Liked
    406 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Skut View Post
    Current government wants more powers to decrypt peoples' phones in order to "protect us from terrorists" (a diminishing threat) and yet cops brush aside domestic abuse cases and fail to attend AVO breaches with any sense of urgency. So many of these are preventable incidents with supporting evidence and history in hand.
    On the flip side... A woman can apply for and receive an interim FVRO without any evidence but hearsay (half truths and exaggerations). The woman can then withdraw that same FVRO anytime before the final hearing, without a reason or any repercussion whatsoever. A mans professional reputation and career can be ruined by frivolous and vexatious accusations. Ask me how I know.
    It's terrifying to know that at any time, any woman can make up any story about any man that can neither be proved or disproved and completely ruin any mans life.

Unless there is an actual physical threat, no man should allow a woman to threaten him with police involvement or arrest. That's her way of trying to dominate and emasculate him. Leave her if she even tries this.
    Last edited by Mr Bean; 04-11-2018 at 08:25 AM. Reason: I can't spell
    “How people treat you is their karma; how you respond is yours.”
    Likes DQ, dwillia, Graelin, datsikk liked this post

Liked
    2943 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bean View Post
    There was once a time when women were held to a higher standard of behaviour and social etiquette (than men). Now we are living in a time where a woman can behave like a slut...but you can't call her a slut. Not all progress is progress.
    That would have to be the stupidest thing I have ever read.
    They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Motorbike
    fast ones
    Liked
    406 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chew View Post
    That would have to be the stupidest thing I have ever read.
    Haha... nice one.

Motorbike
    RZ250
    Liked
    2138 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the flip side... A woman can apply for and receive an interim FVRO without any evidence but hearsay (half truths and exaggerations). The woman can then withdraw that same FVRO anytime before the final hearing, without a reason or any repercussion whatsoever. A mans professional reputation and career can be ruined by frivolous and vexatious accusations. Ask me how I know.
    It's terrifying to know that at any time, any woman can make up any story about any man that can neither be proved or disproved and completely ruin any mans life.

Unless there is an actual physical threat, no man should allow a woman to threaten him with police involvement or arrest. That's her way of trying to dominate and emasculate him. Leave her if she even tries this.
    You ARE aware of how this reads, right?

As far as "It's terrifying to know..." - is it more terrifying to know than that you might be beaten/raped/killed by a partner or stranger (at a statistically terrifying rate)?

And as for "crazy" women (since we are in personal anecdotes as generalised "evidence) - I was in a relationship once with a lady who had a number of circumstantial and emotional issues. In many ways she created a lot of complications in my life at the time, and by my own choice I persisted and weathered it for quite a while. At one point she attempted to assault me and claw at my eyes, but being physically stronger I was able to hold her away till she settled and then leave the premises. In another scenario she did the same thing to an ex, who responded by beating her blue in front of her young kid.

In both situations one party has all the power at the time, and the other is the most vulnerable. Am I a saint for refraining to retaliate? Fuck no! it's just the reasonable course of action. The other guy is a shitcunt (to use a turn of phrase I see about the place) for doing otherwise and her personal safety shouldn't be dependent on the temperament of the guy she pisses off in some way or another. As it turned out she didn't press charges and "ruin his life" which I am sure some people will turn and say "Well, she could have done something about him, so she gets what she deserves if it happens again" - not to mention that the only material witness was an autistic child and my call to the guy where he admitted he did it but was provoked and if I wanted to sort it out to "meet on the corner of.... (insert tough-guy confrontational BS here)" which I regretfully declined

Also, the recent case where a woman has been jailed for the killing of a man who repeatedly raped her over time and when she resisted threatened to rape her daughter instead (so yeah, she fought for her daughter's welfare) - because the judge felt that the manner which she treated the deceased body after the deed was "disrespectful" and hurtful to his family. Seems fair, yeah?

Motorbike
    fast ones
    Liked
    406 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You ARE aware of how this reads, right?
    No, but I'm sure you're about to tell me haha

You're responses are becoming so predictable. It's not even entertaining anymore.

Liked
    5 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Topic summary - kafkatrapping.

Hey look at that I learnt a new word today.

Motorbike
    2018 MT10 2012 FZ8n
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah its an unwinnable situation, the harder you deny something the more obvious it is you're guilty!!
    Likes TurboR1, datsikk liked this post

Motorbike
    Twin
    Liked
    122 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBoof View Post

I honestly thought this thread had died a peaceful death and then I read "Kafkatrapping" and of course looked it up. I found this:

The term “kafkatrapping” describes a logical fallacy that is popular within gender feminism, racial politics and other ideologies of victimhood. It occurs when you are accused of a thought crime such as sexism, racism or homophobia. You respond with an honest denial, which is then used as further confirmation of your guilt. You are now trapped in a circular and unfalsifiable argument; no one who is accused can be innocent because the structure of kafkatrapping precludes that possibility.
    From here: https://www.thedailybell.com/all-art...kafkatrapping/

Sort of reminded me of the very old Spanish Inquisition thing: Someone would be accused of being a witch. If that person admitted they were a witch, they were killed. If they denied it, well "that's what a witch would say..." so they were killed.

Forgive me, the sun's past the yardarm.

Edit: Nutshelled by dwillia

Motorbike
    Big bang boom and a sewing machine
    Liked
    2533 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBoof View Post

This has been PSB for years
    REPENT MOTHER FUCKER
    (anarchy in english )

Motorbike
    RZ250
    Liked
    2138 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pnork View Post
    I honestly thought this thread had died a peaceful death and then I read "Kafkatrapping" and of course looked it up. I found this:

From here: https://www.thedailybell.com/all-art...kafkatrapping/
    .....yeah, you may want to do a little background on your sources there. The author of the article:

McElroy believes that crime data about rape are extremely inaccurate and that rape culture is a false narrative created by "politically-correct" feminists.[3][4] She is the author of Rape Culture Hysteria[5] in which she contends that rape culture is a result of popular hysteria to the disadvantage of men, and in particular, white men.[6]

She has criticized sexual harassment policies and in particular grade-school zero-tolerance policies – which she considers to be "far too broad and vague" and based on biased reports.
    But hey, it's on a web-page, so it must be true.

Fact is, we can quote internet links and articles all day and feel like we won an argument online: meanwhile murder and violence stats for women at the hands of men known or unknown to them continue to be pretty damn bleak.

Just sayin'

edit: and no, that's not kafkatrapping, it's research and observation
    Likes euphoric liked this post

Motorbike
    2007 RSV1000R Factory. 2012 RSV4 Factory. 2012 ZX10RR Endurance Special.
    Liked
    3663 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dwillia View Post
    yeah its an unwinnable situation, the harder you deny something the more obvious it is you're guilty!!
    So every straight white male with no known food allergies.

A guide to living in the 2010's - Be ashamed of being a male, apologise for being white, be allergic to gluten, become vegan for reasons other than trying to sleep a hot vegan girl, always have the latest flag/symbol/saying over your facebook photo to show people you are sending thoughts and prayers.

Forget AIDS and Cancer they are so '80's and 90's, Now we're all about mental health after we were convinced 80% of the population was a terrorist and the other 20% carried bird flu and SARS in the 00's.

The 2020s are coming... we're going to need something new to fear/rage/rally against.
    Last edited by TurboR1; 31-12-2018 at 09:03 AM.
    Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Motorbike
    RZ250
    Liked
    2138 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pshhh, whining about trends on social media is soooo 2018

Motorbike
    848,748r,900ssfe
    Liked
    950 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboR1 View Post
    So every straight white male with no known food allergies.

A guide to living in the 2010's - Be ashamed of being a male, apologise for being white, be allergic to gluten, become vegan for reasons other than trying to sleep a hot vegan girl, always have the latest flag/symbol/saying over your facebook photo to show people you are sending thoughts and prayers.

Forget AIDS and Cancer they are so '80's and 90's, Now we're all about mental health after we were convinced 80% of the population was a terrorist and the other 20% carried bird flu and SARS in the 00's.

The 2020s are coming... we're going to need something new to fear/rage/rally against.
    Ha, All part of getting old ,welcome to the grumpy old mens club .......
    Likes Skut liked this post

Motorbike
    Triumph Trident
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by keys View Post
    Ha, All part of getting old ,welcome to the grumpy old mens club .......
    Oi he is only a junior and probationary member 😋
    The only thing wrong with a perfect ride to work is that you end up at work.
    G T
    Likes keys liked this post

Liked
    2943 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my close circle of male friends (five), so far three have become grumpy old men. The one we all thought would be the worst has actually mellowed, which amuses everyone as he was always ready to "take it outside" as well. It also has a lot to do with all but giving up the demon drink 3 years ago. If he starts to get edgy we tell him to send old Dave home but new Dave can stay.

The other three all still drink too much but it is not them, it's everyone else, in true grumpy old man style.

Don't be those guys.
    They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits
    Likes Skut liked this post

Liked
    46 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
    Also Mr Bean *makes a point to publicly dislike my opinion*
    And? you only want people to "like" your posts?

If 10 random people were murdered and the words "allahu akbar" were shouted (or imagined) it would trigger a national security crisis.
    THe terror laws aren't aimed at reducing terrorism. They are there to strip away your rights..ever read 1984? Terrorism is simply used as an excuse to do it.

Keeping women safe is not only about teaching boys/men respect for women. It is about everyone having respect for everyone.
    Exactly, when will women respect men?

I was in a relationship once with a lady who had a number of circumstantial and emotional issues. In many ways she created a lot of complications in my life at the time, and by my own choice I persisted and weathered it for quite a while. At one point she attempted to assault me and claw at my eyes,
    In both situations one party has all the power at the time,

Also, the recent case where a woman has been jailed for the killing of a man who repeatedly raped her over time and when she resisted threatened to rape her daughter instead (so yeah, she fought for her daughter's welfare) - because the judge felt that the manner which she treated the deceased body after the deed was "disrespectful" and hurtful to his family. Seems fair, yeah?
    THat's just total BS. She WOULD have clawed your eyes out..but she was weaker..its still assault.. your only valid point is that men are better at physical violence.

Who has the power? Women use their tools to get at men...their will be a time when emotional violence (against men) will be a crime. Why should a bloke put up with a woman who provokes him with a barage of emotional abuse? Why should he "man up" and leave the scene? (esp if its his house). After one assault, she should know whats coming.

As for the woman who killed her partner...what prevented her from leaving him? you know ,moving O/S, interstate even? Once again the poor little woman is the victim? Don't you get tired of being so patronizing?
    Likes marras liked this post

Motorbike
    98 TITANIUM CBR1100XX SUPERBLACKBIRD
    Liked
    1150 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by datsikk View Post
    Who has the power? Women use their tools to get at men...their will be a time when emotional violence (against men) will be a crime. Why should a bloke put up with a woman who provokes him with a barage of emotional abuse? Why should he "man up" and leave the scene? (esp if its his house). After one assault, she should know whats coming.
    +1 I went through quite a bit with my current partner when we first met and she was the one with all the power, she owned the house, earned more money than me and did all the financial stuff She could also get violent when we had arguments (usually over money) to the point of jumping on my shoulders, banging her fists on my back and kicking me when I would walk away

I came so close to walking out the door many times but stuck it out and eventually I got a better job, she got counselling and medication and things improved but to most people who didn't know us I would have been the big bad man because I was physically stronger

Emotional assault and manipulation can be just as bad as physical assault and unsurprisingly most women are much better at the former than men, had a work colleague commit suicide because he couldn't handle his partners manipulation/cheating and lying

Doesn't make either right, humans generally can be pretty fucked up
    #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Phildo View Post
    Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
    Quote Originally Posted by filbert View Post
    i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
    Ozblackbird.net Administrator
    Likes datsikk, dwillia liked this post

Motorbike
    RZ250
    Liked
    2138 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why should a bloke put up with a woman who provokes him with a barage of emotional abuse? Why should he "man up" and leave the scene? (esp if its his house). After one assault, she should know whats coming.

As for the woman who killed her partner...what prevented her from leaving him? you know ,moving O/S, interstate even? Once again the poor little woman is the victim? Don't you get tired of being so patronizing?
    Number 1: What does "she should know what's coming" mean?

Number 2: "what prevented her from leaving him? you know ,moving O/S, interstate even? Once again the poor little woman is the victim?" You really don't understand how chronic abuse patterns work, do you? Do some research if you care enough to post about it.

Number 3: "Don't you get tired of being so patronizing?" No. But that isn't the point of the content of what I post, the topic is far more important than my or your ego on this particular thread.

Liked
    46 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Number 1: What does "she should know what's coming" mean?

I don't know about you, but I am a small bloke..Now if I walk up to some 110kg bloke and start yapping of in his face, ridicule him with his insecurities what do you think is likely to happen? And I keep going on and on?

I'm going to end up regretting doing so. I can figure that out, are you saying women can't?

I don't want to get into percentages because frankly, I don't know what they are, but there is SOME percentage of women who do this purposely to induce sympathy from the courts or family and friends.

Chronic abuse? - clearly the courts (in the example you gave) sided with my thinking. Every adult has options and clearly she went to far.

As for ego - off topic, not relevant.
    Likes marras liked this post

Motorbike
    RZ250
    Liked
    2138 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Words...
    So you would never have an argument with someone bigger than you because the only logical outcome is that the bigger person will resort to violence to win said disagreement? So no-one possesses any impulse control, or should? Is that how conflict resolution should work in a civilised society?
    Last time I mouthed off to someone larger than me (some braggart claiming to own a boxing gym or something) for trying to intimidate an old lady in a car park he just got in my face, yelled a lot and tried some weird vulcan nerve pinch. But like a true bully he backed off as he wasn't THAT much larger and was basically a coward. I'm pretty sure he had little hesitation when it comes to women though...

So you, as a smaller guy, should put up with any shit that comes your way simply because you are smaller? Ergo, a woman smaller than you should put up with any shit that comes her way? For both of those scenarios the answer should be "no".

If the "bigger" person cannot resolve conflict without resorting to violence and/or physical threat (unless genuinely physically threatened in a meaningful way) then the fault is theirs - ethically, AND in the eyes of the law (mostly).

But the thread is specifically about the levels of violence against women, the percentages of which you claim you don't know (care?), who are FAR more at risk than even you, no matter how small you may be.

On a parallel note. Fuck me, the level of men claiming victimhood these days is bordering on the pathetic. Everywhere on social media is a mass of panty-twisted rage boner seeing "PC culture" and "SJW" and "feminazi" agendas about everything, and it's threatening to make their beards smaller or something. I can't even open YouTube these days without some kind of backlash channel "recommended" for me hating on a female Doctor Who or bloody Star Wars. So many man-babies. SOOOO Many...