Expensive Espresso Machine
    Liked
    389 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its a fair point.... first world countries men and women have the choice to be what they want to be if its attainable/realistic.....

As for harping on about women used to frequent PSB... its not just this forum its all forums both men and women have left to stalkbook groups and IMO even stalkbook groups are dying.

Thread derailed to.....
    Last edited by Halo_2; 24-06-2018 at 07:22 PM.
    "Some people are like clouds. When they disappear it's a beautiful day"
    Likes Shady7/8 liked this post

Liked
    416 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a very good article in the Sunday Times on this topic.
    I personally have never felt afraid walking fom the CBD or Northbridge to the train station or from the train stop to
    home late on a Fri/ Sat night.

Heres a womans take on things:

https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wa/...-ng-b88872889z
    Likes Skut liked this post

Motorbike
    The lil tractor that could.
    Liked
    631 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazon View Post
    There is a very good article in the Sunday Times on this topic.
    I personally have never felt afraid walking fom the CBD or Northbridge to the train station or from the train stop to
    home late on a Fri/ Sat night.

Heres a womans take on things:

https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wa/...-ng-b88872889z
    I sure as fuck do when I'm alone.

I avoid certain spots.

Cross the road to avoid groups.

That's reality for males and females.
    In sterquiliniis invenitur.
    Likes Tim the PM, Halo_2, Para045, datsikk, QUACKA and 4 others liked this post

Liked
    416 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crobbo View Post

I avoid certain spots.

you must have cute buns then

I used to work in the city...catching public transport during the day or night was routine for me.

Motorbike
    Aprilia RS250, GSXR750 Slabbie
    Liked
    906 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Halo_2 View Post
    Its a fair point.... first world countries men and women have the choice to be what they want to be if its attainable/realistic....
    Ignore everything except the point of the thread - women get raped and murdered by men and they would like the help of men to stop it.

You want to make a "fair point" about how things aren't as bad for women as it's made out to be? On a thread about that?

It's just really poor form.

Maybe there are places for your opinions on the matter but c'mon, read the room.
    Click Link for My Bikes:

Aprilia RS250
    1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"

Motorbike
    Liked
    906 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I avoid certain spots.

Nope.

How can you equate the two?

I'm 6'4", 100kg and can use those assets to get out of trouble. I'm comfortable walking just about anywhere night or day on my own. How many people are looking to sexually assault me when I go out? And you've met me - I'm ridiculously attractive How many people will it take to overpower me? And I'm not unique or even on the upper scale of big, strong males.

Now imagine a 55kg female walking the street. All it would take is one guy.

Very different.
    Click Link for My Bikes:

Aprilia RS250
    1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"
    Likes Skut liked this post

Motorbike
    (TY-250- RD350LC- Gsx 750 esd) Current -Gsx 250 SSM GSX 1100 EFE
    Liked
    304 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I found myself taking the high moral ground....

I hate that.....
    " Imagination is the seed of life..."

Motorbike
    Liked
    389 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Loud View Post
    You want to make a "fair point" about how things aren't as bad for women as it's made out to be? On a thread about that?
    Previous posts were off topic, It was in response (and intj) to showgirls at the bike show.

they would like the help of men to stop it
    This is why people travel in groups they done that since the beginning of time for protection.

Nope.

I'm 6'4", 100kg and can use those assets to get out of trouble. I'm comfortable walking just about anywhere night or day on my own. How many people are looking to sexually assault me when I go out? And you've met me - I'm ridiculously attractive How many people will it take to overpower me? And I'm not unique or even on the upper scale of big, strong males.

Very different.
    There is always bashings in NB and not that long ago coward punch death.
    My own cousin put me in a headlock and told me to stay the f*ck away from the girl I was dancing with because he wanted her...

The issues women face men face too

Motorbike
    Liked
    906 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Halo_2 what is your objective by stating somewhat-related concepts and anecdotes in opposition to posts that support of the safety of women?

I don't get it.

The issues women face men face too
    If that's your genuine belief then I just don't know where to begin.

Yes I do. Rape. Adult male rape versus adult female rape. Do you think there are equal statistics for the numbers of both in Perth?
    Click Link for My Bikes:

Aprilia RS250
    1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"

Motorbike
    Liked
    389 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was in my first post in this thread......its not just a women issue which other people are saying aswell.

Im not going to waste my time looking for statistics to win a internet post... shit happens to both sexes.

Its not the first and won't be the last rape/murder, people are cunts to each other even to their own spouse or kids.

Its the elephant in the room controlling manipulative happens in both sexes, beat their family up but claim their a good person.
    Moniter their phone, emails, money, social life, social media etc. people can be down right c*nts to each other......

Motorbike
    98 TITANIUM CBR1100XX SUPERBLACKBIRD
    Liked
    1150 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chew View Post
    Except you apparently?
    Nah I'm not a clairvoyant, even someone like me who works in the industry can be surprised at how these people are able to hide things
    Thankfully I have reports and transcripts to check on to get the information needed

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Dealer View Post
    Who said anyone should feel guilty? With you Para, your attitude appears to be either all or nothing. You seem to think you're being asked to go out on a fucking crusade and change the whole world. You're not.
    Anyone would think you're a one eyed Valentino Rossi supporter.
    Oh I don't know? Maybe the posts below which to me appear to imply without much doubt that ALL men need take responsibility and feel guilt for not stopping these reprehensible acts The whole attitude from some of you is implication that we don't already talk up or step in when some shitbag does something to a women (or a man) when I know plenty of people both men and women who step up when needed and don't need to be told by some unknown person on the internet or TV
    As for being a Rossi supporter you've been on here long enough to know that is not and never will be the case

It stops with us! Change your shitty attitude or behaviour, call your mates out on their shitty attitude or behaviour, kick your sons' arses for their shitty attitudes or behaviour.

Most men are stronger than most women. All women are scared alone in public, all the fucking time. Why should anyone be scared to walk home just because they have a vagina?

Guys, it stops now! No more Jills, no more Eurydices.
    As we (men) stoop so low as to attack and kill a woman on her looks/attitude .... what could possibly be the trigger that leads to that????
    And of course the chorus of 'It's not me, why are they blaming all men?' will chime in. Well champ, I encourage you to be comfortable enough with who you are as a man to see beyond the surface.
    I guess it's probably pointless to suggest that some us, males, just stop being fuckheads...
    The thing is the vast majority of assaults are carried out by males. Even domestic violence against males is predominantly carried out by males.
    Maybe you should get some funding and start a support group for downtrodden male WASP's?
    Or maybe it's about a discussion? The fact that so many here are going "yeah, naw - you know, sometimes it's the woman's fault. I don't know any rapists blah blah" pretty much reinforces the message.
    Some fuckers really need to hand in their man-card because there is nothing more pathetic about men complaining about being male and how whipped they are. The ultimate expression of this is rape/murder.
    Every single one of the offenders has been a man! I guarantee that at least one of your mates has raped or assaulted someone
    #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Phildo View Post
    Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
    Quote Originally Posted by filbert View Post
    i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
    Ozblackbird.net Administrator
    Likes dwillia, Shady7/8 liked this post
    Dislikes Ryanoceros disliked this post

Motorbike
    Liked
    906 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So your objective is to argue that no change is required in society towards the safety of women. Because men are just as at-risk as women when it comes to being physically and sexually assaulted.

And you prefer not to investigate further because you have decades of experience of being a male. And you prefer to assert your male opinions regardless of common knowledge such as: men are stronger than women and this makes women easier for men to assault.

Look it's a bold position. I'd put it on par with Flat-Earthers.
    Click Link for My Bikes:

Aprilia RS250
    1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"

Motorbike
    98 TITANIUM CBR1100XX SUPERBLACKBIRD
    Liked
    1150 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I avoid certain spots.

+1 I'm a big strong bloke and can handle myself pretty well but I've always been cautious in certain parts of Perth especially NB!

Yes I know I've got a better chance than a 55kg female but are you seriously trying to say that is OK? It shouldn't matter that a woman is easier to overpower than a male, we all bleed when stabbed with a knife or will have trouble when jumped by a bunch of other PEOPLE whether male or female
    You'd be surprised what a number of women can do given training and equipment, I know I've been on the end of it during training for work

The point is what happens to both sexes is bad and shouldn't happen and all any of us can do is do our best to try and stop it and hope the govt and judiciary apply appropriate penalties
    That's part of the satisfaction I get in making sure the scum that do this shit aren't able to get out and do it again
    #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Phildo View Post
    Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
    Quote Originally Posted by filbert View Post
    i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
    Ozblackbird.net Administrator
    Likes Shady7/8 liked this post
    Dislikes Ryanoceros disliked this post

Motorbike
    Liked
    906 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Para045 View Post
    It shouldn't matter that a woman is easier to overpower than a male, we all bleed when stabbed with a knife or will have trouble when jumped by a bunch of other PEOPLE whether male or female
    Shouldn't matter? It's the entire point.

And "PEOPLE"? When was the last time you heard of a bunch of females abducting, raping and murdering a male?

Look at how women victims are statistically represented and tell me that special attention doesn't need to be given to have them feel as safe as you or I when walking down a suburban street or beach at night.

C'mon guys. Imagine being a female and reading this thread. You're not supporting their plea to feel safe? You're saying that males have it just as bad? Dayuum.

Plenty of human rights issues had people on both sides I guess. Just imagine how it felt to be the repressed, wanting equality, reading the comments of people who didn't think their issue warranted any special attention.
    Click Link for My Bikes:

Aprilia RS250
    1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"

Motorbike
    1400GTR 2010, ZX14 09, ZX14R 2012
    Liked
    15 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And "PEOPLE"? When was the last time you heard of a bunch of females abducting, raping and murdering a male?
    https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&r...d7xEldBwd1ynjT
    FarRider # 159,
    Likes Shady7/8, Para045 liked this post

Motorbike
    None for now.
    Liked
    247 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not antagonizing, I am pointing out a simple fact that people have the right to choose a job. Im not the oppressor telling women what they can and cant do for work. Next step veils and curfew. Pity that comment was read as some kind of disrespect when it was the furthest from it

Motorbike
    Few different breeds
    Liked
    207 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best solution is to bring in compulsory castration for repeat rapists (2 or more proven cases).
    Then the population with that tendency of violence will view rape as something they are not encouraged to do.
    Life is NOT a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: "Wahoo!! What a ride!"
    Likes Para045 liked this post

Motorbike
    Liked
    906 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by INTJ View Post
    I'm not antagonizing, I am pointing out a simple fact that people have the right to choose a job. Im not the oppressor telling women what they can and cant do for work. Next step veils and curfew. Pity that comment was read as some kind of disrespect when it was the furthest from it
    But it is disrespectful and antagonizing in the context of this thread. And far from a "simple fact" if you have any depth of understanding when it comes to the issues women face in employment. And maybe the next step could be blinkers and a curfew for men, because why punish victims?

Well that sucks. You implying that it's a situation that is rife across the world or anything other than "unusual situation" that the article calls it?

And what of you? You see a scenario where an argument is being made in support of women the world over who are asking for help, and your contribution is to provide a link that tries to contradict a person standing up for them?

Without adding so much as your own words?

How very brave of you.
    Click Link for My Bikes:

Aprilia RS250
    1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"
    Likes chew liked this post
    Dislikes Para045 disliked this post

Motorbike
    2018 MT10 2012 FZ8n
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you're kidding aren't you?
    Likes Shady7/8, Para045 liked this post

Motorbike
    Liked
    906 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dwillia View Post
    you're kidding aren't you?
    You want to state a point mate?

Before you do, have a cursory glance of the news on the internet. Or TV. To see how overwhelming the issue is for women. Wait, you have, and you felt hard done-by enough to make a whole new thread about how tired you were of it.

Go on. Say something argumentative because it'll make you feel better somehow. In a thread about how women shouldn't be raped and killed. I'm sure that every male you walk past on a dark night is a potential threat to you - not in the knife/gun/atomic bomb bullshit that has already been made.

Be another guy on here who wants to put up a comment to detract from a movement involving women not wanting to be over-represented when it comes to violent crime statistics.

Go on.
    Click Link for My Bikes:

Aprilia RS250
    1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"
    Likes Skut, euphoric liked this post
    Dislikes Shady7/8, Para045 disliked this post