be 110% sure you're not going to be the one losing out if you decide to get involved
    These days you're rarely looked upon as a good Samaritan but as an unnecessary interloper that has no rights at all to be involved and are likely to be worse off for the well intentioned actions
    #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Phildo View Post
    Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
    Quote Originally Posted by filbert View Post
    i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
    Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Motorbike
    S.A.K.
    Liked
    43 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah totally agree with the last comments. I am no way saying that people should get involved. Far from it. Calling the police is the best way for most to handle the situation and I strongly advise that. There are cases where people have overestimated there abilities and wrongly based a situation on their moral judgement and wound up seriously injured or worse. I have had proper training in confrontational circumstances so am not a usual person.
    Its was more of an analysis of what a real life situation is rather than moral talk. So many things go through peoples minds and often there are a lot of emotions and stuff going on that rational behaviours go out the door. Plainly because it is such an irrational event. The consequences are very real.

But I would like to highlight the womans side of things again. For me I think its where men fall down in understanding. I was talking with a female friend recently and she was discussing a situation where her partner at one stage was being violent. She is an amazingly fit person, a champion indoor rock climber but in the situation was totally powerless to stop it unfolding because of a large diference in power and strength. As we talked about it she remarked at one stage you are looking at it through your eyes and your frame size and not mine. I had to submit or something much worse could have happened. It was a ahaaa moment. Perhaps other men are like me too I dont know. But I just didnt understand how it must be in those situations for her or other females as well.
    Ninety nine percent of the people in this world are fools. The rest of us are in great danger of contagion.
    Likes Skut, Thomas Peel, Deborah, QUACKA liked this post

Liked
    423 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If emergency services were handed over to forums:

"Triple zero, which service do you require?"

"A man is trying to break down the door of his ex's house next door to mine. At first I thought it was just a normal couple's argument but he's become super angry and I see that he has a knife"

"Not all men are violent - the important thing you need to do right now is to realise that I have never done any thing like this, meaning that the person under attack right now seems to be men in general and me in particular. My ex was batshit crazy, so don't let your neighbour off the hook just yet, and spare a thought for the dude. You seem offended and outraged rather than genuinely concerned, do you realise that offence can only be taken and not given? So get your semantics right, I win that logical argument, boo-yeah!. In my experience the daily life on my street is not this bad, maybe you need to just get over it? Ugh, It's you and man-hating feminazis like you that take all the fun out of this job"
    Regrets
    I've had a few
    But then again
    Sit down, this is going to take a while.
    Dislikes Mr Bean disliked this post

Liked
    423 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Me Bean: "My opinion is none of your business. Your opinion does not matter".
    Also Mr Bean *makes a point to publicly dislike my opinion*

Everything ok? Need a hug?
    Regrets
    I've had a few
    But then again
    Sit down, this is going to take a while.

Motorbike
    RZ250
    Liked
    2138 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrsism View Post

But I would like to highlight the womans side of things again. For me I think its where men fall down in understanding. I was talking with a female friend recently and she was discussing a situation where her partner at one stage was being violent. She is an amazingly fit person, a champion indoor rock climber but in the situation was totally powerless to stop it unfolding because of a large diference in power and strength. As we talked about it she remarked at one stage you are looking at it through your eyes and your frame size and not mine. I had to submit or something much worse could have happened. It was a ahaaa moment. Perhaps other men are like me too I dont know. But I just didnt understand how it must be in those situations for her or other females as well.

And that there is the message. It's not about stepping in as a White Knight or playing some "battle of the sexes" game, it's about being aware and understanding the differences at a confrontational level and how these events are continually resulting in homicide due to community and policing indifference.

Current government wants more powers to decrypt peoples' phones in order to "protect us from terrorists" (a diminishing threat) and yet cops brush aside domestic abuse cases and fail to attend AVO breaches with any sense of urgency. So many of these are preventable incidents with supporting evidence and history in hand.

Again, it comes back down to what is considered acceptable and normalised in a society, and what should be CONSTANTLY called out until there is a real change.
    Likes QUACKA liked this post