Liked
    304 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loud View Post
    Folks, stop labelling everyone with a gender and the associated stereotypes.

Which is exactly what they're doing at University. A brilliant move.

https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wa/...-ng-b88868648z
    "Do you suggest we get the UNI to go back and rewrite every piece of transcript ever written with these new rules applied..

I see a widening gap between gender groups due to the insane misuse of proprietry language.

Non gender specific rules are ok in some instances...I would be happy to hear your reply.

Brilliant on what level.?"

EDIT..I seem to have misunderstood your statements.....I'll leave my post as it stands.
    " Imagination is the seed of life..."

Motorbike
    2012 D675R,,,2010 HD FB Blart Blart
    Liked
    341 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, Id do the Toyota girl

Motorbike
    RZ250
    Liked
    2138 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dwillia View Post
    I don't really blame them
    Yeah, because everytime the wimmens talked about stuff that bothered them on this forum they was treated like shite and told to make a sammich 'cos that is funny hey? Hence if there are actually any left active on the forum (and once apon a time there were quite a few) they probably read some of the comments and decided to stay out of it.

When a thread about the rape and murder of a woman starts getting posts about "oh, us poor white guys - they are sometimes mean too!"... yeah, I don't blame them either.

Some fuckers really need to hand in their man-card (none of this is directed at you dwillia ) because there is nothing more pathetic about men complaining about being male and how whipped they are. The ultimate expression of this is rape/murder.

Maybe guys with a history of shit experiences with women need to have a look at themselves as a common denominator, or maybe stop blaming women with a history of ABUSIVE relationships for that abuse and the difficulty of breaking that cycle.

Face it, in most relationships, and in society, us guys have the upper hand and the most power and a gradual equalisation of that power (by law, by culture, by education) is NOT emasculation - get over it.

I agree with the sentiment of the OP - it starts and stops with a male culture and sometimes it can be pretty shit and self-perpetuating. It sure is getting better than when I first entered an all-male workplace, something I am blissfully free of now, but there still remains a "toxic male" culture. You may not be part of it, but pretty sure a few witness it.

I don't actually understand why guys feel like the victims when the consequences for them may be a bogus claim against them (and surely it doesn't happen that much without some smoke for the fire) and for women its complete violation (it's NOT sex) and possibly death - there is no real comparison and the stats back that up.

So the simple request by the OP is: "Don't be that guy" and "Don't just someone else be that guy"

And comments like the one posted above are part of the problem, as inane a stretch as that may seem (but in this thread and context it's pretty shite)

Motorbike
    2018 MT10 2012 FZ8n
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Skut View Post
    (none of this is directed at you dwillia )
    No, I'm sure it isn't

I am a firm believer in equality in sandwich making duties

Anyone want to tell me why The Kitchen exists? and WTF it's called The Kitchen?

Motorbike
    RZ250
    Liked
    2138 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, I'm sure it isn't

I am a firm believer in equality in sandwich making duties

Anyone want to tell me why The Kitchen exists? and WTF it's called The Kitchen?
    Pretty sure at the time it was a joke. There was also The Shed.

I have it on good authority not much happened in the former back in the day, but was meant to be a space with a little less sausage-fest. But the forum was a much more diverse place back then - times change.

Motorbike
    2018 MT10 2012 FZ8n
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've noticed from reading old threads that there used to be quite a lot of female members

We're they scared off by the chest beating do you think?

Motorbike
    a couple...
    Liked
    585 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All this talk of rape is making me all rapey

I'm not on fuckin Twitter either so have no hashtag to stop me.. this PSB grade shit just not gonna cut it
    Likes BusaSteve liked this post

Motorbike
    RZ250
    Liked
    2138 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've noticed from reading old threads that there used to be quite a lot of female members

We're they scared off by the chest beating do you think?
    It was a different time - the Golden Age of PSB

I don't think it was any one thing to blame, but it did play a part I think.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Shabadoo View Post
    All this talk of rape is making me all rapey

I'm not on fuckin Twitter either so have no hashtag to stop me.. this PSB grade shit just not gonna cut it
    Oh fuck off you big pussy

Motorbike
    a couple...
    Liked
    585 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Back in the 80s you could just rape whoever you wanted

Though the teachers had already raped everyone before lunch anyhow so was all sloppy seconds

Motorbike
    2009 V-Star 250
    Liked
    1372 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never want to hear about another Jill Meaghers or Eurydice Dixon again!

A few young men get hurt by other young men and a city has to shutdown! 1000s of women are assaulted every year and they're told "try not to be raped"? It's a fucking disgrace!

It stops with us! Change your shitty attitude or behaviour, call your mates out on their shitty attitude or behaviour, kick your sons' arses for their shitty attitudes or behaviour.

Most men are stronger than most women. All women are scared alone in public, all the fucking time. Why should anyone be scared to walk home just because they have a vagina?

Guys, it stops now! No more Jills, no more Eurydices.

#itstopswithme
    I like to let these threads run for a couple of days before I check in again, just to let the InCel Trolls spew their shite!

Fact is guys, I have 4 close female friends who have been violently raped in public, some in the middle of the day, lots of witnesses but no convictions. Cops couldn't give a shit as it's too hard to investigate, let's go get those guys with missing helmet stickers!

90% of the females I know have been followed, stared at, harassed, groped, cat called, date raped, raped by strangers or intimate partners.

Every single one of the offenders has been a man! I guarantee that at least one of your mates has raped or assaulted someone!

We are a big group of men here! We are for the most part compassionate and empathetic people. All I was saying in the OP was to call out the makes in your life for their shitty behaviour. If we as men make rape culture unacceptable then there will be fewer rapes.
    The correct number of bikes to own = N + 1, where N is the current number of bikes you own.

Motorbike
    2018 MT10 2012 FZ8n
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BOFH View Post
    If we as men make rape culture unacceptable then there will be fewer rapes.
    100% agree

I work hard to make the people around me as safe as possible, all the men I associate are the type of human who would walk someone to their destination.

I'm struggling to think of what more to do, other than start hanging around arseholes and then calling them on their behaviour, or lurking in bushes to catch a rapist.

Motorbike
    RZ250
    Liked
    2138 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Shabadoo View Post
    Back in the 80s you could just rape whoever you wanted

Though the teachers had already raped everyone before lunch anyhow so was all sloppy seconds
    Yeah, well my old exclusive private school has a shitload of law-suits on the way. It bites back in the end, as it should. If you are not just tossing out a joke for shits etc then maybe make a case. I am, if not for me (I got off lightly) but for those that copped it worse with the whole thing hidden away.

I like to let these threads run for a couple of days before I check in again, just to let the InCel Trolls spew their shite!

Every single one of the offenders has been a man! I guarantee that at least one of your mates has raped or assaulted someone!

Probably a bit extreme. I can vouch for my mates as I don't have many. An ex-mate (in that I have no idea where he is anymore - he was always a bit of mystery) confessed to me once that he had hit his partner and was quite tearful. I said, "You're not absolved, this isn't confession, it was a shit thing to do and at least you know that. But fuck me, you are a big lad and you have a brain, you should never have gone there. If you can't win an argument with words then you have completely lost it if it becomes phyiscal" Or words to that effect with more profanity and less eloquence.

Motorbike
    2009 V-Star 250
    Liked
    1372 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I work in a higher education institute. A while ago I happened to pass by a few of my team as I was returning with lunch and I joined them.
    The youngest of our little lunchtime group was in his mid 30s. The oldest is nearly 50. All of them were making disgusting comments about the young ladies passing by. When I pointed out that 3 of us were parents of teenager girls and that they were only 2 or 3 years away from being objectified by sad old pricks like them I was pretty much ostracised.
    The correct number of bikes to own = N + 1, where N is the current number of bikes you own.

Motorbike
    RZ250
    Liked
    2138 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I work in a higher education institute. A while ago I happened to pass by a few of my team as I was returning with lunch and I joined them.
    The youngest of our little lunchtime group was in his mid 30s. The oldest is nearly 50. All of them were making disgusting comments about the young ladies passing by. When I pointed out that 3 of us were parents of teenager girls and that they were only 2 or 3 years away from being objectified by sad old pricks like them I was pretty much ostracised.
    As a friend of mine once said "The ratio of males in a workplace is proportional to douche-baggery" and as long as that remains true (ie being unable to shoot the shit with a bunch of guys and NOT denigrate or objectify women - and yeah, I'm sure women do this too, but there IS a difference in application) and aggressive gender stereotypes (that fucking alpha male myth/cult). I'm surprised and concerned that attitude exists in higher education circles (private?) as my professional experience with tertiary institutions would suggest otherwise.

Motorbike
    2018 MT10 2012 FZ8n
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Skut View Post
    As a friend of mine once said "The ratio of males in a workplace is proportional to douche-baggery" and as long as that remains true (ie being unable to shoot the shit with a bunch of guys and NOT denigrate or objectify women - and yeah, I'm sure women do this too, but there IS a difference in application) and aggressive gender stereotypes (that fucking alpha male myth/cult). I'm surprised and concerned that attitude exists in higher education circles (private?) as my professional experience with tertiary institutions would suggest otherwise.
    I guess I'm sheltered in that I work in mining (professional) and such behaviour is just not tolerated ....(anymore).

you simply cannot, even if you wanted to, treat women and indeed anyone with disrespect. I'm sure it still happens, but I don't see it.

Motorbike
    2018 MT10 2012 FZ8n
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Likes Para045 liked this post

Motorbike
    Twins
    Liked
    491 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh, another VPN ad]
    BOFH you must live in a different country as me or hang with some very strange people.

I blame the sexual revolution and the 70's swingers.
    #70s
    Likes Mr Bean liked this post

Motorbike
    Expensive Espresso Machine
    Liked
    389 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess I'm sheltered in that I work in mining (professional) and such behaviour is just not tolerated ....(anymore).

you simply cannot, even if you wanted to, treat women and indeed anyone with disrespect. I'm sure it still happens, but I don't see it.
    Mining can either be women that don't mind sexiest jokes, one told the guys how yoghurt going down her throat was just like jizz.
    Or ultra PC
    Say or do the wrong thing and window seat you'll get.

Its more ultra PC
    "Some people are like clouds. When they disappear it's a beautiful day"